Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 14:49   Link #1581
ChampDream
Alive

Stalker Genos> Lord Boros
Old 2015-12-24, 18:02   Link #1582
bakato

Just noticed something in finale. During Boros' last moments, we saw that they were outdoors with no roof overhead, but as Saitama is walking away we see rubble falling. What gives?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 18:41   Link #1583
James Rye

If this ever gets a 2nd season, I will be so happy! <3
Old 2015-12-24, 19:37   Link #1584
Albel VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Just noticed something in finale. During Boros' last moments, we saw that they were outdoors with no roof overhead, but as Saitama is walking away we see rubble falling. What gives?
Their final clash distorted the ship's surface and formed a few smaller towers that were rising well above their heads. The rubble probably comes from those. You can see them during Boros' final speech.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 04:40   Link #1585
Skane
Anime Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
If this ever gets a 2nd season, I will be so happy! <3
They better. The fights get more epic.
Old 2015-12-25, 05:03   Link #1586
abc0716

Haha the latest OVA is very hilarious.

Saitama getting so upset just because a french fry went missing...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 06:04   Link #1587
ReddyRedWolf

It may be mistaken identity but that murdering asshole of a B-class criminal deserved it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 10:38   Link #1588
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Haha the latest OVA is very hilarious.

Saitama getting so upset just because a french fry went missing...
I don't know if everyone get the "reference"/joke here but:

Poor saitama he is cursed to forever stick with "small fries", not only enemies but even in food he is denied to have the "best type".

Was really funny saitama evaluating the quality of the fry as also a reference of his hero life where everyone is so "broken" and small for him, then when he get the only one big a "dangerous stalker" come and steal his "big and perfect fry", leaving again just small ones for the poor saitama

Another note was really good the reference about saitama do part-time jobs this also have in manga he does part-time jobs specially as a delivery, in order to have money for food and expensives, since he aways was a hero full time without any job or rich family to backup him, only now he started to get "money" from being a hero and even starting in a low ranking must really pay crap, only when he attain the top levels like A and S which probably he start to get "well paied" to need do less part-time jobs.
Old 2015-12-25, 11:03   Link #1589
Peanutbutter

That OVA ED. Oh dear..
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 23:28   Link #1590
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seriously, why would people disappointed with the serious punch? I thought it was pretty awesome. Simple yet effective to demonstrate the strength of the serious punch by splitting the atmosphere and cloud of the earth.

Are those people expecting something like destroying the half of the world or something when they said they were disappointed with serious punch power?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 23:58   Link #1591
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
I don't know if everyone get the "reference"/joke here but:

Poor saitama he is cursed to forever stick with "small fries", not only enemies but even in food he is denied to have the "best type".

Was really funny saitama evaluating the quality of the fry as also a reference of his hero life where everyone is so "broken" and small for him, then when he get the only one big a "dangerous stalker" come and steal his "big and perfect fry", leaving again just small ones for the poor saitama

Another note was really good the reference about saitama do part-time jobs this also have in manga he does part-time jobs specially as a delivery, in order to have money for food and expensives, since he aways was a hero full time without any job or rich family to backup him, only now he started to get "money" from being a hero and even starting in a low ranking must really pay crap, only when he attain the top levels like A and S which probably he start to get "well paied" to need do less part-time jobs.
Thanks. I didn't get that joke at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Seriously, why would people disappointed with the serious punch? I thought it was pretty awesome. Simple yet effective to demonstrate the strength of the serious punch by splitting the atmosphere and cloud of the earth.

Are those people expecting something like destroying the half of the world or something when they said they were disappointed with serious punch power?
Who's disappointed?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 03:59   Link #1592
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Who's disappointed?
Others from other forum and youtube comments
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 04:16   Link #1593
Kafriel
Senior Guest

A friend of mine said that it was too fast. It really was fast, but IMO that's the point, just like with Sea King getting pwned in a second, it shows how far and above everyone else Saitama really is.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 08:59   Link #1594
eiyuuou

Unless they were hoping for a slow motion matrix style finishing blow,
they should have expected a single punch
Old 2015-12-26, 13:45   Link #1595
Blueknight78

Quote:

Who's disappointed?
lol you can get it from his speechs about the french fries, how he get anger for the only big and good enough frie get stealed from his dish, that part was really fun, but that stalker-kun called genos .

Sometimes based on how "stalkers" are common in anime sometimes I get a weird feeling about maybe stalkers being too common in japan.
Old 2015-12-26, 14:36   Link #1596
Velsy

I thought it ended really well. I've been quite happy with the adaption, it did a pretty good job. Only thing they really messed up was the mosquito joke part which is one of my favorite parts in the manga.

I like how it ended, after his fight with Boras who actually gave Saitama a "contest" of a fight. Saitama is back to 1 punching things. I get the feeling Saitama isnt going to find another opponent as strong as that for a long time <.<

"edit" extra episode ? Theres more than 12 ? O_o

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-27, 03:21   Link #1597
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
lol you can get it from his speechs about the french fries, how he get anger for the only big and good enough frie get stealed from his dish, that part was really fun, but that stalker-kun called genos .

Sometimes based on how "stalkers" are common in anime sometimes I get a weird feeling about maybe stalkers being too common in japan.
good thing his stalker decided to pay for rent from then on and saitama can get all the fries he wants.
Old 2015-12-28, 02:37   Link #1598
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I thought it ended really well. I've been quite happy with the adaption, it did a pretty good job. Only thing they really messed up was the mosquito joke part which is one of my favorite parts in the manga.
How did they "mess that up"? It seemed pretty faithful to the manga to me. And that scene on his balcony is one of the best "non-fight" action scenes in the anime...
Old 2015-12-28, 13:27   Link #1599
Shadow5YA

Yeah, if anything, the entire mosquito segment was one of the few parts I thought was animated even better than the manga.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 06:10   Link #1600
Ushio the Omega

God damn Japan and there lousy taste how could the first blu-ray sell only 6000 copies

I hope the remaining volumes stay flat in sales if they get the normal 40%+ second volume drop we will never get a second season.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero