Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-01-21, 20:49   Link #761
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
A revenge plot has been done far too many times in anime IMO
besides Lelouch would make certain stupid mistakes like that wouldn't happen otherwise his whole "requiem" would hardly make sense if it can be jeopardized by something so stupid..
Surely Lelouch cannot be underestimated when thinking of plans

Also how would they find out about geass, all traces are gone of it. I mean it would be easy to figure out why Lelouch did things as Zero and all that but geass is not something you can find out since it is only known to a handful of people..

Frankly I don't want to see a rip off of another series's plot to work as a sequel, shoo with the celestial being plot cause this isn't 00, how many series have had vengeance terrorists in it >.>; I would rather have them be more original than pick a standard something that we see at least once a year
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 22:43   Link #762
Betteroffer

True, infact I've wondered if the in-story reason Lelouch put all his soldiers in those garish outfits was to make them unidentifieable, thus the survivors could be released and returned to normal lives with neither them, nor the world knowing that they were part of the group actually loyal to Lelouch.

Obviously the out-of-story reason was so they didn't have to draw a bunch of different people, as it's a staple tactic for animators.

As for learning about Geass, as said, Kanon could reveal it to people and he or others could find records of the Directorate somehow, along with survivors. Beyond that, Schneizel was studying the thought Elevators in season 1, so he or Kanon may have something they could put together from that.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 23:27   Link #763
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

good grief this is (bleepin) too much with rate of thinking of what new geass project might really if this keep up the ideas we're thinking might too much like we're being Phineas and Ferb idea doing for geass?

really just please sunrise tell us what is this new geass project?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 00:36   Link #764
sniperz

Lelouch might be alive through C.C yet! Anticipating this movie!
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 01:46   Link #765
GundamFan0083

Through CC?
Did I miss something?

I've heard the whole "Charles Code" theory, but C2?
That's a new one on me.
Anyhoo, until further notice Lelouch is dead as disco.
Not saying that Sunrise can't or won't retcon him, just saying that as it stands right now, he's dead as fried chicken.
And that is enough of that, please get back to the subject matter.

@Blade.
That idea you have for a post-R2 story is great, it's a pity it's not in fanfiction.
It's an excellent story idea, I wish you'd write a fic about that one.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 02:25   Link #766
stardrago

Well there are always a possibilite through reconstructive surgery into a cyborg although if later on his body somehow reaches C's World through a thought elevator with his mind returns to him but if it takes 2-5 years after his death is debatible if they want to continue with his former harem
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 05:11   Link #767
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
A revenge plot has been done far too many times in anime IMO
besides Lelouch would make certain stupid mistakes like that wouldn't happen otherwise his whole "requiem" would hardly make sense if it can be jeopardized by something so stupid..
Surely Lelouch cannot be underestimated when thinking of plans

Also how would they find out about geass, all traces are gone of it. I mean it would be easy to figure out why Lelouch did things as Zero and all that but geass is not something you can find out since it is only known to a handful of people.
the whole "requiem" part already makes no sense
the idea that lelouch dies and suddenly everything is dandy and the whole world is unified with no decanting voices is inherently absurd

Spoiler for examples:

you see the entire notion behind world peace simply because of lelouch death is absurd fantasy
now in my view, there are two ways to deal with absurd fantasy
1)accepting it at face value despite it being illogical and absurd
2) deconstruction and reconstruction of the concept into something that actually WORKS
i prefer the second option, and all it takes is a small shift in thinking

zero-requiem didn't END in lelouch's death
zero-requiem BEGAN with lelouch death, and is in full swing during the sequel

Lelouch wanted to unify the world into a single unified utopia
lelouch's reign of terror and his death served to eliminate the hate that people of the world had for each other following the years of war
but the actual unification part of zero-requiem is still ongoing, and its going to take years before its complete, during which the problems i gave an example of would be sure to raise
nunnaly cant make the reforms required to make britannia a better place with the nobles nipping at her heels at every turn (and she cant deal with them through force of arm, because she cant afford to be seen as an oppressive dictator like her brother)
the UFN cant rebuild itself properly with half its member nations wanting for it to not be rebuilt but rather disassembled completely
every single countries on the planet has people who think the entire notion of a unified world is a horrible concept because they believe in nationalism and dont WANT to give up their independent cultures
these problems make it impossible for the unification to actually take place

so how do you solve these problems ?
zero
a walking dispenser of credibility and public support
zero requiem was ment to not only erase the hate that preceded it, but also to create a symbol that would allow for the changes that would follow it to be accepted by the world population
and thats exactly what zero does - he champions the causes that allow for the world to draw closer and closer into unification
how does nunnaly manage to make very large reforms within britannia despite the former nobles giving her a hard time - because zero, and therefor the public, supports her
how does the UFN stay in one piece despite the fact that it has no reason to exist anymore - because zero, and therefor the public, support its continued existence
which also explains why the black knights who know that lelouch was zero and that this guy is an impostor agree to tolerate him - because he's too useful for them

Spoiler for the plot thickens:

so now you see the crux of the whole thing
zero is needed in order for the world to complete its change into a single unified "utopia"
and exposing him would COMPLETELY undo the entire thing
the people who enjoy massive public support because zero is championing their cause (nunnaly, the UFN, the OOBK) would have the public turn on them
everything lelouch died to achieve would be undone, and it would be undone in a perfectly believable way
after all, since the whole POINT of zero-requiem is that its one giant LIE
the truth would unmake it completely

in other words : the main plot of the story is a conflict between people who want to keep the lie covered up for the greater good, and people who want to expose the lie because their lives depend on it being revealed to the public
a VERY gray story

PS
@GundamFan0083
a fanfiction is probably out of the question (i'm kinda in law school, dont have time)
but if you want, i can give you the "shortened version/cliff notes"
Old 2010-01-22, 17:22   Link #768
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

There is a ton of material for a third season, considering that R2 was sloppy and created more plot holes than it closed.

1) CC is clearly not the only one of her kind. Invoking the noninterventionist Vampire/Immortal rule, drastic change makes them leap into action. There could be a legion of CC like people walking around who decide to finally take up arms against this new world order.

2) One of these CC like people could just walk up to Schneizel, make a Geass pact with him and then set him loose.

3) Peace and Utopias suck for adventures, epics, stories. "Evil" always finds a way. A bad guy falls only for a bigger, badder, more badass bad guy to take his place.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 21:50   Link #769
Badkarma 1

Once again Blade hit the nail on the head!! On a bigger picture we don't know all that much about the now free China who may want a bigger piece of the pie. Also there were a few BKs who didn't buy into Zero's ideas they could realisticly side with the geassed soliders to expose the 'new'Zero. IF Blades story were to unfold it would indeed destroy the Requiem.
As for me I could never quite buy the whole " he died to save the world and bring in the peace" idea. No,someone like Lelouch who initially was out to avenge his mother suddenly became a force for freedom to the populace and a source of revenge for those under him to just die or be killed is just ludicris! He has had the power to change the world and I don't think he'd willingly give that up. Would you? Savior or Demon you decide.
Badkarma 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 23:17   Link #770
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh KLAC this is just really getting to point of this keep on whole geass new project it like geass is like hulu (yea geass is eating our brains).

but still really so many ideas about maybe send it all to sunrise or even ask those sunrise people about new geass project.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 00:28   Link #771
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

People can bash Zero Requiem all they want, but Okouchi seemed perfectly fine with Lelouch's way of doing things, and the staff ruining the ending for those who actually liked it is highly unlikely.
Not to mention that I don't have a problem with the lying thing, as it was portrayed as acceptable even before Lelouch came up with his plan during his conversation with Charles, and anyone finding out about Geass is is far from likely.
Who should reveal it to the world? An ungeassed Schneizel, who's first priority has always been peace? Kanon, who was so very impressed by the way Schneizel put the greater good before everything else and would know he's so much closer to betraying his prince than doing him a favour?
I don't care about how unrealistic Zero Requiem is in the opinion of some people. It's not complete crack, and this is both fiction and Code Geass, which has never valued realism over sheer epicness.

I like my ending the way it is, full of hope for the better tomorrow everyone desired, but slightly open.
Old 2010-01-23, 04:22   Link #772
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
People can bash Zero Requiem all they want, but Okouchi seemed perfectly fine with Lelouch's way of doing things, and the staff ruining the ending for those who actually liked it is highly unlikely.
Not to mention that I don't have a problem with the lying thing, as it was portrayed as acceptable even before Lelouch came up with his plan during his conversation with Charles, and anyone finding out about Geass is is far from likely.
Who should reveal it to the world? An ungeassed Schneizel, who's first priority has always been peace? Kanon, who was so very impressed by the way Schneizel put the greater good before everything else and would know he's so much closer to betraying his prince than doing him a favour?
I don't care about how unrealistic Zero Requiem is in the opinion of some people. It's not complete crack, and this is both fiction and Code Geass, which has never valued realism over sheer epicness.

I like my ending the way it is, full of hope for the better tomorrow everyone desired, but slightly open.
read my post from the last page
the people who would be putting the plan at risk are the one group of people who DONT gain anything from it, and would RE-gain everything from exposing it
namely : The people who's lives lelouch and suzaku ruined to MAKE the plan
Lelouch and suzaku's VICTIMS

you can LIKE the ending all you want
but if they DO end up making a sequel to it, then the peace will HAVE to be broken on some level (if you create a story without any conflict, you will bore the audience to tears)
and if thats the case, i much rather see an enemy that would have logical, sympathetic and justified reasons for attacking zero rather the some generic "power-hungry" bad guy #35 who comes out of nowhere
after all, code geass is best when grey
Old 2010-01-23, 04:35   Link #773
Kamamoto

Send a message via ICQ to Kamamoto
Code Geass - the new Anime!!!

I have seen already the first series of the new Anime Code Geass in an Anime Night.
You have to seen it it is so cool and for example in the first serie where he will sign up the contact...
You must see it!!!
Kamamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:27   Link #774
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
read my post from the last page
the people who would be putting the plan at risk are the one group of people who DONT gain anything from it, and would RE-gain everything from exposing it
namely : The people who's lives lelouch and suzaku ruined to MAKE the plan
Lelouch and suzaku's VICTIMS
Who of them knows about Geass?
And anyway, I remember Okouchi saying he believes that Lelouch's loved ones are indeed heading towards a better future. If he immedeiately throws the world back into conflict despite his word, he might as well revive Lelouch while he's at it. In fact, I think he would have to do that, as everything else would pretty much be spitting on Lelouch's grave and greatly displease the majority of the fanbase.

Quote:
you can LIKE the ending all you want
but if they DO end up making a sequel to it, then the peace will HAVE to be broken on some level (if you create a story without any conflict, you will bore the audience to tears)
Skip a century or two?
I think there are very, very few people who want Lelouch's plan to be ruined by starting the next big war just a few years after his death. It would destroy the whole message of the ending - Lelouch is awesome, his end was at least as sad as it was happy, and Lelouch is awesome. Oh, and he and Suzaku can do anything when they work together (which is why they'd have to bring Lelouch back from the death if they ruined their achievement - Suzaku without Lelouch might as well throw in the towel if even their combined failed).

If they refuse to make the possible sequel about new characters, I'd rather they didn't do it at all. If they did it the way you want them to, they'd most likely chase away much more fans than they would make happy.

Quote:
and if thats the case, i much rather see an enemy that would have logical, sympathetic and justified reasons for attacking zero rather the some generic "power-hungry" bad guy #35 who comes out of nowhere
after all, code geass is best when grey
True, except that there can be no sympathetic villain who spits on Lelouch's tragic death. Too many people watched the show just because of him for that.
Old 2010-01-23, 12:59   Link #775
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Who of them knows about Geass?
And anyway, I remember Okouchi saying he believes that Lelouch's loved ones are indeed heading towards a better future. If he immedeiately throws the world back into conflict despite his word, he might as well revive Lelouch while he's at it. In fact, I think he would have to do that, as everything else would pretty much be spitting on Lelouch's grave and greatly displease the majority of the fanbase.
nice point
but my idea is a simple shift in the view point about what zero-requiem actually is
zero-requiem didnt "work" (past tense)
zero-requiem is "WORKING"
its still ongoing for years after lelouch's death (suzaku, as zero, is playing a key role in uniting the world into a single body)
there might still BE a better future for lelouch's loved ones once the whole process if FINISHED, and it might even be better off even before that
but until then the plan is still subject to challenges and threats

and this is exactly what this is
this isn't a big war between nations
this is a much smaller, but very dangerous challenge to the plan

it doesn't mean his plan failed (there is still "peace" between the nations of the world)
it just means that the full plan is still in progress
Lelouch's death was step 1 (eliminating the hate that resulted from the war
the rest of the plan is up to suzaku to continue, and that INCLUDES dealing with possible threats to the plan

and yes, lelouch and suzaku CAN do anything together
but since lelouch is DEAD, nothing assures us that suzaku can do it all on his own
but he's going to have to try, because if he doesn't, the plan really WILL be ruined

Quote:
True, except that there can be no sympathetic villain who spits on Lelouch's tragic death. Too many people watched the show just because of him for that.
actually there very easily can be
Lelouch destroyed a LOT of people's lives during the creation of zero-requiem (people who for all intent and purpose, were innocent)
having those same people becoming the greatest threat to his plan, because its their own hope of getting their lives back, is not only poetic and sympathetic
its also completely in character for lelouch to have his crimes come back and bitting him, and his loved ones, in the ass

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2010-01-23 at 13:17.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 17:40   Link #776
Laurcus
The black angel

I like the idea that Blade has, and the moral dillema it creates, but I also think it's missing something. If they were going to make a serious sequel to CG R2 then I would like a new villain. Not just some run of the mill bad guy either. I'm talking about someone that could play the same type of roll as Sephiroth or Aizen. Someone that when you first see him you think, oh wow what a badass.

This person would of course have to be a geass user or it just wouldn't fit. And he would of course be the one to get the ball rolling again if you know what I mean.
Old 2010-01-23, 17:54   Link #777
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
There is a ton of material for a third season, considering that R2 was sloppy and created more plot holes than it closed.

1) CC is clearly not the only one of her kind. Invoking the noninterventionist Vampire/Immortal rule, drastic change makes them leap into action. There could be a legion of CC like people walking around who decide to finally take up arms against this new world order.
Something is not right with that, ever looked into mythology, legends and religion? There's always 2 people that create an origin for something. CC and VV and similar to Adam and Eve

Let alone when they tried to activate the ruins it was mentioned by either Charles or Marianne that they needed CC as well for a 100% guarantee on Ragnarok (meaning 2 code carriers), with that they didn't say just another code carrier but CC. If there were more people like CC then why would they go all out in getting CC when they could've just grabbed another geass giver.. cause there isn't any >.<
If there were more then the plot would've been different also.. there would most likely be another person trying to change the world with geass rather than Lelouch cause the war on the world didn't start when Lelouch was born
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 18:17   Link #778
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
nice point
but my idea is a simple shift in the view point about what zero-requiem actually is
zero-requiem didnt "work" (past tense)
zero-requiem is "WORKING"
its still ongoing for years after lelouch's death (suzaku, as zero, is playing a key role in uniting the world into a single body)
there might still BE a better future for lelouch's loved ones once the whole process if FINISHED, and it might even be better off even before that
but until then the plan is still subject to challenges and threats
Mh, better, but not really... epic, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
and yes, lelouch and suzaku CAN do anything together
but since lelouch is DEAD, nothing assures us that suzaku can do it all on his own
but he's going to have to try, because if he doesn't, the plan really WILL be ruined
But if they can truly do anything together, then they can also achieve world peace the way they did, without any more huge obstacles for those left behind.
I don't see the need to use the old characters in a sequel, except maybe C.C. (and even that seems a bit problematic to me, as Lelouch will always be her one and only 'warlock').

Quote:
Lelouch destroyed a LOT of people's lives during the creation of zero-requiem (people who for all intent and purpose, were innocent)
having those same people becoming the greatest threat to his plan, because its their own hope of getting their lives back, is not only poetic and sympathetic
its also completely in character for lelouch to have his crimes come back and bitting him, and his loved ones, in the ass
But the whole point of the ending was that for once, things went Lelouch's way to the extent they usually try to make his life a living hell. I don't want to see that ruined, and if they made such a villain too sympathetic, he'd put Zero Requiem into a whole different light that would irk those who cheered for Lelouch finally not getting screwed over by The Powers That Be. But if, for soem reason, they do it that way, I hope the villain will be a woman. I can so see the non-con time travel yaoi if there's a male who is totally justified in hating Lelouch to death. xD
Old 2010-01-23, 18:24   Link #779
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
I like the idea that Blade has, and the moral dillema it creates, but I also think it's missing something. If they were going to make a serious sequel to CG R2 then I would like a new villain. Not just some run of the mill bad guy either. I'm talking about someone that could play the same type of roll as Sephiroth or Aizen. Someone that when you first see him you think, oh wow what a badass.

This person would of course have to be a geass user or it just wouldn't fit. And he would of course be the one to get the ball rolling again if you know what I mean.
actually, my idea was that the new enemy force would have 3 different main characters aside from the soldiers
i haven't got names for them

Spoiler for the main 3 villains:

so you have several people to go "wow, what a badass" for
dont worry, i'm not just setting suzkau up against mooks

Quote:
Mh, better, but not really... epic, if you know what I mean.
its not ment to be Epic
its a process that takes years, not a single event
the Epic part was lulu's death
what follows, by default, is a complicated process that takes time

Quote:
But if they can truly do anything together, then they can also achieve world peace the way they did, without any more huge obstacles for those left behind.
I don't see the need to use the old characters in a sequel, except maybe C.C. (and even that seems a bit problematic to me, as Lelouch will always be her one and only 'warlock').
the plan they came up with CAN achieve world peace
doesn't mean there wouldn't be problems on the way
and since they are not longer working together by the times the problem comes along, its no longer a valid plot point
suzaku would have to deal with it without lelouch

Quote:
But the whole point of the ending was that for once, things went Lelouch's way to the extent they usually try to make his life a living hell. I don't want to see that ruined, and if they made such a villain too sympathetic, he'd put Zero Requiem into a whole different light that would irk those who cheered for Lelouch finally not getting screwed over by The Powers That Be. But if, for soem reason, they do it that way, I hope the villain will be a woman. I can so see the non-con time travel yaoi if there's a male who is totally justified in hating Lelouch to death. xD
i would agree with you had Lelouch went the noble path and created world peace through GOOD means
THEN it woudl feel like the universe was screwing him over despite him not deserving it
but he didn't go down that path
he instead went down the dark path he had ALWAYS went down, and tried to create world peace through murder, hate and deception
and so i dont really feel bad for complicating it along the way

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2010-01-23 at 18:35.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 18:42   Link #780
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
its not ment to be Epic
its a process that takes years, not a single event
the Epic part was lulu's death
what follows, by default, is a complicated process that takes time
But Code Geass as a whole was epic, not just Lelouch's death.
Now, your villains sound interesting - if you turned that into a fanfic, I'd totally read it. But the staff seemed pretty much finished with Zero Requiem, and personally, I'd like to leave it as it is. Either that, or they really bring back Lelouch while they're at it, but that would irk me for other reasons.

Quote:
the plan they came up with CAN achieve world peace
doesn't mean there wouldn't be problems on the way
and since they are not longer working together by the times the problem comes along, its no longer a valid plot point
suzaku would have to deal with it without lelouch
Suzaku goes up against super awesome people who hate him with a passion? Well, I wish him fun.
At the very least, it would miss the "human interaction" element for me. They'd all have their reasons, but at least one side could never try to understand the other, because they already know and don't care. One of the things I liked most in Code Geass was that half the characters trying to kill each other could all just have gotten along if you twisted the circumstances or had them sit down and talk it out.

Quote:
i would agree with you had Lelouch went the noble path and created world peace through GOOD means
THEN it woudl feel like the universe was screwing him over despite him not deserving it
but he didn't go down that path
he instead went down the dark path he had ALWAYS went down, and tried to create world peace through murder, hate and deception
and so i dont really feel bad for complicating it along the way
Well, I'm pretty sure most fans would, as the staff already glorified Zero Requiem to hell and back. As a fanfic, it sounds interesting, but as a sequel... no, thanks.

Tags
drama, mecha