AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-02, 02:32   Link #2081
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
That's a lie! I would not let a lady with nice boo... eyes die D:
Buddy, her boobs were saggy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 05:05   Link #2082
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Buddy, her boobs were saggy.

- Tak
Not less saggy than Klan Klans in Macronized size.
Old 2009-06-02, 08:07   Link #2083
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd take saggy boobs over no boobs any day of the week, myself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:33   Link #2084
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I'd take saggy boobs over no boobs any day of the week, myself.
You mean like Ranka or Klan in micronized form?

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-06-02 at 18:06.
Father Hentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 18:09   Link #2085
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Let's not name names, shall we? I mean, we're all gentlemen here, right?

Old 2009-06-04, 00:16   Link #2086
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Again, thanks as always to Renato (at MacrossWorld) for catching a few things I left out and fixing some errors.

#09 - Friendly Fire
It's a basic fact that new idols have to hand out tissues on the street (laughs). It was determined from the beginning that each episode would be a "character episode." The truth is, because we had decided that Michel would lose his life in the 1st cour [Translator's note: a "cour" is a season of 13 episodes], we put his story here. But he turned out to be a better character than we had expected, so we extended his life. Also, we really wanted to see giant Klan give him a slap.

#10 - Legend of Zero
The "movie within a movie" has been done many times throughout Macross so far, but Ranka playing the role of Dr. Mao, thus overcoming her heart's hurdle, while crossing "Macross Zero" and Protoculture, and also crossing the dimensions, gave me the chills while working on it. I'm digressing a little here, but I somehow still think that Miranda, the actress chosen to play Sara, was miscast (laughs).

#11 - Missing Birthday
To Alto, life is a three-answer multiple choice test (laughs). With Ranka's real debut, she and Alto quickly begin to miss each other [Translator's note: this is "miss" in the sense of a "missed call"]. Apparently (Megumi) Nakajima-san got fan letters asking things like, "It's unusual to sell so well right after your debut, isn't it?", but according to her, "It was real." Nakajima-san says that her life really did drastically change immediately after her debut.

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2009-06-04 at 00:17. Reason: typos
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:19   Link #2087
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Again, thanks as always to Renato (at MacrossWorld) for catching a few things I left out and fixing some errors.

#09 - Friendly Fire
It's a basic fact that new idols have to hand out tissues on the street (laughs). It was determined from the beginning that each episode would be a "character episode." The truth is, because we had decided that Michel would lose his life in the 1st cour [Translator's note: a "cour" is a season of 13 episodes], we put his story here. But he turned out to be a better character than we had expected, so we extended his life. Also, we really wanted to see giant Klan give him a slap.

#10 - Legend of Zero
The "movie within a movie" has been done many times throughout Macross so far, but Ranka playing the role of Dr. Mao, thus overcoming her heart's hurdle, while crossing "Macross Zero" and Protoculture, and also crossing the dimensions, gave me the chills while working on it. I'm digressing a little here, but I somehow still think that Miranda, the actress chosen to play Sara, was miscast (laughs).

#11 - Missing Birthday
To Alto, life is a three-answer multiple choice test (laughs). With Ranka's real debut, she and Alto quickly begin to miss each other [Translator's note: this is "miss" in the sense of a "missed call"]. Apparently (Megumi) Nakajima-san got fan letters asking things like, "It's unusual to sell so well right after your debut, isn't it?", but according to her, "It was real." Nakajima-san says that her life really did drastically change immediately after her debut.
Another nice read and thanks a lot for taking the time to translate these commentaries I'll be patiently waiting for the next batch, can't wait XD

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 17:56   Link #2088
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Here's the next group. Again, all episodes are listed as being written by Yoshino. Kawamori is credited (along with someone else) for storyboards for episode 14.

#12 - Fastest Delivery
This episode is really focused around Ranka singing "Seikan Hikou." Anyway, the really charming point here is the "Kira!☆" Animation director Takahashi (Yuichi) watched a lot of choreography videos in order ot animate this scene well, and I think it made a strong impression. And of course, the first audience to hear Ranka's singing is Zentradi.

#13 - Memory of Global
In this episode, the heartwarming mood of the first half, as Alto enters the Global, expands in a heartbeat in the second half into something much harder. And finally, Alto, having wished to fly in a real sky, of course finds joy in flying his Valkryie in the atmosphere. This episode crosses the halfway point of the series, and moves towards the second half, as Sheryl's sickness and Grace's conspiracy come to the forefront.

#14 - Mother's Lullaby
An all-out attack by the Vajra, and the war intensifies. This episode is the turning point for the war getting larger, but we also wanted to show that Grace is still lurking in the shadows. Ranka's power is revealed, and Sheryl's standing and position changes. Mylene was special, but Sheryl is the first diva to fly a Valkyrie in this series. Even though she gets shot down almost immediately (laugh).

Spoiler for Japanese Text:
Old 2009-06-07, 23:09   Link #2089
DeX-kun

Quote:
Here's the next group. Again, all episodes are listed as being written by Yoshino. Kawamori is credited (along with someone else) for storyboards for episode 14.

#12 - Fastest Delivery
This episode is really focused around Ranka singing "Seikan Hikou." Anyway, the really charming point here is the "Kira!☆" Animation director Takahashi (Yuichi) watched a lot of choreography videos in order ot animate this scene well, and I think it made a strong impression. And of course, the first audience to hear Ranka's singing is Zentradi.

#13 - Memory of Global
In this episode, the heartwarming mood of the first half, as Alto enters the Global, expands in a heartbeat in the second half into something much harder. And finally, Alto, having wished to fly in a real sky, of course finds joy in flying his Valkryie in the atmosphere. This episode crosses the halfway point of the series, and moves towards the second half, as Sheryl's sickness and Grace's conspiracy come to the forefront.

#14 - Mother's Lullaby
An all-out attack by the Vajra, and the war intensifies. This episode is the turning point for the war getting larger, but we also wanted to show that Grace is still lurking in the shadows. Ranka's power is revealed, and Sheryl's standing and position changes. Mylene was special, but Sheryl is the first diva to fly a Valkyrie in this series. Even though she gets shot down almost immediately (laugh).

Spoiler for Japanese Text:
Ah, arigato. I'm really enjoying reading these little comments and I appreciate it for taking your time to translate these

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-09, 22:23   Link #2090
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Like what DeXy said, thank you for taking your time, Yot-chan. XD
It clears up a lot of things.
Old 2009-06-09, 23:24   Link #2091
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Like what DeXy said, thank you for taking your time, Yot-chan. XD
It clears up a lot of things.
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait 'til I get to episodes 18~24...
Old 2009-06-10, 03:35   Link #2092
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oooooooohhh... ominous foreshadowing...

Old 2009-06-13, 16:06   Link #2093
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

I got the Famitsu Magazine in the mail today.

It's gonna take me a while to translate, though, so if someone else wants to help out, go right ahead.

But yeah. No episode commentary here, and no Ohnogi Hiroshi (大野木寛).

Spoiler for Huge Freakin' Scans:

Last edited by Yot-chan; 2009-06-13 at 16:07. Reason: Added Spoiler Tags
Old 2009-06-13, 19:42   Link #2094
DeX-kun

Quote:
I got the Famitsu Magazine in the mail today.

It's gonna take me a while to translate, though, so if someone else wants to help out, go right ahead.

But yeah. No episode commentary here, and no Ohnogi Hiroshi (大野木寛).

Spoiler for Huge Freakin' Scans:
Let me repeat this again..."The truth shall set you free!," now it's just a matter of translating all of this and showing it to Shaloom who I'm pretty sure is shaking in his boots right now. I just want to know why he did all of this really.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-13, 20:20   Link #2095
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Let me repeat this again..."The truth shall set you free!," now it's just a matter of translating all of this and showing it to Shaloom who I'm pretty sure is shaking in his boots right now. I just want to know why he did all of this really.
I gotta give props to him though, if Ohnogi's bit proved to be a fake, then he had us fooled for nearly a year!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 20:47   Link #2096
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd think it's more a case of no one bothering to take it upon him/herself to "prove" it until someone actually noticed factual misinformation - in this case, Yot-Chan, about the Macross novels.

Maybe we're all a bit too gullible and starving for information?

Old 2009-06-13, 21:05   Link #2097
Uribatake

I've been lurking this thread for a while, and now I don't know what I'm looking forward to the most: Yot-chan's translation of Shoji Kawamori's Famitsu interview or Shaloom's bogus "liner notes" for episode 25, which should be hilarious.

Since Hiroshi Ohnogi is one of my favorite writers in the industry (he did brilliant work on Arjuna, RahXephon and Noein), I was initially excited by the rumors that he worked on the last episodes of Macross F. Then I started reading those fake interviews and was disheartened by how they made Kawamori look like a putz who lost control over his own creation and didn't know what to do with it.

And when "Ohnogi" said Kawamori wrote the last episode by himself, that's when I started doubting the veracity of those interviews. I could see Ohnogi doing some uncredited rewrites over Hiroyuki Yoshino's scripts, but it didn't make sense to me that Kawamori would write episode 25 by himself and still credit Yoshino for it. But I should have realized something was wrong earlier, when "Ohnogi" said he worked with Yoko Kanno on Macross Plus, which is doubly absurd, since Keiko Nobumoto wrote all of it and Kanno reportedly wrote the music before she even took a look at the script.

Shaloom also seems to overplay Ohnogi's importance to the Macross franchise. He only wrote 6 episodes of the original series and all 5 episodes of Macross Zero, while Sukehiro Tomita wrote 11 episodes of the original series, the screenplay for DYRL and supervised/head-wrote Macross 7. If Kawamori really wanted to "right the ship" and bring the classic Macross flavor back, Tomita would be a much more logical choice.

Anyway, I'm grateful to Yot-chan and his collaborators for exposing Shaloom's lies so thoroughly. The translation of Kawamori's Famitsu interview should be the final nail in the coffin of Shaloom's credibility.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 21:34   Link #2098
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Shaloom also seems to overplay Ohnogi's importance to the Macross franchise. He only wrote 6 episodes of the original series and all 5 episodes of Macross Zero, while Sukehiro Tomita wrote 11 episodes of the original series, the screenplay for DYRL and supervised/head-wrote Macross 7. If Kawamori really wanted to "right the ship" and bring the classic Macross flavor back, Tomita would be a much more logical choice.
I think Ohnogi's a little more important than that...the "post-war" final story arc of SDFM was mostly his creation...so I guess we've got him to blame for Hikaru STILL being clueless two years after initially rejecting Minmay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
I've been lurking this thread for a while, and now I don't know what I'm looking forward to the most: Yot-chan's translation of Shoji Kawamori's Famitsu interview or Shaloom's bogus "liner notes" for episode 25, which should be hilarious.
I think word is getting around to Macross Generation forums...if the rumbling gets louder, Shaloom may no loner be in a position to write the liner notes. At least not without a bunch of loud guffaws from his audience.

Again, I don't really want to cast aspersions on anyone, and if I could come up with some rationale for why Shaloom is "mistaken" instead of "lying," I'd be much happier. Unfortunately, I can't think of a thing.

And I did kind of a quick look at the interview and wrote up a little bit about each question (at MacrossWorld). Unfortunately, there's a fair amount of stuff I don't understand, so it'll take a while.

It looks like Shaloom took three sentences from the actual interview, but he twisted them a bit when translating them into Spanish, in order to make them say what he wanted them to say. The rest of the "interview" (the episode commentary, the Ohnogi stuff) is entirely bogus.
Old 2009-06-13, 21:39   Link #2099
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Well, I have learned my lesson. I shall never eat cake unless I know who baked...(metaphorically speaking that is, well sorta ).

Last edited by raile; 2009-06-13 at 21:56.
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 21:48   Link #2100
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Well, I have learned my lesson. I shall never eat cake unless I know who baked...(metaphorically speaking that is ).
/facepalm

Sorry raile but that made me break out into tears of laughter For some reason that phrase sounded so...what's the word I'm looking for? Anyways, that was pretty funny

Quote:
And I did kind of a quick look at the interview and wrote up a little bit about each question (at MacrossWorld). Unfortunately, there's a fair amount of stuff I don't understand, so it'll take a while.

It looks like Shaloom took three sentences from the actual interview, but he twisted them a bit when translating them into Spanish, in order to make them say what he wanted them to say. The rest of the "interview" (the episode commentary, the Ohnogi stuff) is entirely bogus.
Are you serious? Shaloom couldn't even quote 3 lines straight from the magazine? He manipulated 3 lines? That really is pretty pathetic to say the least. If he turns out to be mistaken somehow (but I doubt it) I will apologize for what I said but it's not looking good for the guy. He's leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth at the moment -_-

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Tags
action, romance