AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 17:49   Link #1981
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Well, what I don't understand is why did only Victorique's hair turn white? I mean, stress is probably the only explanation but Kujo and even Cordelia were stressed out. Why didn't their hair turn white too?
Not everyone handles stress the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
I believe that it is impossible for her hair turning into white overnight.
Actually, it is possible. Not only that, but we don't see her hair for a few days, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be overnight. It wasn't uncommon for soldiers' hair, for example, to have gone completely white within hours during the Invasion of Normandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I had wondered why they were Gray Wolves and not Golden Wolves or something and this sort of explains that.
Isn't it because Saillune is surrounded by forests that contain actual Gray Wolves?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 03:17   Link #1982
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I think I shall revisit this series from the beginning when I get a moment.
And Puh-lese get off the hair thing surely that wasn't the most discussion worthy topic of that last episode.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:56   Link #1983
blewin

I never expected Gossick to get so emotional at the end. I cried watching the last episode. Cordellia's end is epic, and Victorica and Kujo've love is just so perfect. I love the subtlties in their love without all the kissing and stuff.

the last few episodes have raised my opinion of Gossick. Overall, a satisfied series with some dramatic moments thrown in in the last minute.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 17:23   Link #1984
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I want information about novel 8
But isn't the anime the official end that the novels will take anyway?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 19:45   Link #1985
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have caught wind of information regarding the "change" in the anime series, including Saint Marguerite's graduation ceremony long before the war even broke out. It's possible that the Second World War started in the same dates as the real one, and Bones gambled on shifting the timelines years back (with possible author supervision) to avoid a very long time skip.

Don't take up my word for it though. I personally want a piece of a translated Volume VIII Part 2 as well.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 19:48   Link #1986
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't it because Saillune is surrounded by forests that contain actual Gray Wolves?
Ah, yes. That is probably why... but the hair color thing does sound cool though.
Old 2011-07-09, 01:37   Link #1987
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I love the subtlties in their love without all the kissing and stuff.
Well, we know that they get it on sometime - after the ending credits.

On top of that -- y'got... an Asian dude and a white chick. Gee, I dream of pulling that off someday too. XD
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 01:38   Link #1988
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

^ TRUE love is color-blind, but that's a story for another time. <3
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 09:42   Link #1989
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
^ TRUE love is color-blind, but that's a story for another time. <3
QFT!! btw whats up with the Light Novel discussion being dead?
Old 2011-07-09, 11:33   Link #1990
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Actually, it is possible. Not only that, but we don't see her hair for a few days, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be overnight. It wasn't uncommon for soldiers' hair, for example, to have gone completely white within hours during the Invasion of Normandy.
Actually according to this article it's not possible. That story you quoted sounds like a myth to me.

Quote:
Now, my question is about the war. We know it ended, and we know that Sauville and Japan don't seem horribly upset over this. We also know that Sauville was allied with Germany, the aggressor. Are we to take this to mean that the Axis somehow won the war in the Gosick world, despite the fact that Germany should've still been barely recovering from the first war and that the USA would've had no economic reason to stay out of the second war (since the Great Depression didn't hit until 1929, unless that was changed in this too)?
I don't think it is implied that the axis (or whatever it's called in the gosick universe) won this early second world war. We see that the japanese port where the japanese soldiers are returning to is pretty much razed, Sauville is also undergoing a heavy restoration.

That woman in the library was pretty pissed at the fact sauville went to war and wished it didn't. Of course that could happen even if they won, but that's less likey.
In addittion if they had won the war it would be like telling that the Marquis de Blois wasn't making a totally wrong choice, despite the deaths and the destruction there are some considerable political advantages in winning a war, even in a war like the second world war.
Conversely if they lost, then that would be the utmost defeat of De Blois.

Lastly, the fact that they don't seem particularly upset is normal. History shows that a great surge of optimism raised even in those countries that lost in the second world war, and they all experienced a rapid economic growth.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 11:44   Link #1991
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Watched the final episode (finally ) ... and have to say overall I was very satisfied with the series.

Well done ... although I wish they did not try and cram 8 volumes into one 24 ep season and had rather stretched it over 2 seasons.

Thanks for the ride folks. I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Old 2011-07-09, 14:19   Link #1992
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well done ... although I wish they did not try and cram 8 volumes into one 24 ep season and had rather stretched it over 2 seasons.
Technically 24 episodes is two seasons.
Old 2011-07-09, 15:29   Link #1993
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It would be more correct to call it two cours I think.
Old 2011-07-09, 18:02   Link #1994
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Oh, how I remember Lodoss War being called an OVA... when it was 13 eps in length.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flower
I was very satisfied with the series.
An ending that leaves nothing to complain about.
Old 2011-07-09, 18:18   Link #1995
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Oh, how I remember Lodoss War being called an OVA... when it was 13 eps in length.
OVA vs Series is determined by release structure, not length. Looking at the release dates, it seems it took the 13 episodes 17 months to fully release. Furthermore, they were only released on VHS and not aired prior to said releases. That all points to an OVA, not series.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:05   Link #1996
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
An ending that leaves nothing to complain about.
Well if I'm dropping complaints: Why isn't this 48 eps?
Old 2011-07-10, 20:43   Link #1997
kitten320

Over all series wished to be better in my opinion but the ending was really good and sweet as well as detailed that summarized everything. Quiet rare nowedays, openings tend to be left open or with not enough information.

Over all it was a quiet enjoyable ride.
Old 2011-07-10, 22:01   Link #1998
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Well if I'm dropping complaints: Why isn't this 48 eps?
Quiet you. We've all seen too many good series have crappy endings. Kekekekekeke.

If Victorique did nothing but whine and bitch while staying with Kujo's family -- we don't really need to see that anyways. Is there a need to see Kujo fight and apparently survive through a war? No.
Old 2011-07-12, 00:13   Link #1999
Jarmel

22 and 23 were masterpieces. 24 probably did need to be a bit longer but making it into another episode would have just been drawn out. I'm actually impressed. This was probably the 2nd best ending I've seen from any Bones series.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 20:52   Link #2000
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
But isn't the anime the official end that the novels will take anyway?
I don't know.........I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I have caught wind of information regarding the "change" in the anime series, including Saint Marguerite's graduation ceremony long before the war even broke out. It's possible that the Second World War started in the same dates as the real one, and Bones gambled on shifting the timelines years back (with possible author supervision) to avoid a very long time skip.

Don't take up my word for it though. I personally want a piece of a translated Volume VIII Part 2 as well.
So maybe(If what you said is correct) the timeline in the novel is correct...and that means kujo and Vic live many years together before WW2

The anime didn't adapt the graduation ceremony...

We really need more information...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen