AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 09:41   Link #601
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think this series must have broke some kind of record for most number of "I can relate" posts
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:46   Link #602
Kakkou
Tch.

I dunno, Chuunibyou had a lot of that going around too. That said, I can definitely relate to how Sorata and Jin feel, though more towards Sorata. +1
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:49   Link #603
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I dunno, Chuunibyou had a lot of that going around too. That said, I can definitely relate to how Sorata and Jin feel, though more towards Sorata. +1

Lol that's true Incidentally these two are my favorite shows this Fall even though I don't really care much about relating with characters when I pick my Animes
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:55   Link #604
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Images
trick or treat!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Got to love Halloween .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think this series must have broke some kind of record for most number of "I can relate" posts
It's got to be close in terms of percentage of posts. They have done a good job making these guys into people you can at least somewhat relate to. It does make things interesting.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:35   Link #605
tsunade666

I can relate to sorata but not to yuuta from chuuni I don't act like that while in front of the class

do it in your own room or in front of the mirror
Old 2012-10-31, 10:41   Link #606
Wezlao

Did anyone read the manga that Mashiro drew? It's... weird. It's at rori if you want to find it.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:10   Link #607
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

"That one day he'll look my way" :'(

And it's weird... I think I like manga!Mashiro better. Or is it because we have real!Mashiro that I can appreciate her manga form better? Because normally she's all emotionless and all, but seeing her manga form showing a beaming smile and crying in tears has such a start contrast that I can't help but feel for her in that form. Heck, her crying in real didn't have the impact her manga form had on me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 11:19   Link #608
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezlao View Post
Did anyone read the manga that Mashiro drew? It's... weird. It's at rori if you want to find it.
lol at one point:

Quote:
14:12 – {Panel 1 bubble 1}You keep breaking holes in the wall whenever I fix it, Rina!
Can't help but wonder if that's a small Maison Ikkoku reference
Old 2012-10-31, 11:49   Link #609
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
She kinda knows what she wants -- even though she claims otherwise. It's written all over her face.
Come to think if it, I think it might be because this episode show the more vulnerable side of Mashiro. That she not just a stoic, unflappable genius artist.

Or maybe it's just the yukata.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:30   Link #610
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The ultimate conclusion of this episode (Sorata choosing to stay in the dorm) might have been foreseeable, but that didn't stop it from being a great ride all the way. And the "I can relate" feeling mentioned previously probably has a large role to play why this series seems to resonate well with the audience - despite the whacky interactions and exaggerated comedy (which also done well), the emotional issues and insecurities of the characters, which make up for large parts of their characterization, are grounded and "human". Which is why the show works so well when it switches to serious mode.

And since the cast is easy to understand, emotionally, it's easy to be drawn in for the ride. Insecurity about one's future, lack of motivation, giving up without a fight, just plain old jealousy towards your peers - these are all very real issues that one likely sees on a daily basis. Even if you haven't been in the specific situations the characters face, it's easy to recognize them as real issues regardless and relate to them, even if by proxy experience. Indeed, it's the character flaws that make up a good part of the show's appeal, at least for me, and watching them work these angles over the whole series is going to be a treat.

Regarding our two males present, it's going to be pretty interesting to see how the respective relationships develop. In a way, Jin seems like a down-in-the-dumps version of Sorata, someone who chose to stay in the dorm but couldn't come to grips with the gap in his ability compared to Misaki's, and is allowing said gap to dominate the nature of their relationship. Given his fatalistic words, It's almost as if he has given up on the idea of him and Misaki working out entirely. He's quite similar to the resolve-less Sorata in this regard, making up excuses and essentially having given up. It's no wonder that Sorata said Jin can see right through him - because Jin is exactly the same as him.

It will be interesting to see how Sorata's growing relationship with Mashiro will play out though, in comparison, and the potential effects it might have on Jin's and Misaki's relationship. Jin seems to be stuck where he is when it comes to Misaki, and it's probably going to take a big push to get his rear in the gear again. And I have a feeling that Sorata/Mashiro just might end up being that push, depending on how those two develop.

He probably needs to have his assertion that regular people will be torn to shreds next to talented ones torn apart, before he is able to do anything, and Mashiro / Sorata seem to be in the perfect position to do so, seeing how closely the fundamentals of that pair resemble him and Misaki. What if Sorata shows him that it can be done, that there doesn't necessarily have to be a gap based on creative ability alone?

Yeah, Sorata is probably never going to match up to Mashiro when it comes to fame and public recognition, and neither will Jin to Misaki, but this gap doesn't have to be the thing that defines the relationship. It's not your ability (or inability) to be a scriptwriter that Misaki wants, get over yourself and stop bringing the work (and professional jealousy) back home with you, dammit!

Granted, that's probably quite some ways off, and it's not like Sorata is out of the woods by simply having undergone a moment of inspiration, but at least he is on the right track for now. Indeed, for poor Misaki to have a chance, Jin probably needs to realize first that he is wrong and approaching it from the wrong angle. And whom better to show him that than another girl genius and a regular mofo living right next to him.

Or I could be completely off, wouldn't be the first time (crazy, I know). At any rate, looking towards the future developments here.
Old 2012-10-31, 12:37   Link #611
Sumeragi
Banned

Ignoring everything: Serious girl is coming!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 13:26   Link #612
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Images
trick or treat!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Umm, Shiina-chan, cover yourself! >.<

Aside from that, I've enjoyed the 4th episode. It was kinda funny that she draw the manga where they switched places.
Old 2012-10-31, 13:41   Link #613
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ignoring everything: Serious girl is coming!
"I have a feeling that we will have more girls. That's what Hikari said."
Old 2012-10-31, 13:57   Link #614
Wezlao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
What if Sorata shows him that it can be done, that there doesn't necessarily have to be a gap based on creative ability alone?
I like this concept of Sorata showing Jin that it can be done, and I wonder if they're going to have some sort of revelation scene with Sorata later on in the anime, or if Jin is going to find it out himself. I certainly think that Sorata/Mashiro's relationship will definitely affect Jin/Misaki's relationship.
Either way, it's kind of ironic that Jin still manages to give Sorata some life advice even though they're pretty much in the same position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
It's not your ability (or inability) to be a scriptwriter that Misaki wants, get over yourself and stop bringing the work (and professional jealousy) back home with you, dammit!
I think that Jin already knows that Misaki wants him for who he is (despite how incredibly cliché that sounds) but he's struggling over it himself, it's a problem that he feels he needs to fix before going in with Misaki. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's an inferiority complex but.. something along those lines.

"I have a feeling we will have more girls"
Well Aoyama is definitely coming, but girls? Wonder who else is to come.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:06   Link #615
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezlao View Post
I
Well Aoyama is definitely coming, but girls? Wonder who else is to come.
Chaos2Frozen posted this on the last page

So that's another new girl.

Aoyama moving in kinda scares me,I hope they don't overdo the love triangle and she doesn't get in too big a rivalry with Mashiro,she's trying to become a seiyuu and I hope that's the aspect of her that's more developed rather than just being a romantic rival.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:12   Link #616
Sumeragi
Banned

I doubt Sorata's imouto is the other girl/girls that is/are being mentioned.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 14:26   Link #617
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Does anyone know when the OP comes out?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 14:31   Link #618
Midonin
Last Engage

The parallelism of Mashiro's manga and the main story, while a little too on the nose, is a motif I can appreciate. Now with the premise settled and the characters' motivations a little more clear cut, I'm ready to return to the atmosphere of the first two episodes. Quite an enjoyable show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 14:35   Link #619
Wezlao

Ah.. my bad.

Quote:
Aoyama moving in kinda scares me,I hope they don't overdo the love triangle and she doesn't get in too big a rivalry with Mashiro,she's trying to become a seiyuu and I hope that's the aspect of her that's more developed rather than just being a romantic rival.
Well they're doing really well with the series so far, and I would hate for this to happen later on. Also, a lot of emphasis has been put down onto how important the voice-school is for her, I mean look at how many jobs she has, I don't think they're going to bring that down just for Sorata, hopefully they'll focus on both at the same time? The character development is inevitably going to happen. I think. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I doubt Sorata's imouto is the other girl/girls that is/are being mentioned.
Doubt it too, it would be interesting if someone came over from where Mashiro was, because I remember in the second episode, when Shiina was walking with Ayano (I think thats how it's spelt) Ayano asked how life was without 'Rita-san', and I've got a feeling they wouldn't have specifically mentioned someones name without expanding on it. That being said, I don't think someone coming over from England would dress like that or look like that... I think I've just forecasted someone else.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:57   Link #620
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Does anyone know when the OP comes out?
I heard the OP and ED both come out on the 21st of nov.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life