AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 16:14   Link #221
MaccaSvenne

Does anyone know anything about a possible release date for the ED single ("Selection." by Hashimoto Miyuki). Didn't manage to find anything with my subpar abilites in searching through Japanese resources.

EDIT:
Looking around a bit more I realize the question above is probably void. Some sites that seem to be reliable enough and somewhat up-to-date lists the release date as unknown; I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
MaccaSvenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 11:23   Link #222
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

My apologies for falling off the thread for a while, been busy with work, fan projects, video games...the usual stuff for geeks like us.

One thing to touch on before I get to Daisy's story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagiryu View Post
Spoiler for What they contain:
DO WANT. God damn it, where the hell am I going to find this?

Anyway, I see Daisy's story has been discussed a bit but I'll still post my own summary of her story as far as I have interpreted it.

Spoiler for Daisy's story:

And that's Daisy's story, more or less. I left out a lot of details that I can go over some other time, but that's basically who Daisy really is and what really is going on in her route.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 16:41   Link #223
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Found and went through the side story material. The first two bits (the pool scene and Ruri's extra stuff) felt like deleted scenes from the game more than being separate stories. First one was amusing and the second one, being about Ruri, was certainly relevant to my interests.

The third one, however, really has my curiosity piqued for the next game. If for no other reason than...

Spoiler for Princess Princess teaser information:

At the same time, while I'm looking forward to Princess Princess I can't help but wonder now...are they going to give us yet more epilogue games for the other girls' routes after all? Not that I have any preference for who they would cover next... *coughASAPLZKTHXBAIcough*
Old 2010-01-27, 08:42   Link #224
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

Certainly seems like they're gonna expand into every girl's "After Story". Though I don't see the likelihood of an Asa game being very high, given the fact that Suzuhira Hiro no longer works at Navel anymore and all... But hey, who am I to say?

I do have one thing I'd wish to see though. I believe I speak for everyone when I say that Navel REALLY needs to make some new sprites for all of the original SHUFFLE girls if they plan to make more games in the SHUFFLE universe. I mean, good lord, those sprites are almost a decade old. Wouldn't kill them to draw some new ones. They've no excuse not to.
kusanagiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 10:37   Link #225
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Well, if not Asa then I would at least settle for an "After Story" game for Daisy instead.

New graphics would definitely be welcome. They certainly have the talent available for it, as I do like the character designs for just about all the new characters in Essence+. The characters from Ore Tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai are easy on the eyes as well, so as you said there's no good reason for them not to update the sprites apart from it just being quicker and cheaper to re-use the old ones.
Old 2010-01-27, 12:28   Link #226
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

It would certainly be nice if the heroines didn't all look like palette swaps of each other...I mean, I understand that the ease of generic character art is one of the common elements of eroge that make them relatively cheap to produce, but goodness. You'd think by now it would be easy enough to freshen up the characters with a more organic art style nowadays.

They can rebuild them. Strong. Faster. More distinct than before.
Old 2010-01-28, 04:51   Link #227
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

Quote:
It would certainly be nice if the heroines didn't all look like palette swaps of each other...I mean, I understand that the ease of generic character art is one of the common elements of eroge that make them relatively cheap to produce, but goodness. You'd think by now it would be easy enough to freshen up the characters with a more organic art style nowadays.
Actually, Nishimata's trademark style is THE reason why I like the girls so much. Theirs is a cuteness unrivaled by any other (In my humblest opinion of course). So no, I don't mind that their faces look almost identical. What I DO mind is the fact that they are reusing the sprites from the original SHUFFLE from waaaaay back in 2004.
kusanagiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 20:56   Link #228
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

3 things:
1. I heard that Suzuhira Hiro was out due to health reasons, but it seems she's back working again - not for Navel at the moment, but hopefully she'll start again.

2. I've got a walkthrough for all the routes. I've translated it but kept the Japanese there so that you can match the moonrunes to the choices.

Spoiler for Shuffle! Essence+ Walkthrough:

3. Does anybody know why Navel spelled Mayumi's, Ruri's, and Erica's names w/ equal signs (Mayumi=Thyme, Ruri=Matsuri, & Erica=Suzuran)? It's not a ni, but an actual equal sign. ニ (ni) = (equal)

Nope. Not a thing.

Last edited by Rika-chama; 2010-03-29 at 05:30. Reason: Fixed Tsubomi's and Nadeshiko's routes. They were missing information.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 23:29   Link #229
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
3. Does anybody know why Navel spelled Mayumi's, Ruri's, and Erica's names w/ equal signs (Mayumi=Thyme, Ruri=Matsuri, & Erica Suzuran)? It's not a ni, but an actual equal sign. ニ (ni) = (equal)
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's just a way of writing foreign names when using Japanese katakana, and indicates that the person is at least part "foreigner". Perhaps it also helps indicate that the name should be read in "reverse order" (i.e. as we do in English, where the personal name is first, instead of the Japanese convention of family name first).

And yeah, Hiro Suzuhira is indeed doing work again, and her last project was actually working with writer Agobaria (who used to work for Navel). I don't think it's very likely that she'll go back to Navel, since she can probably make more money on her own now.
Old 2010-02-10, 08:45   Link #230
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Perhaps it also helps indicate that the name should be read in "reverse order" (i.e. as we do in English, where the personal name is first, instead of the Japanese convention of family name first).
In this situation at least, this is correct. The "=" is to denote that the name is read as it appears instead of the traditional Japanese style.

In Mayumi and Ruri's cases, both of them are half-breeds (Mayumi being human/demon and Ruri being human/god) and so they actually have two names. Their first names (Mayumi and Ruri) are their Human names while their second names (Thyme and Matsuri) are their Demon or God name, respectively.

I can't say for certain regarding Erika, but seeing as how she's not a Human, Demon or God it follows she wouldn't have a standard name either.

Back on the topic of these "After Story" games we seem destined to continue getting, I'm still going to hope for an Asa-focused game sometime in the future. Frankly I'm not sold on the idea that Suzuhira not working for Navel anymore means an Asa game is a no-go. Plus, Asa remains one my favorite heroines of the series and more Asa is more better.

But if Asa isn't next (if ever) then I suppose Primula would be, right? Unless, of course, anyone knows of any information that would supposedly prevent that from happening as well.

And this is assuming, of course, they're only going to keep this to the original heroines. I hope that's the case; honestly the only new heroine whose story could be explored further is Daisy IMO. Sakura's story kind of has its own After Story in the epilogue and none of the others really have a strong enough story to be worth following further. I guess a case could be made for Mayumi, but I'm not sure where that would lead.
Old 2010-02-16, 03:18   Link #231
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
3 things:
1. I heard that Suzuhira Hiro was out due to health reasons, but it seems she's back working again - not for Navel at the moment, but hopefully she'll start again.

2. I've got a walkthrough for all the routes. I've translated it but kept the Japanese there so that you can match the moonrunes to the choices.

Spoiler for Shuffle! Essence+ Walkthrough:

3. Does anybody know why Navel spelled Mayumi's, Ruri's, and Erica's names w/ equal signs (Mayumi=Thyme, Ruri=Matsuri, & Erica Suzuran)? It's not a ni, but an actual equal sign. ニ (ni) = (equal)
I fixteded Tsubomi's and Nadeshiko's routes on this. If you copied it, you might wanna add the additional information.

^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2010-02-20, 15:50   Link #232
Vlazz

edit, I just checked through the thread and DJLowriders summaries of the routes are really helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by Vlazz; 2010-02-20 at 17:04.
Vlazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 10:26   Link #233
dark x

Is this game going to be fan subbed or dubed for an english version??
dark x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 11:19   Link #234
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

MangaGamer might translate it someday if they thought it would be a worthwhile project, but my guess is they'd do Tick Tack and Really Really first if they do any more of the series at all. Even if that's the plan, they're probably at least a couple years out from that happening since they just released their English translation of the original game last year. This is also not to mention that they likely have other games they're working on translating already anyway.

You could probably learn enough Japanese to understand the whole game in the time it'll take for a translation to come out.

Finally, to my knowledge it's far from common practice for a translated eroge to get redubbed so it's not bloody likely to happen. Even if it were done, it'd likely be terrible.
Old 2010-03-24, 14:04   Link #235
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

A while back I posed the idea of writing out a possible Ruri route as a fanfic idea. I have now made that idea a reality. Link is in the fanfiction thread. Hope some of you enjoy it!
Old 2010-03-26, 16:46   Link #236
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

@DJLowrider: if you're still the last poster in a thread, the forum mods, etc. would prefer you to edit your previous post and add the new information in there rather than make another post thereby double posting. The edit link never expires and you can always go back and edit your posts. ^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2010-09-03, 12:44   Link #237
Vlazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
MangaGamer might translate it someday if they thought it would be a worthwhile project, but my guess is they'd do Tick Tack and Really Really first if they do any more of the series at all. Even if that's the plan, they're probably at least a couple years out from that happening since they just released their English translation of the original game last year. This is also not to mention that they likely have other games they're working on translating already anyway.

You could probably learn enough Japanese to understand the whole game in the time it'll take for a translation to come out.

Finally, to my knowledge it's far from common practice for a translated eroge to get redubbed so it's not bloody likely to happen. Even if it were done, it'd likely be terrible.
Shuffle is their best selling game so there is a good chance it will happen eventually.
Vlazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 16:09   Link #238
Yami no umeboshi

Just wondering, how can it take so long to translate a game? Is it the translation itself that takes time, or the coding?

So looking forward to Kareha's route.

Concerning Nadeshiko, I can't imagine anything being THAT bad (although some dialogues in the first game were a bit awkward). I'm looking forward to seeing how bad it is.

I've seen some supposed "shuffle essence english patches" on google. Are they just traps or what? (programs that make the file have the same name as your search term, so they'll turn up on the search results perhaps).

I didn't really have anything against Sia's route at all in the first game, although it's probably cause I only care about the looks.
Yami no umeboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 18:07   Link #239
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no umeboshi View Post
Just wondering, how can it take so long to translate a game? Is it the translation itself that takes time, or the coding?
Yes.

Quote:
So looking forward to Kareha's route.
3 words:
Maa! Maa!! Maa!!!

Quote:
Concerning Nadeshiko, I can't imagine anything being THAT bad (although some dialogues in the first game were a bit awkward). I'm looking forward to seeing how bad it is.
Trust me... the only decent thing is the CGI. I think Navel got their interns to write this.....

Quote:
I've seen some supposed "shuffle essence english patches" on google. Are they just traps or what? (programs that make the file have the same name as your search term, so they'll turn up on the search results perhaps).
well, Essence+ is just SHUFFLE! + extra routes, so it's been partially translated by virtue of a lot of it being a repeat of the original game.

Quote:
I didn't really have anything against Sia's route at all in the first game, although it's probably cause I only care about the looks.
Sia's(& Kikyou's) new route is awesome. MUCH better than the original. You actually get closure. Also, the next SHUFFLE! game is called Princess! Princess! and will focus on Sia's extended route.

Spoiler for BIG spoilar for Sia's route - Seriously, it really IS a spoilar...:

Anyhoo... Best route in Essence+ is Daisy's
Spoiler:

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2010-10-16, 14:56   Link #240
Yami no umeboshi

Quote:
Yes.
To which one? The coding or the translating?

Quote:
3 words:
Maa! Maa!! Maa!!!

By the way, how have you guys played it? Do you know japanese?

Last edited by Yami no umeboshi; 2010-10-16 at 15:12.
Yami no umeboshi is offline   Reply With Quote