AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 22:30   Link #1261
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
What! He doesn't ?
Maybe he does later. He definitely doesn't in Volume 1.
Old 2012-07-14, 22:48   Link #1262
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
Maybe he does later. He definitely doesn't in Volume 1.
That is kind of depressing, Ayumu's break-dancing was one of the highlights for the Anime in my opinion... Oh well, always the chance he'll do it in a later novel. By the way I remember someone posted a few pages back asking about the Volume 10 cover and its alternate cover; after a long search I managed to find it.
Spoiler for Caution: Second cover NSFW:
For some odd reason anything on volume 10 is hard to find so it was a bit of a pain finding the cover, couldn't get a hold of any of the illustrations either.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:48   Link #1263
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
That is kind of depressing, Ayumu's break-dancing was one of the highlights for the Anime in my opinion... Oh well, always the chance he'll do it in a later novel. By the way I remember someone posted a few pages back asking about the Volume 10 cover and its alternate cover; after a long search I managed to find it.
For some odd reason anything on volume 10 is hard to find so it was a bit of a pain finding the cover, couldn't get a hold of any of the illustrations either.
No surprise there, fictional pedo-bear hunters are stalking everyone
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 03:31   Link #1264
JAGI_X

Quote:
So this is last novel right.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:50   Link #1265
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
So this is last novel right.
Yes it and by this I mean latest one and by no means the "Final" one. Ok.
Old 2012-07-15, 13:33   Link #1266
JAGI_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yes it and by this I mean latest one and by no means the "Final" one. Ok.
So do you think that there it will be another arc?
Old 2012-07-15, 14:06   Link #1267
Xaturas

Quote:
Titles like this can go for as long as the author wish to.
Its not like it is restricted by romance chains where once the main pair gets together, its time to wrap up.

I didn't read the novels but author can easily bring new antagonists as long as he wants to. Some novels about love life and random problems or random *beach* episodes. Some novels about plot where there is some enemy. Seriously as long as there is enough market it will go on and on.
It will end when author either will want to write something else, or novels will succumb and not bring enough revenue to continue the project. Or in rare cases when author think its time to finish and wrap it up (not so often seen as most of them milk titles as much as they can).
Old 2012-07-15, 18:24   Link #1268
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
That was me. Thanks. And again looking at the alternate cover and the regular cover for volume 10 the illustrator really is a lolicon. The alt. cover was very risky with that new law in Japan about highly perverted content and images. at least we got to see Sera in the new outfit in that volume. It would have been nice if it were in color though.

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2012-07-16 at 03:18.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:33   Link #1269
sky black swordman

Quote:
Maybe 1 or 2 more. Plus there few question that need to be answer and as @Xaturas said
Quote:
the main pair gets together
Old 2012-07-16, 01:41   Link #1270
Used Can

I'm personally not expecting this LN to get any romantic resolution to be honest. At best we'll get an implied harem end - not that I'm complaining. But I'm sure we won't get anything conclusive.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:23   Link #1271
sky black swordman

I would not complain either if we got a Harem end . In fact I would love it.
Old 2012-07-17, 20:56   Link #1272
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Personally I don't really like Harem ends, simply because it seems like an easy way out for an author to end a romantic comedy series. It does get old sometimes with the series having the Main Character hooking up with the obvious heroine, but having the ending with the MC getting all the girls in the end makes the romantic conflicts in the story feel pointless. Personally I'm fine with Ayumu hooking up with any of the girls (Except for Kyoko, Yandere just isn't my thing) as long as the author doesn't pull a Seitokai no Ichizon on us, cause that would make me reeeaaallly depressed...

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2012-07-17, 21:12   Link #1273
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Personally I don't really like Harem ends, simply because it seems like an easy way out for an author to end a romantic comedy series. It does get old sometimes with the series having the Main Character hooking up with the obvious heroine, but having the ending with the MC getting all the girls in the end makes the romantic conflicts in the story feel pointless. Personally I'm fine with Ayumu hooking up with any of the girls (Except for Kyoko, Yandere just isn't my thing) as long as the author doesn't pull a Seitokai no Ichizon on us, cause that would make me reeeaaallly depressed...
I'm actually the opposite, as long as it's done well, I prefer a good harem end. This is because I don't like seeing any of the characters unhappy as long as it can be helped, personally at least, I immerse myself in fiction because it posses an element that real life lacks, not to see others (characters or otherwise) get hurt. If I wanted a depressing example of realism and the limitations of reality, I'd go play Day of Defeat: Source, or maybe watch School Days, lol. And referring to the "easy way out" portion of harem ends, you're probably referring to ambiguous, "no-decision" endings, and yeah, I'll agree those are pretty frustrating at times, but an actual legit 'harem-end'? That's actually incredibly difficult, both referring to social norms and granting romantic satisfaction to all the members, micromanaging that many relationships is NOT EASY. I mean, we're taught all the time through various media that managing ONE relationship is hard enough. Multiple? With an average of 5 (for harem-anime)? That's not something that i would want to try at least... and that's why I watch animes/manga/LN like this: I can respect the characters in the story for the courage to try, and for achieving something that I am unable to.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:47   Link #1274
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
I'm actually the opposite, as long as it's done well, I prefer a good harem end. This is because I don't like seeing any of the characters unhappy as long as it can be helped, personally at least, I immerse myself in fiction because it posses an element that real life lacks, not to see others (characters or otherwise) get hurt. If I wanted a depressing example of realism and the limitations of reality, I'd go play Day of Defeat: Source, or maybe watch School Days, lol. And referring to the "easy way out" portion of harem ends, you're probably referring to ambiguous, "no-decision" endings, and yeah, I'll agree those are pretty frustrating at times, but an actual legit 'harem-end'? That's actually incredibly difficult, both referring to social norms and granting romantic satisfaction to all the members, micromanaging that many relationships is NOT EASY. I mean, we're taught all the time through various media that managing ONE relationship is hard enough. Multiple? With an average of 5 (for harem-anime)? That's not something that i would want to try at least... and that's why I watch animes/manga/LN like this: I can respect the characters in the story for the courage to try, and for achieving something that I am unable to.
True, I do agree with a great deal of your points, and I admit you have convinced me that harem ends are more complicated than I assumed. The only reason I dislike the idea really, is because of how much people tend to whine about a harem end. Whenever there is a more than two love interests I always see people demanding a harem ending and doing a pretty terrible job of justifying why (Most of the time the reason is "because it's hot" ). It does tend to get annoying sometimes.

However I do want to make clear that this does not apply to this series. Sky Black Swordsman is perfectly fine with believing the story will end with a Harem end; because unlike other series its actually realistically possible. The reason is simply because this series is (obviously) not grounded in reality, thus other limitations that would have prevented a harem end are kind of invalidated. Basically I'm just saying that this series is so out of touch of reality that other options (like harem ends) that are unlikely in other series can easily fit in within this one; and I personally believe its awesome for that.

Old 2012-07-17, 21:58   Link #1275
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Then I'm glad to hear it.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:05   Link #1276
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Then I'm glad to hear it.
So am I and thank you @Hollownerox.
Old 2012-07-18, 20:16   Link #1277
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

You're all wrong. I prefer no ending.
Old 2012-07-18, 21:39   Link #1278
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
You're all wrong. I prefer no ending.
You mean you dont want the series to end?
If so I know how you feel.
Old 2012-07-18, 22:04   Link #1279
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

while I understand what you guys mean, sadly all good things will come to an end. Btw how old is the author? If he is reasonably young enough he could end the current series and start a continuation of it like with TAMnI but only after some time has passed in that world. That is one way we'll be able to enjoy the wtf moments with Ayumu and his harem.

Off topic: what do you guys think of my new avatar and signature? hot right?

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2012-07-18 at 22:19.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 03:29   Link #1280
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
while I understand what you guys mean, sadly all good things will come to an end. Btw how old is the author? If he is reasonably young enough he could end the current series and start a continuation of it like with TAMnI but only after some time has passed in that world. That is one way we'll be able to enjoy the wtf moments with Ayumu and his harem.

Off topic: what do you guys think of my new avatar and signature? hot right?
Yeah thats true.

Nice ! Very bouncy.

Tags
ayumu`s ass, gender bender, harem, occult, romance, shounen, zombie