AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-11-01, 23:40   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 845 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's spoiler time! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-Chapter title is "Army of Anger". No splash info yet.

-Staying true to his words from the previous chapter, Luffy doesn't move from the spot where he separated from Sanji. However, in the distance, the weather takes a strange turn at Big Mom's castle..... as Prometheus and Zeus unleash their atmospheric fury! Suddenly, a gigantic army marches out of the castle towards Luffy, in order to get vengeance for their defeated master, Cracker....!!!

-Meanwhile, the Vinsmokes begin the tea party with Big Mom and Pudding. Pudding, who's sitting near Sanji, slips him a paper, asking him to talk with her in private later. Back outside, the hundreds of soldiers making up Big Mom's army are still marching towards Luffy. Nami tries convincing him to escape, but her pleas fall on deaf ears.... the supernova is stubbornly standing his ground in the face of the Yonkou's forces.....

-Back to Sanji again (presumably during the private chat), he shows Pudding his injured face, as well as his cuffed hands. In response, Pudding apologizes for all the trouble he's going through. Sanji's intention is to ask Big Mom to spare his friends in exchange for accepting marriage. He then goes on to say that up until 13 years ago, he had been living in hell... but since then, he found happiness. That's why he feels he owes all the people he cares for, and wants to disappear without letting them come to harm. Basically, he considers this to be the end of his adventure now....

-A tearful Pudding says she won't let their married life become hell. She then starts to apologize again for speaking out hastily, but Sanji pulls her into an embrace..... calling her his salvation. He follows that with, "If you don't mind..... Let's get married tomorrow."
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 05:06   Link #2
n0m@n
C-Z

Wow, I didnt expect the story going this way. And Sanji can actually hug a girl without losing his blood?
Old 2016-11-02, 09:15   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Wait a minute.. Since Big Mom's Main Force is engaging Luffy's squad now, Brook and Pedro can infiltrate the castle while Chopper and Carrot can keep Brulee occupied.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 12:17   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

random question... all these cover pages for each chapter, they all say "fan request". Did someone really request such random things? "Nami getting pampered by kittens"??

It just seems so stupid and random sometimes... next week will be, "Luffy eating pizza while riding a bicycle made out of ice."
Old 2016-11-02, 12:25   Link #5
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
random question... all these cover pages for each chapter, they all say "fan request". Did someone really request such random things? "Nami getting pampered by kittens"??

It just seems so stupid and random sometimes... next week will be, "Luffy eating pizza while riding a bicycle made out of ice."
Sure its stupid and random. i bet Oda gets tons of requests and he only picks the stupidest and most random requests
Old 2016-11-02, 12:40   Link #6
grecefar

kyaa pudding for mugiwara~

as expected of luffy going on with staying there even though an army in there to kill him, his king haki won't work like in gyojin island?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 15:16   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
as expected of luffy going on with staying there even though an army in there to kill him, his king haki won't work like in gyojin island?
Hody's army was made up of scrubs, so it's no surprise Luffy took them down so easily. Big Mama's army, on the other hand, is clearly going to consist of much stronger forces, so I doubt they'd get knocked out so easily. And it's not like Luffy is in peak condition in the first place, having spent several hours fighting Cracker, then letting himself get beat up by Sanji shortly afterwards (meaning he had little time to recover from BOTH encounters). If I have to make a guess here, I'd say that Nami's vivre card will somehow keep the army at bay, like it did with the Homies earlier. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time until our rubber friend is overwhelmed by Linlin's forces.....

BTW, cool to see Bobbin again! Even if he's not a sweet commander, I guess he could still be one of the Totland ministers. I am curious as to whether or not either of the two other commanders are part of that army, though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post

Well, Oda said in the past that he refuses to accept fan ideas that directly influence the plot (such as devil fruit ideas), so silly fan requests like these splash pages are as far as he's willing to go. In a way, it's sorta like how he spends more time making dick jokes in the SBS columns than addressing more plot-relevant questions, lol.
Old 2016-11-02, 15:25   Link #8
cyberdemon

Why do I get the feeling that Pudding is actually going to turn out to be one of the bad guys and everything up till now has just been an act put on by her.
Old 2016-11-02, 16:16   Link #9
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Wow, I didnt expect the story going this way. And Sanji can actually hug a girl without losing his blood?
This action speaks from the heart rather than his perverted ego. He must have a plan to get out of the situation both of them are in. 🤔

In other news the chapter break for next week will be worth it after Election Day.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 20:32   Link #10
Slayerx

One thing i feel like was kinda confirmed is that it seems like Mama's weather powers do come from her soul fruit. Prometheus and Zeus appear to be the living cloud and sun we saw before; she gave some of her soul to bring to life elements, and those elementals are able to manipulate the weather.

Though there is one thing that does bug me about this chapter; Mama's tone. We are told that she would be enraged over what Luffy did. We see the storm, we see the giant army, and then we cut to... a rather pleasant and jolly family meal? Ya Mama doesn't look that angry. Heck she didn't even look that made on her way to the lunchen. I know this meeting is important to her, but Mama has not come off as being the most reasonable person. Heck we saw just how scary mama's rage can look like when she got hungry; even her own kids are not safe

Frankly i would have expected to see more rage from her. Even with this lunch i would have expected to see her TRYING to have a happy dinner, but at same time being obviously having trouble containing her rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Why do I get the feeling that Pudding is actually going to turn out to be one of the bad guys and everything up till now has just been an act put on by her.
Because its a theory that's been floating around for a while now
Old 2016-11-02, 22:46   Link #11
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Though there is one thing that does bug me about this chapter; Mama's tone. We are told that she would be enraged over what Luffy did. We see the storm, we see the giant army, and then we cut to... a rather pleasant and jolly family meal? Ya Mama doesn't look that angry. Heck she didn't even look that made on her way to the lunchen. I know this meeting is important to her, but Mama has not come off as being the most reasonable person. Heck we saw just how scary mama's rage can look like when she got hungry; even her own kids are not safe

Frankly i would have expected to see more rage from her. Even with this lunch i would have expected to see her TRYING to have a happy dinner, but at same time being obviously having trouble containing her rage.
Yea, that made no sense. I had to do a double take because her pleasantness doesn't fit with the angry BM we saw earlier. She strikes me as someone with no chill whatsoever. I'm not sure how this is going to add up next chapter. The only thing I can think of is that she's able to split her emotions off or something to that nature with the Soul DF. But then the obvious question would be why she didn't do that before when she went on a food rampage. I hope there is some explanation in the future anyway.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 03:07   Link #12
BepoMoria

i can see nami controling promentheus and zeus using her BM vivre card to annihilate BM forces ��
BepoMoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 05:18   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This is the first chapter where I'm starting to see the point of the Pudding conspiracy theorists. I don't trust her anymore. That juxtaposition of Luffy putting his life on the line for Sanji while Pudding is effectively talking him into leaving his captain behind is just too telling. The thing is, it's too late for things to go according to Sanji's plan. The Strawhats can't just leave the island and be save, even if they wanted to. Big Mom's army is beating up Luffy right now; there likely won't be any mercy. If Sanji wants to save or help Luffy at all, he has to do it now. But Pudding made zero effort to help the situation at all and in fact just coersed Sanji to ignore what's happening and go along with the wedding. I have to say, I don't trust her anymore. She's a smooth talker and she's playing the innocent card, but the results of her actions are exactly what Big Mom and Judge wanted. And like I said, the way the last couple of pages are presented, it really feels like Oda wants to create this feeling of Sanji being pulled from two opposing directions and giving in to the wrong one ... for now.
Old 2016-11-03, 06:01   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
This is the first chapter where I'm starting to see the point of the Pudding conspiracy theorists. I don't trust her anymore. That juxtaposition of Luffy putting his life on the line for Sanji while Pudding is effectively talking him into leaving his captain behind is just too telling. The thing is, it's too late for things to go according to Sanji's plan. The Strawhats can't just leave the island and be save, even if they wanted to. Big Mom's army is beating up Luffy right now; there likely won't be any mercy. If Sanji wants to save or help Luffy at all, he has to do it now. But Pudding made zero effort to help the situation at all and in fact just coersed Sanji to ignore what's happening and go along with the wedding. I have to say, I don't trust her anymore. She's a smooth talker and she's playing the innocent card, but the results of her actions are exactly what Big Mom and Judge wanted. And like I said, the way the last couple of pages are presented, it really feels like Oda wants to create this feeling of Sanji being pulled from two opposing directions and giving in to the wrong one ... for now.
The problem is Sanji was locked down, he can escape but he was handcuffed with the same cuff that used at Sabaody Archipelago.

Pudding will surely come up to plan for this or at least securing the escape route for Sanji.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 06:02   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It would be very convenient if Pudding really planned for this all along. Personally, I just want her to be the heartbroken girl who inevitably gets left behind, that would make Sanji's future decision to stay with his crew hold more weight.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-03, 16:06   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

In regards to the bold, I think you sort of answered your own question in regards to Big Mom's temperament. From all the times we saw her so far, she was at her angriest whenever sweets were involved. I mean, even when she was first introduced at the end of mermaid island, notice she was more pissed about the nation's candy factory being destroyed than Luffy declaring the island as his own turf. She didn't even believe him at first when he claimed he ate the remaining candies himself, thinking that the fish-people were hoarding it all for themselves instead. Then look at this arc.... she wasn't angry when Jinbei requested to leave her crew. In fact, she respected his decision, deadly roulette aside. And yet before that, she went on a rampage over a specific pastry she wanted to eat. So my theory is that Big Mom doesn't let much else bother her unless it's directly related to her supply of confections... otherwise, her family gets angry in her stead.
Old 2016-11-03, 16:36   Link #17
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
This is the first chapter where I'm starting to see the point of the Pudding conspiracy theorists.
To add this is the first chapter where she's been caught lying. During the meeting between Pudding and the SH she told them that she has met Sanji before but in this chapter she said to Sanji "I've just met you".

I guess she was too good to be true.
Old 2016-11-04, 03:06   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

The marriage is unavoidable and clearly the perfect choice for Sanji's life

Pudding is just so adorable and raised into "best girl" status in no time
I'll just raged if Oda killed her though... I think she just raised her own death flag

There is another ending where Sanji continued his journey while leaving his wife as the successor of Linlin in the cake island
it is not a bad idea as well

and I don't see any bad thing from Pudding so far
I'm quite taken by her atm... even if she is evil, I think Sanji would just won her over
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 03:33   Link #19
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
The marriage is unavoidable and clearly the perfect choice for Sanji's life

Pudding is just so adorable and raised into "best girl" status in no time
I'll just raged if Oda killed her though... I think she just raised her own death flag

There is another ending where Sanji continued his journey while leaving his wife as the successor of Linlin in the cake island
it is not a bad idea as well

and I don't see any bad thing from Pudding so far
I'm quite taken by her atm... even if she is evil, I think Sanji would just won her over
unless is hidden something like she is ugly inside or outside. ^^?
Old 2016-11-04, 04:55   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
unless is hidden something like she is ugly inside or outside. ^^?
the only thing I could think Oda would pull is that... Pudding would scratch her face out and it turned out that she wore same mask like Sanji worn... and she is actually got Okama-face
forget it, Oda! don't do that! let her be as beautiful and as kind as now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote