AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 12:23   Link #41
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
totoum

You are a bit wrong here. He was the main director on Natsu no Arashi 2 and one of the Hidamari Sketch seasons.
Well he got to be "series director" on both but Shinbo is still the top boss and gets director credit.

Quote:
And IMHO it's a bit strange to judge of the studio because of staff cause most of the directors and scriptwriters are unrelated to any studio.
Just to be clear I didn't mean to say I though this would be a shaft show because the director has worked at shaft but just that whatever studio ended up producing it it'd be interesting to see if the shaft influence will shows because of the director having worked there.For example earlier this year Sankarea was produced by Deen but the director was from shaft and it showed in the directing style.
Old 2012-10-27, 16:30   Link #42
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well he got to be "series director" on both but Shinbo is still the top boss and gets director credit.
Shinbo is the main man in SHAft. But a lot of SHAft series were co-directed by Shinbo and one of his apprentices(different ones for different series). And it's wrong not to call someone "director" because he made half of the job while other half was made by Shinbo. It's not the case than someone is ep. director or series director(which in fact is more like supervisor)
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:01   Link #43
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Website has actually opened/ been updated
http://www.hatsunejima.com/

The first episode is screened on 24th december as a pre-broadcast in Akihabara, but i doubt (m)any of us will be able to see that.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:07   Link #44
Snuffle
likes cute things

Is there any news on how long this is going to be? I can't imagine it being 1-cour.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:14   Link #45
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Maybe due to the timing of D.C. III p2 and the psp port next year, it might be 2 cour or split cour like what people did with D.C. II anime. Because i don't think it will be 1 cour based on the content. As for actual facts, i don't think it has been posted anywhere how long it will be.
Old 2012-11-22, 11:57   Link #46
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And what about the studio? Still unknown or is it some beginners in industry?
Old 2012-11-22, 12:04   Link #47
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
And what about the studio? Still unknown or is it some beginners in industry?
The staff page mentions 風見学園公式動画部 for the animation
Old 2012-11-24, 22:58   Link #48
Shimapan
Try me! <3

I'm so claiming Rikka here!

Also, Himeno reminds me of Nemu from earlier Da Capo:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...ter&charid=703
Old 2012-11-24, 23:00   Link #49
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Maybe due to the timing of D.C. III p2 and the psp port next year, it might be 2 cour or split cour like what people did with D.C. II anime.
Indeed. Da Capo II is the oldest example of a split cour anime I can think of, actually, preceding The World God Only Knows by a few years (which is what popularized the trend).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 17:33   Link #50
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I think Charles is gonna get me to watch this.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 20:04   Link #51
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I think Charles is gonna get me to watch this.
"Charles" is good, but Rikka is even better
Plus she has overknee socks to boot

btw, while it's nice that they named a girl after Charles Darwin, the father of the theory of evolution, someone should've told them that "Charles" is a name for *men* only XD
Old 2012-12-09, 21:35   Link #52
Snuffle
likes cute things

In literal Japanese "Charles" is pronounced as "Sharuru" which is what I prefer to call her. It sounds so much more cuter and girly than "Charles," which just irks me since she's so pretty. Besides, when hearing all the characters voices calling her Sharuru from the VN, it kinda became a habit for me to think that's her name rather than the translated version.

Sharuru, Sara, and Aoi (in that order) are my main reasons for anticipating this show, it's on my "must watch" list for next season.
Old 2012-12-10, 21:42   Link #53
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
In literal Japanese "Charles" is pronounced as "Sharuru" which is what I prefer to call her. It sounds so much more cuter and girly than "Charles," which just irks me since she's so pretty. Besides, when hearing all the characters voices calling her Sharuru from the VN, it kinda became a habit for me to think that's her name rather than the translated version.
Yes, calling her "Sharuru" is probably the best thing to do to preserve your sanity
Old 2012-12-15, 08:28   Link #54
sky black swordman

Old 2012-12-15, 10:44   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nice PV, but not promising much to me. To be honest though, I'm never a big fan of DC. Years ago, a friend of mine gave me the fansub of many (if not all) DC anime series when I was in college, and I watched them when I’m bored or had to stay in the dorm without any other means of entertainment. I thought it has so-so characters and generic animation. It has interesting plot but the execution is less than stellar (especially the first series).

Anyway, I guess I’ll check this out when I have nothing else better to do (just like how I watch the previous series). I think this anime kinda become a guilty-pleasure for me XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
In literal Japanese "Charles" is pronounced as "Sharuru" which is what I prefer to call her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Yes, calling her "Sharuru" is probably the best thing to do to preserve your sanity
Oh, I'm gonna call her "Char" coz it sounds badass just like a certain character from a certain mecha series.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:36   Link #56
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I hope they notice the error on Himeno's ribbon on her uniform, it's suppose to be red, not aqua (at 0:06). Also, her hair ribbon is a shade (or two) lighter than it's suppose to be, I noticed that right away, it felt so off. But anyways... It's looking great, 15 seconds is not enough of a preview for me... At least give me 30.
Old 2012-12-15, 13:37   Link #57
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
"Charles" is good, but Rikka is even better
Plus she has overknee socks to boot

btw, while it's nice that they named a girl after Charles Darwin, the father of the theory of evolution, someone should've told them that "Charles" is a name for *men* only XD
Charles is indeed her name and it's a male name, but there's a reason for that. That being said, I prefer Char or Sharuru instead XD
Old 2012-12-15, 22:01   Link #58
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Charles is indeed her name and it's a male name, but there's a reason for that. That being said, I prefer Char or Sharuru instead XD
It had better be a damn good reason.

Somehow this reminds me of "Charles" (Charlotte) from IS:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...r&charid=20533

The IS-Charles had a very good reason for the male name, she was disguising herself as a boy.
Here however, the "Charles" looks 100% like a girl (unless she is actually a he and only disguising herself, but it doesn't look like that).
Most likely, whoever picked "Charles" as name for a girl didn't have the slightest clue that it's a men-only name.
Old 2012-12-15, 22:32   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Most likely, whoever picked "Charles" as name for a girl didn't have the slightest clue that it's a men-only name.
That’s most likely the case.

The reverse also happens to some male Gundam pilots. There are guys who’re named Agnes and Courtney (I ignore Camille since they use that girly name on purpose to “humiliate” the male MC ).
Old 2012-12-16, 01:52   Link #60
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And the studio is still unknown. They just put "Kazami Gakuen' in this position on official site.