AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 12:57   Link #38161
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
We like it very much. It's quite adorable and poor Nanoha indeed.

"Imouto get" was the perfect one-liner for this. XD
[grins] I stole it from Fate/Extra's Caster "Danna-sama getto". And if you think THIS is adorable wait till I sort out the scenario where Stern encounters puppies. This is her only and Biggest weak point, put a puppy in front of her and she'll pet and snuggle to it and won't notice even the Third World War rolling past her.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:59   Link #38162
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
Just a silly little thing that crossed my mind

Spoiler for Imouto:
Stern for the win.
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 13:10   Link #38163
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
[grins] I stole it from Fate/Extra's Caster "Danna-sama getto". And if you think THIS is adorable wait till I sort out the scenario where Stern encounters puppies. This is her only and Biggest weak point, put a puppy in front of her and she'll pet and snuggle to it and won't notice even the Third World War rolling past her.
Hahaha! I can totally see that. I can't wait to see how you'll present it. >=3

Though why choose puppies? I've always seen Stern as a kitty person myself. But that could be personal preference.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:13   Link #38164
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
You like it?

But yeah Nanoha has it rough. People constantly think that Stern is the older of the twins (the cover story is that Stern is Nanoha's twin sister who lived away till now)
well, it's well written and you made me feel bad for Nanoha so, in my case is 50/50. Don't worry about that, thoug. My judgement is very non-sensical for the most part xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 13:18   Link #38165
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Hahaha! I can totally see that. I can't wait to see how you'll present it. >=3

Though why choose puppies? I've always seen Stern as a kitty person myself. But that could be personal preference.
Well... [starts to act shifty] It's kinda that I want to ship Stern with Subaru... or at least wanted to, not sure how that will turn out, and if anything Subaru resembles a large, cheerful, enthusiastic puppy... and I'm not all that fond of cats. They are independent, selfish while puppies are loyal, kind and love their masters.

Akiyoshi

If you had fun, fine by me XD
Old 2013-04-21, 13:30   Link #38166
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Well... [starts to act shifty] It's kinda that I want to ship Stern with Subaru... or at least wanted to, not sure how that will turn out, and if anything Subaru resembles a large, cheerful, enthusiastic puppy... and I'm not all that fond of cats. They are independent, selfish while puppies are loyal, kind and love their masters.
I suppose it's a matter of preference then for dogs vs. cats since, while I do love dogs, I find cats to be a far more calming presence. My own loves to curl up in her bed by my desk and snooze while I work on my writing. And she keeps me company when I'm not feeling well.

Subaru and Stern... I... can't say I ever considered such a union. Any particular reason for that aside from the puppy thing? I'm rather curious.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:33   Link #38167
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Strikers... Probably.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:47   Link #38168
Andarkoshi

Quote:
I suppose it's a matter of preference then for dogs vs. cats since, while I do love dogs, I find cats to be a far more calming presence. My own loves to curl up in her bed by my desk and snooze while I work on my writing. And she keeps me company when I'm not feeling well.

Subaru and Stern... I... can't say I ever considered such a union. Any particular reason for that aside from the puppy thing? I'm rather curious.
Yeah it's a personal preference, since I was little we always had a dog and I'm just fond of them, cheerful and enthusiastic fellows.

[chuckles] To be honest I no longer remember the particular train of thought that brought me there. Well Subaru always really loved and respected Nanoha so A bit of tweaking her and there (Stern saving Subaru instead of Nanoha) allowed me to shift Subaru's admiration for Nanoha to Stern. Besides I just find them cute together, a cheerful and genki powerhouse and the calm, kind-hearted onee-san kind of character.

It's worse for Teana though, I tweak her backstory too. I took the "Combat Cyborgs want to get into Teana's pants" idea to the extreme. Here it's Combat cyborgs who actually look after Teana (she doesn't know they aren't human though, to her they are her beloved Onee-chans. However some time before Teana joins the TSAB they cut off their relationship and disappear without much explanation (they didn't want Teana to get hurt when Scaglietti made an open move against the Council). Teana joins TSAB and tries to find her Onee-chans but it's not until StrikerS that she manages to meet them again.

Yup Teana is forced to fight against her Onee-chans and feels rather bad about beating them.

In the end she ends up with Tre and Sette, TSAB made Tre an offer, work as Teana's assistant (Teana was overworking herself and they were worried) in exchange for freedom. Since Tre and Teana were pretty close pre break up, the older cyborg agreed.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:56   Link #38169
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I wonder what will be of Nanoha o that timeline o_o

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-21, 14:03   Link #38170
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder what will be of Nanoha o that timeline o_o
She will be a badass and a bit ruthless combat pragmatist who always carries at least two knives with her.
Old 2013-04-21, 14:10   Link #38171
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow, never getting an imouto really affected her xDU

If you're gonna retcon Subaru like that, then she cannot have Divine Buster as her signature move, she should have attacks and barrier jacket modeled after Stern instead o_o

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-21, 14:14   Link #38172
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Wow, never getting an imouto really affected her xDU

If you're gonna retcon Subaru like that, then she cannot have Divine Buster as her signature move, she should have attacks and barrier jacket modeled after Stern instead o_o
Well that change in Nanoha came from a different source...

Depends, while Divine Buster might be different (though it would be hard for her since Stern's elemental affinity is fire and Subaru doesn't seem to have it) she still becomes Nanoha's student so her barrier jacket will be modelled after Nanoha's
Old 2013-04-21, 14:20   Link #38173
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Subaru's Divine Buster is quite differet fron Nanoha's so the elemental affinity is not that vigente of a deal.

Will Stern be the "Ace of Aces" as well?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-21, 14:25   Link #38174
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Subaru's Divine Buster is quite differet fron Nanoha's so the elemental affinity is not that vigente of a deal.

Will Stern be the "Ace of Aces" as well?
Nope, the bit with Stern finding Subaru I posted some time ago is actually part of this Subaru's backstory. Stern here is an independent collaborator who just happened to be around the airport (she was visiting Nanoha) when the Relic went kaboom and she was the one who found Subaru. In a way I could tweak it in a way that Nanoha saves Subaru but she meets Stern just after that. They talk a bit along the lines of Nanoha being the really strong one. Subaru admires Nanoha and would like to become strong like her... so that she can impress Stern.

Essentially Subaru would have two idols, Nanoha as far as power is concerned and Stern as the kind hearted onee-chan whom she has a crush on. Well it's still idea in the working though.
Old 2013-04-21, 16:08   Link #38175
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:

*turning on TV*

Anchorman: And now leave to our on-field reporter for the local Sports News

Reporter: Thanks. Here we are in Uminari Park for the 5th Annual Uminari Petting Contest. The competition this year has been fierce with the rookie Stern Takamachi and her puppy dog Hachikō; however current champion Sakaki mentioned she wants to break her own record of 14 hours continuously petting her dog Mr. Tadakichi. We'll keep you informed on any updates, meanwhile let's return to the studio.

Anchorman: Thanks. Meanwhile in other news...

For the purists here: Sakaki can't get her species-protected cat to a place where it'll be recorded and identified as hers so she borrows the next best thing. Nobody suspects Mr. Tadakichi isn't Sakaki's.

Quote:
Well that change in Nanoha came from a different source...

Depends, while Divine Buster might be different (though it would be hard for her since Stern's elemental affinity is fire and Subaru doesn't seem to have it) she still becomes Nanoha's student so her barrier jacket will be modelled after Nanoha's
Even if Stern uses fire-elemental attacks in Gears of Destiny as a way to show herself as a person diffrent to Nanoha, she should still be able to use her magic from Battle of Aces. Given Subaru lacks an elemental conversion afinity if Stern teaches some magic it'll probably be the non-elemental version of her attacks.

Quote:
Nope, the bit with Stern finding Subaru I posted some time ago is actually part of this Subaru's backstory. Stern here is an independent collaborator who just happened to be around the airport (she was visiting Nanoha) when the Relic went kaboom and she was the one who found Subaru. In a way I could tweak it in a way that Nanoha saves Subaru but she meets Stern just after that. They talk a bit along the lines of Nanoha being the really strong one. Subaru admires Nanoha and would like to become strong like her... so that she can impress Stern.

Essentially Subaru would have two idols, Nanoha as far as power is concerned and Stern as the kind hearted onee-chan whom she has a crush on. Well it's still idea in the working though.
I thought the scenes you posted were monthst (a year at most) after A's. Now you're saying it's by the airport fire?
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:13   Link #38176
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Even if Stern uses fire-elemental attacks in Gears of Destiny as a way to show herself as a person diffrent to Nanoha, she should still be able to use her magic from Battle of Aces. Given Subaru lacks an elemental conversion afinity if Stern teaches some magic it'll probably be the non-elemental version of her attacks.
Well Subaru taught herself that spell if I understand right... The thing with Stern is that Subaru will have to WORK to get her affection. Stern is very busy with all her responsibilities and... well after she realizes what Subaru feels for her she will be troubled. She don't want to hurt the girl's feelings but at the same time knows that she just don't have time or space for a relationship like that.

Quote:
I thought the scenes you posted were monthst (a year at most) after A's. Now you're saying it's by the airport fire?
You mean the bit where Stern found Subaru? Yeah that bit is some 6 months maybe less before the Airport fire (which if the Chronology is not lying to me happened in 071, 4 years before Strikers. I DID mention that Subaru looked 10-11 years old didn't I?
Old 2013-04-21, 18:43   Link #38177
Sunder the Gold

I wonder if Nanoha actually has a Fire Conversion Affinity herself, but has never explored it because she wants to focus on magical damage exclusively.

So that she can hit people as hard as possible, without the fear of killing them.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 19:11   Link #38178
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Nanoha wih a fire MCA. ...hehehe...

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-21, 20:40   Link #38179
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, Aki, NOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 2013-04-21, 20:44   Link #38180
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

So I started playing Fire Emblem : Rekka no Ken, and my mind almost immediately supply idea for a FE style story with Nanoha char. I'll just post that plot bunny here to get it out of the way. This is just a general idea only, nothing really detailed.

Spoiler for FE/Nanoha Ideas:

Spoiler for Some Character Starting Classes:
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha