AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-15, 06:09   Link #1
Mister Squall

Theory on Sloth and the Homunculus

It's been a while since I've watched the show, but I was wondering if the Homunlus are produced when people try to perform transmutation. For example, the Sensei performed human transmutation to bring back her child, so a product of that transmutation is the Homunculus kid (the one who got Ed's arm and leg....I forget his name).

My friend was telling me this the other day and I don't really remember that in the anime (maybe I wasn't paying attention). But my friend also went on to say that he thinks Sloth (the secretary lady) is Ed and Al's mom.

My friend said that there was a scene when Ed or Al looked at Sloth and had some kind of flashback of their mom.

I don't remember this either, but could anyone tell me which episodes these things (the Homunulus production from trasmutation and the scene with Sloth) scenes are in? And does this theory make sense?
Old 2004-06-15, 06:34   Link #2
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Squall
It's been a while since I've watched the show, but I was wondering if the Homunlus are produced when people try to perform transmutation. For example, the Sensei performed human transmutation to bring back her child, so a product of that transmutation is the Homunculus kid (the one who got Ed's arm and leg....I forget his name).

My friend was telling me this the other day and I don't really remember that in the anime (maybe I wasn't paying attention). But my friend also went on to say that he thinks Sloth (the secretary lady) is Ed and Al's mom.

My friend said that there was a scene when Ed or Al looked at Sloth and had some kind of flashback of their mom.

I don't remember this either, but could anyone tell me which episodes these things (the Homunulus production from trasmutation and the scene with Sloth) scenes are in? And does this theory make sense?
For those who stopped watching cause its licensed..quite spoiling
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-16, 00:42   Link #3
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Quote:

Yeah you're probably right. I never thought about it, but in episode "i-don't-remember" (when Al was half-destroyed by Scar) Al said he heared their mom's voice but Ed said he was allucinating or something like that. And after that comment there was a scene with Sloth.
Old 2004-06-16, 03:15   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

I agree with that theory, though there are some problems with it. It seems sloth may have been alive before ed and al's mother died. if so it Sloth couldn't have been created by them. However, if the person sloth is posing as was real, not just an alias, then it would work out. Also Lust was probably created when scar's brother tried human transmutation. She was also discribed as a younger homunculus.
Old 2004-06-16, 08:07   Link #5
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I agree with that theory, though there are some problems with it. It seems sloth may have been alive before ed and al's mother died. if so it Sloth couldn't have been created by them. However, if the person sloth is posing as was real, not just an alias, then it would work out. Also Lust was probably created when scar's brother tried human transmutation. She was also discribed as a younger homunculus.
Sloth was actually described as the youngest homunculus by Envy, and this would fit in with her being Trisha, and simply taking the alias of Juliet Douglas after she was transmuted - thus, the original Juliet Douglas would have been the one to start the Ishbal war and all would be good. We all know Lust was made AFTER the Ishbal war began, so Lust can't be the youngest. The only problem is that Hughes said the original Juliet Douglas died before the gunshot that began the Ishbal War...

Probably just a careless plothole from Bones.

Oh. I just thought of something. There is no question about Sloth being Trisha, it's just all the chronological stuff. What if there was an old Sin, such as an older Sloth that used the alias to begin the Ishbal war? Then when Sloth was born, after the end of the war, she (probably with help from Envy and the others) took on the alias and begin to rise until she could control the military. What do you guys think? Perhaps the Sin that acted in dead human Douglas's place is not Trisha Sloth after all?

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2004-06-16 at 08:25.
Old 2004-06-16, 15:16   Link #6
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

I was just thinking that, Volk. We know that Gluttony is an old-school Sin, at least as old as Greed. Envy as well is old-school, but Sloth and Lust and Wrath are not. If there is a new Sloth then by the conversation Envy made (The first time we got together in quite awhile) then there had to of been an old one; Who would of been quite evil, as well. So my popular theory is indeed that she just took the name of her prior Sin.

The real question though is what happened to Sloth, Wrath, and Lust? Did someone interfere with something and destroy them, or? It'd be amusing if the old Wrath and Sloth were the Manga ones.
Old 2004-06-16, 20:14   Link #7
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Heh, that'd be REALLY funny. I wonder how a mammoth-like and quite ugly old Sloth could have pulled off pretending to be Juliet Douglas and starting the Ishbal war

Spoiler for obscure manga Wrath reference:
Closed Thread