AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-31, 15:54   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I love you, so here's a knife in your chest and an island sized ship on top of it.
Old 2011-08-31, 16:25   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, I finally get what the point of Hodi's power-up was: to turn him into the perfect punching bag. Luffy wouldn't have been able to showcase his new abilities if Hodi had been knocked out after the very first blow. It's actually kind of refreshing to see a villain so helplessly outmatched by the good guys. It's also kinda cute to see him pretend he knows how to fight even though his mastery of fishman karate is as good as mine. He basically throws regular punches and calls it karate
Old 2011-08-31, 16:27   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's also kinda cute to see him pretend he knows how to fight even though his mastery of fishman karate is as good as mine.
You deserve all the rep in the world for that line.
Old 2011-08-31, 17:30   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha.... luffy is too stronnggg..... I'm wondering if Luffy can destroy Noah in one hit
Old 2011-08-31, 22:43   Link #25
Hellbore

Just a question. If Noah won't stop until it hits Shirahoshi, what would happen if she just swam up and touched it? Would that count as a hit?

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Old 2011-08-31, 23:53   Link #26
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 637
That was a good chapter. Zoro is a lot like Mihawk. He is not easily surprised by things anymore. If given the green light I think Zoro could slice the ship in half. Luffy’s usage of armor haki is impressive. Any part of his body he can reinforce with Armor Haki. His style of fighting is pretty cool. His usage of mantra is pretty cool. Luffy use to take hits but now he a more efficient fighter. It funny, the only way Hodi going to hit Luffy is if Luffy lets him.

Easier Path Sorry for the repeat didn't read the post above.
I don’t understand why Shirahoshi did not just go up to the ship and touch it? I could understand if it were a weapon, but this is a big ship. She could have snuck around and led the ship away from the bubble. Once the ship was not over the city then touched it. That would have undone the Devil Fruit affect on the ship. She could have even brought one of the Straw Hats for protection too. Instead she goes beyond the barrier and confronts Decken in long range which is his specialty. Her intentions are good but she is not thinking and she is a liability. Now there is a huge chance that ship may get damaged in a bigger fight.

Three Way Match
Luffy is not having a hard time fighting, but if he can get Decken to touch Hodi with both hands then that will make the fight all that easier. Decken would be an asset to Luffy in the fight or completely neutralize him as a affective fighter.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-09-01 at 01:25. Reason: Sorry for the repeat didn't read the post above.
Old 2011-09-01, 00:38   Link #27
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Just a question. If Noah won't stop until it hits Shirahoshi, what would happen if she just swam up and touched it? Would that count as a hit?

That is actually an interesting point. Technically Decken's power is that the right hand "Mark" will find the left hand "Target" (or is that vice versa? I forgot) So I guess that would work. But then Noah would lose its DF power and just plummet to the island, which wouldn't solve anything....
Old 2011-09-01, 00:42   Link #28
zaner

Did anyone else Notice Oda trying to even the fight by putting a Fishman in water agnest someone who can't go in water... That's one of the reasons Hody was getting his butt kicked, Its going to be a fight of a Fishmen in his element vs a Devil Fruit user. This was the smartest thing Hody has done so far...
Old 2011-09-01, 01:57   Link #29
ronin myael
lost ronin

love seeing luffy use all 3 types of haki. i can't wait to see him fight against a formidable logia user.
Old 2011-09-01, 02:26   Link #30
Shingai-san

Me too. I want to see him fight Akainu. And kick his ass. I can see it now.

Ararararagi
Old 2011-09-01, 10:33   Link #31
marvelB

^Yes, I believe just about all of us are looking forward to Luffy's inevitable showdown with admiral Clifford Akainu. However, I wouldn't count on the actual fight to happen for about a decade, more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner View Post
Did anyone else Notice Oda trying to even the fight by putting a Fishman in water agnest someone who can't go in water... That's one of the reasons Hody was getting his butt kicked, Its going to be a fight of a Fishmen in his element vs a Devil Fruit user. This was the smartest thing Hody has done so far...

Yeah, this was brought up already. It certainly would be more advantageous for Hody to take the fight outside the safety of the giant bubble, though he'll also have to do something about the coral Jinbei gave to Luffy first, lest he remain a glorified punching bag....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That is actually an interesting point. Technically Decken's power is that the right hand "Mark" will find the left hand "Target" (or is that vice versa? I forgot)

No, Decken can target anyone with either hand, but he's just careful to not touch anyone with his right hand since that would switch the target from being Shira to someone else. Recall that he even took the caution to wear gloves when shaking hands with Hody when they formed their alliance.

As far as the idea of Shira merely touching Noah to stop it goes..... I dunno. I guess it might work, though I don't really think it would do much good since Decken can merely "throw" Noah at her again if she stops it. No, the best way to deal with the ark would be to either destroy it or at least take out Decken first to prevent him from throwing it at any more targets.....
Old 2011-09-01, 13:15   Link #32
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I don't see why it would take them Luffy that long to meet with Admiral Akainu. If you look at the whole story. The Straw Hats met Mihawk before they even got Sanji, they battled Ackoiji before Water 7, they saw Kuma at Moria's place, then they fought against Kizaru at Sabaody. Granted they got there ass handed to them but none the less they saw them and even fought them. Luffy saw many of the top fighters during the Marine Ford war too. This whole arch that Oda has going now is basically displaying the Straw Hats powers. I won't be surprised if there will be a Powerful person waiting for them at the end of this Arch. This Arch has been good but the challenge for the Straw Hats have been poor. For Oda to make this arch a challenge for the Straw Hats he might have to bring in powerful player.

Possible encounters with Power House
There is two chances to encounter powerful players. One at the end Luffy might fight Big Mama for destroying the Island and the Candy Factory (Which he did not destroy). Then you also have the Reverie. The Marines know that Luffy and his crew have reunited at Sabaody. There next destination is Fisherman Island. This is also the same time the Migration and the Reverie might happen or is going to happen. If the Straw Hats for some reason get swept up in this Fisherman's event I won't be surprised if there is a Admiral Waiting for them at the Reverie. The Reverie is a WG event. With the big events like this it would be reasonable for the Marines to possibly anticipate an encounter with the Straw Hats.
Old 2011-09-01, 14:00   Link #33
Shingai-san

I don't think that the Straw Hats would go as far as interrupting the Reverie, because that would damage Fishman interests as well. During the Reverie it can be assumed that some type of agreement will be reached which will allow the FM to live in peace with humans( and on the actual surface.) I doubt Jinbei would like it very much if they were to ruin that. But who knows. They might.

Ararararagi
Old 2011-09-01, 14:21   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
I don't see why it would take them Luffy that long to meet with Admiral Akainu. If you look at the whole story.

Story flow is exactly what I'm talking about here. Akainu is more of an endgame-type of opponent than anything, so it makes sense that he would be encountered at a later point in the New World. And even if Luffy were to meet him earlier than that, there's no guarantee that they'd have more than a brief scuffle that would act as more of a "preview" of sorts to their final encounter (you'll recall me saying that I still don't believe the current Luffy is strong enough to beat an admiral or Yonkou, despite how much stronger he became during the skip).

And furthermore, remember that Oda originally intended for the series to end in five years' time. The reason it ended up becoming so much longer than he anticipated was because he kept building up lots of major plot points as he went along (the void century, the truth about how the WG was established, the history of discrimination against merpeople, Vegapunk, will of "D", etc.). Even the current storyline revealed new mysteries that will need further elaboration eventually (Joy Boy, Noah, the Van der Decken legacy). And who knows how many more loose ends will be revealed to us once Luffy and co. reach the NW? That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if it'll take another ten years before Luffy avenges his fallen brother.....

Oh, and another thing:

Quote:
Then you also have the Reverie. The Marines know that Luffy and his crew have reunited at Sabaody. There next destination is Fisherman Island. This is also the same time the Migration and the Reverie might happen or is going to happen. If the Straw Hats for some reason get swept up in this Fisherman's event I won't be surprised if there is a Admiral Waiting for them at the Reverie. The Reverie is a WG event. With the big events like this it would be reasonable for the Marines to possibly anticipate an encounter with the Straw Hats.

Now, I could see the Straw-Hats traveling to Mariejoa if that were Hody's initial plan. True, he did reveal that he wanted to invade the Reverie and slay the kings there, but the problem is that he planned to do that after he was successful in his coup and killed the king. As we know, he wasn't, so there's really no reason for Luffy and co. to journey to the holy land at this point. And similar to my earlier reasoning with Akainu, it just plain wouldn't make sense to have the Straw-Hats go to the heart of the WG now when they haven't even reached the NW yet. If anything, Mariejoa is very likely to be the final stage for the series where that last climactic war from Whitebeard's prophecy will take place.......

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-09-01 at 14:33.
Old 2011-09-01, 16:30   Link #35
Homura7

^Exactly my thougths. I've always believed that Mariejois will be the place where the final battle will happen, and maybe, just maybe, the new Melfork Island will be erected there.
Old 2011-09-01, 17:20   Link #36
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

No, Decken can target anyone with either hand, but he's just careful to not touch anyone with his right hand since that would switch the target from being Shira to someone else. Recall that he even took the caution to wear gloves when shaking hands with Hody when they formed their alliance.

exactly, which means that his left hand is the only hand that he can "mark" the second object and cause it to attract toward the first object, that was what I'm trying to get. His ability was a targeting system that works in pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

As far as the idea of Shira merely touching Noah to stop it goes..... I dunno. I guess it might work, though I don't really think it would do much good since Decken can merely "throw" Noah at her again if she stops it. No, the best way to deal with the ark would be to either destroy it or at least take out Decken first to prevent him from throwing it at any more targets.....
Or in a pure comedic way, have his right hand touch himself (or someone else), thus switch Shirahoshi off as target.

That reminds me, Decken fight might not be as interesting if he stubbornly keep his target on Shirahoshi.

Quote:
^
I don't see why it would take them Luffy that long to meet with Admiral Akainu. If you look at the whole story. The Straw Hats met Mihawk before they even got Sanji, they battled Ackoiji before Water 7, they saw Kuma at Moria's place, then they fought against Kizaru at Sabaody. Granted they got there ass handed to them but none the less they saw them and even fought them. Luffy saw many of the top fighters during the Marine Ford war too. This whole arch that Oda has going now is basically displaying the Straw Hats powers. I won't be surprised if there will be a Powerful person waiting for them at the end of this Arch. This Arch has been good but the challenge for the Straw Hats have been poor. For Oda to make this arch a challenge for the Straw Hats he might have to bring in powerful player.

Completely agree with Marvelb here, that Akainu it poised to be the boss toward the end game than right now. If Luffy meet him right now it will almost gurantee with Luffy and SH. losing the fight, which I can't see at thie point. Not to mention we still don't know who is the Fleet Admiral right now, granted Sengoku recommended Aoikiji, but Akainu is more suited for their current way of operation not to mention the morale and trust issue.

And there is huge difference between Akainu and Mihawk or Kuma. Neither Mihawk or Kuma at time really wishes to kill them and both has some personal relation to Luffy. If Akainu meats up with Luffy, he won't stop until Luffy dead or he himself was incapacitated and neither scenario is feasible right now.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-09-01 at 17:33.
Old 2011-09-01, 20:23   Link #37
Shingai-san

I don't know. We still haven't seen the full extent of Luffys capabilities. He just might be able to beat Akainu as he currently stands.

Also about Shanks. How is he a Yonkou? I've always wondered that. Sure he is hellapowerful, but it appears he is a swordsman. Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world. Which means he isn't as strong as Mihawk, he would have the title if he were. There has been said to be a balance between the Shichibukai, Marines, and Yonkou. 7 Shichi, 3 Admirals, and 4 Yonkou. I'll type more later. Busy.

Ararararagi
Old 2011-09-01, 21:02   Link #38
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

^This bullcrap again...listen, just because we've seen Shanks use a sword once or twice, it doesn't mean he's a swordsman...
Old 2011-09-01, 21:22   Link #39
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
^This bullcrap again...listen, just because we've seen Shanks use a sword once or twice, it doesn't mean he's a swordsman...
but it's true. he is a swordsman. why would mihawke even waste time sparring with him if he wasn't? mihawke is not interested in weaklings. it wasn't until shanks lost his other arm that mihawke stopped doing that. but they used to spar and it was implied that shanks could hold up his own against mihawke.

Quote:
Story flow is exactly what I'm talking about here. Akainu is more of an endgame-type of opponent than anything, so it makes sense that he would be encountered at a later point in the New World. And even if Luffy were to meet him earlier than that, there's no guarantee that they'd have more than a brief scuffle that would act as more of a "preview" of sorts to their final encounter (you'll recall me saying that I still don't believe the current Luffy is strong enough to beat an admiral or Yonkou, despite how much stronger he became during the skip).
i agree. akainu should be reserved for later. luffy's battle with him is going to be emotional to say the least, it deserves a grand stage and ample dramatic build up.
Old 2011-09-01, 21:37   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Also about Shanks. How is he a Yonkou? I've always wondered that. Sure he is hellapowerful, but it appears he is a swordsman. Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world. Which means he isn't as strong as Mihawk, he would have the title if he were. There has been said to be a balance between the Shichibukai, Marines, and Yonkou. 7 Shichi, 3 Admirals, and 4 Yonkou. I'll type more later. Busy.
A Yonkou's power is not only based upon himself, but also his crew.

Mihawk has no crew.

And a shichibukai is not necessarily less powerful than a Yonkou anyway. Isn't the YOnkou described as 'the four greatest pirates who rule the New World like Emperors'? There is nothing in the description that states that they are the four most powerful pirates in the world at all. And a shichibukai is arguably not even a pirate.. just a privateer.