AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 06
10: Amazing... 3 4.62%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 4 6.15%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 16.92%
7 out of 10: Good... 16 24.62%
6 out of 10: Average... 14 21.54%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 7 10.77%
4 out of 10: Poor... 5 7.69%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.54%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 3.08%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-14, 11:27   Link #81
klare

this eps is such a mess, definitely the worst of the first 6 eps

apart from the bad script, the character designs of the new characters like the Don, Riria and her dad are bad too

is Flit using that key given by his mother as a communication device aka mobile phone?
Old 2011-11-14, 11:30   Link #82
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
is Flit using that key given by his mother as a communication device aka mobile phone?
Yes, he is. Map too.

Don't see any problem with it though. Supposedly it contains the specs for the Gundam so it doing other things too doesn't come as a surprise.
Old 2011-11-14, 11:42   Link #83
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Yes, he is. Map too.

Don't see any problem with it though. Supposedly it contains the specs for the Gundam so it doing other things too doesn't come as a surprise.
yup it makes sense to have advance devices like that in space colony era, just wanna make sure it is what i think it is

forgot to mention i am interested in what Woolf mentioned about getting a weapon that is more powerful than Gundam's
Old 2011-11-14, 11:52   Link #84
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ok, the good thing about this episode: A worldveiw is somewhat established as we learn of the remnants of the old fighting faction...This is the first time the show went out of it's way to set anything up that competently gives you an understanding of what anything means in this universe (The flashback by Grodek aswell)...

Aside from that, the episode is pretty poor...The animation, for episode 6 of a new Gundam show was abyssal...It got downright old Naruto filler comical in instances, especially with how the guest characters were drawn....There's one scene in particular where the guy jumps outta his worker MS and his body is drawn so disproportionately it's stunning...

A second aspect that was very telling was the fight choreography...I'll just ignore the financial WTFness of creating a metal wallway that just pops up everytime there is a fight, but once the fight takes place? It's just dudes standing in a hall shooting at each other arbitrary and randomly...There seemed to be no point at all to the battles, no direction or sense of engagment...Were they fighting over territory, some impeding situation that required battle? Let's just walk down the street and start gang banging in our Zakus...I know what the flashback said they were supposed to be fighting for, but the battlescene didn't highlight any of that...

I could go on, Dr. Robotnik just cruising the city with the Gundam in his futuristic El Camino ready to deploy it to Flit in a situation lacking 1 shred of protocol...But this is all nitpicking i guess...I'm suppose to just brush all this aside...

This show has got to get better than this...Only thing saving it from being less than a 5 was setting up some backstory which wasn't great, but it was something...
Old 2011-11-14, 12:32   Link #85
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
There seemed to be no point at all to the battles
Well they pretty explicitly labled it like that as they were getting in the car during the battle. So that shouldn't come as a surprise. I forget how they put it but it was something like "it's nothing special, just ignore it" or something.

Quote:
I know what the flashback said they were supposed to be fighting for, but the battlescene didn't highlight any of that.
I doubt we know what exactly is going on there. For all we know that might just be an act to keep the two factions satisfied blood is being shed.

Quote:
I could go on, Doctor Eggman just cruising the city with the Gundam in his futuristic El Camino ready to deploy it to Flit in a situation lacking 1 shred of protocol...But this is all nitpicking i guess...I'm suppose to just brush all this aside...
Fix'ed
Old 2011-11-14, 12:49   Link #86
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix
I doubt we know what exactly is going on there. For all we know that might just be an act to keep the two factions satisfied blood is being shed
What blood? It was a completely arbitrary effort that targeted nothing and no one...You'd literally have to crawl out of an open window with a Haro and run into the streets to die in that squabble...Oh wait that happened^^...

Quote:
"it's nothing special, just ignore it" or something.
But wouldn't you have to ignore it, if 200 feet walls popped up everytime some grunts wanted to play Call Of Duty AGE-Edition in the streets everyday on beginner level? Like I said, I get what the flashbacks were saying about the ongoing conflict between the two remnants, but the execution of that battle personified nothing that meant anything...I won't harp on it, we all saw it, even Eggman...
Old 2011-11-14, 13:08   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm not arguing it's not related, just that the flashbacks are likely just the backstory to the whole thing and not what's actually going on. I mean it's way too conveniently non-leathal to be just some production problem. I say it's intentional.
Old 2011-11-14, 14:02   Link #88
GundamFan

Quote:
What blood? It was a completely arbitrary effort that targeted nothing and no one...You'd literally have to crawl out of an open window with a Haro and run into the streets to die in that squabble...Oh wait that happened^^...
I'm sure there are plenty more fatalities look at what happened to Flit and Emily at the start sure they have sirens and those metal shutters but that doesn't do you alot good since they don't seem to tell new arrivals that the sirens mean a live version of Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front is about to start head for cover.

Quote:
But wouldn't you have to ignore it, if 200 feet walls popped up everytime some grunts wanted to play Call Of Duty AGE-Edition in the streets everyday on beginner level? Like I said, I get what the flashbacks were saying about the ongoing conflict between the two remnants, but the execution of that battle personified nothing that meant anything...I won't harp on it, we all saw it, even Eggman...
I agree it seemed like kind of akward way to go about giving us the information we need personally I think it might have worked better if they're was decimated area inbetween were the 2 factions were based at in the colony. That mght have worked better then everything at street level being urban developed for constant grunt ms battles.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 14:25   Link #89
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

apart from the bad script, the character designs of the new characters like the Don, Riria and her dad are bad too

Yeah I figured people would be complaining about those designs cause they look like something out of G Gundam. Man I remember when people were complaining about Gundam character designs looking to plain, then it was about Gundam character designs looking too bishounen or busty, now it's about designs looking too exotic and wacky.

The key is to activate the Gundam itself, but it seems to do various other things as well like maintain data.

Also what was wrong with the script. Again by all means critics feel free to go into some detail like wingdarkness at least has the courtesy to do. He may constantly go off track and ultimately ends up proving nothing week after week, but at least he's giving some effort to prove something or other to the peanut gallery instead of going, "yup...it sucks cause it sucks", which is basically what this amounts to.

Quote:
Ok, the good thing about this episode: A worldveiw is somewhat established as we learn of the remnants of the old fighting faction...This is the first time the show went out of it's way to set anything up that competently gives you an understanding of what anything means in this universe (The flashback by Grodek aswell)...
No not really. It's been filling in details and what not since about episode 01, but also had to focus on the individual stories and character arcs during the invasion of Nora too. If your expecting a huge info dump that just explains everything that's going on in full detail 6 episodes in then I don't think ANY Gundam show has ever managed to give that. 50 episode series are funny that way in which they develop their story, canon and characters over a long period of time. Of course if you're the sort that needs everything up front than you're going to run into plenty of problems.

Quote:
Aside from that, the episode is pretty poor...The animation, for episode 6 of a new Gundam show was abyssal...It got downright old Naruto filler comical in instances, especially with how the guest characters were drawn....There's one scene in particular where the guy jumps outta his worker MS and his body is drawn so disproportionately it's stunning...
Yeah the animation has been average at best the past couple of episodes, but in Iwark's case I think that's just the way his design actually looks. Massive limbs and kind of an average build. Believe it or not there are people that actually kind of do look like this, usually people that spend hours of the day at a gym lifting weights.

Quote:
A second aspect that was very telling was the fight choreography...I'll just ignore the financial WTFness of creating a metal wallway that just pops up everytime there is a fight, but once the fight takes place? It's just dudes standing in a hall shooting at each other arbitrary and randomly...There seemed to be no point at all to the battles, no direction or sense of engagment...Were they fighting over territory, some impeding situation that required battle? Let's just walk down the street and start gang banging in our Zakus...I know what the flashback said they were supposed to be fighting for, but the battlescene didn't highlight any of that...
lol financial WTFness? I can already tell you're thinking way too hard about this. I'll repeat, this is NOT U.C Gundam, it's closest probable comparison is G Gundam where sometimes things are just kind of crazy cause it's meant to be a little fun and lighthearted. I'm kind of watching this in the frame of mind I would be watching either G Gundam or Gaogaigar in as opposed to the U.C mindset and so far it's paying all kinds of dividends in terms of my enjoyment of the show. Were I watching this expecting everything to be like U.C I'd almost certainly be more disappointed than anybody else here that's criticized the show though, want to make that point clear.

As for the fight, I already explained this, but it seems nobody is listening and/or they just don't give a shit about the actual story and just want things their way (this just made my point that much stronger by the way). The fight was pointless and soulless cause that was the point. It's clearly just these two factions going through the motions without a care in the world, fighting a war that they've long since forgotten the reasons for why it started. It's kind of like how some of the battles in LOGH were portrayed when it was still the idiot commanders of the Empire and FPA. No imagination, just lining up and slugging it out and then retreating when one side takes too much damage. It's a really stupid way of engaging in battle...and that's the whole point. Also it's hard to highlight what a group is fighting for in the presence when they've JUST been introduced and we haven't in met there leaders. Don't you think something like that might be coming up?

Quote:
I could go on, Dr. Robotnik just cruising the city with the Gundam in his futuristic El Camino ready to deploy it to Flit in a situation lacking 1 shred of protocol...But this is all nitpicking i guess...I'm suppose to just brush all this aside...
Well to be fair I've already given a little criticism towards Milles Aloi's character since she's supposed to be in charge of keeping an eye on Mobile Suit usage and has so far failed quite miserably and nobody seems to care. That did bother me quite a bit and it does seem like she should actually be doing her job somewhat so I think it's fair to criticize an oversight like that. As for Vargas, eh, I thought the whole scene with him responding and pulling up with the Gundam was kind of amusing. Not quite Gundam busting out of the statue of liberty amusing, but pretty amusing.

Quote:
This show has got to get better than this...Only thing saving it from being less than a 5 was setting up some backstory which wasn't great, but it was something...
That's the spirit! You tell this show and you give it that rating you think it deserves and make it count! Go get em' Tiger!

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-11-14 at 14:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 15:02   Link #90
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@ OfficerSama -LOL, dude I am like thisclose to going wingdarkness circa 2005 on you....You just don't even understand...

I'm like at a 3 right now Jesus Skywalker^^...

Here we go again having a Gundam discussion in a Gundam thread about Gundam...No one pi$$ed off at each other...One person thought the ep was wak having a good discussion with someone who liked the ep, and here you come again...Above the fray, above the peanut gallery seeing deeper things inside of a grade-schoolers' crayola box..."Oh that's not orange sweetie, that's apricot..."Your consistency is almost as frightening as it is blandly repetitive...

Let me tell you what klare said:

Quote:
Spoiler for meaning:

Quote:
Spoiler for Meaning:

Quote:
Spoiler for Meaning:

Ugh, you edited and wrote your standard wall of text...Wasn't ready for that, guess I should have been...

Processing...
Old 2011-11-14, 15:10   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
@ OfficerSama -LOL, dude I am like thisclose to going wingdarkness circa 2005 on you....You just don't even understand...

I'm like at a 3 right now Jesus Skywalker^^...
Does that mean all the text goes red?

Quote:
Here we go again having a Gundam discussion in a Gundam thread about Gundam...No one pi$$ed off at each other...One person thought the ep was wak having a good discussion with someone who liked the ep, and here you come again...Above the fray, above the peanut gallery seeing deeper things inside of a grade-schoolers' crayola box..."Oh that's not orange sweetie, that's apricot..."Your consistency is almost as frightening as it is blandly repetitive...
Nope, not deeper things, just trying to view things rationally and for how they are presented as opposed to how I would like to see them presented if the show were to be more adult-oriented....which it isn't. Also viewing things through a mindset that isn't predisposed towards simply finding things to gripe about. Granted I could do that too just as easily as anyone else, but I don't really see the point since it's been done already and I don't think that sort of thing makes for interesting threads or discussions. Would rather just try to provide another perspective, one that attempts to clear things up rather than to throw more wood on the fire that is the Gundam RAGE experience 2K11.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:27   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^You're the type to see a splinter in your finger as an Oaktree...

I've read maybe 4 bad reviews in here and about 20 good reviews, WTFGTFO...

Quote:
As for the fight, I already explained this, but it seems nobody is listening and/or they just don't give a shit about the actual story and just want things their way (this just made my point that much stronger by the way).
God I hate to even explain this to grown man...I am a smart human being capable of my own thoughts that are unique to me as an individual...I didn't see the balled-up black socks you're trying to pass off as roast beef...I saw what I saw, and had I seen it differently I would have said that...I don't fap to your blog before watching these episodes...I'm not watching these episodes in a U.C. A.U. or whatever mindset...You are totally offbase here...

When I see MS's doofusly shooting one another with no fight choreography whatsoever, that's what I see...I could nerf myself like you are doing and give credit for seeing bright colors move in a fluid pattern, but I'm not built that way...What I've been saying from the start is that even understanding that AGE is essentially a kid's show that it is failing in many areas in storytelling and depth of plot...

As it relates to the small fight that we witnessed, the backdrop of the waring remnants wasn't enhanced at all by the seemingly obligatory nature of the battle taking place...The fact that Don reveals this to the audience then goes out to battle these remnants tells me they wanted these two items to co-relate...They didn't achieve it very well, and that has nothing to do with any other G-show, that's just a simple plotting point...

This show is one-note in nature so far, even for a kid's show...If that keeps the Gundam rAGE 2k11 on melting nips level(Which only exists in your mind from week-to-week in every animesuki thread you post in), what I supplied is but a woodchip...
Old 2011-11-14, 15:37   Link #93
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Obviously, Emily's behavior is to push for Flit x Yurin (Where the hell are you?)

In all seriousness, this was a good episode. Emily actually went to Flit about it instead of going behind his back and got frustrated because Flit's not a pushover. She'll have to learn eventually; maybe the next parts will make her understand what Flit is about. It's the only way for her to progress.

I'm not too fond of the dad charging in a blind rage part (really now?) but the part with the UE is very interesting. Apparently they're not too interested in causing wanton destruction, and the omnious bearded guy seems to take great interest like he knows what's going on.

So Flit gets cornered by the UE, and they just leave. But he gets blamed for the destruction by the thugs that have been fighting this senseless war. A bit hypocritical are they? Well... will Age have any tricks up their sleeves that won't result in random destruction or will he just end up having to give up here? Flit will probably end up getting captured and they're gonna have to find a way to get the Gundam back.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 15:47   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
\

God I hate to even explain this to grown man...I am a smart human being capable of my own thoughts that are unique to me as an individual...I didn't see the balled-up black socks you're trying to pass off as roast beef...I saw what I saw, and had I seen it differently I would have said that...I don't fap to your blog before watching these episodes...I'm not watching these episodes in a U.C. A.U. or whatever mindset...You are totally offbase here...
Well then what mindset are you watching it in? Also I don't blog anymore so you'd have nothing to fap to anyway.

Quote:
When I see MS's doofusly shooting one another with no fight choreography whatsoever, that's what I see...I could nerf myself like you are doing and give credit for seeing bright colors move in a fluid pattern, but I'm not built that way...What I've been saying from the start is that even understanding that AGE is essentially a kid's show that it is failing in many areas in storytelling and depth of plot...
Why would you need fight choreography for a group of grounded grunt mobile suits fighting in tight quarters inside a colony while merely going through the soulless motions of a long since pointless fight with the other faction? There's zero passion and purpose to the fight, showing fancy choreography would just muddle the message. I'm trying to grasp why people don't seem understand the nature of this fight and why it was portrayed the way it was.

Also I'm really not nerfing myself here at all, I just don't see going into a show with the intent to enjoy it and finding plenty to enjoy and be interested in in a developing story to be a bad thing, but maybe I'm just completely out of touch with todays Gundam fandoms ways of doing things huh?

Seriously though since when was actually enjoying a Gundam show a bad thing? Have things really gotten to this level of absurdity on the internet

Also I'm not even giving credit, I'm just explaining why there was no fight choreagraphy, but I don't think people are capable of understanding in this case cause they've developed severe tunnel vision where the context of the story just doesn't even matter anymore. It's just the autobad and "goddamit why isn't it like this instead?!"

Quote:
As it relates to the small fight that we witnessed, the backdrop of the waring remnants wasn't enhanced at all by the seemingly obligatory nature of the battle taking place...The fact that Don reveals this to the audience then goes out to battle these remnants tells me they wanted these two items to co-relate...They didn't achieve it very well, and that has nothing to do with any other G-show, that's just a simple plotting point...
Yeah and that would be again as I keep trying to explain because we haven't actually been formally introduced to the factions yet, we've just gotten a very little amount of back story from one incidental character who has also just been introduced. Just because they haven't immediately handled Zalam and Euba's story in a single episode doesn't automatically mean they've forever screwed up the story and are just completely incompetent writers or whatever point it is you are trying to make about this emerging plotline here.

Do I need to explain what an arc in progress is supposed to mean to people? I really don't want to have to do this, but I will if it's as necessary as it's starting to seem here.

Quote:
This show is one-note in nature so far, even for a kid's show...If that keeps the Gundam rAGE 2k11 on melting nips level(Which only exists in your mind from week-to-week in every animesuki thread you post in), what I supplied is but a woodchip...
I completely disagree, it's had plenty of different types of plotlines, tones and character arcs set up so far. We've so far had 2 revenge motives, a fraying frienship, themes of war versus peace and when wars should be fought and for what reasons, mysterious adversaries with as yet uncertain motives, war profiteering, insubordination, corruption, lightheartedness, dealing with loss of a loved one, conspiracies, an ace pilot looking to prove his ability and not get left behind, plans to attack a base being made, ambushes, shady back room deals that could easily bite some people in the ass, mysterious as yet unclarified powers.....and that's just for what's been emerging 6 episodes into what looks to be a 50 episode series.

There's actually quite a bit going on with this show right now and again we're right smack in the middle of it all, so I'm in the position right now of kicking back and anticipating joining the ride. If none of these things strike your fancy then so be it, but I'm plenty curious to see where they go with it.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:50   Link #95
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
As for Vargas, eh, I thought the whole scene with him responding and pulling up with the Gundam was kind of amusing. Not quite Gundam busting out of the statue of liberty amusing, but pretty amusing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who giggled at that.

Quote:
That's the spirit! You tell this show and you give it that rating you think it deserves and make it count! Go get em' Tiger!
I just noticed this, but the poll is actually anonymous? Was this intentional?

Well, seems like for all the hate in the threads, overall people don't really give much of a damn +28 / -30 seems fairly good considering not much of anything happened. (I'd vote just for the hell of it and help make it positive but non-public polls are way too stupid)

Quote:
Nope, not deeper things, just trying to view things rationally and for how they are presented as opposed to how I would like to see them presented if the show were to be more adult-oriented....which it isn't. Also viewing things through a mindset that isn't predisposed towards simply finding things to gripe about. Granted I could do that too just as easily as anyone else, but I don't really see the point since it's been done already and I don't think that sort of thing makes for interesting threads or discussions. Would rather just try to provide another perspective, one that attempts to clear things up rather than to throw more wood on the fire that is the Gundam RAGE experience 2K11.
Hm. Actually that's interesting. I don't recall ever going into crytic mode for a show I liked. Let's see...
How did Flint and Emily end up in the city when last time when flint was out he needed to use his tri-scooter thing to get around and the city was nowhere in sight.

Why didn't Emily just go lock herself in her room?

Why do the gundams on the station seem to be made for terestrial gravity? Wouldn't that mean that all they had to do was to turn off the gravity to have them turn into a duck shooting gallery? Sounds like a pretty useless model to have anywhere in a space era.

Why are UE mechs able to just walce in everywhere in plain sight uncloaked, yet still unoticed. The buildings weren't exact that tall, and the entire thing was televasized or was that some private line? Well all the civies were inside so I guess it was plausible.

Just how does the chain of command work that one commander in the orbital station can just shove all the nonsense regarding the Diva under the rug.

Why did that man just go to the surface and open the hatch? He obviously could hear the mechs fighting... What's the point?

I find it hard to believe metal actualy sells in a minituare planet made out of metal within a city who can afford to plate it's entire buildings in the stuff too. It's like selling snowballs to snowman. That little girl must be one hell of a hustler.

Vegas must have mad driving skills to be able to drive what's essentioally a 4 story building though those narrow streets. Let's just pretend it was all just a striaght line to Flint, but can you imagine the sick moves when he would do an overtake?

How exactly do you ban technology. The level of backstepping is just unbelievable. It's almost like they banned the light bolb.

Just how does the gravity system work on the station. In some scenes it seems like they are in 0g while in others it looks like they can just walk around freely. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong and getting confused by them eating 0g food in normal gravity.
Well, it's really hard to find anything worthwhile to critique when I actually like the show it seems.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:57   Link #96
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

On the subject of the factions fighting:

I guess it was kinda weird that Emily could so easily run into what is considered a war zone when nobody told them about it.

It seems like the best way to explain this is that Emily effectively ran into the bad part of town (The Federation won't handle this issue) and this part is effectively overrun by gang warfare.

I see these guys as essentially thugs, regardless of what faction they call themselves as. They're aren't very skilled, but they use number and force in a pissing contest with the other side, terrorizing everyone involved. But note they are effectively cowards; they only use intimidation tactics and are too afraid to actually go through with the implications of "war". Instead they just fire at each haphazardly, scaring the crap out of each other and bystanders to prove their "superiority". They're not soldiers or warriors-- so I call them thugs. They must have some kind of connections, since they are able to acquire some mechs to do fighting. It's basically a large scale turf war. And when fights do actual damage ... everyone ends up freaking out. It went too far.

In a world where mechas are commonly used as weapons, this really isn't that out of place. In fact, can you name any period of time where wars and skirmishes weren't the norm? In the less stable places with less order, any group of assholes that can get their hands on some junk mechs would be doing this shit, simply because they can.

So the only real issue is that the crew of the Diva needs to really tell people where to avoid.

And they really need to keep track of their Gundams. :S

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-14, 16:12   Link #97
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I guess it was kinda weird that Emily could so easily run into what is considered a war zone when nobody told them about it.
No actually that's not that strange since before the gundam came and the great walls of steel were raised there were plenty of civies running around. It's not like she ran into an open battlefield. It wasn't a poor area either (all the poor living underground).

Quote:
In a world where mechas are commonly used as weapons, this really isn't that out of place. In fact, can you name any period of time where wars and skirmishes weren't the norm? In the less stable places with less order, any group of assholes that can get their hands on some junk mechs would be doing this shit, simply because they can.
Additionally if Woolfs segment is any indication just about everyone being able to own a mech isn't that strange in the AGE universe.

Quote:
And they really need to keep track of their Gundams. :S
I believe the others are only "mobile suits" and only Flint's is actually refered to as a Gundam.
Old 2011-11-14, 16:16   Link #98
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
No actually that's not that strange since before the gundam came and the great walls of steel were raised there were plenty of civies running around. It's not like she ran into an open battlefield. It wasn't a poor area either (all the poor living underground).
If an area was known to have spontaneous mecha fights. I would have like to have received some kind of prior warning. It's slightly forgiven due to the fact that Emily's merely a silly kid. But still. They constructed massive fortifications for this. This is not a good area! It is a war zone!

Quote:
Additionally if Woolfs segment is any indication just about everyone being able to own a mech isn't that strange in the AGE universe.
Yep, and thus assholes will get their hands on some nasty mechs due to underhanded methods. And thus nasty wars will ensue.

Quote:
I believe the others are only "mobile suits" and only Flint's is actually refered to as a Gundam.
Well, the "Gundam" in this series and many others have been proven to be most likely to get stolen.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-14, 16:46   Link #99
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
If an area was known to have spontaneous mecha fights. I would have like to have received some kind of prior warning. It's slightly forgiven due to the fact that Emily's merely a silly kid. But still. They constructed massive fortifications for this. This is not a good area! It is a war zone!
You're making the assumtions those fortifications are only in that are. Personally I imagined them as a city wide feature from the war days and not specifically built for the nutters we saw in the episode. It would be pretty silly and inneficient if it was built with them in mind. Though I would LOL if they explain it as that later on.

Quote:
Well, the "Gundam" in this series and many others have been proven to be most likely to get stolen.
It's not just this series.
Spoiler for SEED & 00:
Old 2011-11-14, 16:48   Link #100
monster

Quote:
How exactly do you ban technology. The level of backstepping is just unbelievable. It's almost like they banned the light bolb.
It's probably quite easy when the technology you speak of involves giant robots that were mainly used by the military. You simply forbid the military to make use of them and for weapons manufacturer to build them.

As for the private sector, most people (at least initially) probably can't afford to have one. And those who can afford it will have to be careful in its usage since you can't really hide a giant robot for too long.

But, as with many other things, time and space will eventually provide a way as long as the knowledge to build and use mobile suits is preserved.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion