AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-19, 01:14   Link #19021
Miraluka
Banned

Mikoto also acts like a child when chasing, throwing tantrums when he ignores her or when demands to have a serious match only to end trembling when he seems to get serious, something he never did, just bluff. And don't forget her childish tastes and her gekota related goods obsesion.

Lessar failed because there was a war, Fiamma caused a great pain on Index and ultimatelly Lessar didn't have enough time knowing Touma and viceversa.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:19   Link #19022
desrtsku
Nympholept

To Leukrota from a certain person :
"Then just think of her as when she's out there fighting magicians, that way she'll seem more teenager-like."

To Wilfri : "Touma felt weird without Index's biting in daihaisensai, which is a distinct difference from his Ero-Fallen-Angel reaction."

..."Also, Kaori is out of the game "

From me adding to what has already been said about the loli thing : You know "loli" nowadays is more about the look than the age or else there's a huge load of anime cast out there who shouldn't be called loli. That said, Index isn't a loli only because she's too old ... but rather because her body is "too" developed, no matter how much of a pettanko she is, she's not short enough and she's got a nice body >_>

EDIT :
To wilfri : that person also said he agreed with what you said in your last post ... (the one just above mine I guess)
Old 2012-07-19, 01:23   Link #19023
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
That said, Index isn't a loli only because she's too old ... but rather because her body is "too" developed, no matter how much of a pettanko she is, she's not short enough and she's got a nice body >_>
Are we referring to the same index?
Old 2012-07-19, 01:37   Link #19024
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Are we referring to the same index?
Yep, oh wait don't tell me you've never paid attention to her body? Her proportions are too nice compared to "loli" you know ... just use her counterpart in Haganai as a reference.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:40   Link #19025
Miraluka
Banned

Tell to that certain person that's why there's an upcoming room for development regarding Kaori on NT.

...oh wait, that person is currently out of the game of this forum . Oh, the irony...

@tsunami666: I think he means the difference of a legit loli and someone who looks like one, and the Index from S2 comes back to my mind, those legs... looked quite slender...
Old 2012-07-19, 01:42   Link #19026
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

For some reason, I believe this is relevant to the topic, though I don't know how we got to this point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4z4O_NGHlI
Old 2012-07-19, 01:50   Link #19027
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Hanazawa-san huh

@Tsunade That certain person, would like to post this about Index not being a proper loli just in case you didn't really understand
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-19, 01:50   Link #19028
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Mikoto also acts like a child when chasing, throwing tantrums when he ignores her or when demands to have a serious match only to end trembling when he seems to get serious, something he never did, just bluff. And don't forget her childish tastes and her gekota related goods obsesion.
Wow, I can tell you have it against Mikoto.

Anyway, what you said is not being a child in my book, but a teen (aside from when she sees something gekota, that is indeed childish). Mikoto acts that way only in reaction to Touma, it's the sexual tension she just doesn't know to deal with, not mature, but not child-like either. Remember teens are precisely in between a child and an adult... If you analyze him, Touma also acts like a teen in the very scarce moments he's not saving someone, overreacting to "ecchi" situations, whining about his luck, and generally avoiding responsibilities until he has no choice but to face them.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:56   Link #19029
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

err... hrmm...

I have... telepathically... received a message from somewhere over... yonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXXXXX View Post
"Ah ha! In that case, the majority of the Railgun girls are lolis on the principle that they're still in middle school! The great Kirino and Kuroneko has spoken!"
Yeah... that should do it.

EDIT: It's also telling me that defining what exactly a 'loli' is isn't really on topic... so let's get back to talking about Index's legs again.

Last edited by rubix22; 2012-07-19 at 02:41.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:25   Link #19030
Miraluka
Banned

If I recall Index seems to be short because Mikoto is taller than girls of her age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Wow, I can tell you have it against Mikoto.

Anyway, what you said is not being a child in my book, but a teen (aside from when she sees something gekota, that is indeed childish). Mikoto acts that way only in reaction to Touma, it's the sexual tension she just doesn't know to deal with, not mature, but not child-like either. Remember teens are precisely in between a child and an adult... If you analyze him, Touma also acts like a teen in the very scarce moments he's not saving someone, overreacting to "ecchi" situations, whining about his luck, and generally avoiding responsibilities until he has no choice but to face them.
Not at all.
Also by your own logic isn't Index the same? (Read C2F message trough dersktu's posts).

The point is how do they act when in front of him and both left different first (and second first, due to FoL magic effects) impressions on him and how open/honest they are to him.

Also, Touma doesn't overreacts like let's say... Yuuki Rito or the likes of him.

I'm a bit tired and my shoulder keeps me feeling unconfortable, I'm gonna take break or just a nap and the I'll keep with the topic later.
Old 2012-07-19, 03:12   Link #19031
leukrota

Quote:
Also by your own logic isn't Index the same? (Read C2F message trough dersktu's posts).
Index's bite, maybe... I can't even say for sure it's due to sexual tension since it seems more like a kid wanting it's parent's attention. I mean, it's physical contact but she's usually unaware of that fact (the unintended kiss being an exception.)

But all the dependent attitudes, like her hunger strikes or asking for help finding Touma or wanting to play with Touma and generally being there feeling helpless, she takes them in front of anyone (Touma, Komoe, Accelerator, Itsuwa, the nuns, etc...)

Mikoto has her childish side, but Index behaves like a child most of the time, the events where she becomes self-aware are rare... it's like she's barely scratching puberty.

Anyway, I believe "C2F's message" is a sarcastic one. Or more precisely, using a Reductio ad absurdum argument.

Quote:
I'm a bit tired and my shoulder keeps me feeling unconfortable, I'm gonna take break or just a nap and the I'll keep with the topic later.
Well, I'm off to sleep too anyway, it's getting quite late here.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:50   Link #19032
Sumeragi
Banned

About Index being childish: Let's face it, I don't think Index had a chance to truly grow up with her annual reset of memories.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:53   Link #19033
tsunade666

Index was also being spoiled by the nuns in Angelican Church and indeed her yearly reset of memory totally wipes out her character. It only leaves necessary knowledge for her to survive and stay loyal to Necesarius.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:58   Link #19034
Phibrizzo
Honos628

If I am not wrong Index is actually older than Mikoto, Pedo priest Styl is 14 and index is suppose to be older than him.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:01   Link #19035
tsunade666

I don't remember Index age being mentioned. I thought she is around the same age as Mikoto.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:04   Link #19036
Sumeragi
Banned

Same or older. Definitely not younger.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:45   Link #19037
Miraluka
Banned

Mikoto is stated to be 14.
Index is described to be 14 or 15.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:20   Link #19038
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
If I am not wrong Index is actually older than Mikoto, Pedo priest Styl is 14 and index is suppose to be older than him.
I don't think he's a pedo-priest since he's technically younger. Not that it won't stop the cops from profiling...seriously puberty slapped him so hard with his growth spurt it makes Komoe seem normal.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:44   Link #19039
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I don't think he's a pedo-priest since he's technically younger. Not that it won't stop the cops from profiling...seriously puberty slapped him so hard with his growth spurt it makes Komoe seem normal.
Ahahahaha! ain't that the truth. I still find it hard to believe that he's 14. he looks and sounds like an adult which won't help his case if he gets picked up by police thinking he's a pedo.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-07-21, 02:24   Link #19040
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Come to think of it, if they were to hang around together Komoe-sensei should normally the one to be arrested, not Stiyl , the poor guy has it hard.
There should be a SS about Stiyl playing Basket ball, that'd be so awesome.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen