AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-11-16, 00:36   Link #41
Kyomi
What do I know?

Meh, not really because after a series just comes another one, no time to be sad >
Old 2007-11-16, 00:37   Link #42
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

I got depressed after Haruhi cuz I couldn't watch anymore XD that was before I was nearly as much of an otaku, though, and wasn't watching more than 1 show. That's probably the only one where I wasn't sad because of the actual happenings in the show.
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 01:56   Link #43
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

In the End Hana Yori Dango...
I get sad for several Days ....In the End Of anime I cried A lot .....This the best anime Ever.....
and Has the Great ending....
Old 2007-11-17, 08:54   Link #44
syaoxsaku

Oh definitely. After a good anime, I'll usually get sad. Sometimes a few tears spill out of my eyes too. o__o; My mother will always ask why I'm sad, but it's just embarassing to say why. Only other anime fans would understand. x33
Yeah, I feel like I got to really love the characters, and yeah, I want my life to be as interesting as theirs. -strongly agrees-
syaoxsaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 11:03   Link #45
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoxsaku View Post
Oh definitely. After a good anime, I'll usually get sad. Sometimes a few tears spill out of my eyes too. o__o; My mother will always ask why I'm sad, but it's just embarassing to say why. Only other anime fans would understand. x33
Yeah, I feel like I got to really love the characters, and yeah, I want my life to be as interesting as theirs. -strongly agrees-
I feel the same ...when something Funny happened in anime And I laugh out loud ...
every one in the room ask me (r u crazy?) ...

Or when something very sad Happened I cry....(Are you Idiot...Cry over small thing..)
That what I hear from my family.....They Don't understand my felling...
Old 2007-11-19, 08:34   Link #46
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

When my favorite anime come to an end, it makes me sad.....
Kuro no Keiyakusha makes me sad a bit....
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:39   Link #47
AkasuraBoshi

GTO left me with a great and somewhat ... whats the word when you look back upon memories and are in a way happy? not sure how to describe it. it was a there he goes to continue influencing the world feel...

Angel Beats left me completely empty in a sense, i was trying to absorb everything that happened.and it was kinda hard to believe the series actually ended, i felt the same about GTO too.

Code Geass made me feel pretty sad and unable to completely comprehend what was happened. (good ending)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann made me feel happy and kind of feel you get when you see your favorite character in the future and seeing how they have grown and etc etc.im really bad at describing things
Eureka Seven left me with a awww in a happy kind of mood. very beautiful ending and i was like simply amazing.
School rumble OAV of season 3 that was canceled left me with a is that it feel... the main character accomplished nothing at all after 3 seasons. never said i love you to the girl he likes for all i know since s3 was canceled(the ova of s3 consists of the last 2 episodes of season 3). a sad and unaccomplished feel.
To sum it all up ive felt many kinds of sadness in all different kinds of anime, from plain sad, to unaccomplished sad, to happy and a melancholic feel, and to a Ah... there they go kinda sad feel. Anime is truly a great thing.
AkasuraBoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 05:17   Link #48
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Code Geass This anime was so great with all the plot twists that it was hard to break away from it..

Clannad This anime had the best character developments... That it was to hard to want to leave this anime

Angel Beats! With all the characters going away and all the enjoyment they brought to this anime's universe was just making me think they would have made a season 2 : /

Elfen Lied I really did wish they could have made a few OVA's for this anime... Just leaving it like that is just sad..

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-15 at 17:33.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:05   Link #49
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Does no one read the opening posts anymore ? It clearly says that when the anime characters or the universe is so great and you get attached to it, you will feel sad for '' leaving it ''.. NOT sad in a way when anime ending is sad/depressed or whatever.

And yeah, I definitely have. Though not as much sad as just I get this empty feeling once I've finished truly awesome series. Mostly happens when I download some anime that has finished airing and watch it in nearly one go .. Then it's like '' It's already over D: ''. Doesn't usually happen with anime that I follow weekly as it feels it lasts '' longer '' since its 1 ep per week.

Most recent ones that made me feel this way would be the whole Nanoha franchise and Samurai Champloo.
Old 2010-08-15, 12:47   Link #50
MadPanda

The person who described that feeling of 'emptiness'--yeah, that's what I feel. Not so much sadness...especially when I've been having so much fun with the characters, and they have to go. It's like your little visit to your friend's far off country is about to end, but you don't wanna go just yet.

K-On!'s first season had me like that. The scene of the door of the music room and the camera moving away from it...I was like, "but they're still there! Wait!" Glad there's a second season!

The end of Simoun had me like that too...wondering what was really the deal with Nevirill and Aaeru dancing in shadow...where they alive? Where they ghosts? Tell me more!!

Nana - it's sad when you KNOW there's a lot more going on, but they won't tell you.

And any anime that has a "happy ending" never seems to be happy enough! (Kimi ni Todoke, Sasameki Koto, etc.)

===
MadPanda...(or maybe I'm just greedy)...
MadPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 17:20   Link #51
Stealther

Aria is the latest series that left me empty, probably. Imagine there will be no more. Sad, isn't it.

Otherwise Honey and Clover of course.
Stealther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 17:23   Link #52
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Does no one read the opening posts anymore ? It clearly says that when the anime characters or the universe is so great and you get attached to it, you will feel sad for '' leaving it ''.. NOT sad in a way when anime ending is sad/depressed or whatever.

And yeah, I definitely have. Though not as much sad as just I get this empty feeling once I've finished truly awesome series. Mostly happens when I download some anime that has finished airing and watch it in nearly one go .. Then it's like '' It's already over D: ''. Doesn't usually happen with anime that I follow weekly as it feels it lasts '' longer '' since its 1 ep per week.

Most recent ones that made me feel this way would be the whole Nanoha franchise and Samurai Champloo.
Well then the only anime that would be taken out is "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" All the other animes I posted were actually more of me being sad about the characters after all the things that happened.

:Editing the previous post to more reasonable sad reasons for departing from the anime after reading the first post.

Also a lot of people read the first post, but many skip it as well. I just misunderstood the majority of things
Old 2010-08-15, 18:54   Link #53
the hispanic viewer

I havnt seen the whole anime but in Elfen Lied when those kids killed that dog..that was just wrong man :/. For some reason that seems more messed up then the brutal killings in the series, I dont know why
Old 2010-08-15, 19:00   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hispanic viewer View Post
I havnt seen the whole anime but in Elfen Lied when those kids killed that dog..that was just wrong man :/. For some reason that seems more messed up then the brutal killings in the series, I dont know why
Probably the fact that "Kids" Who just want to bully Lucy for having strange ears, kill a "Dog" just for the general reason to make Lucy cry. While all the brutal killings were just due to the fact that Lucy just hates humans in total.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-15 at 19:28.
Old 2010-08-15, 19:36   Link #55
the hispanic viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Probably the fact that "Kids" Who just want to bully Lucy for having strange ears, kill a "Dog" just for the general reason to make Lucy cry. While all the brutal killings were just due to the fact that Lucy just hates humans in total.
Ya thats the most disturbing part. Especially since that part is something that can happen in real life and I have actually heard stories similiar to that. Its just sad.
Old 2010-08-17, 08:13   Link #56
Aka_Tsuki
NPC

I get sad when I finish a good anime because I wanted it to continue on and on. For example, I just finished "Samurai Champloo" yesterday and now wishing I had the power to erase my own memory so I can rewatch =)
Old 2010-08-17, 14:09   Link #57
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Haha that's exactly what I felt too with Samurai Champloo as I also described above... Erasing memory would be nice thing xD..

It was so good, that I watched it all in one go D:.
Old 2010-08-17, 23:48   Link #58
XGeneral2000

I generally don't get sad that a show ends, because everything good has to end for it to stay good. My impression of an anime comes from the entire experience, beginning to end, and without an end, it feels incomplete (not to mention that if a show goes on beyond what its story allows, it quickly becomes tiring and filler-y). I'm often rather wary of multiple seasons as a result, especially of the series I liked, because too often, it's a result of the producers wanting to continue milking a franchise without any good content to go on. It's kind of like awesome cake - if there's one serving of it, you finish it, and you can remember how good it was. But if it's endless, you get sick of it, puke it up later, and vow never to eat cake again. On the other hand, there are series I thought was too short (bite-size cake sucks too).

Better to fondly remember a show wishing it was longer than bitterly remembering it going downhill after episode 60.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 05:43   Link #59
raduccio

To answer the OP:
Yeah sure, if it's a downer ending or even a happy ending to a depressing show... I also get sad/depressed after I finish shows that I love.
raduccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 11:20   Link #60
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Actually, quite the opposite. Usually after the exciting and thrilling climax of a great film, video game or anime, I'm totally pumped up. But this may be due to the sort of things I typically watch and play.

Yeah, I get a little low knowing that the game/film/anime/etc is over and there's no more left, but I get over that quickly.

Tags
anime, discussion