AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-22, 19:50   Link #9941
Jestersage

Look Seung Jae, if you consider what happened to America during Katrina, where Bush (and about half of the nation) is slow to response, it is not surprise how this forum (which is mostly from US) react.
Old 2008-05-22, 20:03   Link #9942
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Look Seung Jae, if you consider what happened to America during Katrina, where Bush (and about half of the nation) is slow to response, it is not surprise how this forum (which is mostly from US) react.
Just like any other goverment in the world.....,.,.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:19   Link #9943
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
I mean how is episode 9 going to offend the chinese??? If its going to offend them anyway just offend them earlier , it not like their going to forget the disaster in a week.
Very funny.

It's for being polite. It's for showing empathy. It's for showing respect to the dead.
In Chinese there's an old teaching, "when there's funeral in the neighborhood, don't sing in the streets". I believe Japanese have similar sayings, since we're very close in culture. Sure, some neighbor dead may have nothing to do with you, but it's not nice to show you don't care and are so happy yippie hooray in front of them. Not to mention make fun of it. Whether you care or not, it's polite to stay low.

And it's not like you can't sing for the rest of your life. Just not during the funeral.
Postpone for a week is to avoid the funeral.

I don't care if anyone find what I wrote unbelievable. I'm stating a fact.
If you find it unbelievable, that's cultural difference.
I know some Americans do not think that much for deads, and they don't care if everyone else in the world gets killed. In other English forums I got replies like "WTF respect for the dead? They are dead anyway! "
Well, it's a show in Japan so it abides Japanese culture. Bitching is not going to change anything. It's not going to change how the Japanese think for thousands of years and the fact Turn9 gets postponed. To be more productive, try flying to Tokyo, go to Sunrise to whine in their face that the show is more important and to hell with the Chinese, and promise them that if they air the show they won't get complaints from parents & critiques in Japan, saying this show is giving their children bad example on mocking people in mourn.

We're lucky this happened halfway during the show, and they don't have enough time to postpone it more. FMP got postponed for half a year because 9/11 happened before the 1st episode was on air. What does 9/11 has to do with Japanese? Nothing. And that part in FMP was only a planejack and everyone got home safely, not even similar to 9/11. It's not like the US will bicker about it. But they postponed it anyways. For showing respect even though the ones respected don't care. For not teaching their children to do the wrong thing in other people's funerals.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-05-23 at 00:48.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:25   Link #9944
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Back in the first episode of season 1 Lelouch used his geass on Viletta and took her Knightmare. Then later in the year, after his Geass wouldn't turn off it I think he used it on her again didn't he? When she lost her memory of seeing who Zero was? Could it be that Lelouch no longer has the one time limit on his Geass, and he doesn't even know it yet? Or did Viletta lose her memory from a blow to the head or something convenient like that?
Old 2008-05-22, 23:28   Link #9945
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
Back in the first episode of season 1 Lelouch used his geass on Viletta and took her Knightmare. Then later in the year, after his Geass wouldn't turn off it I think he used it on her again didn't he? When she lost her memory of seeing who Zero was? Could it be that Lelouch no longer has the one time limit on his Geass, and he doesn't even know it yet? Or did Viletta lose her memory from a blow to the head or something convenient like that?
No she lost her memory that time because Shirley shot her and she washed up on a dock where Ougi found her, and then it came back in Stage 24, Lelouch had nothing to do with that, at least directly so no, he has not lost the restriction of using the Geass once per person... >_>
Old 2008-05-22, 23:29   Link #9946
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Back in the first episode of season 1 Lelouch used his geass on Viletta and took her Knightmare.
Yes he did.

Quote:
Then later in the year, after his Geass wouldn't turn off it I think he used it on her again didn't he?
No he didn't.

Quote:
When she lost her memory of seeing who Zero was? Could it be that Lelouch no longer has the one time limit on his Geass, and he doesn't even know it yet? Or did Viletta lose her memory from a blow to the head or something convenient like that?
See Krimzon's post.

Old 2008-05-22, 23:50   Link #9947
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
No she lost her memory that time because Shirley shot her and she washed up on a dock where Ougi found her, and then it came back in Stage 24, Lelouch had nothing to do with that, at least directly so no, he has not lost the restriction of using the Geass once per person... >_>
Ah, O.k. thanks.
Old 2008-05-22, 23:59   Link #9948
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
I don't care if any of you find what I wrote acceptable. I'm stating a fact.
If you find it unbelievable, that's cultural difference.
I know Americans do not think that much for deads, and they don't care if everyone else in the world gets killed. In other English forums I got replies like "WTF respect for the dead? They are dead anyway! "
Live with it. It's a show in Japan so it abides Japanese culture. Bitch and whine all you like and it's not going to change anything. It's not going to change how the Japanese think for thousands of years and the fact Turn9 get postponed. To be more productive, try flying to Tokyo, go to Sunrise to whine in their face that the show is more important and to hell with the Chinese, and promise them that if they air the show they won't get complaints from parents & critiques in Japan, saying this show is giving their children bad example on mocking people in mourn.
Excuse me, but cultural differences? You're saying that Americans do not think much for the dead on the basis of differences in culture? Isn't that a complete stereotype? Personally, I find this completely insulting especially considering you're degrading an entire country of people based on comments made by a few idiots. I don't know what forums you're frequenting, but they don't represent me or anyone that I know.

How would you like it if someone said something similar about people in your country? I can perfectly understand your previous points of why they would postpone the show and I respect those decisions. What I don't respect is your bigoted and immature response. Sorry about being harsh, but I think most of us would like an apology.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:01   Link #9949
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

@flou
Okay. Sorry. I added "some" American.
Although from the interactions I had with Americans, online and in real life, it's leave the dead to the dead and I have my own life. Especially when it's not his/her own relative, it's "why should I care".
And I see this "why should we give a damn about those Chinese" talk everywhere in English fandom, and it's not like anyone disagrees with it.

It's actually the very first time I see an American who cares.
But maybe it's because those who are understanding don't voice their opinion as much as those who bicker. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Okay what?
The knights being equal I understand. The battle strengths is something else I don't get if that's how they follow.
Is there any link to this novel?
I said the current knights. They match, and that's the results. It's not the people on that seat is always that good.

Link to the novel. The only way to read it is to buy it. There's a short summary on 2ch, which is mostly covered in that LJ article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't see the point of the numbers at all if they don't apply to rank or something.
So, do the numbers on the seats in movie theaters mean ranks? Do you pay more for seat #2 than #6? Do you feel superior to the person in #12 when you're in #10?

Think of it this way. The numbers are just seats. ;p

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-05-23 at 00:34.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:33   Link #9950
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
And I see this "why should we give a damn about those Chinese" talk everywhere in English fandom, while no one (except Kang) disagrees with it.

It's actually the very first time I see an American who cares.
But maybe it's because those who are understanding don't voice their opinion as much as those who bicker. XD
I'm one who cares, and I also know plenty that couldn't give half a shit. People being inconsiderate is nothing new, and don't be too surprised with this happening on the interwebs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Excuse me, but cultural differences? You're saying that Americans do not think much for the dead on the basis of differences in culture? Isn't that a complete stereotype? Personally, I find this completely insulting especially considering you're degrading an entire country of people based on comments made by a few idiots. I don't know what forums you're frequenting, but they don't represent me or anyone that I know.
The idiots tend to be the loudest ones. And it's all the of the innertubes, not just a few forums. Believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
How would you like it if someone said something similar about people in your country? I can perfectly understand your previous points of why they would postpone the show and I respect those decisions. What I don't respect is your bigoted and immature response. Sorry about being harsh, but I think most of us would like an apology.
Honestly, I don't blame Koshimizu at all for having the perception. It's just something that happens.

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2008-05-23 at 00:49.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:37   Link #9951
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

I am American >_>

I think they should hold back the episode for a week. Its not that Americans do not care for the Chinese... we are just in another country and are not focused as much outside of North America(Iraq etc). I do not know the plot for Ep. 9 but it involves the Chinese soo I think it would be wise to at least delay a bit. Though I will be honest and say that this did not happen today. Will not really change much but show respect for the losses.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:42   Link #9952
FuzzyWuzzy

If the next show involves chinese people getting owned, then that's just cruel.
Besides, no one who just experienced a terrible tragedy or a country who just experienced a terrible tragedy would watch shows with violence. For example: 9-11 happened and arnold swartzeineigers movie took a dive.
Old 2008-05-23, 00:50   Link #9953
Aquaman OS

9-11 censorship was much worse than that. For days no networks dared to air anything but news broadcasts of the event, episodes of any tv shows that featured the Twin Towers in any context have never been shown on tv since, broadcasts of movies had the buildings digitally edited out and several in production videogames such as MGS 2 and a Spiderman game had last minute revisions to remove the towers from them.

That said while I do think airing it is insensitive, I don't think a whole week will really make a difference.
Old 2008-05-23, 01:57   Link #9954
hchuang

Aside from showing respect for the dead, maybe there's some content in episode 9 that would strike an especially sensitive chord that would need to be modified? For example, people dying in collapsing building... that would just be a little bit too much IMO
Old 2008-05-23, 03:47   Link #9955
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchuang View Post
Aside from showing respect for the dead, maybe there's some content in episode 9 that would strike an especially sensitive chord that would need to be modified? For example, people dying in collapsing building... that would just be a little bit too much IMO
Which was the possibility that most people over here in East Asia were talking about.
Old 2008-05-23, 04:22   Link #9956
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Contents for the special program in 6/1 announced. http://www.mbs.jp/geass/
Showdown in Akihabara! Code Geass Festival!
It's a video game showdown in a unique shop (huh?) and an introduction to Code Geass by famous people.

Title for Turn 11: The Power of Will「想い の 力」 (or the Power of Thoughts / Intention / Desire)
This photo also shows another one of Cecil's new attire... well, at least half ot it.
Old 2008-05-23, 04:30   Link #9957
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
That picture is incomplete, by reasonable assumption there's also a summary for episode 11 too. So I'm looking forward to that coming up.
Old 2008-05-23, 04:48   Link #9958
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
That picture is incomplete, by reasonable assumption there's also a summary for episode 11 too. So I'm looking forward to that coming up.
The title of turn 11 is apparently "Omoi no Chikara", which can be translated as "The power of thoughts/love/desire/affection/imagination (as well as a number of other meanings )"

Edit: Whoops, Koshimizu already said that. Nevermind then T_T.
Old 2008-05-23, 05:03   Link #9959
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The title of turn 11 is apparently "Omoi no Chikara", which can be translated as "The power of thoughts/love/desire/affection/imagination (as well as a number of other meanings )"

Edit: Whoops, Koshimizu already said that. Nevermind then T_T.
Yeah, I also said summary, not title.
Old 2008-05-23, 05:21   Link #9960
gabbytay
Banned

Anyway I'm just angry bout what happened to chinese girl who was arrested for making a comment here. I mean whats so bad about disrespecting the dead?? it not like their going to resu and beat the sh8t out of you..

The net has no humanity in general.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers