AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 20:52   Link #9541
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dang plot bunnies, why "Magitechno Valkyrie Corona" HAVE to resurface again, damn you...
Old 2011-11-25, 20:55   Link #9542
Eratas123

@ Zero - What are you talking about?

@ demino_hellsin - Shouldn't Fillia's face and Hair style stop others from thinkinh she's a guy?

@ Rain - How would Kyuukai react to seeing Irish in IS academy?
Old 2011-11-25, 20:58   Link #9543
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If a bullet is fired with its locomotive inertia being high enough to ignore any external force, how dangerous would that be?

@eratas: Bishonen-desu Eratas-san. Bishonen-su.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:58   Link #9544
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's an original fiction I wrote in 2009-2010, a magical girl warrior show. But when I watched I.S. three months ago and finding that I.S. came earlier, I deleted the story.

If I can describe it, it's like Nanoha meet Infinite Stratos meet Norse Mythology, the titular Valkyries is using Big Fucking Weapon and Modular Power armor, the bad guys is mostly demonic mecha/ cyborgs, and the anti-heroes (Magical Boys) use elements of both.

@Demino

Every single object with Inertia is affected by external force, even by 0.1% margin. And to push them to that level you described, monstrous amount of power is needed and the bullet wont survive it's own inertia.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-25 at 21:12.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:00   Link #9545
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - That bullet would be extremely fast!

@ Zero - There's also sky girls.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:00   Link #9546
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: He'd freak.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:01   Link #9547
demino_hellsin
That one guy

okay so affected but negligible? like 0.0001%?

EDIT: How would inertia destroy the bullet?
Old 2011-11-25, 21:02   Link #9548
Eratas123

@ Rain - Freak how?

Side note - I asked yesterday how Kyuukai would do against a Jigsaw trap. No special equipment or weapons, just himself.

@ demino_hellsin - Double edged sword It's the reason characters think Irish is a girl, his voice doesn't help things
Old 2011-11-25, 21:03   Link #9549
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Eras

Yeah, I felt like I always plagiarize every-time I wrote Original Fiction so I gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
okay so affected but negligible? like 0.0001%?
What kind of bullet are you talking? Also, what kind of mechanism used to accelerate it?

EDIT: Inertia is Resistance put upon a moving object by it's own mass. So if inertia is high enough, the atomic/ molecular bonds between the particle that construct the bullet will broke. There's also air friction to think about before we talk about inertia.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:05   Link #9550
Eratas123

@ Zero - Almost everything nowadays is plagiarized! Fairy tail is Naruto meets one piece, doesn't stop it from being awesome and hilarious.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:05   Link #9551
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: just gathering what real life physics would think of Arke-Progenita's Lightning dress. It's armed with an Active Inertial Amplifier.

Arke Progenita was made from any and all data they could gather on other IS. They got some pretty good stuff on Rafaels and Scwarzer Regen
Old 2011-11-25, 21:08   Link #9552
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@zero: just gathering what real life physics would think of Arke-Progenita's Lightning dress. It's armed with an Active Inertial Amplifier.
FYI A.I.A. WILL increase the inertia so to speak, which means increase it's own WEIGHT and thus reduce the potential maximum acceleration of the bullet.

Quote:
Arke Progenita was made from any and all data they could gather on other IS. They got some pretty good stuff on Rafaels and Scwarzer Regen
Old 2011-11-25, 21:12   Link #9553
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wasn't inertia just resistance to change in force on a body from any external force? So if You are at rest and have high inertia, you can't be moved. But if you have high inertia while in motion then you can't be stopped or veered off course?

Never really paid much attention in class

The Arke-Progenita is a model which wasn't designed for "shifting" or one-off ability development. It was designed as a military weapon
Old 2011-11-25, 21:13   Link #9554
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: He wouldn't do very well against traps like those. If given a chance (maybe having enough time), and if he knew the mechanics of the trap, he'd survive. Otherwise, his chances are slim if the trap works faster than his reflexes.

Also, he'd freak by being paranoid, almost attacking Irish at every time he sees him (he tried to kill him and his mother, remember), and he would try everything for a small while to get Irish out and arrested.

After that, when he finds that Irish is there to stay, he'll stop. But the paranoia will stay, and he'll still feel angry at him from time to time.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:15   Link #9555
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Wasn't inertia just resistance to change in force on a body from any external force? So if You are at rest and have high inertia, you can't be moved. But if you have high inertia while in motion then you can't be stopped or veered off course?

Never really paid much attention in class
Normally yes, but I.S. has their own Law of Physic by breaking ours, and you can't bear to break it AGAIN with new rules.

EDIT: I'll do some research on it, maybe I was mistaken, you should just ask MeisterBabylon and SaintessHeart.

Quote:
The Arke-Progenita is a model which wasn't designed for "shifting" or one-off ability development. It was designed as a military weapon
Even then German aren't the best country when it comes to 'friendly share it with you', and you knew how messed up France is...
Old 2011-11-25, 21:15   Link #9556
Eratas123

@ Rain - So that's why he loses during Kuu's trap Only Irish is unorthodox enough to use the trap itself to escape it.

But why would he be so paranoid? Irish's arms are pretty much useless and he's extremely weak from being forced out of a coma early.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:20   Link #9557
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I can bear it

Plus France and Germany never had to share. Rafaels are all over the place. Schwarzer Regen, though I'm assuming is only recently released to public with Laura debut, was being scouted at IS academy. In my fanon there are those student who are much like Charlotte, sent over to ISA to scout other IS, only they are not forced into it via dire circumstances.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:23   Link #9558
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@zero: I can bear it

Plus France and Germany never had to share. Rafaels are all over the place. Schwarzer Regen, though I'm assuming is only recently released to public with Laura debut, was being scouted at IS academy. In my fanon there are those student who are much like Charlotte, sent over to ISA to scout other IS, only they are not forced into it via dire circumstances.
Rafaels I can understand, but moreso than USA, Germany in I.S.-verse is incredibly militaristic. Had USA succeed in that operation, well... that wouldn't be fun.... since German's (counter)Intelligence force is horrifically potent and accurate

Oh, of course you can play by different rules, Fanfiction after all.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:30   Link #9559
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When I say scout, it literally means scout they take videos or pictures and notes of Scwarzer Regen while it's in action. Considering how Laura keeps using it and how everyone(read as Charlotte, Chifuyu and some other exposition people that I don't know) is fully knowledgeable about the basic concept behind the mechanism. It shouldn't be too hard to get enough data for some experimental reverse engineering...right?

Charlotte's case was hardcore spying. Taking data not ready to be shared. Though she never pulled through on it that's what she was ordered to do

EDIT: Funny tidbit. Arke-Progenita is equipped with a sensor to track its own combat performance as well as its opponent's. At least Fillia's unit has it because the data would be very welcome in making improvements.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:31   Link #9560
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: He'll be paranoid because he still thinks Irish might be a danger to the students, even though that's not (really-ish) true.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest