AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-09, 22:18   Link #1
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Licensed Anime on Animesuki?

This might be a stupid question but did animesuki change their none licensed anime policy? As far as I know, Hikaru no Go has been licensed and I noticed that animesuki still has the links up for the torrents...not only that, in fact I see good number of these which I thought was licensed...any ideas?
Old 2004-05-09, 22:23   Link #2
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
This might be a stupid question but did animesuki change their none licensed anime policy? As far as I know, Hikaru no Go has been licensed and I noticed that animesuki still has the links up for the torrents...not only that, in fact I see good number of these which I thought was licensed...any ideas?

Dont worry it will be removed asap
Old 2004-05-09, 22:37   Link #3
haren

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
HNG was determaned to not be lisenced shortly after thanksgiving due to post over at Animeondvd. The licence list has even updated on their page

As for other series that are licenced that are up on suki, as far as i know there arent any (ova's, movies, and LA's are serperate licences so unless the company licences these as well they dont hold the us licence. [Ex: NGE was licenced by ADV, then the movie and ova were licenced later by Manga]). I''d double check AODvD's list and suki's licenced list, and if you find one show links to where the announcement and/or news of licence (Newtype has announced two titles before the press releases).
Old 2004-05-10, 03:15   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

The only indication that Viz had the license for the Hikaru no Go anime was from the
American Go Association. And we can't be sure they know the difference between manga
and anime all to well. In the mean while, Viz has only denied, not confirmed the
license themselves (which is what was on AnimeOnDVD).

In conclusion, Hikaru no Go was considered licensed (and also removed from AnimeSuki)
at some time, but just like One Piece, it is considered not licensed at the present moment.
Old 2004-05-10, 07:30   Link #5
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

oh thx for clearing that up. I wasnt trying to criticize you guys or anything but I was just wondering if you had changed your policy or something. Ja Nei
Closed Thread