AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-28, 14:05   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Death Note - Special Episode (Coming this Summer)

This thread is meant to discuss and share expectations about the special episode of Death Note, announced straight after the end of episode 37.

Source

Feel free to talk about it. Once it will air, a canonic episode discussion thread might pop out as well.
Old 2007-06-28, 14:07   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So i take it this is going to be the one year after part that we get in the manga. Madhouse probably feel it is best to end it with something like that --- doing it for the fans.
Old 2007-06-28, 14:11   Link #3
tsukari

It isn't really necessary, but still i'm glad that there's going to be a special episode. I haven't read all the manga yet, so i don't really know what they left out of the story in the anime.
Old 2007-06-28, 14:41   Link #4
zalem

I'm guessing it's going to be a recap of some sort along with new scenes cover the last chapter of the manga. Not totally necessary imho, but I suppose it's nice to have for more closure.
Old 2007-06-28, 21:31   Link #5
Vicious108

I dont think
Spoiler for manga last chapter:

But yeah, still happy about this special episode coming out. At least we can say Death Note isnt over for good just yet.
Old 2007-06-28, 23:46   Link #6
Auro
Harmlessly Eccentric

Send a message via MSN to Auro
Endless Twilight, that's exactly what I was thinking about the end of the anime vrs manga.
It would be could to have the one year later - just showing the world going back to normal, and the Kira worshipers (like he had become a God after all) but I felt that whole theory was out of place in the manga anyway.

Well in any case, I don't really care what the special is about, its just more death note! I just wonder when it'll come out heheh.

Last edited by Auro; 2007-06-29 at 02:07. Reason: oops spelling
Old 2007-06-28, 23:47   Link #7
Frazzlehoon
¯\(o_O)/¯

Ahaha, I can't wait for it to come out. >________>
Old 2007-06-28, 23:54   Link #8
Lendial

i would like to think light did some good even if the means was wrong. the world returning back to its original state is really depressing, it makes all those deaths meaningless and light's entire masterplan(and DN plot) meaningless. i really hope they dont show that. the followers praying to lord kira is fine tho :P because in a way he is immortal.
Old 2007-06-29, 02:57   Link #9
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I'm guessing it's going to be a recap of some sort along with new scenes cover the last chapter of the manga. Not totally necessary imho, but I suppose it's nice to have for more closure.
I think it will be a made for TV movie using material from the anime. They could start with episode 1 where everything is set up, use episode 27 where L narrates the events of the first arcs, a postmortem from Mello narrating the last arc, replay episode 37 and then finally give us the epilogue. Overall, the new material will only be equivalent to one episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i would like to think light did some good even if the means was wrong. the world returning back to its original state is really depressing, it makes all those deaths meaningless and light's entire masterplan(and DN plot) meaningless. i really hope they dont show that. the followers praying to lord kira is fine tho :P because in a way he is immortal.
I don't think it's possible for the world to return the same rotten state it was in. Are all the wars that stopped just going to resume? At the end the people who agree with Kira became the majority; the Kira followers are certainly going to have some influence and they may be able to create a deterrent. We'll have to wait for the epilogue to see what happens in the anime. In the manga they said the world returned to how it was before.
Old 2007-06-29, 06:05   Link #10
QwertyAccess

shame they wont do alternative ending
Old 2007-06-29, 07:45   Link #11
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Cool. Can't wait. I wonder what new stuff will be in the episode. The stuff from those chapters shouldn't be able to occupy a whole episode...or could it?
Old 2007-06-29, 09:48   Link #12
kaoruky

dont matter to me, raito already death
Old 2007-06-29, 09:54   Link #13
ShoyzX

Possibly an extra explination of Light's red eyes, appearence in the Shinigami World in Intro 2, or just the final chapter?
Old 2007-06-29, 09:58   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Series recap
Old 2007-06-29, 12:50   Link #15
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoyzX View Post
Possibly an extra explination of Light's red eyes, appearence in the Shinigami World in Intro 2, or just the final chapter?
he may have become a shinigami himself
Old 2007-06-29, 12:57   Link #16
Albert-Wesker 3rd

I say new material with a recap.
Old 2007-06-29, 13:23   Link #17
Suhaki

I'd like to see an alternative ending. ^^
Old 2007-06-29, 14:44   Link #18
Vicious108

Light's eyes were red for the same reason his hair turned red and L's turned blue before: just for show. Nothing to do with Shinigami.
Old 2007-06-29, 22:11   Link #19
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
The red eyes are just for appearance, as Twiligt said.

Also, YAY FOR SPECIAL EPISODE
Old 2007-06-29, 22:52   Link #20
ShoyzX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Light's eyes were red for the same reason his hair turned red and L's turned blue before: just for show. Nothing to do with Shinigami.
Yeah, but it seemed as if the hair colors changed to show when the characters were thinking. Light's eyes would always turn red when he was doing the most evil things. And judging by the looks he was getting as he was laughing, you're not really sure if the others can see it or not.
Closed Thread