AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 13:09   Link #1101
Nixl

Actually, this brings me to a question, are we certain the yoki itself can cause forces similar to explosions? I recall Riful and the Destroyer blowing the buildings apart as a result of them awakening, however, could that not be a result of their physical bodies out growing the buildings?
Old 2011-10-31, 13:14   Link #1102
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roflmao, my favorite bit is "Cassandra Roxanne fight, wake up laughing like a prostitute. " . This is why I love fake spoilers
Old 2011-10-31, 13:17   Link #1103
konart

"Cassandra Roxanne fight, wake up laughing like a prostitute."
^
yes please.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:52   Link #1104
Gooral
Banned

Claymore will have a colored page in next (January) issue. Finally! It's been a year since last time IIRC.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:55   Link #1105
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Unless the board is anonymous who is going to believe him the next time?

He may have lost his only chance.
Well, comparing to this board where a lot of the discussion is quite serious, the baidu one is much casual and a lot of thread are just chattering, word games, etc. Making up spoilers is just part of recreation and hanging out. Considering many of the replies there is just a couple of characters or an emoticon only, this is hardly an serious offense.

------------------

@Ulquihorror,

that looks machine translation from some spoiler to Chinese.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:57   Link #1106
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Actually, this brings me to a question, are we certain the yoki itself can cause forces similar to explosions? I recall Riful and the Destroyer blowing the buildings apart as a result of them awakening, however, could that not be a result of their physical bodies out growing the buildings?
Only in the most extreme circumstances but yes it's been implied AO and greater level forces can caused concussive blasts as a result of there awakenings.

So if Audrey is still alive Cassandra must either be weak or have awakened very slowly, but the explosion of yoki at the end of last ch implies the latter is impossible and if Cassandra is alive it's either an oversight or Cassandra is weaker than previously believed. This of course assumes Audrey was under Cassandra when she awakened and the ghosts didn't swoop in last second and save her in some BS 11th hour save.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:08   Link #1107
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, my favorite bit is "Cassandra Roxanne fight, wake up laughing like a prostitute. " . This is why I love fake spoilers
Roxanne's prostitute training that all warriors receive, has served her laughing well.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:09   Link #1108
limao
DeAd

Quote:
Cassandra Roxanne fight, wake up laughing like a prostitute. Spiky hair and hysterical attacks and the fight against Cassandra. No sword sleep. Roxanne has lost her left arm. Fortunately, help small fighter fighters. Audrey is a combination of control surfaces along the Cassandra and her awakening. Cynthia will help you reach the soldiers. Roxanne wake.
So Audrey controls surfaces...something like Jean Gray? A sword that didnt get enough sleep? That's bad for the sword's health. The CASSxROX fight beginning sounds like a prostitute's laugh, must be an exciting sound. Roxanne without an arm will help the small fighters, yeah she will help the small fighters (the twins) kick her ass more easily. Cynthia will help you reach the soldiers, Rabonna fellows will reappear? And why do we need to reach them? Maybe Yagi drew them behind a rock or a tree, its the find the soldiers game weee.
Spiky hair and hysterical attacks and the fight against Cassandra, hmm, where I've seen that before? Ah, it was in 3 previous chapters.

Sounds like an exciting chapter so far... *cough*
Old 2011-10-31, 14:29   Link #1109
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
wake up laughing like a prostitute.
Even if the spoiler is fake, this line is full of win.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:35   Link #1110
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Well, comparing to this board where a lot of the discussion is quite serious, the baidu one is much casual and a lot of thread are just chattering, word games, etc. Making up spoilers is just part of recreation and hanging out. Considering many of the replies there is just a couple of characters or an emoticon only, this is hardly an serious offense.
I meant it more in the sense that if he wanted to fool people in believing in a fake spoiler that he may have missed his chance, because now they know he makes fake spoilers. Initially, I thought he was trying to make other posters believe his fake spoiler, but from what you stated he was just doing it out of fun and that makes sense. Fake spoilers are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Only in the most extreme circumstances but yes it's been implied AO and greater level forces can caused concussive blasts as a result of there awakenings.

So if Audrey is still alive Cassandra must either be weak or have awakened very slowly, but the explosion of yoki at the end of last ch implies the latter is impossible and if Cassandra is alive it's either an oversight or Cassandra is weaker than previously believed. This of course assumes Audrey was under Cassandra when she awakened and the ghosts didn't swoop in last second and save her in some BS 11th hour save.
I only remember Riful and the Destroyer off the top of my head as causing "explosions." However, in addition to Riful and the Destroyer being powerful, they are also gigantic. The reason I bring that up is that if we, for a moment, totally throw out the idea that yoki can cause explosions, Riful and the Destroyer could still wreck the buildings they transform inside due to their massive size. Sort of like, the Hulk and shirts. No matter what, we have had ABs that can bring castles down, but it seems like it could be their youki, their size rapidly outgrowing the walls, or a combination of both. It just seems like Audrey can come out virtually unscathed from the youki and not contradict what we have seen Riful and the Destroyer do to buildings due to their size.

I can only remember the instances with Riful and the Destroyer and not any others. Am I missing some? Aside from those two my mind is blank.

The reason I bring this up is that I do not expect Audrey to be blown to pieces by Cassandra. The moment that Cassandra started awakening over Audrey, I expected some posters calling it out as a problem if she was not blown up. However, is our belief that it is an explosion correct?

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-31 at 14:45.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:11   Link #1111
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
wake up laughing like a prostitute

I didn't know that Prostitutes had a specific laugh when they wake up

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-31, 15:15   Link #1112
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I only remember Riful and the Destroyer off the top of my head as causing "explosions." However, in addition to Riful and the Destroyer being powerful, they are also gigantic. The reason I bring that up is that if we, for a moment, totally throw out the idea that yoki can cause explosions, Riful and the Destroyer could still wreck the buildings they transform inside due to their massive size. Sort of like, the Hulk and shirts. No matter what, we have had ABs that can bring castles down, but it seems like it could be their youki, their size rapidly outgrowing the walls, or a combination of both. It just seems like Audrey can come out virtually unscathed from the youki and not contradict what we have seen Riful and the Destroyer do to buildings due to their size.

I can only remember the instances with Riful and the Destroyer and not any others. Am I missing some? Aside from those two my mind is blank.

The reason I bring this up is that I do not expect Audrey to be blown to pieces by Cassandra. The moment that Cassandra started awakening over Audrey, I expected some posters calling it out as a problem if she was not blown up. However, is our belief that it is an explosion correct?
Those two facts are the only times when visibly that has happened, to that degree (though when Isley and Luciela awakened they both created a large dust cloud and all Isley's arrows disappeared that landed near by Luciela that didn't hit her but where never seen flying away either, so one could assume they did or didn't get sent flying)... though when Priscilla went AB she was holding back, as evidenced by her later saying she'd now go full power, so not having a blast isn't a surprises all the times she's gone full AB. With Alicia and Beth it just makes sense they wouldn't go full force too quickly either since Beth was standing right next to her and needed to concentrate.

On a separate note Priscilla's speed alone destroyed multiple hellcats and Renee stated than an awakening at that level of power would destroy anyone at even Dauf's level of power. So even with it only happening twice, this should happen when someone awakens for the first time since unless they somehow hold back like Clare, Jean, or Miria they awaken at full force.

There has been a few time when Clare's power created small dust clouds or seeming very small blasts, like when she awakened her limbs or when she saw Priscilla again her yoki went wild and there seemed to be some effect surrounding her. It's never been enough to kill anyone though
Old 2011-10-31, 15:27   Link #1113
Gooral
Banned

Well, when Priscilla awakened there was no explosion so it might differ with each awakened being. Destroyer was special since it was created via fusion of an Abyssal and a Claymore so I doubt we can use it as an example.

Going back to colored page, it might mean we will see Clare in 121st chapter or - more probably - Deneve and co.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:38   Link #1114
Rigald
Snooping as usual ...

I guess we should be getting chapter 120 pretty soon.
And see what happened to Cassandra, and hopefully a bit of clare, or the other Ghosts at least.

Any ideas when raws come out?
Old 2011-10-31, 15:53   Link #1115
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post

Going back to colored page, it might mean we will see Clare in 121st chapter or - more probably - Deneve and co.
I am actually really excited for the colored page this month. To the point that I may just be setting myself up for disappointment. I still bet it is going to be either Roxanne or Cassandra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Those two facts are the only times when visibly that has happened, to that degree (though when Isley and Luciela awakened they both created a large dust cloud and all Isley's arrows disappeared that landed near by Luciela that didn't hit her but where never seen flying away either, so one could assume they did or didn't get sent flying)... though when Priscilla went AB she was holding back, as evidenced by her later saying she'd now go full power, so not having a blast isn't a surprises all the times she's gone full AB. With Alicia and Beth it just makes sense they wouldn't go full force too quickly either since Beth was standing right next to her and needed to concentrate.

On a separate note Priscilla's speed alone destroyed multiple hellcats and Renee stated than an awakening at that level of power would destroy anyone at even Dauf's level of power. So even with it only happening twice, this should happen when someone awakens for the first time since unless they somehow hold back like Clare, Jean, or Miria they awaken at full force.

There has been a few time when Clare's power created small dust clouds or seeming very small blasts, like when she awakened her limbs or when she saw Priscilla again her yoki went wild and there seemed to be some effect surrounding her. It's never been enough to kill anyone though
I see, good observations Ryus. I still do not think Audrey will be blown apart though.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:12   Link #1116
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
I am actually really excited for the colored page this month. To the point that I may just be setting myself up for disappointment. I still bet it is going to be either Roxanne or Cassandra.
I've explicitly stated what I meant by "next" issue, i.e. January, i.e. 121st chapter not 120 which is a December issue. So it will appear next month not this one so depending on what we'll see in this one (120) Clare might actually appear. Jump Square has already been leaked and in every issue there is information about which manga will be on the cover and which will get colored pages in the next month. Every month since May I've been complaining that Claymore won't have colored pages so I thought you would know that by now :P.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:17   Link #1117
Nixl

Whoops, I did not catch that in my post, got a little over excited there. lol

I want some Roxanne art before she dies to probably either Priscilla or Claire.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:13   Link #1118
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Well, when Priscilla awakened there was no explosion so it might differ with each awakened being. Destroyer was special since it was created via fusion of an Abyssal and a Claymore so I doubt we can use it as an example.
Hmm... interesting hypothesis.

Could also be due to Priscilla trying to forget her past/her ability to hold back power to the point of it being undetectable as a warrior and in her AB form it manifested as an ability to hold back her awakening. After all Priscilla too is unique.

Riful, Isley, and Luciela all displayed a relativity large blast awakening but The Destroyer's awakening dwarfed them all by such a degree that it didn't seem to double or quadruple there awakened blast but was exponentially larger beyond either figure. So while Priscilla did fully awaken she might not have unleashed her full yoki upon doing so due to her unique nature. After all Priscilla didn't blast away DestroyerDauf since she didn't unleash all her awakened power upon awakening, but instead disintegrated his arm with the force of her tentacle fingers ripping it apart from the inside and we know she was holding back at that point..

It's kinda hard to figure things out when both examples are unique and more so when one awakening occurred at the beginning of the series before the blast was established as cannon.

Quote:
Great News! Colored page NEXT month!

I'm hoping it's Roxanne , since I'm assuming the plot won't be going back to Clare any time soon. So I'm guessing the arrival of the ghosts is the occasion.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-10-31 at 17:31.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:50   Link #1119
MalakTawus

Colored page next month?
Please,let it be Claire and Prissy......please god-Yagi,please.........
Old 2011-10-31, 17:51   Link #1120
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
But the ground was torn up and large waves were created in the sea/lake when she released her yoki.
Closed Thread