AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 14:12   Link #81
Horse

I... have no words. The opening bits were a pretty sweet setup... but then by the midpoint it just went to "wat am I even watching?" Random change in tone in every aspect. I am lost.

inb4 Fractale 2

Love the OP tho.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:32   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Random change in tone
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Care to point out a specific example?
Old 2013-10-10, 14:37   Link #83
erika4dsl

That was a very promising first episode.
Animation is really good and the characters are interesting.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 15:36   Link #84
kuromitsu

Mmm, yeah, not going to watch this. I'm sure it's fine for those who are into this type of show and characters, but I'm not.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 15:43   Link #85
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This is such a catchy sequence!

Old 2013-10-10, 16:28   Link #86
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Mmm, yeah, not going to watch this. I'm sure it's fine for those who are into this type of show and characters, but I'm not.
What do you mean?
Old 2013-10-10, 17:04   Link #87
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 1

What? It's over already? I must admit, that was quite fun. I'm not totally sold on the story but I do like how they were going for the classic lighthearted adventure feel. I just recently watched Castle in the Sky and it kinda reminded me of that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:08   Link #88
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

can you even classify what kind of show this is at this point?

we have a bandit raid, 3 sisters, a kidnapping, a hippie dad, and ... A FLYING GOLDFISH.

I didn't even realize that my mouth was open when watching that first ep, it was amazing, no complaints with the episode in any aspect, and I am definitely hooked!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:10   Link #89
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What do you mean?
As Haak above said - the "classic retro lighthearted adventure (with cute girls as main characters)" thing. They're not my thing, the episode bored me, although the last straw was the annoyingly generic soundtrack.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:22   Link #90
Tenzen12

Ok, best first episode for me this season and I would have to think hard remember any from older date as well. Crazy, sweet, with machinegun goldfish and pirate who get pawned and yet leave with style.

What would one wish more?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:40   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty. Not sure what to make of the plot yet. It could take any number of direction.

Hozuki instantly became my favorite character when she showed up in that goldfish ship. She's cute and badass. The other two sisters didn't make a big impression on me. Hazuki was kind of annoying with her talk about prosecution.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:02   Link #92
kyouray
2D > 3D

Wow they really talked about Galileo
I hope we'll have more Galileo related stuff but as Kanon said I don't know what to expect too.
This was a good introduction. Galileo sisters are nice but it seems the youngest will be the most interesting girl.
It's also beautiful animation-wise, no surprise with Shingo Adachi as animation director and Shuichi Kaneko as effects director. Kaneko is a veteran known for his effects and this episode is full of it. I also liked snow-covered backgrounds.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:05   Link #93
Tranhieu

The action lacks impact, though its pretty visual effects make up for that. I don't remember if there's any other action oriented show I'm watching this season beside Kyoukai no Kanata, Arpeggio and this so what I'm being offered here might come across as acceptable, it's not that thrilling enough to me though, not to mention there's this weird transition in the middle.

For an opening episode it's doing pretty well, the premise is well established, we got a good idea about the main characters and their capabilities (well that's mainly Hozuki though but seems like Kazuki is good at martial art and Hazuki has her way with words), some good (but half-baked) action to enjoy. The downside is there isn't much interaction among the sisters, and each of them lacks depth at the same time. Hope they're gonna fix that in the next episode.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:32   Link #94
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
The action lacks impact, though its pretty visual effects make up for that. I don't remember if there's any other action oriented show I'm watching this season beside Kyoukai no Kanata, Arpeggio and this so what I'm being offered here might come across as acceptable, it's not that thrilling enough to me though, not to mention there's this weird transition in the middle.
I agree for mecha action stuff (watchable thanks to effects) but sisters kidnapping attempts have some nice bits. However I'm not sure we could say Galilei Donna is an action oriented show.
By the way you should try Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ as action series
Old 2013-10-10, 19:54   Link #95
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I agree for mecha action stuff (watchable thanks to effects) but sisters kidnapping attempts have some nice bits. However I'm not sure we could say Galilei Donna is an action oriented show.
By the way you should try Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ as action series
I'm not sure how I should feel about the kidnapping attempts. Those guys in black look untrained to me, especially that guy with long hair. Did he just drop by for a visit or he actually wanted to obtain something?

Thanks, will have a look at it later when I'm done with work.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:26   Link #96
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Well, it's interesting. I knew from the description that the premise is questionable, so no surprises there, but I can swallow my disbelief there. There characters are pretty good, none are totally annoying. The lawyer sister could become so if she doesn't have any other personality traits. It's early though, so too soon to judge for me.

I like the creativity of the gadgets, and the general tone of the technology. I'm choosing not to question where the youngest got missiles or ammunition for her goldfish-ship.
I feel bad for her goldfish, though- it has nothing interesting in its bowl, or even any gravel. I don't believe I even spotted a filter. For someone so fixated on goldfish, you'd think she'd know about that stuff. Maybe I'm over-thinking this.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:53   Link #97
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

As mcuh as I did enjoy the first episode, and what a cool and wild ride it was. i think this is the show with the third most annoying CG this season. Blue Steel is obviously by far the worst, and the CG in Machine Dolls is terrible, but here it just made everything much uglier.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:22   Link #98
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

An unexpected pleasure. I'm not into action enough to realize where this show let us down. The drawing/animation generally looked good, nice color design, good pacing, characters with potential, a bit of mystery. Non-stop entertainment.

And a nice cast: Hidaka Rina as the smallest, Koyama Rikiya and Kuwashima Houko as the parents, Kamiya Hiroshi as the swashbuckler, et al.

It's an enjoyable piece of weirdness that the three girls, living in Italy, with a father named Ferrari and a mother descended from Galileo (I infer), all had Japanese first names (Hozuki - Kazuki - Hazuki, in ascending order of apparent age).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:33   Link #99
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Care to point out a specific example?
Well we first started out with methane robbery and dozens of workers dying horribly a firestorm.

Then there's an attempted kidnapping and mortal danger for the girls.

Then light-hearted scolding from the mom and arguing over who introduced what with Galileo and Copernicus.

Then a Final Fantasy cosplayer literally blows his way in, beats the dad, and threatens to blow all their brains out.

Then a little girl piloting a flying goldfish robot gets instructions to blow up the other giant robot from a talking holographic goldfish...

....while comical tuba music plays in the background.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 23:47   Link #100
dark998

Well, given the lack of info about this series I went in with no expectations and got mechas, explosions, fish ship, beautiful 2D/3D visuals, cute girls, catchy OP/ED and some Galileo Galilei. So things turned out surpisingly good, definitely looking forward to the remaning 10 episodes.

And while Kazuki is the prettiest Ferrari Hozuki surprisingly delivers the most eye candy in the OP and ED (yep, that overall).
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, sci-fi, unintentional comedy