AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 57 83.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 8.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-15, 23:36   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 23.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-03-16, 13:17   Link #2
tsunade666

awesome episode. Xanadu created, the tomogara's gone to their paradise, Kamshin dead and Yuuji and Sydonay left behind.
Old 2012-03-16, 13:56   Link #3
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

That was a really powerful episode there. All our complaints that the series has been nowhere the last 2 episodes should be put to rest.
Old 2012-03-16, 14:02   Link #4
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I almost cried when I saw Kamshin die, I didnt realize how much I liked him until I saw him leaving. The entirety of this episode was just amazing, when this series ends there is going to be a huge void left in my heart...Im going to miss this
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-03-16, 16:55   Link #5
redflame

I'm.. speechless. (not in a bad way) this episode was just..emotional. How Khamshin died, Xanadu was created and.. I assume Yuji was seperated from SnH?

Anyway, I'll type up a proper review once the subs come out. Judging by the preview, Yuji is still SoF? o_O And he's still fighting Shana? O_O
Old 2012-03-16, 17:54   Link #6
SnS4Eva

im sure his yuji's hair is supposed to be brown after the separation O.o
Old 2012-03-16, 18:43   Link #7
etalocohc84

So the summoned third god shows up at the climax, talks about Engage Link's plan and then just disappears... . I found that scene hilarious since I thought that was supposed to be Shana's trump card. Yuji also laughs it off since Engage Link's plan doesn't prevent the creation of Xanadu.

Silly Bel Peol, you forgot to let Yuji return to his original form before separating him from the God of Creation. Or is because Yuji himself can transform back? I just wish that if there was a final fight with Shana, Yuji should have the appearance he had for the past two seasons.

With how the story is going, I highly doubt the story will end bittersweet. Yuji will reveal his last plan to Shana and I guess the fight will be how they make up (because after fighting a war on opposite sides, they both need to vent out their stress by punching each other). I wonder what Yuji's plan is since I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Old 2012-03-16, 21:46   Link #8
Deathscyther

10/10. Wow, this was probably the best episode of the series! The animation was really good most of the episode and I loved the character interactions. The music played was very fitting most of the time as well. I especially liked the music that was played when the tomogara were leaving the world. It gave an epic feel to the moment.

I have watched the raw version of the episode, but I think that I understood most of it. Shaher was summoned at the same time as when SnH was initiating the creation of Xanadu. Talk about timing. And the God leaves just as quick as she was summoned. That is who she is, the God of Guidance. Her job is to perform an oracle in order to guide the people and nothing else. It looks like nobody can deny her words, since she's speaking through some kind of telepathy. And the oracle is about Pheles and Johan of all people. Looks like nobody expected this.

So the Engage Link sacrificed their own existences to 'create' a new one? I guess that this is Johan's way for life to overcome death. He knew that he was dying and that there was no way for him to live on. Since he and Pheles didn't want to be separated, they came up with this desperate plan. Now they'll always be together in a way. I guess this shows their love for each other. This feat was never accomplished before, since Azis (who was actually shown this episode) failed to do so in the past, and nobody expected that something like this was possible, so Shaher decided to appear to tell the world about this event. The only person who seems to be happy after the oracle is SnH. Since he is the God of Creation, I guess that he must approve of this 'creation' of a new existence.

The creation of Xanadu is beautifully animated. I didn't completely understand how the part with the Reiji Maigo worked. It looks like Yuji/SnH used the Reiji Maigo to increase the PoE that was being formed from the distortions, that were created from the anti-seal, to open the hole between this world and the rift. Beol Peol is surprised after the road is created though. Nothing has changed after Shana and co modified the Taimei Shihen. When she asks why SnH didn't try to change it with his powers, he said that it would make everyone sad. I think that he meant Yuji when he said this. I guess that this is the reason why SnH didn't try to get rid of the new rule after the back-up system failed. Yuji wants a world where humans and tomogara can coexist after all.

Since SnH has now fulfilled all his goals, he has no reason to stay inside Yuji anymore and leaves him. Bel Peol seems to seal the God using her Tartaros. SnH seems sad that he has to leave Yuji though. I guess they've really grown close during this time. After Bel Peol remarks that Yuji should be happy that the tomogara will be leaving this world, Yuji replies that this is just the start. He wants to make Xanadu a world where humans and tomogara can coexist after all. Even though he's just a mystes now, he's going to continue what he started. Bel Peol in turn gives him a piece of her Tartaros and Sydonay even decides to go with him. Looks like Yuji managed to earn the respect of SnH and the Trinity.

Khamsin's final moment was very emotional. He gave his all to protect Kazumi. So it was befitting that she was the last person he saw before dying. The last scene between them was very strong. It nearly made me cry manly tears.

---

I wonder what will happen in the final episode. Seeing that Yuji didn't go to Xanadu yet, I guess that he indeed does have something left to do in this world. We'll probably be seeing Spiral Organ as well, since we haven't seen him at all this episode. I still think that Yuji made a some kind of deal with him.

Looking at the preview, we'll be getting Yuji/Sydonay vs Shana/Margery battle. If the tears in Shana's eyes are an indication, it'll be a emotional battle. Shana should have the advantage against Yuji though, since Yuji has lost nearly all his powers. He only has his basic control over PoE, his blutsauger and his new spell at the moment.

Will the ending be sweet or bittersweet? Will Yuji and Shana find a way to be together? I can't wait for the final episode!

---
P.S. The picture of Mathilde is beautiful

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-19 at 17:46.
Old 2012-03-16, 22:28   Link #9
elleinad00

Ahhhh it's been a long time since I posted here...

PERFECT 10!!! (I was crying all through out the episode)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post

I have watched the raw version of the episode, but I think that I understood most of it.
SAME!!!!!

It was so beautiful.
The Xanadu was perfect, all of their emotions was perfect, so pure , Shaher never knew you were a woman...

When I saw those tomogaras; I just realized(again) that all they ever wanted is a place for them to live in peace.... ( Prisoyn Y U SO CUTE!) a place where they could be somewhat normal.

Bel Peol is sooo cute/beautiful!!! all throughout the episode.

Khamsin-san Y U DIE!!! this was the most emotional part ever. With the words, the BG sound(curse you! because of being so beautiful!) and the emotions all over it. I know this is just an anime but they made me feel that I was there in that point of situation.

One of the most Beautiful/Great episode they ever produced Thank you J.C. Staff for doing a great job.

Well of course Episode 24 will be the Best like they always say "Save the best for Last!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
P.S. The picture of Mathilde is beautiful
True!!
Old 2012-03-16, 23:00   Link #10
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I'm ashamed to say that I'm pretty much lost here. Well, actually I've been lost for the last 3 or 2 episodes

So Shaher simply appeared to reveal that Engage Link's plan was useless and then went off the screen? And what's with the bottle that Yoshida was protecting? If Xanadu has finally been created then why is the Snake still inside Yuji (powers)?

The only thing I could figure out is that the Tartaros piece that Bel Peol gave to Yuji is to completely separate himself from whatever that is left of the god, but again, why is Yuji still fighting?

I really hope that the novels get to an unexpected yet good ending.
Old 2012-03-17, 09:20   Link #11
Deathscyther

Quote:
View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 100.00%
Haha, first time I saw only Perfect 10's in a Shana episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
So Shaher simply appeared to reveal that Engage Link's plan was useless and then went off the screen?
Shaher didn't reveal that the Engage Link's plan was useless. He simply appeared to reveal what the Engage Link accomplished. Shaher's job is to perform an oracle in order to guide the people and nothing else. At least that's what Rofocale said. He said that an oracle isn't required for something that will come about if events are left to unfold to which a flow is already set.

Yuji's/SnH's plan to create another world for the tomogara and Shana's plan to modify that world so that humans can't be transformed to PoE, were not enough of a deviation in the already existing flow of events. I guess I can understand why Shaher didn't appear because of SnH's/Yuji's/Shana's plans, since this isn't something that is out of the flow of events. On the contary, since thousands of years ago everything has been building up to this moment:

Spoiler for List with events building up to this moment:

Since the result of the plan of the Engage Link isn't something that was already in the existing flow of events and because nobody expected that something like this was even possible, Shaher decided it to be worthy enough to perform an oracle.

Quote:
And what's with the bottle that Yoshida was protecting?
She said it were Pheles and Johan. So I guess this is the new existence that Shaher found worthy enough to be summoned for. I guess we'll find out more about this in the last episode.

Quote:
If Xanadu has finally been created then why is the Snake still inside Yuji (powers)?
The only thing I could figure out is that the Tartaros piece that Bel Peol gave to Yuji is to completely separate himself from whatever that is left of the god, but again, why is Yuji still fighting?
Yuji and SnH have separated this episode. I'm guessing that he's keeping the appearance of SnH in order to make Shana and co think that he's still merged with SnH. If they find out that SnH left, then he'll be more vulnerable. There's probably still something Yuji must do in Misaki City. There must be a reason why he didn't leave for Xanadu yet after all. I guess it has something to do with the assistance he asked from Spiral Organ.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-17 at 10:59.
Old 2012-03-17, 22:37   Link #12
Elf song

Best episode for this season so far. U do a great job J.C.

Never thought that Shaher was female.

A short appearance of Tis and Asiz!
Now I want animated Eternal Song right now after this.

Last edited by Elf song; 2012-03-17 at 22:49.
Old 2012-03-17, 23:04   Link #13
alvinkhorfire

As a part of Shana's plan revealed in Episode 16, they would deploy Ernest Flieder to request Rofocale to contact Shaher. However, no one would know the content of oracle that would be performed by Shaher till now. Then, why were Shana and others certain that the oracle would stop SotF's plan? Up to now, Shana, Wilhelimina and others are unaware of the plan made by Johan and Pheles to create a new existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
I guess that most of us are pleasantly surprised by that as well. Since both Alastor and Snake of the Festival are male Gods, it would be fair if we have a female God as well.
Old 2012-03-18, 13:04   Link #14
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Best episode for this season so far. U do a great job J.C.

A short appearance of Tis and Asiz!
Now I want animated Eternal Song right now after this.
Never expected the two to actually be in the series

Would be nice of J.C. Staff to animate Eternal Song after the Shana series. Since almost 85% of the new characters practically came from it.
Old 2012-03-18, 15:22   Link #15
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

A perfect 10/10

Despite the RAW version being the only one out for now, I understood a good majority of the events after reading the last chapter of XXII.

- Anyway, I always thought that when Shaher was summoned, she'd look like from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Not some shining light like every other god.

- Nice to see an actual pic of Tis and Asiz

- @ Hooves : Yes, J.C. REALLY should animate Eternal Song in at least 2 seasons; since I'm sure Totem Glocke can't possibly be fit into just one season.)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

EDIT: So I finally got to watching the subbed episode and I gotta say it cleared up a good amount, was entirely epic and sad (with Khamsin's death & the fact that the series will end this week), and had one hell of an ending. As people on this thread have described a good majority of the stuff that happened, I won't go into it. But either way, everything was terrific.

If I could rate higher than a 10, I would.

Last edited by Ec1ge; 2012-03-20 at 16:06.
Old 2012-03-18, 18:09   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
As a part of Shana's plan revealed in Episode 16, they would deploy Ernest Flieder to request Rofocale to contact Shaher. However, no one would know the content of oracle that would be performed by Shaher till now. Then, why were Shana and others certain that the oracle would stop SotF's plan? Up to now, Shana, Wilhelimina and others are unaware of the plan made by Johan and Pheles to create a new existence.
I guess that explains why in the previous episode Johann told to Kasumi that if both Tomogara and Flame Haze found out they would be equally furious.
Old 2012-03-18, 19:41   Link #17
Senshigeia

Finally a subbed version was released!

10/10

This episode was so good I already watched it 3 times, since Friday: two raws and one subbed. Anyway I went to Baka-tsuki' SnS volume XXII page and spoiled myself with the translations before the subs were released.

Despite that I couldn't help myself but let a little tear fall from my eye when all the tomogaras went to the other world, SnH praising Yuji and even Bal Marque, and specially when Khamsin died... I liked the little dude...

Anyway I think this story is absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't help but think that, since we've got a little sneak-peek on Azis and Tis, that maybe an OVA of Eternal Song will be released... at least I hope so, as well as a side story about the "Heir to both worlds" since he was so important to make a god summoned.

I know everyone is free to have their own opinion but I have been reading a lot of complains about this season and particularly this episode. This story is so complete, deep and overwhelming and yet it doesn't impress a lot of fans. Don't mind me I am not judging anyone, but I adore SnS so much that I feel a little sad when reading those comments.

Can't wait for the next episode, the last one...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-03-18, 19:59   Link #18
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

This may be a stupid question, but why are Shana and Yuji going to fight when xanadu is already created with the flame hazes law intact?
Old 2012-03-18, 20:26   Link #19
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
This may be a stupid question, but why are Shana and Yuji going to fight when xanadu is already created with the flame hazes law intact?
This may be a stupid answer, but you should wait for next week and watch the episode for the answer you seek.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-03-18, 22:21   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
RIP Khamsin. Out of anyone who died in this third season this was the death that really hit me. A great guy who put his very life on the line to keep Kazumi safe. He'd fought for a long time so maybe going out like this wasn't bad. At least he'll have plenty of people still around who will remember him and that's something that really mattered to him. A sad ending, but there are worse ways to go than surrounded by friends that will grieve your loss.

When you think about it this might rekindle some Kazumi hate. If she'd just been sacrificed Khamsin wouldn't have died .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
That's the one thing I don't get. May be as simple as they can't just relax after all that happened? Maybe someone has to get their ass kicked for everyone to be satisfied here .