AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-05-10, 03:34   Link #1721
Geburah

I just noticed thatn Asuna look like a child when Iincho was a child too. That may mean that either the flashbacks happened a little before the Nagi´s "death" (in that case she truly is 15 years) or either her growing was halted for some reason and resumed later
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 15:50   Link #1722
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
I just noticed thatn Asuna look like a child when Iincho was a child too. That may mean that either the flashbacks happened a little before the Nagi´s "death" (in that case she truly is 15 years) or either her growing was halted for some reason and resumed later
She looks like a child in all of her flashbacks prior to coming to the "real world" which I assume cover at least a 10-year period (due to what I mentioned before). I'm not sure why she didn't appear to grow for that time but appears to have grown normally once coming to the real world. Perhaps it has something to do with whatever was done to her to remove her memories of that time? That's just complete speculation though.

I assume we'll eventually find out what's the deal. Well, hopefully... ><;
Rehwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 23:29   Link #1723
Asrialys

Perhaps she's artificial. A "test tube" child of magic, created for a purpose. She may have magically aged or her makeup allowed her to age to the point at which Nagi found her. While she was with Nagi, she didn't age. Nagi's group went through all the trouble of saving/protecting her, thus bringing about its eventual breakup. At some point before disappearing into the Non-Magic World, Nagi might have "fixed" Asuna, allowing her to age and live a normal life.
Old 2008-05-11, 03:31   Link #1724
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Perhaps she's artificial. A "test tube" child of magic, created for a purpose. She may have magically aged or her makeup allowed her to age to the point at which Nagi found her. While she was with Nagi, she didn't age. Nagi's group went through all the trouble of saving/protecting her, thus bringing about its eventual breakup. At some point before disappearing into the Non-Magic World, Nagi might have "fixed" Asuna, allowing her to age and live a normal life.
The notion that she was a being somehow created by a method involving magic did cross my mind as well, actually. She could have been potentially been created in order to use the Magic Null ability for defense in the war or something. The fact she's heterochromatic (different eye colors) could also be a hint that perhaps both ki and magic were involved, which could potentially explain why she's so good at kanka. Still, these theories is just complete guesses at this point, and I don't like to do that... too much.
Old 2008-05-11, 13:45   Link #1725
AlaAlba

Quote:
Perhaps she's artificial. A "test tube" child of magic, created for a purpose.
1 thing I would really hate to happen in this arc, if that guess of yours were right, Asuna turn evil and tries to kill negi and friends in the end.

this kind of plot is just boring and I really mad knowing chidori turned evil, or should I say resided with the bad guys, in the last seconds because of that now I dont really like FMP again...
I hope akamatsu wont do that
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 14:18   Link #1726
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
1 thing I would really hate to happen in this arc, if that guess of yours were right, Asuna turn evil and tries to kill negi and friends in the end.

this kind of plot is just boring and I really mad knowing chidori turned evil, or should I say resided with the bad guys, in the last seconds because of that now I dont really like FMP again...
I hope akamatsu wont do that
Talk about major spoilers from the FMP novels, lol.

Anyways, I doubt something like that would happen with Asuna. If anything, she'd just be rather shocked and have some personal/emotional problems, especially if she suddenly remembered her sadness at Gatou's death and Nagi's disappearance.
Old 2008-05-11, 15:12   Link #1727
Asrialys

Spoiler for should possible plot-lines be in spoilers?:
Old 2008-05-12, 10:34   Link #1728
Rehwyn

Quote:
Spoiler for should possible plot-lines be in spoilers?:
I don't think possible plot theories need to be in spoilers since they're just that: theories. That's an interesting idea you mention regarding her possibly somehow still being bound by her past, though I think those ties would have been broken when she was recovered by Nagi.

Oh by the way, I was rereading some old chapters last night and think I found pretty decent evidence demonstrating that time doesn't flow differently in the magic world compared to the real world.

1) 25 years ago (in the real world), Nagi was 10 years old when he won the Mahora martial arts tournament.

2) 20 years ago (in the magic world), Nagi was 15 years old when he was involved in the war.

Now, if time flowed differently in the magic world compared to the real world, those two dates and ages wouldn't match up.

Here's an example of what I mean (supposing time flows twice as fast in the magic world): If Nagi had gone over to the magic world between the age of 10-15 (20-25 years ago in the real world), it would have been 40-50 years ago in the magic world, far too early. If Nagi had stayed in the real world all that time until right before the magic war (10 years ago in the real world), he would have been 25 at the time of the war in the magic world, far too old.

Now, I just arbitrarily chose "twice as fast," but the same idea holds for any number. It's impossible for Nagi to be 15 at the time of the war in the magic world if time flows faster there; he'd always end up being older than 15.
Old 2008-05-12, 16:19   Link #1729
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehwyn View Post
Nothing in 169 definitively
3) In 169, when the spirit cannon shots disappear (assumedly due to Asuna's magic cancelling ability), someone comments, "it wasn't the capitol's magic barrier?!". In 197, Asakura notes that Ostia was the capitol up until the war 20 years ago and that it is now ruins. This strongly hints that this flashback is of a battle involving Ostia during the war 20 years ago.
Quote:
She looks like a child in all of her flashbacks prior to coming to the "real world" which I assume cover at least a 10-year period (due to what I mentioned before). I'm not sure why she didn't appear to grow for that time but appears to have grown normally once coming to the real world. Perhaps it has something to do with whatever was done to her to remove her memories of that time? That's just complete speculation though.
I ve just read that chapter again and yeah now I think that Asuna is older than she looks. and with the fact that she didnt appear to grow in the 10 years span of her journey with nagi and co made me think that she somehow is similar to Eva in which she have an eternal life.
Nagi & co' purpose on their 10 years journey would be to find the cure of this Asuna's "eternal life". and maybe they succeed on it since Asuna started to grow normally from 10 years ago.

Quote:
The notion that she was a being somehow created by a method involving magic did cross my mind as well, actually. She could have been potentially been created in order to use the Magic Null ability for defense in the war or something. The fact she's heterochromatic (different eye colors) could also be a hint that perhaps both ki and magic were involved, which could potentially explain why she's so good at kanka. Still, these theories is just complete guesses at this point, and I don't like to do that... too much.
and again from that chapter i read something about "wide area magic reduction", the spirit cannon shots dissappear because of this technology, which was used by that little kingdom. and this kingdom were using asuna on this technology, who knows from when Asuna was used by them, maybe she s even older than Eva. maybe this kingdom stopped Asuna's growth so they can use her power forever.

and from chapter 209, we know that Fate's purpose is to control all the magic power in magic world. the guy in the hood said something that until the magic power filled up it ll need another 3 weeks... maybe Fate destroyed all the gate to make the magic power currents go all the way to Ostia, the only gate that have left.
and then Ostia would be the perfect place to use that "wide area magic reduction" thingy once again. and to do this he have to use Asuna's power. NOOOO!!!!

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2008-05-12 at 16:39.
Old 2008-05-12, 16:53   Link #1730
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
I ve just read that chapter again and yeah now I think that Asuna is older than she looks. and with the fact that she didnt appear to grow in the 10 years span of her journey with nagi and co made me think that she somehow is similar to Eva in which she have an eternal life.
Nagi & co' purpose on their 10 years journey would be to find the cure of this Asuna's "eternal life". and maybe they succeed on it since Asuna started to grow normally from 10 years ago.

and again from that chapter i read something about "wide area magic reduction", the spirit cannon shots dissappear because of this technology, which was used by that little kingdom. and this kingdom were using asuna on this technology, who knows from when Asuna was used by them, maybe she s even older than Eva. maybe this kingdom stopped Asuna's growth so they can use her power forever.

and from chapter 209, we know that Fate's purpose is to control all the magic power in magic world. the guy in the hood said something that until the magic power filled up it ll need another 3 weeks... maybe Fate destroyed all the gate to make the magic power currents go all the way to Ostia, the only gate that have left.
and then Ostia would be the perfect place to use that "wide area magic reduction" thingy once again. and to do this he have to use Asuna's power. NOOOO!!!!
I think there might be something like "eternal life" involved with Asuna too and personally can't wait to find out all the missing details regarding her past. I think you're also probably right that Asuna was a part of that country for a while beforehand, since the people seemed to recognize that it was due to her intervention the magic cannons didn't work, which seems to imply she'd been around at least long enough for people to know she can do that sort of thing.

That's an interesting theory regarding Fate's plans and potentially involving Asuna. When he ambushed Negi, he said it was complete coincidence that they were both there at the same time, but who knows? He could easily have been lying.

Just a few more days until 213 and more Yue... can't wait!
Old 2008-05-12, 17:40   Link #1731
AlaAlba

Quote:
That's an interesting theory regarding Fate's plans and potentially involving Asuna. When he ambushed Negi, he said it was complete coincidence that they were both there at the same time, but who knows? He could easily have been lying.

Just a few more days until 213 and more Yue... can't wait!
yeah but there s contradiction on how he send Tsukuyomi to keep tracking Asuna's(and konoka) movement all along. if he dont care about them he wont do that. maybe it s something in his plan which is connecting with asuna.
and I wanna know also about the gate at ostia, if it were a gate to the real world then where the exit would be? maybe the exit is Mahora Gakuen the place where asuna he thought is at. well, now it is not that important since asuna is in the magic world.

chap 213 , me too. a few more days? you mean tomorrow?

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2008-05-12 at 18:01.
Old 2008-05-12, 18:17   Link #1732
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

exit is in Eishuns basement
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 02:18   Link #1733
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Exit is Mahora's bathroom. Damn peeping tom.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 16:24   Link #1734
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
exit is in Eishuns basement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Exit is Mahora's bathroom. Damn peeping tom.
Both are good options~

On a side note, 213 raw is out for those of you that are interested. Makes me wish I could read Japanese. ><;;
Old 2008-05-14, 10:18   Link #1735
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Yue 1 - Dragon 0
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:05   Link #1736
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Isn't that a griffin?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 16:57   Link #1737
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
>Isn't that a griffin?

It's griffin dragon. Don't ask me how it's possible...
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 17:18   Link #1738
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, when a griffin mommy and a daddy dragon love each other very much...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 17:20   Link #1739
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
>Isn't that a griffin?

It's griffin dragon. Don't ask me how it's possible...
i see someone who never read the Xanth series
Old 2008-05-14, 18:11   Link #1740
mdauben

I just finished looking through the RAW for Ch 213, and I can't wait until these last two chapters get scanlated. Both look exciting, and I can't wait to get a clearer idea of exactly what it happening.

Tags
action, fantasy