5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-17, 09:26   Link #21
Geburah

For those who saw/played the original Utawarerumono, the false maks appeared there already and were china quality imitations compared with the original, Its simply no constest at all
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 09:33   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
For those who saw/played the original Utawarerumono, the false maks appeared there already and were china quality imitations compared with the original, Its simply no constest at all
I don't remember them appearing in the original Uta game tbh.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 10:09   Link #23
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Remember that Zombie Rabbit Army at Rabbit Capital before you fought Kuuya?
Old 2016-01-17, 12:17   Link #24
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
There were imitation masks in the first series.
[spoilers="episode 26, 3 minutes after opening"]One of the human scientists explains to Ice Man that they made masks based on his, and that those masks gives them unusual greater physical abilities.[/spoilers]

Of course, the fact that both are imitation masks does not imply they are equal. The first series shows nothing to suggests that its imitation masks are anything like the ones we see here.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 12:41   Link #25
Geburah

Ofc Uta mask were mostly the prototype ones but since that the scientists went to blob form shortly after i doubt they could improve them too much.
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 16:01   Link #26
ValvraveTruth

Don't want to spoil but... the anime title itsuwari no kamen or false face doesn't mean about the masks or any idea currently. Why its called itsuwari no kamen, you will know at the very last few episodes.
Old 2016-01-17, 17:49   Link #27
Iron Maw
Banned

Heh, this episode was basically the Eight Pillars showboating their enemies to death. However with this the subtitle of this season suddenly makes sense.

We can at leasts see why the Mito leaves the matters of war to these guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda wonder why they bother with armies and their logistic problems when they can - and do - just use a handful of people. I can't say I like this aspect.
Because still just a handful of people. It's not enough to cover the entire territory and while Pillars powers are a great asset we don't know what kind of limits and drawbacks they have. If anything Vurai is good case for why you don't want use their powers for every combat scenario. That town could have been save with much less Yamato blood being spilled had Vurai coordinated with his forces much more efficiently like the Munechika and Oshutoru do.

Quote:
And I thought Dekonpopo was bad. Vurai should never be unleashed for anything less than an actual existential threat to the empire.
You said it. I was gonna him a bit of a loose cannon, but that's not true. He's just very callous. He's loyalty to Emperor is probably the only leash the others have on him as clearly doesn't care much for actual citizens of country.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-17 at 18:31.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 21:38   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf

When I saw one of the generals coordinate archers using guys that look like to have IR masks I thought technology... Then I remembered in this setting sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

The Vurai happened pulling a Godzilla. The Emperor is a Human and somehow didn't turn to slime and has access to technology managing to replicate the power of the Iceman/Hakuorou.

Wonder what is going on Kuon's mind seeing this. Did her moms and sisters tell her what happened to her father?

No wonder Karura and Touka were spying on Yamato. Tusukuru sending Aruru and Kamyu as ambassadors too. The Emperor has some connection to their sealed lord.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 02:04   Link #29
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Wonder what is going on Kuon's mind seeing this. Did her moms and sisters tell her what happened to her father?
Spoiler:
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 03:55   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Although this episode had a lot of action, and it finally showed the powers of each general, I felt it was not very exciting. It felt like snippets of exposition as they curb-stomped the invaders.
I feel the same. Maybe even more extreme than you: aside from visuals, I feel almost no excitement watching the generals just mowing down their mortal opponents with sheer powers coz I’m not invested to their characters nor for their opponents except for Oshutoru & (to an extent) Munechika. I don't even care about the enemy-girl who watches his dad got sliced & diced. Heck, I care more for the people who is forced to fight by the barbarians more than anyone. I’m also not a fan of easy curbstomp without proper buildup. Please tell me that some of these generals (especially Vurai) are gonna be the antagonists of this series which will be faced by "Haku & co" or the old casts coz many of them are flat and dull. Watching all of them being on the good side wiping the floor with their enemies will certainly be boring for me. Moreover, after watching what Vurai did, I was pissed off by his character. He’s just as bad as (if nor worse than) the retarded Dekoponpo who wasted so many lives due to his incompetence.

The music/BGM during this entire episode is underwhelming, especially when Vurai-zilla appeared. Heck, I don’t even remember there’s any BGM at all since Vurai-zilla punched Haku until the ED played. The episode in general could’ve been better and more impactful with better BGM. Did the sound-director of this episode sleepwalk while working or something?

Also, this thing has been bothering me for some time, but aside from him being human and his "Haku"-name, can anybody tell me what super-duper special deed that Haku did to earn so much respect from (almost) everyone? He did something during the giant centipede hunt, he did various part-time jobs, he fixed things and clean things, and merely got involved with the Princess silly kidnap-comedy farce. Yet almost everybody treated him like he's a hero or sage or something big deal.
Old 2016-01-19, 04:57   Link #31
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Also, this thing has been bothering me for some time, but aside from him being human and his "Haku"-name, can anybody tell me what super-duper special deed that Haku did to earn so much respect from (almost) everyone? He did something during the giant centipede hunt, he did various part-time jobs, he fixed things and clean things, and merely got involved with the Princess silly kidnap-comedy farce. Yet almost everybody treated him like he's a hero or sage or something big deal.
That would warrant some extreme game spoilers if you don't mind being spoiled you can ask that question in the game discussion page and I can answer it there.
Old 2016-01-19, 05:03   Link #32
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I never even considered that as a mask with powers. All the masks we've seen so far have been only for the upper half of the face. Her ninja like bottom half mask did not even register to me that it was the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Is this game knowledge or inference? Though I agree it's likely Munechika's is a mask too.
I thought the op made it rather obvious also the scene with munechika using her powers you can see her mask glowing whenever she uses an ability.

4 mask of yamato and the empeoer being worshiped by the people.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2016-01-19 at 05:05. Reason: Apologies for the double post
Old 2016-01-19, 06:55   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
That would warrant some extreme game spoilers if you don't mind being spoiled you can ask that question in the game discussion page and I can answer it there.
If so, then forget it. I shall watch the anime till the end until they answer my question and judge it whether the payoff worth my time or not. Thanks for your kind offer though .
Old 2016-01-19, 10:49   Link #34
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

I was expecting more of a fight, not a massacre...

The only thing annoying me is that, since it was established in the first episode that Haku is scientifically smart (engineer-like by fixing that machine), I thought he would use that knowledge in battle. But no, he just keeps running away.

He doesn't need to be the perfect mary sue like Hakuoro (which fit his character backstory) but at least do something without being such a cry baby...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 11:27   Link #35
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
I was expecting more of a fight, not a massacre...

The only thing annoying me is that, since it was established in the first episode that Haku is scientifically smart (engineer-like by fixing that machine), I thought he would use that knowledge in battle. But no, he just keeps running away.

He doesn't need to be the perfect mary sue like Hakuoro (which fit his character backstory) but at least do something without being such a cry baby...
his back story is alot less impressive than hakuroro's so i don't blame him for being a little bitch at first. I m pretty sure most people would react similarly to him given the situation. he is not a war veteran of any kind he has never seen large army scale combat or massacres of defenseless innocents, and seeing death in combat versus mass slaughter is two very different things.
Besides, him running toward vurai near the end actually impressed me abit, How many people do you know who would actively run towards danger instead of away?
Old 2016-01-19, 15:57   Link #36
PupNacke

Quote:
I would be interested. You can also end me a PN

Besides, I remember something from the 1st Game/Series. Can't remember if this is true, but I also got it in the Game Discussion Thread I think, since someone else asked some similar stuff:
Spoiler:
PupNacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 00:36   Link #37
Alf

Yeah, Haku tried to reach those who are in danger while he himself is trembling. That isn't easy.

His personality have been changed quite a bit from the game, and his experience of battles as well. With this arrangement it's only proper to give him such a shock for the slaughtering to get him to actually feel what is at stake. The whole episode is to get Haku to feel for all this, so it isn't supposed to be exciting or cool but to be fearsome. And no you're not supposed to sync with the generals. This episode have done a very good job on this regard.

That said, it would have been much more effective if the last episode is more exciting. I was upset with Haku's character change on first watch of that ep and only accepted it on second watch, and the battles weren't really exciting enough to match with this episode. That hurts the watching experience of this episode.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 07:03   Link #38
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
his back story is alot less impressive than hakuroro's so i don't blame him for being a little bitch at first. I m pretty sure most people would react similarly to him given the situation. he is not a war veteran of any kind he has never seen large army scale combat or massacres of defenseless innocents, and seeing death in combat versus mass slaughter is two very different things.
Besides, him running toward vurai near the end actually impressed me abit, How many people do you know who would actively run towards danger instead of away?
Realistic yes, but as a story, I would expect more. From a story point, they had 13 episodes to make Haku go from someone normal to some smart strategist. They had time to change him into a little bit more, instead of only doing harem hijinks. (They could still have done harem hijinks, but while developing him into a leader)

I know some spoilers myself, but I don't see him taking the mantle of responsibilities he will like this, while being realistic...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 16:11   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh wow, they're not hiding the Godzilla in this one.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote