AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 9 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 46.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-26, 15:41   Link #41
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ or it could be some noob trying to give you +rep but clicked the neg button instead!

"crap..." (well shes attracted to food thats for sure :3)
hahaha that expression is so Gold!!

Old 2007-04-27, 01:20   Link #42
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I really hope this series goes down the path of ~Air and doesnt ruin itself with cliches. :|
Old 2007-04-27, 03:32   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ As in... an epic tragedy ?

Noooooooo! *cough*

In all honesty, i expect it, but i hope for the opposite to happen
Old 2007-04-27, 07:06   Link #44
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ As in... an epic tragedy ?

Noooooooo! *cough*

In all honesty, i expect it, but i hope for the opposite to happen
That hope is good.
It will intensify the impact of the tragic ending once it's there.
Old 2007-04-27, 08:19   Link #45
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I don't know...having both 'epic' and 'tragedy' sounds too much like R X J to me.
Old 2007-04-27, 08:35   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
I don't know...having both 'epic' and 'tragedy' sounds too much like R X J to me.
For all its worth, we don't know how R x J will end. Part of me can't shake the feeling it will be tragedy, but the story has been changed so much that it can hardly be used as a reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti
That hope is good.
It will intensify the impact of the tragic ending once it's there.
Mueti = mean

I am fully expecting a tragedy... but if the writers decide to surprise us, i will be a happy panda.
Old 2007-04-27, 09:03   Link #47
Skane
Anime Snark

The way I see it, they can't go wrong with either ending. Assuming all other factors are good (aka, the journey to the ending)...

1) A sad ending would meet our expectations, and as we weep our hearts out, we will sobbingly remember the series for its cruel, wretched end.

2) A happy ending will surprise us and make us happy that the characters get to defy fate.

Therefore, the only thing we REALLY need to worry about is the "execution".

Hmm...
Old 2007-04-27, 13:05   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
tbh i can see this series getting as depressing as tsukihime...which will do for me :3
still i wont mind seeing a happy ending like kanon ~ soo many possibilities

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-03, 07:08   Link #49
luckyovermind
hungry~

Since the original concept is done by Naoki Hisaya, I would expect another KANON rather than something like AIR.

But anyway, being a die hard KANON fan, seeing the style of naoki hisaya in the first few episodes makes me feel much better already

And why are you all over the "execution" at times like this? In crying erogames, when you develop enough love for a character, in your heart you will not allow even the possibility of a sad ending: "Oh~ no, That's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN."
And only then can you get the most out of the story and the ending.
Old 2007-05-18, 14:08   Link #50
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Now it may just be that I watched an episode of DTB before this, but I sweart there was a bit of a drop in animation quality this time around (which usually means they are saving money to blow the pants of the viewer later on). From here on out, Takeshi shall be referred to as Richter Belmont, and Mayuko as Maria Renard... Anyway:

Spoiler:

Well this episode suffered from a bit of a budget drop (I know it's not just what I watched before) and a slow plotline this time around as well as boring dialogue. Also I swear Yorito became ten times more emo as well. These low points are somewhat cancelled out by some fun moments with the girls, but this time it wasn't Aono (she's funnier in SD form) who brought things down, but Yorito being a generic harem lead (what happened guy?). Anyway, I can afford this episode a 5 for some nice music and the high points almost cancelling out the low points. I think this is fair. The potential remains, but the episode fell short this time around.
Old 2007-06-12, 08:42   Link #51
Hunter Nin.

The first episode I thought was great... The second episode I thought oh now it's turned into an action anime... The third episode would have been okay if I hadn't lost my suspension of disbelief before the opening credits even rolled. I mean what the hell. She is looking out of the window during the day. Why is she so bothered about the sky when she can look at it whenever the hell she wants through a window. I mean what is that all about. Her eyes should have burnt out of their sockets. That was just a rediculous shot to have her in the window and it doesn't really add anything to the episode.

I'm also lead to assume she answered the door during the day and also went shopping? I mean... seriously. Last episode she put the tip of her finger into the light and it started to turning to dust.

I also have to complain about those waitress outfits being awful aswell.

Last edited by Hunter Nin.; 2007-06-12 at 08:53.
Old 2007-06-12, 09:11   Link #52
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Eyes burn out of sockets just because she looked out of the window? I have to wonder how you came up with that one. She never went shopping during a sunny day as well. It is not like light in general affects her, but direct sunlight.
Spoiler for later episodes:

She is not bothered by not being able to look at the sky - she wants to stand beneath the blue sky... taking a peak trough the window is hardly a substitute. There is nothing wrong with the points you listed as complaints.
Old 2007-06-12, 10:15   Link #53
Hunter Nin.

In the first two episodes she acts as though she has never seen a cloud before in her life (and I think she's over a hundred years old?) yet she can look out the window whenever she feels like. They should really have clarified the details of her condition before they show her looking out a window and then upwards towards the sky because it felt pretty natural for me to assume that her eyes should have turned to dust just like her finger (it is after all sunlight coming in through the window just like when her finger turned to dust). I mean... if they just put her in sunglasses or something. It begs the question why they drew the curtains at all in the previous episodes when she is fine standing before them in this one.

I'm not saying it's wrong because obviously we don't have the full details regarding her condition but I do find it contradictory to what we were lead to believe in the first two episodes and that is why I had a problem with it. I think this is a pretty valid complaint for what is otherwise a very reasonable anime.

For the sake of balance I'll list what I like about this show:

- man with a cool sword and flashy things
- goth-loli who lives in a cardboard box
- the main characters bedroom ceiling
- that it tricked me into thinking it was some heartwarming tale about a boy who takes pictures of the sky when it's really about demons of the night
- that the school uniform makes up for the awful waitress one
- berets

Last edited by Hunter Nin.; 2007-06-12 at 10:25.
Old 2007-06-12, 10:25   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Standing in the light and in direct sunlight are two different things For example, my room is perfectly bright and clear early in the mornings, but sun doesn't shine directly in to it before 1pm or so. It is not like she can't stand light - she can't stand direct sunlight (Think ultraviolet rays or something), which are not the same things.

And she has not ever stood beneath the sky (hence her fascination with Yorito's ceiling). Stealing a glance while standing in the shadows is not the same
Old 2007-06-12, 10:40   Link #55
Hunter Nin.

Well, I certainly agree that being beneath the sky is a completely different feeling (and a pretty powerful one to boot) than to just looking at it but my main problem is that she acted as though she had only ever seen it in her little photograph that she carried around. If I were to describe seeing her at the window it would be like giving a £5 note to a beggar and watching him take out his/her wallet to put it in and seeing that it is overflowing with cash. Bear in mind that this feeling comes from seeing the first three episodes only and none after, I'm sure it will lose that edge in retrospect.
Closed Thread