AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-03, 11:11   Link #181
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

1. Alto: To choose something, means to lose something else...

2. Ranka: Why do you think the Vajra didn't kill me?

Sheryl: Are you telling me to give up singing?!

4. Grace: A trick of fate, huh?

5. Leon: The galaxy will be ours.

6. Ozma: What are (we) fighting for?  // (Just) like you.
(I'm not sure if this is one long thought or not...)

7. Ranka: Our songs will become one. Saying that (we're) not alone anymore.

8. Alto: I won't run away anymore. I'll carry both of your songs, and fly! [/SPOILER]
1. In reference to ep. 23 scene where Alto swore to kill Ranka and stay in Frontier.
2. Around ep. 21 when Ranka is starting to notice that she's connected to Vajra, and later on left
3. Either ep. 18 or 23, part where Sheryl is going to ask Alto to give her strength to sing.
4. When Grace found out Ranka is connected to Ranshe (or maybe sheryl has something to do with it). A scene where the villain puts two and two together.
5. Leon's battle cry on his crusade against the Vajra
6. Ep. 23, when Ozma told Alto he's not a man!
7. Ep. 25, Ranka garnering the strength to sing and make peace. (or maybe it's the part where she slapped Sheryl! lolz)
8. Ep. 25, Alto's monologue about letting his feelings lead the way. This time, it's "futari"--the two of them. That's trolliangular for you.

2nd movie hasn't even started and they're showing the ending already. Puhhfect Triangle. I wonder if this is really a new storyyy.
Old 2010-10-03, 11:12   Link #182
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Your prerogative if you want to overlook the structural weaknesses for flashy space combat. Not that the space combat was bad.
So wait...it's a FACT that the ending was weak, or it's OPINION that the ending was weak?
Old 2010-10-03, 11:13   Link #183
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post

2nd movie hasn't even started and they're showing the ending already. Puhhfect Triangle.
:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was a fake-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
So wait...it's a FACT that the ending was weak, or it's OPINION that the ending was weak?
Well, it's the opinion of a lot of people, a good number of reviewers included. Not that I ever claimed it to be a "fact". But I can cite the structural weaknesses, which, IMO, make it a rather weak finale. And, no, they are not limited to "triangle not resolved".

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-03 at 23:11. Reason: The "EDIT" button is your friend...
Old 2010-10-03, 11:19   Link #184
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Well, it's the opinion of a lot of people, a good number of reviewers included. Not that I ever claimed it to be a "fact". But I can cite the structural weaknesses, which, IMO, make it a rather weak finale. And, no, they are not limited to "triangle not resolved".
Well, if "a good number of people" believe it, it must be true, right?

Which is why Mariah Carey is the greatest singer ever, and McDonald's is the best restaurant in the world.
Old 2010-10-03, 11:23   Link #185
magnuskn

Quote:
Well, if "a good number of people" believe it, it must be true, right?

Which is why Mariah Carey is the greatest singer ever, and McDonald's is the best restaurant in the world.
Oh, okay. I guess I didn't write the "IMO" in my last post. Still, the Frontier finale was weaksauce. Like every finale of a romance which leaves things unresolved. IMO, YMMV, whatever.

Not to mention that you began demanding "facts", when I stated my opinion that the finale was weak. Which was a clear derailment of the issue, but, again, whatever. Cheap rhetorical tricks are always nice to score some points, innit?

Last edited by magnuskn; 2010-10-03 at 11:55.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:20   Link #186
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Sounds to me like one side already IS 'hurt.'
Oh um, please spare me the lame emoticons, if you try to provoke something;
And ehhh, no i am not hurt or anything. I was actually 'lolol wtf was that' when Macross F ended because i knew it was gonna be kinda like this; a chicken wuss end, so that a certain side won't rage. (we know which side that is, please. Let me not state events that show that Alto/Sheryl had pretty much covered all the romantic aspects of how a romantic ship would be.) Still, i cannot help but try and believe that this lameassery will get resolved in the second movie.

I would not 'complain' if the series have not established such foundations to A/S and just decided to troll it ultimately because the sky is blue.

p.s just saying, referring to an end of a series about being weak or not, cannot be really labeled as a fact, as it is more revolving around the sphere of opinion - however if said ending is being negatively dismissed by 3/4 of the fandom, then i suppose that is ought to count for something.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:24   Link #187
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by choji View Post
And ehhh, no i am not hurt or anything. I was actually 'lolol wtf was that' when Macross F ended because i knew it was gonna be kinda like this; a chicken wuss end, so that a certain side won't rage. (we know which side that is, please. Let me not state events that show that Alto/Sheryl had pretty much covered all the romantic aspects of how a romantic ship would be.) Still, i cannot help but try and believe that this lameassery will get resolved in the second movie.

I would not 'complain' if the series have not established such foundations to A/S and just decided to troll it ultimately because the sky is blue.

p.s just saying, referring to an end of a series about being weak or not, cannot be really labeled as a fact, as it is more revolving around the sphere of opinion - however if said ending is being negatively dismissed by 3/4 of the fandom, then i suppose that is ought to count for something.
Not according to Yot-Chan. Apparently those people who don't like the ending are the McDonalds and Mariah Carey consumers of Macross.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:27   Link #188
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Not according to Yot-Chan. Apparently those people who don't like the ending are the McDonalds and Mariah Carey consumers of Macross.
Hehe, figured.
Well, i am not gonna say more about the ending of Macross F-series cause it will get OT, so let us say that the second movie will have the guts the original Macross had. /and mind you, that original M's triangle was actually REALLY a triangle. Not just two sides and a dot trying to jump on one side.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:38   Link #189
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Pfft. At least I haven't claimed that Ranka and Alto had sex in Episode 12, as you were insisting at the time.

Quote:
And ehhh, no i am not hurt or anything. I was actually 'lolol wtf was that' when Macross F ended because i knew it was gonna be kinda like this; a chicken wuss end, so that a certain side won't rage. (we know which side that is, please.
And the funny thing is, the "other side" is the one that ended up raging and whining.

Ironic, eh?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-03 at 23:12. Reason: The "EDIT" button is your friend...
Old 2010-10-03, 12:39   Link #190
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Pfft. At least I haven't claimed that Ranka and Alto had sex in Episode 12, as you were insisting at the time.
Why would someone insist on that? I could not believe a rational person would ever insist on that, unless it was a legitimate troll. Srs.

eta: learn not to double-post and i might actually reply to you.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:47   Link #191
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Why would someone insist on that? I could not believe a rational person would ever insist on that, unless it was a legitimate troll. Srs.
I dunno. Ask Magnus.

And you are replying to me.
Old 2010-10-03, 12:53   Link #192
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:

And you are replying to me.
No dahling, i was replying to your 'ironic how one side is the one that is whining boo hoo'.
Ahem, there is not whining or wailing, that is a gift a chara of that series has actually.
A/S side is surely raging and jazz, because they got majorly trolled; Ship scored pretty much 10 goals in the last epis and they should be the 'winner'; but they got rickrolled, so it is rational that they would react like this.
A/R side, never really had much anything to begin with /especially compared to A/S/ and with the trolling ending that took place, they act all content and being all 'hopeful-neee.'
Old 2010-10-03, 13:00   Link #193
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
No dahling, i was replying to your 'ironic how one side is the one that is whining boo hoo'.
Ahem, there is not whining or wailing, that is a gift a chara of that series has actually.
A/S side is surely raging and jazz, because they got majorly trolled; Ship scored pretty much 10 goals in the last epis and they should be the 'winner'; but they got rickrolled, so it is rational that they would react like this.
A/R side, never really had much anything to begin with /especially compared to A/S/ and with the trolling ending that took place, they act all content and being all 'hopeful-neee.'
I'll admit that raging A/R shippers (like Magnuskn) are taking a pretty irrational stance, but getting so wrapped up in the love lives of cartoon teenagers is a pretty irrational occupation, don't you think?
Old 2010-10-03, 13:48   Link #194
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
I'll admit that raging A/R shippers (like Magnuskn) are taking a pretty irrational stance, but getting so wrapped up in the love lives of cartoon teenagers is a pretty irrational occupation, don't you think?
Um, i suppose you mean A/S, not A/R?
And yet, here we are all discussing about Macross - if we cannot discuss it on a forum and a sub-one, where it is dedicated on Macross, where are we gonna talk about it? It is not like we are jizzing our pants over our preferred pairings in our every day personal arena, but we will talk about our fandoms and ships and whatever stuff in an appropriate place, mostly an animanga forum. I do not think it is an irrational occupation;; That is like calling irrational hundreds/million fans. Eh.
Old 2010-10-03, 14:41   Link #195
magnuskn

Quote:
Uh. Whut? I am guessing that is an attempt at humor, or maybe because I had a few times trouble remembering an exact quote of yours. ^^

Ah, oh, wait. That was about that PM where you threatened to call me an A/R shipper all over the place, if I ever misquoted you again. Well, since I didn't, are you just nerdraging?
Old 2010-10-03, 15:13   Link #196
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Uh. Whut? I am guessing that is an attempt at humor, or maybe because I had a few times trouble remembering an exact quote of yours. ^^

Ah, oh, wait. That was about that PM where you threatened to call me an A/R shipper all over the place, if I ever misquoted you again. Well, since I didn't, are you just nerdraging?
Well i just hope, it is not some kind of reverse-joking about 'it was not REALLY stated that Alto/Sheryl had sex in 22, it was just IMPLIED so we are not sure, hur dur' because just saying, apart that it was totally obvious in the series, it was also confirmed in the novels.
Just so you know, making things clear, hehe. And srsly, this scene better make it gloriously in the second movie, kind of a milestone moment for a Macross-pilot and also relevant to the plot. True, true like that beer commercial used to quote.
Old 2010-10-03, 15:33   Link #197
moncikoma

just finished checking all old episode...

movie 1st is from ep 1 - 7 with recap, new scene, music, and special effect with a few different scenario..mostly songs and PV sheryl..not much relation between char...just a lot of sheryl fan service!

movie 2 will recap a few mixed episode until it can continue as a sequel from the TV :

it should start from...
ep 10 (macross zero scene, alto x ranka, sheryl get jelous and kissed alto..) - 15 minutes

ep 18 x 15 (sheryl lost to ranka in singing, sheryl got worsed....clan told alto about sheryl condition..kimono scene..) - 17 minutes

ep 20 x 22 x 23 x 13 x 25 (ranka concert is being attacked by vajra, ranka being kidnapped by VAJRA this is happend in ep 13...but they mixed it to make it short, alto said he will kill ranka...brera VS alto..alto won...ranka and sheryl singing...fighting VAJRA...alto said the polygamy line..)
25 minutes

all the scene above should take about....57 minutes...

so there is only another 30 minutes...for more story... for NEW SCENE, new SONG...???
i hope they wont rush it...the last movie must be perfect!

Last edited by moncikoma; 2010-10-03 at 15:43.
Old 2010-10-03, 15:43   Link #198
justavisitor

I thought TV and novels are different things and I don't think the novel is canon

I hope the movie 2 will cancel that ambiguous scene in episode 22 once and for all

@moncikoma
I thought movie 2 will have relatively new plot??
And I heard somewhere that they will use all the new footage...but the Ranka kiss scene in the trailer suggests otherwise

Those movie rumors are too confusing...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2010-10-03 at 15:54.
Old 2010-10-03, 15:53   Link #199
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I thought TV and novels are different things and I don't think the novel is canon

I hope the movie 2 will cancel that ambiguous scene in episode 22 once and for all
lolwhat in your first sentence. I suppose the in-decent voice recording with moans and stuff that never made it to the original cutting, is totally discarded too, riiiite. <--which btw, reminds me of that Yoshino interview; man, it'd be icing on the cake to actually have the indecent recording in the second movie. Man, the wank out of that.

As for the second, um lolwhat again? So, even if they do not show A/S having sex, that will automatically erase whatever happened back in #22? You kidding right, lol.

p.s don't hold your breath about it. ""
Old 2010-10-03, 16:03   Link #200
justavisitor

What I try to say is, I only treat the TV series as the canon and I don't care a thing about the novel

The cancellation of certain scenes in the movie of course doesn't mean a thing to the TV series, but imo, that ambiguous scene doesn't make too much sense so I would be happy if the movie removes that scene

P.S you don't need to hold your breath, thinking the staff would clarify the so-called "sex-scene" either...you won't get your wish
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song