AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 16:01   Link #3841
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Ladies, prepare to meet calories! Lots of calories.
Considering the nature of their club activities, it should be alright...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 16:27   Link #3842
Gravitas Free Zone

Everyone on these teams should be really, really toned by now. Especially the loaders.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 18:37   Link #3843
Top Sergeant

True, maintenance of fully tracked vehicles, even that which is performed by the crews, is both very time consuming and physically exhausting.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:05   Link #3844
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LoweGear: You, me, and Ascaloth. Tier VIIIs in the training room. Need some pointers on the King Tiger, soon. :P

Yukari REALLY being as strong as she is kind of reflects the fact that she's lugging all of those 75 mm shells, which are not only huge but heavy. And being what she is, MREs are kind of expected. Though I wonder if Team Rabbit will find themselves out of depth in her company -- Aya sure was, in the manga at least.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:59   Link #3845
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
< One of said hardcore WoT players

I'm one of the few here who was playing WoT way before GuP, way back during the Open Beta in 2010. While I have been a military buff for a while now, my interest was mostly in firearms and aircraft, and tanks were a distant tertiary interest. It was only with WoT that I really came to like tanks in general. You can say that the reason GuP interested me so much in the first place was because of my prior like of WoT.

On topic, here's some larger preview pics of OVA 2:

Images
OVA 2 Preview Pics
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Didn't realize that Yukari was displaying MRE's there. Though would we have expected anything else?
Lol Yukari, never stop being such winningly awesome.

Y'know, I really like Yukari; normally in anime you have the tagalong fangirl who can't pull their weight and gazes from afar... except that Yukari gazes first from afar, is then recruited into the Five Girl Crew, and proceeds to be awesome on a regular basis.

...also, I should note that last year, I was shopping around for MREs, with the intent of storing on a box in under my bed as emergency rations...

Interestingly, supposedly American MREs have gotten better in recent years.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 23:17   Link #3846
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually people have pointed out that those aren't US MREs, but rather Bundeswehr rations (see the distinctive gold cans which a helpful youtube video reveals to countain... bread).
Old 2013-01-13, 23:25   Link #3847
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
"Better" is a fairly broad term with regard to field rations.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 23:25   Link #3848
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually people have pointed out that those aren't US MREs, but rather Bundeswehr rations (see the distinctive gold cans which a helpful youtube video reveals to countain... bread).
Those gold cans maybe, but I'm quite sure those brown sealed bags are US MRE's, also you can see a large-size Tootsie Roll among them. There was once a time when I had only MRE's to eat for an entire week (My dad brought them home from Iraq), and they're not really that bad, in fact some commercial ready-to-eat meals taste worse

What I really liked about them was the chemical heaters they came with: just add water, leave them inside the MRE pouches for a few minutes, then the food comes out hot. Ah science

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 23:31   Link #3849
Beri270T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
If they're better. I'd hate to know what was worse (of course to some the cigarettes back in the day may have been a plus). The MREs I've had were all spice. I prefer IMPs. Still it's better than what I've heard the British rations supposedly are like, or at least were like when they came in cans for 10 men.

Oh those ones in the pic look like they've got goodies like candy and gum
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 23:42   Link #3850
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post
I prefer IMPs. Still it's better than what I've heard the British rations supposedly are like, or at least were like when they came in cans for 10 men.
You'd be surprised. In another youtube video I watched, the rations that the British forces use (the 24-hour pack that was featured anyway) features stuff that you'd probably expect more from a goodly-stocked supermarket, like flavored juice powder, mixed nuts/trail mix, and chocolate bars.

Now if we were talking about WW2-era rations however, ah, in that case a few folk in Twitter tell me that Kay'd be much less chipper in that case.
Old 2013-01-13, 23:43   Link #3851
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Am I the only one here who know nothing about military stuff...

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 00:15   Link #3852
Beri270T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
WE have many knowledgeable people here, so I wonder how some will answer my question.

---assumption---
(1) We will be in Senshado setting, thus at the beginning of battle, all tanks will be in working order, and since the event won't likely to last more than a day, you don't have to worry much about wears and tears
(2) Furthermore, since we can assume all parts to be in top condition before the match starts, you need not worry about mechanical failures just from moving around. Mechanical failure may occur if your tank gets hit by something, bumps into something, or get stuck in rare very unfavorable situation.
(3) No need to worry about opponent using infantry as there is no infantry action in Senshado
(4) NO need to worry about mines as well. There is radio communication thrown in as Senshado bonus, even for tanks that originally didn't have one.

-----So under Senshado condition, Form your dream team of 10 tanks. You can mix and match tanks from any country as long as it is within debut date limit set by Senshado-----------
*** For those who would like bit additional challenge, throw in the condition that you can have only 1 tank or tank destroyer of certain type. This means that you can't field Two Tiger I tanks. We may treat Tiger I and KonigTiger ( Tiger II ) as different enough thus you can have a Tiger I and Tiger II, but not Panzer IV A and Panzer IV B , since those two may be considered too similar. You be the judge of what counts as similar enough or different enough. ***

Throwing this challenge out there since we may end up with situation that may look like this if Oarai teams continue to get steady stream of new tanks or if they form some kind of all star team out of all the teams we have seen so far for an international event that was mentioned.
I realized this is old, but if I were to throw together a dream team line up it would consist of three troops of three and one command tank.

Reconnaissance Troop
Stuart V
Centaur III
AMC 35

Assault troop
Valentine Mk VII
Somua S35
40M Turan I

Gun Troop
Sherman IV A
Centurion Mk I or Mk V
Stridsvagn m/42

Command
Stridsvagn L-60
Old 2013-01-14, 00:33   Link #3853
Beri270T3

Quote:
You'd be surprised. In another youtube video I watched, the rations that the British forces use (the 24-hour pack that was featured anyway) features stuff that you'd probably expect more from a goodly-stocked supermarket, like flavored juice powder, mixed nuts/trail mix, and chocolate bars.

Now if we were talking about WW2-era rations however, ah, in that case a few folk in Twitter tell me that Kay'd be much less chipper in that case.
I was talking about stuff from the 90s. Bound to change in 20 years.

Probably pretty standard stuff for the individual rations nowadays in regards to juice powder, dessert and coffee and other content. Just the choices and amounts are different. I believe that some people have to watch out for certain allergies with some of the rations.
Old 2013-01-14, 02:02   Link #3854
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The MREs I had in the 90s were not all that good (Desert Storm stuff). Better than K and C rations from what my father says. Reports and the few military people I've talked to that have being on campaign the last decade say they seriously improved the MREs by at the latest 2006 to be rather good (with a lot a variety). Though they say there are still a few that are seriously avoided aside from certain people with odd tastes.
Old 2013-01-14, 03:05   Link #3855
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Am I the only one here who know nothing about military stuff...
I think it not that hard to learn about it.

I didn't know much about tank before watching this show. In the past, only four tanks that I knew were PanzerIV, Tiger1-2, and Sherman (from playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault)

I didn't even know that tank are divided into Light, Medium and Heavy or there is something called Tank Destroyer.

Did you remember that one girl said in the second ep "Aren't all tanks the same?" Thatwas exactly how I thought about the tank in the past.

BUT after some study, it becomes something fun to learn more about it.
Old 2013-01-14, 04:00   Link #3856
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Ladies, prepare to meet calories! Lots of calories.
Ah...the loveliness of outfield cuisine

Still have crap loads of pasta combat rations in my kitchen. Good in the field, good at home too ^^
Old 2013-01-14, 05:37   Link #3857
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Now this is a most amusing image:

Appears to be an official image showing Miho with Oaraider, Oarai's local hero. Now I want this to appear in the anime

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 05:43   Link #3858
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does he do the Anglerfish Dance?
Old 2013-01-14, 06:19   Link #3859
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
LoweGear: You, me, and Ascaloth. Tier VIIIs in the training room. Need some pointers on the King Tiger, soon. :P
If I didn't know better, I'd say this was code for some really kinky one on one time.

Like the girls themselves.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:08   Link #3860
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The MREs I had in the 90s were not all that good (Desert Storm stuff). Better than K and C rations from what my father says. Reports and the few military people I've talked to that have being on campaign the last decade say they seriously improved the MREs by at the latest 2006 to be rather good (with a lot a variety). Though they say there are still a few that are seriously avoided aside from certain people with odd tastes.
The dehydrated meat is gone (thank goodness!). The meat meals are much tastier than they were, although I realize that may not really be saying much.

There really is a wide variety of entrees now, and candy like M&M's are still there, as well as Rollos, Skittles and Chicklets.

One sad note is that the little bottle of tobasco sauce is no longer a universal item, and is only included in the non-vegitarian meals.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks