AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 15:28   Link #7921
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

no surprise that Mahou SENSI will end since Negi will no longer be a teacher. Questions is if Akamatsu will continue on with a new series that will focus on Negi in the Magic world or end it all completely.
Old 2012-02-03, 15:46   Link #7922
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
1 chapter about confession on whom Negi really likes, 1 chapter about Nagi + Arika and 1 chapter about Asuna's reunion with Negi?
Yeah, terribly weird and awkward. And just... stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm frankly more worried about all the other plot related points instead of Negi's "final" relationship or the other 3-A girls stories.
Right now, there are still way too much things to consider: Nagi/Mage of the Beginning (Istanbul anyone?), Arika, Senate's actual agenda and reasons why they want Negi, Demons' clan (Hermann especially), conclusion for Eva's curse, Negi's childhood from his birth to his mage apprenticeship (thus before being entrusted to Nekane & co), Chao's fate, Negi's 9th spell, Albireo's status, Master of the Grave, etc.

Honestly, if Akamatsu doesn't even bother expanding these points (sequel, prequel, material book, whatever the means), it will just be beyond rushed: it will be plain incomplete from a simple plot perspective. And then, we have the insult to the injury: shafter characters.
Really, the only way I can see this work is if this is the end of "mahou sensei negima" and begins the "Master magister Negi" manga which picks up after graduation (or the lesser option, a 100 year timeskip), and continues the story.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:47   Link #7923
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Really, the only way I can see this work is if this is the end of "mahou sensei negima" and begins the "Master magister Negi" manga which picks up after graduation (or the lesser option, a 100 year timeskip), and continues the story.
i prefer Mahou DaiMaoh Negi
Old 2012-02-03, 17:41   Link #7924
GreatTeacherKen

I'll agree that there are way too many plot points left unresolved to satisfactorily wrap up the manga in three chapters, even if those chapters are extremely long.

The only way I can see this working is the manga ending with the characters leaving school or ending on some cliffhanger that will transition into a sequel manga under a different title continuing their adventures.

Unless of course, he is trolling for whatever reason and isn't actually going to end the manga in 3 chapters or has some surprise planned.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 18:14   Link #7925
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Isn't supposed Negi would end with a girl we'll don't expect?
The joke's on you!! If they tell you something unexpected will happen, if the expected happens it will become unexpected itself! Hah!!

Props to Akamatsu if that happens. Got to love metahumor.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 18:51   Link #7926
azziz

[QUOTE=TnAdct1;3984881]My opinions on this:

tnaddict to Nodoka,

honestly,i have been annoyed for years by your helpless obssession and disability toward nodoka;each time i read a biaised post mentionning her out of context,i'd look at the author only to find,unsurprisingly, it was you.
so,in spite of myself,i've learnt to recognize your post after a few sentence...
but,now,after those painful years at aqs forum and here,i must admit that i've come to,grudgingly,respect you and your unprecedented faithfulness and unchanging love toward your favorite,beloved nodoka.
so,after all,no hard feeling;rejoice,if negi doesn't take her,it mean you still have a chance.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:59   Link #7927
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

...woah o.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:00   Link #7928
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
My opinions on this:

tnaddict to Nodoka,

honestly,i have been annoyed for years by your helpless obssession and disability toward nodoka;each time i read a biaised post mentionning her out of context,i'd look at the author only to find,unsurprisingly, it was you.
so,in spite of myself,i've learnt to recognize your post after a few sentence...
but,now,after those painful years at aqs forum and here,i must admit that i've come to,grudgingly,respect you and your unprecedented faithfulness and unchanging love toward your favorite,beloved nodoka.
so,after all,no hard feeling;rejoice,if negi doesn't take her,it mean you still have a chance.
My God, man, capital letters won't kill you, and will make your posts much better to read.

Truth be told, if Akamatsu's going to continue wildly skipping events, shortshifting most characters in favor of a few, and having the same awkward pacing and characterization missteps he's had for the last year or so, I'd prefer him to spare us a sequel and let the series at least die with some dignity left.

That being said, ending now after Ala Alba couldn't even win their own final major battle (they had to be bailed out by Ala Rubra, and then by Asuna's Deus Ex Machina mode), and with their final action sequence being a sloppy chase of Negi, they aren't going out on an exactly high note. I always had high hopes they could become the next Ala Rubra, but looks like they'll end up the series being, for the most part, a collection of jokes and people who just can't cut the mustard.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:25   Link #7929
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

More spoilers are out :
Spoiler:

.....what is this fuck?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:28   Link #7930
ChronoReverse

Eh, I thought Negi couldn't die.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:29   Link #7931
AlaAlba

lol WTF negi died

but
Spoiler for 1:
Chao is back. then Asuna will go back to the past then? *sigh*

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2012-02-03 at 21:51.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:55   Link #7932
osorito

Hope it's a fake death like his father's was.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:22   Link #7933
osorito

Let's hope KA at least will give a flashback on his death and will finally know who chaos ancestor is.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:33   Link #7934
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, I know people are gong to complain about this, but I'm interested in seeing where this goes. While not the greatest way to head when ending a shonen series, I honestly like it.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:38   Link #7935
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that would be in his 70s, which is not an unreasonable time for a natural death. Especially if one wants to keep up appearances.
Old 2012-02-03, 22:41   Link #7936
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

So that's it? No more great adventures? Even though the fight with Fate and the Lifemaker combined has far less ooomph then the Negi VS Rakan? Even though shoving all the unexplained details on a two-page class roster didn't cut it? Even though we still has zero clue on what the hell happened to Nagi and Arika (and am I the only one wary this will end in "what happened to my parents", Zuko style)? And that the previous pointless "let's pester Negi incessantly like some ungrateful tramps" arc was not a pointless breather but a pointless closure?

After all that build-up, Negima is going to end in a whimper?

Words cannot describe my disappointment.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2012-02-03 at 23:01.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:45   Link #7937
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
First, yes, I'm a Nodoka fan. While I do admit that it's extensive, is it wrong for me to root for her?

Second, my issues here far extend the "Nodoka situation" here. My issue stems on two things. The first can be summarized by OverMaster here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Truth be told, if Akamatsu's going to continue wildly skipping events, shortshifting most characters in favor of a few, and having the same awkward pacing and characterization missteps he's had for the last year or so, I'd prefer him to spare us a sequel and let the series at least die with some dignity left.

That being said, ending now after Ala Alba couldn't even win their own final major battle (they had to be bailed out by Ala Rubra, and then by Asuna's Deus Ex Machina mode), and with their final action sequence being a sloppy chase of Negi, they aren't going out on an exactly high note. I always had high hopes they could become the next Ala Rubra, but looks like they'll end up the series being, for the most part, a collection of jokes and people who just can't cut the mustard.
Basically, instead of using the time after the Magic World arc to give more development to the other characters and a grand battle to end the story, instead we get a storyline where Asuna awakes 100 years into the future, with all the character development being reduced to just notes in Negi's class roster.

Second, given the events of the chapter,
Spoiler for possible end route?:
Face it, after all the years the readers have been following Negima, we pretty much deserve something better than the ending than this.
Old 2012-02-04, 00:31   Link #7938
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

looking at the spoiler. it seem it taken place on future (based on flying ship and gravestone. which indicate 60 year time skip). not sure mars or earth.

there is chance that Negi missing or been absorbed by lifemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well that would be in his 70s, which is not an unreasonable time for a natural death. Especially if one wants to keep up appearances.
but he is semi-immortal now like Eva
Spoiler for more pic:

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 01:04   Link #7939
AlaAlba

^ no matter what setting KA had put before(like negi being immortal) he won't care now it seems. I dissapointed with KA really. that Negi's class book is the prime example.
Ako's scar? Koutarou's GF? fuxk with it just put those into one line on the book.
Negi's partner? Stan granpa? fxck everything! just put it into one photo. adult version of the girls? fxck with that I won't draw their faces anyway.
lol

Isn't it obvious KA bored with/doesn't give a damn care about negima or the other possibility negima got the axe. We'd never know.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 01:43   Link #7940
y0shi

This is all happening so fast I love this series and although the end of the magic world arc was kinda weird I still loved it. And then people suddenly started talking about endings. At first I thought this was onlly movie related panic but then this happens. If thats truly the ending ... Biggest letdown ever

But I still have some hope: (and yes im trying to convince myself ^^")

Some of these images are weird. It looks like asuna is appearing above the academy? But when she appears in the future it seems to be a grassy area? And why are konoka and setsuna in their childform? And who is that 3rd girl? And who are the girls in those bodysuits?

What if KA pulls a steins gate? Asuna arives in the future and learns that everything went wrong. Negi is dead and in the end they never reached their goals and the magic world is still going to dissapear? So she now has to go back in time (chao is there...) and fix something? Thats why she appears above the academy. Thats why there are pictures of negis family and child setsuna/konoka. She goes back in the past to do something. And thus the new series, the adventures of asuna the time traveller begin.

Ok im going to far here but something about these images just seems off. Or maybe thats just what Im trying to see. It would be a KA worthy troll to say the least.

Please dont let it end like this qq

e:/

Its just impossible to make sence out of these pictures if theyre not in order. But the picture with eva/chao looks like the last page of the chapter because of the writings. But then who is standing there when they visit the grave? And child konoka/setsuna make no sence to me. They cant be their children because, well.. Or maybe negi "helped out" and his genepool got surpressed completly? Who is that 3rd girl anyways?

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy