AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 50.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-10, 22:28   Link #101
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
So yeah, I suppose I'll save my final say on this episode for when we actually get to see it in its entirety and presented at a proper pace, instead of annoyingly rushed, and hopefully with refined and up to par art and animation work while we're at it. The TV airing was still a lot of fun to watch due to the great story there was to show and tell, but it was hard to enjoy it as much as I should have knowing how much better it could and should have been shown and told.
Wait, it wasn't that bad either. It was a step down, but not Persona 4 anime levels in any way, for going with a recent example.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:33   Link #102
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Holy shit. How the hell is rider going to lose? Even Gil dont have enough weapons to kill them all. It makes UBW looks small....

BUt surely the mana cost of such a bubblle is insane?

I do not know about that Forever, Gil has a massive amount of noble phantasm. If I remember correctly, in this episode Gil stated he had far too many to count, let alone remember. That and, they all seem to explode taking out a decent sized area. Alexander's army seems rather packed together, making easy targets.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:34   Link #103
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

In the Noble Phantasm the character with the long black hair looks like an older version of Waver .
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:38   Link #104
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
STOP LOVING WHAT I HATE.

That's all I hear.

It's all fine and dandy if you didn't like it, but we should move on and let people who actually enjoyed the episode... well, enjoy it.
See this is where I could stoop down to your level and go "STOP HAVING ACTUAL STANDARDS AND POINTING OUT LEGITIMATE FLAWS BACKED UP BY LOGICAL REASONING IN WHAT I LOVE. That's all I hear." but that would be a complete waste of time, so I'll pass.

Mostly because the portion of my post which you quoted wasn't even close to resembling hate, but rather just moderate disappointment and a respectful disagreement of another poster's thoughts on the episode. Your reaction simply shows that you're an incredibly thin-skinned individual who is unable to handle a single piece of constructive criticism towards something you enjoyed without it interfering with said enjoyment. In which case you probably shouldn't be in a discussion forum to begin with. This is a place for all kinds of views on the quality of anime, not a safe little shelter for your exclusively and unquestioningly positive ones.

And of course, if you could see beyond the extent of your oversensitivity towards criticism, you'd take note of the many portions of my post in which I claimed I found the episode to be exciting, entertaining, fun to watch and possessing a great story. But nope, you chose to focus on the criticism alone because you can't take someone not unconditionally loving what you love. Give me a break. And start rethinking that unsightly "must shut out and ostracise anyone who disagrees with me!" attitude of yours while you're at it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:44   Link #105
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
See this is where I could stoop down to your level and go "STOP HAVING ACTUAL STANDARDS AND POINTING OUT LEGITIMATE FLAWS BACKED UP BY LOGICAL REASONING IN WHAT I LOVE. That's all I hear." but that would be a complete waste of time, so I'll pass.
Typically I'd agree with you on every count, but you have been repeating the same argumetns for a while now. So one standards to wonder what is it exactly that you want to prove.

edit: Anyway. I guess that was distpectful of me. Sorry for that.

Last edited by Proto; 2011-12-10 at 22:54.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:54   Link #106
Vicious108

Quote:
Typically I'd agree with you on every count, but you have been repeating the same argumetns for a while now. So one standards to wonder what is it exactly that you want to prove.
Repeating the same arguments for a while now... in all of one post?

EDIT: Very well then. Let's move on from this fruitless side discussion.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:21   Link #107
kakakka

Quote:
.... in comparison to last week's fiasco. You know the industry's in a sad state when paedophile fanservice takes priority over actual substance when it comes to production values these days.
From the back of my head, I could hear it say "Eh, this is Type-Moon." *hides from raining swords*

I was expecting something more from the Banquet of Kings. Rider's sudden actions did made me WTF until Archer arrived, but the conversation is not quite balanced, with the Golden Servant not saying much.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:27   Link #108
Kagayaki

The animation and direction obviously aren't as great as last week, which is a shame, but they're not dramatically worse than anything that happened before last week (which was unusually good).

I can't agree with anyone who thinks they overdid the dialogue cuts.
1) As Klashikari pointed out earlier, this was the best they could do within the airtime they had.
2) We'll get to see the cut material later.
3) I don't think that any of the cut material was vital to the viewer's understanding of any part of the plot, characters or themes, although if someone wants to disagree with me, they're free to do so and explain in the novel spoilers thread why they think one of the cut lines was crucial.

Quote:
The three? Don't you mean the two? Because Gilgamesh clearly got the short end of the stick there and we never really got to hear his thoughts on the definition of kingship. Seeing as a clearly important line of his from last week's preview was conspicuously absent from this airing, I can only assume and vehemently hope that the insight into his character will be present in the from this point on much anticipated DVD/Blu-ray versions of this episode.
I'm skimming back over the chapter right now, and I can't find any major, character-insight granting lines by Gilgamesh that were omitted, other than the "I've decided I'll kill you." I don't think the "I'll kill you" line tells the viewer anything that won't be presented much more clearly and unambiguously later. It's a line that's easy to misinterpret.

He pokes fun at / leers at saber a bit more too, which might have been important to see, and perhaps he had one or two lines there that demonstrate more clearly how he views her. I'm not entirely convinced that those were vital, though, and my main point is that nothing major was omitted regarding his views on kingship.

Independent of what was or wasn't in the novel, I think Gilgamesh doesn't feel the need to explain his point of view on kingship. He ridicules Saber instead of trying to argue with her too. It's not like he feels the need to justify himself to either of the other two beyond telling them the holy grail is already his, as are all treasures.

Last edited by Kagayaki; 2011-12-10 at 23:42.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:29   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was... awesome!! Oh man, what a great episode. Now we know a little more about Saber's original wish and see how much more awesome Rider is. I did not expect him to have a Reality Marble. The music was great and the animation superb as always.

Can't wait til next week.
Old 2011-12-10, 23:56   Link #110
iBeast

So the blue-ray everything is talking about... when is it coming out and how much will it cost? Typical blue-ray pricing?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:59   Link #111
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
So the blue-ray everything is talking about... when is it coming out and how much will it cost? Typical blue-ray pricing?
The price is as high as the finest art from the King's treasury.

Joke aside, it should be around 300$ for limited edition. I don't think we know the regular edition's price for now, do we?

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:04   Link #112
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
STOP LOVING WHAT I HATE.

That's all I hear.

It's all fine and dandy if you didn't like it, but we should move on and let people who actually enjoyed the episode... well, enjoy it.
Yikes looks like I stumbled on some episode drama this week. Maybe ought to wait till things cool down a bit before following up or the like.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:27   Link #113
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I whined when it was full of loli action. I squealed like said loli when it's full of manly stuff.
Am I gay?

Though I guess I don't mind. FSN had Gay for ARcher, it should be OK FZ has Gay At Rider.
Oh wait I know the better word for it: VIRTUS!
Old 2011-12-11, 00:47   Link #114
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

That was great. Leave it to Rider to lay the smack down on Saber and her self-righteous idiocy.

It's like Gen watched/read/played Fate Stay/Night, and went, wtf was that crap, and then decided to make a series that made fun of it in every way possible.

Of course, the only issue of doing all that in a prequel is knowing no matter how awesome Gen makes this, no matter what insights he brings forth, these characters are going to throw it all out the window and end up the idiots they were in Stay/Night.

Rider really is the manliest/best character of the series so far. He should get his own talk show.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:54   Link #115
zero7090

great ep, epic, gar except

zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:56   Link #116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was one heck of an episode. Rider definitely stole the show again. Took control of things verbally and of course his massacre of Assassin is something to remember. In terms of fighting against that I suppose only a few would really have a good chance. Gilgamesh might have a good chance since it'd be mass weapons vs mass soldiers. Could argue Saber might have her chance too since she could spam Excalibur and cut down those numbers pretty quickly.

In the end Saber is going to need to pull herself together and quickly. Still has to settle things with Lancer first and everything else comes after that.

Not surprised things went this way. Two people with very different viewpoints, beliefs, and backgrounds. To be expected when you consider they come from different times. Should expect a King like Alexander to be proud and completely for his point of view. Wouldn't have accomplished the things he did otherwise. Doesn't mean he's wrong or right.
Old 2011-12-11, 00:57   Link #117
Tsukou

As someone who's never read the LN, it's interesting to read this thread about some of the pieces they were forced to leave out due to constraints, but the episode still was really amazing to me.

Just the entire dialogue between Rider and Saber had my complete attention. I don't mind if the animation was kind of weird, because I was more focused on what they were saying.

But once Iskandar stood up, I was like, HOLY, because that noble phantasm, incredible to see. I wasn't sure how strong Rider would be compared to Archer and Saber, but damn. After hearing Rider speak, and how he fights, I can't help but wish he could win. But however he goes out, will truly be fit for a king. And personally I enjoyed his reasoning for a king, and seeing how his strength was in the men who love him and fight by his side, was really heartwarming in a sense.

You have Archer who has everything, Rider who wants everything, and as noble as Saber's sentiments are, I can't help but agree with Rider. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series, but it's all been so good, well, maybe not last week's episode.. but that's ok.. I had all ready forgotten about it.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:05   Link #118
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
If Rider's Ionion Hetairoi equips Archer's weapons.... they'd be the craziest, strongest servants that makes the rating EX look like C.
Old 2011-12-11, 01:07   Link #119
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Rider's army was cool.
Just that... in every other part of the episode, the animation/art was... pretty bad. Bad not being an overstatement.

And although Rider's voice actor is great, I have to admit when he said the name of his army(?), it sounded 120% like gibberish.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:17   Link #120
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Turn the chessboard over: let's imagine that Rin's part was cut to 5-10 minute. What would we have in the end? Even more awkward placement and time for the discussion between the three kings, without much prolonged time for the talk, and disconnected part with the future events.
The whole deal with Rin's episode has really nothing to do with this episode, aside perhaps the budget (which is questionable, since Ionian Hetairoi was depicted quite accurately with tons of details with the army).
Problem - Rin's episode was original anime scenario. A lot of things are changed. I can't say since it would be spoiler to non-novel readers, but it was not supposed to end happily like that. Because I know Rin's episode, I know it could've been shorten a lot.

About the army, you can easily see many direction that fakes the scale of details and limited sakuga. For instance, they show a lot of over-the-head shoots when showing the army. When this has always been the case of Fate/Zero from the start, this episode clearly had collapse in art work in many aspect.

Quote:
Now let's go back with the actual structure: you CANNOT animate a show with several hours span in mind. As archer and lunarmoon stated: the actual pace has to follow the actual limitations apposed by the current format, which is 22 minutes (hell, they even cut the OP for this episode).
Unless the flow and the pacing allow a 2 episodes span, it is not advised to go on ridiculous lengths and keep things essential.
As I stated earlier, there was definite possibility of shortening Rin's part to max the input for this episode.

Quote:
What other options did they have for a TV broadcast episode of 22 minutes? Splitting the talk and Iskandar's reality marble showndown? Nonsense considering the actual connection between both scenes. It would be terribly asinine to have the climax shut off when Iskandar gets ready to respond to Assassin assault to have a "to be continued".
While other confrontations such like first Saber VS Lancer could work on an early part of an episode, it was because of the actual tone and purpose of the fights, along with its consequences. Here we would have been disconnected with the talk done -a week ago-.
And saving 1 episode for the talk and 1 episode for Iskandar's tour de force would be nothing short of a huge drag, however impressive it could look. In fact, it would just be ostentatious and arguably spread the tension caused by Iskandar going gung ho.
While I'm tempting to agree with you in this part, but I just can't forgive shortening it. It was also one of the most important/mind-blowing scene of Fate/Zero, and ufotable suddenly collapses and create unlimited sakuga-hokai works and unlimited editing storm. Really, it might be me just being too biased but I can believe ufotable made greatest amount of cut and greatest amount of sakuga errors in THIS particular episode where it should've been 'godly'.

Quote:
The three? Don't you mean the two? Because Gilgamesh clearly got the short end of the stick there and we never really got to hear his thoughts on the definition of kingship. Seeing as a clearly important line of his from last week's preview was conspicuously absent from this airing, I can only assume and vehemently hope that the insight into his character will be present in the from this point on much anticipated DVD/Blu-ray versions of this episode.
Exactly. That was one of the many cut that I hated most. Gilgamesh raep owning Saber part.