AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 13:33   Link #621
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

the myths right but often forced eventhough not appropriate enough.
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:05   Link #622
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Just watched ep 3, and it was a crap ton better than the first 2 imo. Some things were slightly different than the LN, but I can live with that. The pacing and explanations were just right. The main fight will be next episode.

About the myths...take the explanations with a grain of salt. They are usually interesting theories on how the myths came about, but there is no way to prove them in reality.
I'll have to agree with you about ep 3, it was much better than the first two in pacing and stuff, although there were some liberties taken.

As for the explanations about myths, I'd say it's probably 60-70% accurate based on conversations with my anthro/archae major friend. Which is really not too shabby at all!

PS: Also, they hint at him developing his "power of the ram" and other things that haven't been shown, so I'm not sure if they're still going to do a flashback arc with Salvatore Doni..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:10   Link #623
ookamigirl

Erica became popular fast.
Guess it was because she's a beautiful female foreigner ^^
She's also very clingy... which is making Mariya kinda jealous.
Kusanagi is pretty laid back for his part.
He's still not grasping the importance of his role.
Athena vs Erica & Kusanagi! That little girl sure had some serious power.
Her tactics was very interesting too.
It's a bit discouraging how he keeps getting killed pretty easily.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:33   Link #624
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Not THAT bad imo, decent music, battle was nice, and the pacing was fine for this episode which was a complete surprise considering i thought it would continue to go downhill. The kisses were a bit over the top though....

And poor Liliana, she is being totally butchered.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:47   Link #625
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:11   Link #626
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There no need to put information in the spoilers anymore, almost every free anime website has the episode. The explanation of Athena's birth and her powers are a bit brief, no it was very brief in the anime. Here is a somewhat better explanation, right from the Light Novel. There are a lot more concerning Athena, but it will spoil the ending of vol 1 for those who haven't read it.

Spoiler for Athena's explanation Light Novel:

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-20 at 15:26.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:41   Link #627
Kadi
知識の探求者

I'm kind of grateful they didn't include all of that... they've been talking all the time anyway. Talk and talk and *fell asleep*
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:45   Link #628
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It really interest me of what History says. Zeus impregnating Metis when he was a Fly. Kind of awkward when you think about it. Kadi, do you still think the character development in vol 2 for Yuri will still come true in the anime? They are changing a lot of things, but episode 3 at least showed some promise. Also, Lily isn't that weak she can cut through that barrier like butter with a hot knife. Also, I always imagine Yuri's angry voice would be intimidating like a Tiger Mom, didn't feel it in the episode. Felt more like a teenager with a tantrum.
Old 2012-07-20, 15:52   Link #629
Miraluka
Banned

That's the general impression I have of her from the LN its just she doesn't annoys me like Shizuk .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:55   Link #630
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Shizuki kind of intrigues me, the anime made her character somewhat correct. Blunt, Harsh, and no nonsense. She been describe to be like her mother in the Light Novel well in looks. From the Light Novel it seems like she is a Bro-Con. Haven't seen it yet however.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:17   Link #631
Miraluka
Banned

Not enough dere though.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:18   Link #632
Zakoo

Though the LN are pleasant to read, I find the anime quite ... poorly done.

Graphism wise, it's bad honestly? Mariya looks like nothing, you would put her aside other miko she wouldn't even stand up, she was supposed to have beauty equivaling Erica come on ...

Story wise ... Well talking about it here is forbidden but they messed up so badly...

Sigh, disappointing, I was hyped for the show but it's barely on the average. Maybe the only thing interesting will be volume 5 adapted trolololol.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 16:21   Link #633
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I thought so as well. Erica in her school uniform looked quite average and Yuri as well seems generic. I seen better animated girls on a worse anime show called Kampfer. This show had a lot of potential, if they didn't have enough time I would prefer if they would wait to make it into an anime show. The anime industry isn't as good as it once was in the early years of 2000. Quite sad to look at it now, could it have been the Earthquake that done it? Maybe not because anime before the Earthquakes were bad as well.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:35   Link #634
Miraluka
Banned

Mind is powerful guys. Kamper's original designs were horrible to begin with, heck they looked creepy aliens, Campione's original designs are not any better (only the coloring improved a bit in the last 2 volumes), even Ryuukishi007's Umineko designs are far better and more expressive.

Also, the anime was already on a dowhill even before the 2000 -____- .
Old 2012-07-20, 16:52   Link #635
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I swear both the anime and movie industry went bad at the same time. The only source of entertainment that actually improved is video games. Looks like Campione fell into the bad pile of anime, but I won't call it yet until I see something I really dislike.
Old 2012-07-20, 17:09   Link #636
Miraluka
Banned

Videogames improved? .
Ok, I won't talk about anime or videogames and tell you how the industry is currently doing, only just go and try them yourself on a regular or large number without affecting your daily life of course.
Old 2012-07-20, 17:13   Link #637
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
[...]Kadi, do you still think the character development in vol 2 for Yuri will still come true in the anime? They are changing a lot of things, but episode 3 at least showed some promise. [...]
... I don't know. Except for giving Lily a scene to go along with her and Bobby's earlier "introduction", it got closer to the novels, right? So maybe we will see a bit of her development. I still doubt it's going to be as funny and plain good as in the novels, though...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 19:00   Link #638
bimbim

Not bad, they managed to fit the differences from the LN quite nicely.
The episode itself mostly contain infodumps for the upcoming battle, a bit too much talk though.
Short fight was ok and the kiss was hot too
has Yuri met Liliana before? i guess they'll alter that part.
bimbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 19:10   Link #639
Miraluka
Banned

Tried to watch the episode a second and I felt so embarrased when certain people found me watching the episode on Tv just on the kissing part... why they didn't during the fight? IDWTLITWA ;____;
Old 2012-07-20, 20:22   Link #640
taichi-kun

Ep 3 was very good

But I don't know If they changed too many things from the novel ..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen