AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-01, 17:17   Link #741
Javiersansano

May I hear a "Oedipus Complex" (given that he doesn't remember their mother, Chifuyu is the replacement)
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 18:12   Link #742
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
May I hear a "Oedipus Complex" (given that he doesn't remember their mother, Chifuyu is the replacement)
maybe their mother is the white knight
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:40   Link #743
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by neowind View Post
ah cool. yeah i was just reading one of the another topics. yeah i pretty much though so. =D

white hair and the sister version.
Actually you know what? Forget the harem route, Ichika should be paired with Byaku Shiki (or a female personification of it)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:43   Link #744
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now that is within expectations, given a) Byakushiki-tan's resemblance to Onee-chan, b) Setsuna x Gundam jokes, and c) how Banagher has been compared to Setsuna at times.
Old 2011-04-02, 05:04   Link #745
zibi88

well my guess is that byaku's core is simply the core from White Knight (that mostly was piloted by Ichikas sister) the 001 core... that;s why there was that white knight on sunset vision in ichikas dream that asked why he needs power for... it repeats like a machine by using that white knight apperance (like the core memory)

the white girl could have been simply byaku's personalization image... well the thing here is.... is Ichika and Chifuyu blood related or not....if not than maybe that white haired girl is ichika's real mother or somone from his family and now its like guardian for ichika... (since ichika mentioned "its nostalgic for some reason"... maybe dna memory or something)

yet I wonder if there was somewhere in novel where Tabane comes to understand why ichika is able to operate an is...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 07:52   Link #746
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Finally finished watching ep 12. Not much was changed from the novel after I check it once again. The Houki and Ichika scene was shorten a little, but the basic flow also goes like that, Ichika close his face to Houki after Houki invites him to kiss her by closing her eye, and his head hit Cecilia's BT weapon.

The only important thing they cut was the epilogue, which is understandable since a second season hasn't been confirmed yet and the epilogue kinda connect the plot of this volume with vol 6.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 11:19   Link #747
HuNGaricum

hey guys i'm new at IS and... umm i would like to ask for a favor... if it's not irritating you
y'know im a bit lazy to read back so...
Can I dare to ask for a summary of novels 4-6 (in PM)? or can you send me a link of proper translation?(if it's available)
i want to read the novels, but at us, people dont get neither LN/manga nor translations...
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:36   Link #748
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNGaricum View Post
hey guys i'm new at IS and... umm i would like to ask for a favor... if it's not irritating you
y'know im a bit lazy to read back so...
Can I dare to ask for a summary of novels 4-6 (in PM)? or can you send me a link of proper translation?(if it's available)
i want to read the novels, but at us, people dont get neither LN/manga nor translations...
The summary for volume 6 is somewhere in this thread, posted by kuroshinigami, For the light novel, bakatsuki is translating them so go and take a look there. For vol 4 and 5 sorry there is no summary available, from what I heard volume 4 is a short story collection and volume 5 is about the school festival.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 02:51   Link #749
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Actually you know what? Forget the harem route, Ichika should be paired with Byaku Shiki (or a female personification of it)

which one the hat version or his sister version lol =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well my guess is that byaku's core is simply the core from White Knight (that mostly was piloted by Ichikas sister) the 001 core... that;s why there was that white knight on sunset vision in ichikas dream that asked why he needs power for... it repeats like a machine by using that white knight apperance (like the core memory)

the white girl could have been simply byaku's personalization image... well the thing here is.... is Ichika and Chifuyu blood related or not....if not than maybe that white haired girl is ichika's real mother or somone from his family and now its like guardian for ichika... (since ichika mentioned "its nostalgic for some reason"... maybe dna memory or something)

yet I wonder if there was somewhere in novel where Tabane comes to understand why ichika is able to operate an is...
i think kurosishigami explain that girl with the hat and the sister version of the white night . are both byaku inner self thing. lol =D I think kuro said something about how tabane and chifuyu were always aware of ichika for some reason.
the whole hint how he does not have any pictures of him self when he was little and how tabene new about him when he was little too or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Finally finished watching ep 12. Not much was changed from the novel after I check it once again. The Houki and Ichika scene was shorten a little, but the basic flow also goes like that, Ichika close his face to Houki after Houki invites him to kiss her by closing her eye, and his head hit Cecilia's BT weapon.

The only important thing they cut was the epilogue, which is understandable since a second season hasn't been confirmed yet and the epilogue kinda connect the plot of this volume with vol 6.
oh so they did try to kiss? cause i thought u said the American pilot kiss him on the forehead or something? one more question is this vol 5 ? cause of what u wrote. saying how if they did epilogue it would have to connect to vol 6?

what part were changes in the novel? i always though that it was that group that was sending the unarm i.s? so it was tanbne doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
The summary for volume 6 is somewhere in this thread, posted by kuroshinigami, For the light novel, bakatsuki is translating them so go and take a look there. For vol 4 and 5 sorry there is no summary available, from what I heard volume 4 is a short story collection and volume 5 is about the school festival.

YEAH kuroshingami does a great job always =D
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 02:56   Link #750
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The american pilot kiss him on the cheek on vol 3 epilogue, while Houki and Ichika almost kiss on vol 3 chapter 4. They cut the epilogue completely from ep 12. The american pilot appear again on vol 6 chapter 1, that's why I said it's connected to vol 6. Vol 5 introduce us to the "probable" big bad organization.
Old 2011-04-04, 10:31   Link #751
HuNGaricum

Quote:
so... no advancement just fillers? or going for the love story? wanna see it animated
imo BT projects are too slow and just leave out volumes... E.G let's see the IS LN... volume 1 not even half of it done... vol 2 nothing. vol 3 nothing. vol 4 chap 1 65%... vol 5 nothing... vol 6 kinda great... 3 chapters of 4(+epilogue) done the FMP Light Novels were translated so fast and it wasnt part of BT project.. (I know, hard fanbase helps a lot, and translators got some privacy but... I WANT THEM NOW AND I WILL KILL MILLIONS OF PPL FOR THEM!!!don't you think its kinda slow? just sayin
anyway we need to thank them for their work... really.. they just ... help us in this way so thank you... arigatou gozaimasu!!!
Old 2011-04-04, 11:56   Link #752
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
so... no advancement just fillers? or going for the love story? wanna see it animated
imo BT projects are too slow and just leave out volumes... E.G let's see the IS LN... volume 1 not even half of it done... vol 2 nothing. vol 3 nothing. vol 4 chap 1 65%... vol 5 nothing... vol 6 kinda great... 3 chapters of 4(+epilogue) done the FMP Light Novels were translated so fast and it wasnt part of BT project.. (I know, hard fanbase helps a lot, and translators got some privacy but... I WANT THEM NOW AND I WILL KILL MILLIONS OF PPL FOR THEM!!!don't you think its kinda slow? just sayin
anyway we need to thank them for their work... really.. they just ... help us in this way so thank you... arigatou gozaimasu!!!
Well Kuroshinigami is working now so he don't have much time to translate but he still send out 2k+ character a day which is a very good speed. BTW don't compare normal translator speed with some translators on bakatsuki ie: YoakeNoHikari I believe he upload 20k+ character a day.

You know, the best way for these is to study Japanese, It will took you 2 years to read light novel if you study hard enough . (In my country they offer a 9 months course, which when you finished it you can go for the new N3 test but you have to study 1h30 a day, six days a week in 9 month continuously)

BTW Kuroshinigami I think the number of page in each IS volume is going down, vol 5 and vol 6 are very thin despite of the 580 yen price tag Compare to Sword art online, each volume is at least as thick as IS volume 2 and their price is around 550 - 620 yen.

And you know, if you have a good imagination or good picture projection ability, reading lightnovel is almost like watching an anime so if you read the lightnovels, you won't feel much excitement for the second season as you were right now. My case is I 'm losing my interest to the new Hidan no Aria anime, partly because it is JC staff and I feel like I have already watched it in my mind. The only thing that motivate me to watch it is the OP song.

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2011-04-04 at 12:07.
Old 2011-04-04, 12:22   Link #753
HuNGaricum

@Hayate-sama I admit, that this is a very hard job for the translators. I don't want them to do impossible stuff and serve fans till death but... if the novels were (being) translated in correct order, it would be great...
btw i'm learning japanese at home, however i suck at it... but i still want to learn it no matter how hard it is... I started to learn because of the anime and the manga(and LN), and now learning it because the culture and the life i saw/heard, gripped me.
so, in a year or two, i'll be able to read th LNs and mangas and i wont complain about these things as for the imagination... it's too good sometimes... especially in school. i've got some amazing fanfics in my thoughts but as i wrote, im so Freakin lazy to write them

Last edited by HuNGaricum; 2011-04-04 at 12:38.
Old 2011-04-04, 12:32   Link #754
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
@Hayate-sama I admit, that this is a very hard job for the translators. I don't want them to do impossible stuff and serve fans till death but... if the novels were (being) translated in correct order, it would be great...
btw i'm learning japanese at home, however i suck at it... but i still want to learn it no matter how hard it is... I started to learn because of the anime and the manga(and LN), and now learning it because the culture and the life i saw/heard, gripped me.
so, in a year or two, i'll be able to read th LNs and mangas and i wont complain about these things as for the imagination... it's too good sometimes... especially in school. i've got some amazing fanarts in my thoughts but as i wrote, im so Freakin lazy to write them
well I'm suck at self study so I have to go to a formal class .

As for IS the novel order don't really affect the story much as the plot is not really progressing or it is really progressed at all . And don't worry, in 2 years there are only 6 novel published at maximum so you don't really miss much while studying Japanese .

BTW I think 8 bits will produce one season of IS a year, as the episode title is matched with the novel so expected a new season of IS next spring, unless 8 bit going bankrupt , still lucky that JC staff isn't animating IS.
Old 2011-04-04, 12:48   Link #755
HuNGaricum

how do you know that next season is coming out??? omgomg... btw... when did they say that?
indeed, order counts! i experienced it myself.
imo self studying is as good as heavens. no need to tell why...
Old 2011-04-04, 21:30   Link #756
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
how do you know that next season is coming out??? omgomg... btw... when did they say that?
indeed, order counts! i experienced it myself.
imo self studying is as good as heavens. no need to tell why...
Seeing recent trend in the anime industry that they usually ditch out the prequel at the same period each year, especially light novel adaption.

For index it is the Autumn season (october each year if you count railgun as a part of the index series), Zero no tsukaima is summer season (july) but there is no new season for 2009 and 2010.

IS is released at a pretty good rate, 1 novel quarterly (volume 6 is supposed to be released in August 2010 but has been postponed by the author's health issue). If they released 3 novels this year then you can be pretty sure that you will get a new season next year. New second season should be announced around the time of winter comiket. Well this is just my assumption so don't put your hope up to high.
Old 2011-04-04, 22:02   Link #757
neowind

Quote:
The american pilot kiss him on the cheek on vol 3 epilogue, while Houki and Ichika almost kiss on vol 3 chapter 4. They cut the epilogue completely from ep 12. The american pilot appear again on vol 6 chapter 1, that's why I said it's connected to vol 6. Vol 5 introduce us to the "probable" big bad organization.

oh ok^_^ cool i totally misunderstood then =D thanks for the hard work kuroishinigami

Quote:
Seeing recent trend in the anime industry that they usually ditch out the prequel at the same period each year, especially light novel adaption.

For index it is the Autumn season (october each year if you count railgun as a part of the index series), Zero no tsukaima is summer season (july) but there is no new season for 2009 and 2010.

IS is released at a pretty good rate, 1 novel quarterly (volume 6 is supposed to be released in August 2010 but has been postponed by the author's health issue). If they released 3 novels this year then you can be pretty sure that you will get a new season next year. New second season should be announced around the time of winter comiket. Well this is just my assumption so don't put your hope up to high.
i recall index is a big hit. let see 22 volumes and now the next set came out ss vol 1. they pretty much see the money being made for making it into a anime.

but as i.s i dunno.. well just have to see.
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 22:14   Link #758
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Well Kuroshinigami is working now so he don't have much time to translate but he still send out 2k+ character a day which is a very good speed. BTW don't compare normal translator speed with some translators on bakatsuki ie: YoakeNoHikari I believe he upload 20k+ character a day.

You know, the best way for these is to study Japanese, It will took you 2 years to read light novel if you study hard enough . (In my country they offer a 9 months course, which when you finished it you can go for the new N3 test but you have to study 1h30 a day, six days a week in 9 month continuously)

BTW Kuroshinigami I think the number of page in each IS volume is going down, vol 5 and vol 6 are very thin despite of the 580 yen price tag Compare to Sword art online, each volume is at least as thick as IS volume 2 and their price is around 550 - 620 yen.

And you know, if you have a good imagination or good picture projection ability, reading lightnovel is almost like watching an anime so if you read the lightnovels, you won't feel much excitement for the second season as you were right now. My case is I 'm losing my interest to the new Hidan no Aria anime, partly because it is JC staff and I feel like I have already watched it in my mind. The only thing that motivate me to watch it is the OP song.
I agree, but that's the problem with MF Bunko's LN(which are easy to read and mostly tells about harem story), the low page number. If you want something that worth your money more, buy Dengeki Bunko one. They're usually around 300+ pages long, although I have to remind you, they're a lot harder to read and the story is deeper.

As for me, I already give up on any kind of adaptation whether it's LN ->anime or manga -> anime. There's just too many plot being cut.

Back to the topic though, I'm not sure how often IS LN will be coming. LN author, unlike their manga counterpart, doesn't have a set deadline with their work. Some author are very fast(index, aria), some are slow as hell(kami-memo). Right now IS is in the euphoria state due to the anime, so the author write pretty fast for vol 7, but I'm not sure he'll do the same for the next volume.
Old 2011-04-05, 03:33   Link #759
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
As for me, I already give up on any kind of adaptation whether it's LN ->anime or manga -> anime. There's just too many plot being cut.

Back to the topic though, I'm not sure how often IS LN will be coming. LN author, unlike their manga counterpart, doesn't have a set deadline with their work. Some author are very fast(index, aria), some are slow as hell(kami-memo). Right now IS is in the euphoria state due to the anime, so the author write pretty fast for vol 7, but I'm not sure he'll do the same for the next volume.
Well I think the IS adaption is pretty good , I really enjoy watching it every Thursday night. Well because it is very funny, the art is beautiful, no real drama (Kore zombie give me enough drama for 2 seasons) and the sound track is good especially the final battle track.

May be because I haven't read the original novel and the additional detail is given before I watch it so I don't find the many detail is being cut out. It is more like my head automatically fill the detail that are missing .

BTW My only disappointment with the anime is Setsura, it should be much bigger than the anime portraed, Isn't it suppose be as big as a canon, not a hand gun like that.

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2011-04-05 at 05:06.
Old 2011-04-05, 16:04   Link #760
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well he most defintely got a hard-on when he saw her. I mean so far the only people that have caused him to blush were Houki and his older sister.
I was lurking until I read this.

Somehow, I don't find it surprising. I mean, out of all the girls in the harem, Houki is the type of girl closest to the type of woman that Chifuyu is.

Both are samurai ladies, have long hair, serious to a fault and possess tough, dependable personalities. The only things Houki lacks that Chifuyu has are confidence and experience.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen