Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-02, 21:54   Link #221
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu
About Sakurai's little, ahem, problem - eugh, what a mess. I'm expecting him to retire for a while, but I really hope he'll finish his current jobs, I'd hate to see InoVe end prematurely because of this scandal. (I hope this won't hurt his carreer too much... He's such a great seiyuu.) And yeah, it's pretty ironic that it had to get out in the open right now.
there's a public apology now, and yes he will continue with his current projects but not accept new ones. this goes only for the performances and radio though, no word yet on the anime department. (CRAP, i was waiting for him to guest on the web radio for IV, but no hope to that now i guess.) man, this is so bad losing him for a while.

group apology: http://www15.ocn.ne.jp/~joy2006/
japanese wiki on Sakurai, along with news: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%AB%...81.AE.E4.BB.96

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Old 2006-10-02, 22:03   Link #222
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Ep08 brings glee to me heart, because it links back to all the earlier episodes and the OP. I am just sad that not many people seem to be watching Innocent Venus.
Old 2006-10-03, 14:23   Link #223
SilverChakra
Nee-chan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Ep08 brings glee to me heart, because it links back to all the earlier episodes and the OP. I am just sad that not many people seem to be watching Innocent Venus.
I totally agree with you! There are way too few who watch Innocent Venus! We need to find more and spread the word about this awesome anime. it's a very interesting anime. I love the animation and the graphics. it's cool when it turns abit 3Dish when they are int the phantoms/gladiators. And ep8 was really a rutn around! I can't wait for ep 9 ^^
Old 2006-10-04, 01:01   Link #224
Dernhelm
High on Jin

i actually think the CG for the Gladiators improved from what i saw in 8.

Old 2006-10-04, 02:05   Link #225
kuromitsu

I think the CG looks quite good in the dark. The mecha fights in ep 1, 6 and 8 were rather cool. But in light... not so cool. ;; Ah well.

I think the main reason this show isn't more popular is that it has few "hooks" - that is, no fanservice to speak of (though I have to wonder if Jin's "Jou~" in ep 8 was unintentionally BL-ish, or not... xD;; ), no extreme violence, no outrageously weird designs or settings... Besides, frankly, it's not the best anime liek evar, so there's just not enough buzz around it. Which is a pity, but seeing the insane amount of series that started every season this year, it was to be expected. (I do my best to make it catch people's attention, though. Well, I blog it on my first language.) As for its popularity in Japan, it seems to be doing okay, though it's obviously not very popular. I only read some blogs, and sometimes the 2ch thread which is pretty disappointing, in many ways. (2ch is mean by default, but that thread is downright vicious. But then, most people there are already prejudiced against the series simply because of the Korean character designer...)

Btw, I just checked the official site and it seems that Sakurai's incident won't affect InoVe... at least the official site is silent on the matter (as expected). Although it may be that they have already finished recording - iirc Nojima said last week that they were on the tenth episode.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2006-10-04 at 02:17.
Old 2006-10-04, 05:16   Link #226
lommm
l'homme de lommm

whew... his incident... i hope he finishes his job on Chevalier D'Eon also... he's Robespierre on there... who is the Aizen-like evil bastard... so they are pretty similar character, Jin and Robespierre...

are the radio dramas still going?
Old 2006-10-04, 05:36   Link #227
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

No the dramas fisnihed when they came to where tie anime started or so i read somewhere in this thread.

And man can't wait for ep 9. Damn time why do you move so slow

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-10-04, 13:43   Link #228
SilverChakra
Nee-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek
No the dramas fisnihed when they came to where tie anime started or so i read somewhere in this thread.

And man can't wait for ep 9. Damn time why do you move so slow
I agree!! I am soooo looking forward to get ahold of ep9!! I think it will be a good one
Old 2006-10-05, 17:45   Link #229
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler for ep9:

Old 2006-10-07, 16:41   Link #230
Izzile

Sana has a new lover! Whee!
Old 2006-10-08, 11:09   Link #231
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Salvation

I very much like the episode because of the dialogue interaction between Toraji and Renee. Steve is wavering and casts doubts on the integrity of Phantom leadership; Drake can no longer be trusted.

Sana contributed the gloomiest and disillusioned low point. Betrayed by Jin who she trusted and had her innocence taken away. Her spaced, out cold eyes were testament to the shock and denial, which she was coerced to witness.
I felt very angsty and uncomfortable that Sana just stood there lifeless while the entire ship was sinking to hell not doing anything, but it achieved on Jo to build his determination in protecting Sana at any costs, getting in contact with his most humane traits.

Jo was nonetheless the one who truly protected Sana the day both he and Jin picked her up in the plane, and his back paid a scar. Sana retrieving the full-tale memories of what really unfolded on that day were crucial for her to snap and started healing her wounds; she recovered her shine, and Jo became her protector.
Old 2006-10-08, 11:47   Link #232
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Episode 9

something's telling me to keep my reservations about Jin. there was something very fishy with how he told Drake about not showing their trump cards yet, knowing Jin's hinty way with words.

Spoiler:

it's just a "what if", a wary suspicion because i still left a lot of room ready to condemn him as one of the evilest bastards ever.

Old 2006-10-08, 12:34   Link #233
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

The wound would be fatal if it wasn't treated very quickly. And a stab in the gut is one of the cruelest wounds you can afflict. It's immensly painful and you die very very slowly.
So Jin is as cruel as one can be , if he WASN'T cruel he'd kill him by using one the other methods you listed.

Last edited by Majek; 2006-10-08 at 13:11.
Old 2006-10-08, 17:29   Link #234
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for Ep 9 thoughts:
Old 2006-10-08, 22:05   Link #235
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for Ep 9 thoughts:
exactly what i was thinking. and i felt like it was "too early" for this betrayal to happen, as if something else more is engineered to take place.

also, i thought, wouldn't it be possible that Jin was able to equate the rescue in as well, knowing how calculative of a tactician he is. so he'd be sure Jo would be rescued anyhow. i find it so odd anyway that the Phantom guys didn't put up much of a fight when Toraji's crew came in. i mean, it was their precious Sana, even for Jin. it was like they just stood there and all, with Sana and Jo all for their taking.

Old 2006-10-09, 03:57   Link #236
SilverChakra
Nee-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzile View Post
Sana has a new lover! Whee!
ahahaha so true!!
I am glad that Jo survived since he is my fave of the charas from there. Dark and mysterious, makes him interesting. And I am happy for Sana that she remembered who really was her saviour. Interesting show I really must say. Only three episodes left though
Old 2006-10-09, 05:00   Link #237
Dernhelm
High on Jin

i just looked up Nipponsei's upcomings, and the OST will be out Oct 25, sweet!

Old 2006-10-09, 05:19   Link #238
evil-samurai

I stoped following the show for a little bit, but I've caught up with it now and its turning even more interesting! =)

About Jin... Even if say he has better intentions still he is a Bastard, the more episodes I watched the more I started to wonder.... Well just just say I won't shed a tear if he dies next episode though I cant see that happen like alot of people I'm unsure about Jin, but personal I'd rather see him keep being a bastard (more-so because the plot would be better that way.. I've seen too many anime where the guy just 'pretends' to be bad for a moment then turns good again >.> )

Yay! for Jou, he was nearly always in the back-light but he gets some time to shine this episode =) Should be interesting to see how Jou reacts next time he meets up with Jin.

The episode was one of the best so far, now.. what about Jin... Whatever he is up too I just hope they wont just do Jin turns good! which I really cant see happening, mostly likey I think as been said they'd play him more in the middle of being evil/good.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-10-10 at 01:44. Reason: fixed
Old 2006-10-09, 07:11   Link #239
kuromitsu

Daamn, I wish I had time to watch InoVe... >_< All those interesting developments and I'll be the last to see them. >_> (Though if what I hear about Jou's scar coming from protecting Sana is true, then the guy either has no nerve system or is the new Terminator. That scar looked nasty, and apparently he'd been treating it as if it was just a scratch...)

Anyway, the OST is good news, really good. *is looking forward to it*
Old 2006-10-09, 08:31   Link #240
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I am unable to download ep 09. Usually it stands on "connecting to peers". I have tried several days now, restarted, download new files etc. Still it won't download. I'm desperate! Any idea what's going in?!

Tags
action