AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-23, 22:22   Link #41
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

The show ended better than I thought.
I still think this whole pseudo harem thing was pointless and wase a huge waste of time, and despite all the development Yuuya x Yui got in this show, nothing cam out of it. Disapointing.
I guess this anime was just promotion for the LN/VN. Hope it is better than this adaption.

This show gets from me an overall 7,5/10.
Old 2012-12-23, 22:22   Link #42
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyat View Post
Spoiler for Someone dying:
Good eye. I thought I saw a human figure in there..
Old 2012-12-23, 22:39   Link #43
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
..Scarface.
Figured none of the main characters after episode 2 would die.

Can't have a post-episode 2 episode of Total Eclipse actually be ambitious or suspenseful now.
Old 2012-12-23, 22:46   Link #44
Hakumen
Sankishin

Quote:
You have good eyes. Probably one of her sisters instead of a clone.
Old 2012-12-23, 22:47   Link #45
yankky5

Quote:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh??!!!!! G-Good.... i mean very impressive!!!
And how dare they clone our little Cheburashka

BTW looks like my promise of eating sneakers wont come to fruition mwhahahahah!!
Old 2012-12-23, 23:15   Link #46
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

WHEW...nobody died...thank goodness. Perfect ending for me. The girls come to terms with their feelings, and Yuuya wasn't emo depressed about not seeing Yui since he knows she'll be back. But I still think its safe to say he's not really thinking about romance.

But in reality, I wouldn't call him dense because he actually just has something more important on his mind, which kinda is important to save the world and all lol. Baby-making can wait, save the world first.

A season 2 is probably unlikely, but you never know. I thought I heard this is selling pretty well, so maybe there is a chance.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:31   Link #47
Maverick05

I really doubt there will be a season 2, but it would be nice. Perphaps in England or Egypt front.

BTW, how were the sales for Muv Luv merchandise? Personally, the series got me hook to it and already orderred two models. XD
Old 2012-12-23, 23:58   Link #48
Darthtabby

Are there any old stories/legends (Japanese or otherwise) that could have been an inspiration for the whole meeting a charge with open arms and an embrace thing that happened in this episode? This is not the first time I've seen something like that done in anime.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:07   Link #49
G147

Watching episode 23 and this episode made me wonder does Inia have split personality.
Old 2012-12-24, 00:19   Link #50
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Can't be Trista in that cockpit block can it?

Also, am I the only one here wishing they put the whole Age 10th anniversary video there?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2012-12-24, 01:03   Link #51
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I was going to say....if Yui and Yuuya didn't see each other after all that this show would have just tanked for me.

Can't believe all he did was just salute her. Like wtf.
Old 2012-12-24, 01:06   Link #52
lubczyk

What is the name of the UN man talking with Dr. Frank Heinemann at the end? I saw him in the episode with the announcement of the Blue Flag exercises.

Otherwise, I thought this episode was kind of flaky. The harem roots of this anime really ruined it. The CIA, Soviets, Americans and most importantly the BETA only showed up when the plot demanded it. Otherwise, it was mostly just cliche school rom-com nonsense.

The Terrorists killing themselves and (Johnathon?) just basically standing there getting killed were major weaksauce.

I found the terrorist attack talking taking place on September 21st, 2001 as a weak political allusion to the September 11th, 2001.

I don't even know what the terrorists even wanted, or what America/CIA would get out of it. Poor writing all around.

I don't get Sandek either, or what he was trying to do with Pravfka.

I don't think I'll be buying this series when it releases domestically. Makes it question the value of my Crunchyroll subscription.

Short Version - A whole lot of nothing.
Old 2012-12-24, 01:07   Link #53
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I dunno if anyone noticed the map on Master's wall , but when he threw the knife and it stuck to an island which was obviously upside down , but when you rotate it and to see it on the real axis , it's Japan!

High probability his new target? :U
Old 2012-12-24, 01:09   Link #54
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I dunno if anyone noticed the map on Master's wall , but when he threw the knife and it stuck to an island which was obviously upside down , but when you rotate it and to see it on the real axis , it's Japan!

High probability his new target? :U
It's not just stuck in Japan, it's stuck in Yokohama...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2012-12-24, 01:54   Link #55
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I was going to say....if Yui and Yuuya didn't see each other after all that this show would have just tanked for me.

Can't believe all he did was just salute her. Like wtf.
I dunno, I thought it was nicely done. After all the mutual acrimony and hate at the start of the series, to see the mutual respect and appreciation between Yui and Yuuya was nice - I am glad to see that both of them have grown up...

... even if hawt angrysex never happened.

Sandek's allusions to MK Ultra is a bit of a nice touch/continuity nod with Alternative. Saying more would be a spoiler.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-24, 02:00   Link #56
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I dunno, I thought it was nicely done. After all the mutual acrimony and hate at the start of the series, to see the mutual respect and appreciation between Yui and Yuuya was nice - I am glad to see that both of them have grown up...

... even if hawt angrysex never happened.

Sandek's allusions to MK Ultra is a bit of a nice touch/continuity nod with Alternative. Saying more would be a spoiler.
Alternative is a light novel right?
Old 2012-12-24, 02:14   Link #57
Hakumen
Sankishin

Quote:
Its a visual novel. Its the last part of the trilogy (Extra -> Unlimited -> Alternative)
Old 2012-12-24, 02:17   Link #58
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
No, Alternative is a Visual Novel.

Muv-Luv consists of 3 parts: Muv-Luv Extra, which is a High School Rom Com set in the same world as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (aka Rumbling Hearts), Muv-Luv Unlimited, and Muv-Luv Alternative.

Alternative is essentially the same world as Unlimited, except for a branch in the storyline that happens on September 21, 2001 (iirc on the date Total Eclipse more or less ends).

Total Eclipse is a sidestory to Alternative (and is also canon for Unlimited, as by default everything before September 2001 is the same for both verses. It's kinda complicated).

To understand everything, you'll really need to play Extra (to get to know the main cast), Unlimited (which sets up the crapsack BETA-invaded world) and Alternative, which is the real meat of the story.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-24, 02:31   Link #59
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
No, Alternative is a Visual Novel.

Muv-Luv consists of 3 parts: Muv-Luv Extra, which is a High School Rom Com set in the same world as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (aka Rumbling Hearts), Muv-Luv Unlimited, and Muv-Luv Alternative.

Alternative is essentially the same world as Unlimited, except for a branch in the storyline that happens on September 21, 2001 (iirc on the date Total Eclipse more or less ends).

Total Eclipse is a sidestory to Alternative (and is also canon for Unlimited, as by default everything before September 2001 is the same for both verses. It's kinda complicated).

To understand everything, you'll really need to play Extra (to get to know the main cast), Unlimited (which sets up the crapsack BETA-invaded world) and Alternative, which is the real meat of the story.
Aww dang. Might have to go look around I guess.
Old 2012-12-24, 02:45   Link #60
LystAP

Quote:
Aww dang. Might have to go look around I guess.
I would highly recommend it. While your opinions may differ on this anime, much of the Muv Luv franchise's popularity is derived from that visual novel trilogy; this anime only offers a brief taste of what first made Muv Luv popular.

If I recall, people have posted the whole trilogy on Youtube subbed.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, mecha