AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 09:33   Link #2141
JokerD

Now I'm kind of worried about the episode preview since it seems to show a 'construction in progress' scenes. Maybe some parts are not completed yet. Makes me worry about the animation quality for the next one...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 10:30   Link #2142
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Now I'm kind of worried about the episode preview since it seems to show a 'construction in progress' scenes. Maybe some parts are not completed yet. Makes me worry about the animation quality for the next one...
This is not SHAFT where shots like that in their shows literally do mean the cut isn't complete. It just means there really is a construction site in the next episode and if you haven't noticed by now whoever does the previews loves screwing around with the way they play out.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:07   Link #2143
tucodon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
any gif of 'fake' chi-chan's combo attack?
Spoiler for here you go :D :
tucodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:13   Link #2144
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
You could've fooled me. There's not much development for plot or characters besides the store attack and Suzuno's reveal in episode 8.
Yes, because we don't need to fool you when you're doing it to yourself first.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 17:16   Link #2145
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Dark Lord Fulfills His Duty

Yes, an episode of both epic proportions spiced with epic slapstickness.

Maou only in boxers sure put Chiho in the hots at first, but she quickly snapped out into bizarre outrage.

Not to mention that Archangel Sariel is such a pervert, that he got the brunt of the names from both Chiho and Emi.

Orba could have seen his Angel of the Heavens go through with the Maou and witnessing the destruction of Japan by Divine Intervention, but thanks that Lucifer double-crossed him.

The fight without a full moon meant serious business for Sariel with a powered-up Maou going bananas on him, particularly for putting to danger the life of one of his employees as the supervisor manager in turn. Of course, Chiho took that statement much to her chagrin about Maou's density of her feelings toward him.

The Akuma vs Angel confrontation featured in this episode reminds me to a vague level about the last confrontation from Kuroshitsuji first season.

Basically, in both we have Sebastian and Maou (demons) who are more than glad to beat the crap out of Angels, which in both were Ash and Sariel.
Both demons used their true forms, although Sebastian always remained hidden from the camera, and they nuke out the Angels from the face of the Earth.

The angels featured in both shows display somewhat erratic behavior and creepy obsessions, although I think Sariel was not an obsession, but simply he became too much evil:
1. Ash bid for a world rid of unclealiness and uncleaned ones.
2. Sariel conspired to get rid of the Maou even if the end justified all possible means, meaning that Heaven might be cruel.

Both angelic guys featured and posessed their proper brand of pervertedness:
1. Ash, I won't go into details for that would be spoiler.
2. Sariel, well he got curious to go back to Ente Isla or the Heaven taking Chiho along with him in order to probe her how come a human fell of her own volition to the Dark Lord. With Emi he was forced to resort into attempting to physically extract the Better Half from Emi's body.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:04   Link #2146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really wonder how Emi and Maou didn't destroy their planet in their final battle. If you consider the power Maou is displaying and figure how powerful Emi is at 100% there would have been some insane powers ready for use .

It was good fun watching Maou just knock Sariel around. He used some entertaining attacks and did a good job just completely dominating that fight. The trick of turning into Chiho and beating the snot out of him was pretty fun in and of itself. Too bad Emi didn't get to do anything but get tortured, but that's how it goes with this kind of opponent.

Props to Lucifer though. Actually using Orga to gather enough energy to power Maou up. I guess Lucifer has found his place and is happy with it.

Rough night on Emi. Tortured for quite a while and having to take a ton of abuse in regards to her size....Not a day she'll remember fondly.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:54   Link #2147
The Green One

Well for Emi it's no wonder she lost, Sariel's powerset basically made him her natural enemy. Yep rough day indeed, too worn out from all the torture to bicker with Maou with her usual spirit. Maou's turn into Chiho trick surprised me pretty good the first time I watched the episode which happened to be the raw. Lucifier planned that trick he pulled on Orba pretty well, guess he wasn't a demon general for show. Poor stupid Orba, thinking he could just repick up his pawn as if nothing had ever happened.

Maou and Emi's world was protected by the standard RPG cliches and tropes. Destroy the world spell? No problem! Just 1k-2k damage on all enemy targets!
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:55   Link #2148
Forever
Revealing the truth

For someone who is totally drained, emi sure can whop a slap...

To slap so hard enough for a mark appear on a reinforced magically charged Maou face, I mean sariel didnt scratch maou in that form...
Old 2013-06-22, 21:01   Link #2149
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Must say Maou knows how to fight taking his clothes off first then losing them in a fight
Old 2013-06-23, 01:49   Link #2150
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
For someone who is totally drained, emi sure can whop a slap...

To slap so hard enough for a mark appear on a reinforced magically charged Maou face, I mean sariel didnt scratch maou in that form...
Really!?

I thought we should had taken Emi's threat on Sariel too seriously when the latter commented to Chiho that he's not that interested in girls with endowed breasts.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 02:46   Link #2151
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
Whenever I see full powered Satan, all i can think about is when Nagasumi goes into Kenshiro mode.
YEA, shoutouts to Seto no Hanayome! One of the best romantic comedy anime ever.

Shame there weren't more scenes of Maou beating the crap out of Sariel with his fists.
Old 2013-06-23, 03:03   Link #2152
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I really wonder how Emi and Maou didn't destroy their planet in their final battle. If you consider the power Maou is displaying and figure how powerful Emi is at 100% there would have been some insane powers ready for use .
I'm surprised Maou didn't just up and blow up his entire stronghold back in Ente Isla during that fight.
Old 2013-06-23, 03:05   Link #2153
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
James, you were a terrible terrible villain.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:29   Link #2154
JokerD

It's kind of late, but can I request for a avatar gif of Chiho's reaction from ep 8 to Suzuno hearing her confession to Maou?
8:39 to 8:42

Thank you...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:47   Link #2155
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
Whenever I see full powered Satan, all i can think about is when Nagasumi goes into Kenshiro mode.
I thought I was alone with that.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:19   Link #2156
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
James, you were a terrible terrible villain.
It was a given, since "Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light".
Old 2013-06-23, 15:14   Link #2157
askara

funny eps but quite a few point doesnt make sense

nurse dont give a shit about knock out officier or patient.
moon pull toward earth will create massive tsunami and destroy the world
Sariel shoot fricking beam and blow apart building and no one dies?i mean repairing build is one thing but people?
weaken emil slap full power maou leave marking
pretty sure his cloths and uniform both got destroyed, actually why did he take it off if he use magic to fix stuff?

haha well this is anime i guess
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 18:14   Link #2158
SQA

Oh, on the knocked out Police officer, I think it's just a confirmation that it was James that "hid" the MgRonald's via magic. The nurse didn't see him because of something Olba cast.

At least, that's how I took it.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 18:37   Link #2159
Cadallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Oh, on the knocked out Police officer, I think it's just a confirmation that it was James that "hid" the MgRonald's via magic. The nurse didn't see him because of something Olba cast.

At least, that's how I took it.
Wizard did it.
Cadallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 19:16   Link #2160
shadow1296

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work