AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 73 46.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 37.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 9.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-22, 11:20   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Zero - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Addendum regarding Fate/Zero:
Please remember that, although Fate/Zero is chronologically the prequel of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, this series might be discovered by those who did not watch the previous series or read the Visual Novel.
Therefore, although events are likely to be connected with the story regarding the 5th Holy Grail War, please do not post any F/SN spoiler in any F/Z thread.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 11:28   Link #2
Auria

Again that looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong instance in the beginning where they are not changing angles at all.. I hope this won't become a weekly thing
The start of the episode was not that splendid imo (somehow the direction in the battle felt a bit off) but it turned out to be really interessting and well-animated when the Noble Phantasm was revealed and the following sequence really made up for it :3 They managed to show Saber's/Iris' struggles well there and it definitely increased the tension. Can't wait for next week, nyehe.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 11:29   Link #3
Nerroth
NePoi!

And once again, Rider steals the show! (And he's got great theme music, too.)
Old 2011-10-22, 11:45   Link #4
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Honestly, I'm disappointed by the fight and its animation. It was too jerky and we didn't have enough global view. It was either Lancer or Saber and because of that I was not able to really enjoy it and so enjoy this episode. Really disappointed because I was excepting much more from the studio. Honestly, I enjoyed more the fight in F/SN than this one...

I still give a 7/10 to this episode.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:20   Link #5
tsunade666

The episode felt like a slow paced fight. They did put all the explanation needed and didn't cut some slack on it but some animation part seems off. Like Rider's eye when his calling his chariot and the fight between saber and lancer is slow paced even though it should be fast paced. Well I still did enjoy the lolz face of Waver. It's always priceless and annoying at the same time. His face when Rider arrive and introduce himself was also priceless
Old 2011-10-22, 12:22   Link #6
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The episode felt like a slow paced fight. They did put all the explanation needed and didn't cut some slack on it but some animation part seems off. Like Rider's eye when his calling his chariot and the fight between saber and lancer is slow paced even though it should be fast paced. Well I still did enjoy the lolz face of Waver. It's always priceless and annoying at the same time. His face when Rider arrive and introduce himself was also priceless
Why did you put 10 then ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:31   Link #7
Lostdreams

Fate Zero is so good. Never fails to disappoint every week.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:42   Link #8
ShiroiRyu

Sorry if i love Rider, he is just so good.
And i'm more into big breasted womens but hey ... RIDER !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:45   Link #9
magnuskn

This was pretty damn excellent. So far, a real winner in this season. I hope it can keep up this quality.
Old 2011-10-22, 13:06   Link #10
hero147

Battle at the beginning was absolutely horrendous, though, it got a lot better as the episode went on. The beginning had too many random scenes which took away from the fluidity of the whole encounter.

I thought the Iskander and Waver scene slightly killed the mood of the battle. =(. But given the dialogue between them, I don't think it could've been helped.

Last edited by hero147; 2011-10-22 at 13:43.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:40   Link #11
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Honestly, I'm disappointed by the fight and its animation. It was too jerky and we didn't have enough global view. It was either Lancer or Saber and because of that I was not able to really enjoy it and so enjoy this episode. Really disappointed because I was excepting much more from the studio. Honestly, I enjoyed more the fight in F/SN than this one...

I still give a 7/10 to this episode.
I recommend you to go to stay night anime episode 3 and watch Lancer fight again. Then watch this again.

Compare.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:53   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Why did you put 10 then ?
Are you implying there's another option for Fate/Zero?

Granted I've voted 8/10 on every episode so far so I'm starting to wonder if there's another option out there myself. I've yet to be utterly overwhelmed by an episode, yet I've yet to see an episode I would describe as mediocre so that's far from a bad thing. I didn't come in with any sort of standard or expectations high or low though and my prior knowledge of this franchise is extremely limited at best so I'm still kind of feeling this franchise and the whole Type-Moon thing out. Will be interested to see what the battle is actually like tonight.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:08   Link #13
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
A non-boring action scene... that's something rare indeed. As for all those complains about the animation and direction, can you give some examples? I honestly fail to comprehend what was not like about the action.

Oh! and Alexander is such a cretin... belittling fair maidens (sorry Waver, but you need to find your testicles ASAP), parading his Noble Phantasm, and revealing his identity... I love him, but from a practical perspective... also the definition of IDIOT
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:08   Link #14
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Nice fight. Saber is still far too proud of a warrior I see.

So, if I read the situation correctly, Emiya decided to refrain from sniping Lancer's Master because you're not supposed to attack the Masters directly, and with Assassin watching, Emiya didn't want a witness to his deed. I further assume the Church/Judge must have some sort of power beyond simply telling people "You broke the rules, you lost". Thus, Maiya's suggestion she take out Assassin at the same time to remove the witness.

I imagine this surface-level politeness concerning not attacking Masters is going to be blown aside before this series ends.

I prefer to think of Alexander as courageous and supremely self-confident. We'll have to see if he's an idiot when he actually fights, and if his revealing his identity causes him to lose. Which, I doubt, since I expect everyone's identities to be revealed before they die. So, while the secrecy will serve as an effective storytelling tool in engaging the audience, on a practical level I don't think it really matters.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:15   Link #15
kari-no-sugata

I found this to be an enjoyable and thrilling fight orientated episode. Lots of nice strategic elements and technical factors. A good way to introduce Servant vs Servant battles... only for Rider to throw a chariot sized spanner in the works, hahah! For Rider having fun is clearly far more important than the Grail

You're an idiot but we love you all the more for it.
Old 2011-10-22, 14:38   Link #16
purdre

Yeah, rider is greatest character in fate/zero I think.
purdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:39   Link #17
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
So, if I read the situation correctly, Emiya decided to refrain from sniping Lancer's Master because you're not supposed to attack the Masters directly, and with Assassin watching, Emiya didn't want a witness to his deed.
Well, no. The subs seemed to imply that Assassin was too strong/dangerous to try and take out. He was still okay with take out Archbald, it's just that he didn't get a chance to.

Anyways, another great episode. Though I call hax on Lancer having two Noble Phantisms, one of which that can stop any wounds from healing.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:42   Link #18
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Well, no. The subs seemed to imply that Assassin was too strong/dangerous to try and take out. He was still okay with take out Archbald, it's just that he didn't get a chance to.
But, he did. He explicitly changes their plan to one of simple observation when he realized they were being watched.

Now, I'll drop this subject since I realize novel readers will likely be unable to restrain themselves and spoil it all.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:49   Link #19
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
But, he did. He explicitly changes their plan to one of simple observation when he realized they were being watched.

Now, I'll drop this subject since I realize novel readers will likely be unable to restrain themselves and spoil it all.
If Assassin is watching, then sniping Kayneth would give his and Maiya's position away, then they'd have to deal with Assassin, which as he said, they weren't capable of doing. They were afraid of leaving themselves open to Assassin's counterattack.

Targeting an enemy master is a totally legit strategy and one would be foolish to avoid doing so *coughShiroucough*. That's why they're all hiding in the first place.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 15:12   Link #20
ReddyRedWolf

Got to give it to Iskandar. He wants to fight all of them at once!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote