AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 21:09   Link #2241
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Can Gins shikai cut captains in half like Hiyori...?
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:34   Link #2242
Langus
Optimus Prime

Any sword can cut a person clean in half if it's swung with enough force behind it.
Old 2010-12-10, 23:06   Link #2243
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Any sword can cut a person clean in half if it's swung with enough force behind it.
Is that from a physics standpoint or a Bleach one? I was asking cause this is the bleachverse, "battle between shinigami is a battle of reiatsu and all that..."

I was thinking Capatain level reiatsu provides resistance to loosing half your body unless the slicer's reiatsu is far greater, or its a weak spot. Dont know if torso is considered a weak spot...

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2010-12-11 at 04:18.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 09:28   Link #2244
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Is that from a physics standpoint or a Bleach one? I was asking cause this is the bleachverse, "battle between shinigami is a battle of reiatsu and all that..."

I was thinking Capatain level reiatsu provides resistance to loosing half your body unless the slicer's reiatsu is far greater, or its a weak spot. Dont know if torso is considered a weak spot...
I suppose it depends on the Reiatsu of the person winging the sword, or the Reiatsu concentrated into the sword.

Naturally, Hanataro can't cut Mayuri in half; strictly speaking from a skill standpoint.

All swords can cut people in half, and all people can be cut in half...

Due to Kubo's inconsistency in power levels, weak spots, Reiatsu battles/sword's sharpness, etc., it's usually best to not think about these kinds of things too hard.
Anubis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 12:56   Link #2245
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

in bleach, the only person who really aims to slice apart is kenpachi. and maybe ichigo's getsuga. and when you're fightng him, you do what you have to do to not get sliced into slivers.

gin vs hiyori, though, was a sneak attack on an unguarded part of a body. hence why it was a clean slice (hiyori is also pretty thin, too, so gin wouldn't have needed to move his sword much to make a cut)

when aizen attacks, he often (by the looks of things) slices deep enough to cut through your organs, or stab you through. though when he took out the captains, hitsugaya looked like he had a pretty deep shoulder gash. and to be honest, most shinigami attack the same way. stab or surface gash + bleed to death.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:22   Link #2246
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
hitsugaya looked like he had a pretty deep shoulder gash.

Yeah.... that's a "pretty deep" shoulder gash, if I do say so myself.
Old 2010-12-11, 16:16   Link #2247
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Why did the Gotei 13 need to build an exact replica of Karakura? I sorta get the need to have a convincing enough replica to stop arrancar spies and the Japanese authorities from realising that proper Karakura had suddenly disappeared, but the inconspicuously huge tall transfer towers would have counter-acted any credibility the fake would have had. Surely they could have better spent their time and used their manpower elsewhere (e.g. fortifying the Seireitei against the potential attack from Aizen's arrancar army)
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 20:13   Link #2248
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
the inconspicuously huge tall transfer towers would have counter-acted any credibility the fake would have had.
I'm assuming FKT had 2 main purposes.
1.)To fool residents living outside of Karukura town,

2.)To give the participants in the war the space they needed to fight with complete impunity. To this extent, I suppose it didn't matter whether they created an exact replica of the town or not.

I'd state another reason for creating the replica was to lure Aizen there, but the fact is Aizen claimed to have known KT was a fake immediately upon seeing the town (which was before officially crossing the gate from HM into FKT). Had he wanted, he could've made a last second split decision to remain in HM, but he didn't. This means the replica couldn't have been (or hopefully wasn't) made for the sake of trying to fool him. Because he apparently didn't care.

This means the only reason to create the replica was for reason #1. And if we assume the town was made to fool people who are still among the living, then we might have to also assume that the support towers themselves couldn't be seen by those who lack spiritual awareness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a way we can officially confirm or deconfirm such a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Surely they could have better spent their time and used their manpower elsewhere (e.g. fortifying the Seireitei against the potential attack from Aizen's arrancar army)
It's a good thing they didn't though since Aizen never initially intended to invade the Seireitei at all. Though I don't suppose it ultimately matters though. Because in the end both sides would've ended up splitting their forces between HM, FKT, & SS. The overhyped Espada would've all eventually still lost while the overpowered Aizen would've made up for these loses by defeating anyone and everyone in both FKT and the Seireitei before finally being defeated by an opponent who had no business winning (quite yet).

At least, that's just the way I see it.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-12-12 at 01:30.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 06:59   Link #2249
Kallen4life

why does everyone call Momo Hinamori-kun ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:03   Link #2250
secretzfan
*Fansubber

yea it is chan
Old 2010-12-20, 09:31   Link #2251
Langus
Optimus Prime

-kun, along with -chan, -san and -sama are suffixes Japanese use to denote a person's relationship to themself.

-sama denotes a high level of respect. This person is your social or professional superior.

-san denotes a medium level of respect. This is the most common one you'll hear in Japan and is often translated as Mr., Mrs. or Ms.

-chan is used a lot for little kids, close friends, or with a nickname. You're not supposed to use it towards a superior. Using it suggest that someone is your equal or lower than you on the social ladder.

-kun also shows familiarity. It's usually used with boys (while teaching, I call a lot of guys in my class "daredare-kun"). It's generally a term of endearment used by someone of higher social status to someone of lower social status. It's occasionally used towards masculine girls but this is really not common at all.

Granted, it's a little strange that they use it for Hinamori, but perhaps -chan is just too informal if they are her superiors. Who specifically is using -kun? Also, technically she's supposed to be a soldier so that could explain the masculine lean.
Old 2010-12-20, 10:01   Link #2252
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
-kun, along with -chan, -san and -sama are suffixes Japanese use to denote a person's relationship to themself.

-sama denotes a high level of respect. This person is your social or professional superior.

-san denotes a medium level of respect. This is the most common one you'll hear in Japan and is often translated as Mr., Mrs. or Ms.

-chan is used a lot for little kids, close friends, or with a nickname. You're not supposed to use it towards a superior. Using it suggest that someone is your equal or lower than you on the social ladder.

-kun also shows familiarity. It's usually used with boys (while teaching, I call a lot of guys in my class "daredare-kun"). It's generally a term of endearment used by someone of higher social status to someone of lower social status. It's occasionally used towards masculine girls but this is really not common at all.

Granted, it's a little strange that they use it for Hinamori, but perhaps -chan is just too informal if they are her superiors. Who specifically is using -kun? Also, technically she's supposed to be a soldier so that could explain the masculine lean.
But chan is good after all she is a young kid but there are other words that can also be used
I think san is best
Old 2010-12-20, 10:35   Link #2253
Kallen4life

Quote:
Who specifically is using -kun
AIZEN xD

also, Rangiku and most if not all VCaptains

Shiro calls her Hinamori w/o suffix afaik, but if something is added, then it's always -kun, I don't remember anything else

and paint me red and call me Grandpa, if Momo is in ANY way masculine ^^
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 10:37   Link #2254
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
AIZEN xD

Shiro calls her Hinamori w/o suffix afaik, but if something is added, then it's always -kun, I don't remember anything else

I know seriously why though
Old 2010-12-20, 19:17   Link #2255
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
AIZEN xD

In that case it might just be because she is a soldier of SS. Her kudo skills are impressive, to say the least (even if she is annoying) so by calling her -kun instead of -chan they're showing her a bit more respect (basically making the point to not refer to her as they would a child).
Old 2010-12-22, 23:10   Link #2256
Eric10301

Does anyone have a guess as to when the current anime arc is going to end? I've been itching to start watching again since ep 266.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 23:21   Link #2257
sayde

It can vary greatly depending on how many more filler eps they're going to continue to throw in between now and the end of the arc on top of how many more chapters they'll continue to cover per canon episode. Assuming the best case scenario (meaning no more filler eps after next weeks episode & 3 chapters covered per canon episode) then the arc could probably end in February. But realistically, I'd say it's more likely to end sometime between March to early April.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 01:19   Link #2258
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Fillers are good when Bleach has breaks this way the manga and anime don't clash because the anime is going fast
Old 2010-12-23, 22:52   Link #2259
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Fillers are good when Bleach has breaks this way the manga and anime don't clash because the anime is going fast
I can stand some filler if it's needed to stall for time as they make the animation of the next few episodes amazing.
Old 2010-12-24, 19:26   Link #2260
Nastya-sama!
射杀せ 神枪!

Quote:
why does everyone call Momo Hinamori-kun ?
Quote:
Although kun is generally used for boys, that is not a hard rule. For example, in business settings, young female employees may also be addressed as kun by older males of senior status. (Wikipedia)

Aizen usually speaks in very polite and formal manner. (although you could say there is some mockery to it)
Addressing Hinamori with -kun marks her as someone of lower ranking, younger and his subordinate ( more distinctively than -san would) but it also has a bit of formality to it, more than it does when you use -kun for a boy.
Honorific -chan is more informal than -kun, and it can sound a bit off when male superior uses it for his much younger female coworker or whatever. For example Kyouraku calls his fukutaichou Nanao-chan, but he is playfully hitting on her most of the time. Plus, he knows her from her childhood, so -chan doesn't sound to odd.
You could say that using -kun in this kind of relationships is politically correct, since it sounds somewhat gender neutral.

(Similar reasons go for other characters, except Kira who is of the same rank but usually talks rather formal. I don't remember laid-back Renji ever using -kun when addressing Hinamori..)

Last edited by Nastya-sama!; 2010-12-24 at 19:36.
Nastya-sama! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a