AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 22:51   Link #3341
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If you think about it this way, she just beat the stereotype!o.o, THE JAPANESE FEMALE SHALL SURRENDER TO THE TENTACLE, NO LONGER! HELL NO SHE WON'T BLOW! HELL NO SHE WON'T BLOW!
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 17:06   Link #3342
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yea Lucy beatin that giant octopus with a whip, also had some nice service. Looks like Coco's in love with her. Nice job by Gray to break the key.
Old 2011-07-20, 13:19   Link #3343
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
If you think about it this way, she just beat the stereotype!o.o, THE JAPANESE FEMALE SHALL SURRENDER TO THE TENTACLE, NO LONGER! HELL NO SHE WON'T BLOW! HELL NO SHE WON'T BLOW!
sry no cookie for you just now. lmao though
Old 2011-07-21, 13:41   Link #3344
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Thanks Juvia's cleavage^^, I aim to please^^.
Old 2011-07-22, 23:39   Link #3345
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Episode 89:
Old 2011-07-23, 00:01   Link #3346
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Fairy Tail has decent story. Too bad that sometimes the makers (both the author & anime producers) put too much fanservice on it (especially the manga). Not that I hate it.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 00:50   Link #3347
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Unfortunately, since the show doesn't show violence like in the manga, fanservice has to be used in order to attract attention.
Old 2011-07-23, 00:53   Link #3348
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Meh, I have never had a problem with fanservice, as long as it isn't outright ridiculous like in High School of the Dead.
Old 2011-07-23, 00:57   Link #3349
Chase

Spoiler for episode 89:
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-07-23 at 01:09.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 01:45   Link #3350
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Meh, I have never had a problem with fanservice, as long as it isn't outright ridiculous like in High School of the Dead.
Yeah tell me about it, once you got the Matrix style movements with boobs alone, time to call it quits. Besides they didn't follow the basic rule of horror: If you're going to die you might as well fuck, which they didn't show ergo, it didn't happen, so screw you fake OVA.
Old 2011-07-23, 01:55   Link #3351
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, the main character in HSOTD almost have an orgy with zombies in the OVA. How cool is that?
Old 2011-07-23, 02:11   Link #3352
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Almost don't cross the necrophilia border pal. Anyhoo, episode sure was loud today, and another example of why Lucy's breasts is the most powerful form of magic there is. It makes her an almost immovable object.
Old 2011-07-23, 02:18   Link #3353
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Agree about Lucy's 'assets', and now, Evergreen is starting to show off too (well, in the manga at least).
Old 2011-07-23, 03:48   Link #3354
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to see the Lucy service isn't going to end with last weeks episode.

You can obviously tell the amount of detail that went into this episode. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the shows budget was used in the second half , though i'm glad it wasn't just used for the cannon scene, Erza, Gray and Natsu had epic detail and animation in their designs, which worked rather well.

Next weeks episode should be good. Really good.
Old 2011-07-23, 05:00   Link #3355
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Loved the episode and I agree, it went by waaaay too fast. XD Erza looked so yummy in that outfit and her hair like that. And scaring the crap out of Natsu and Gray meant that she was convincingly cosplaying Knightwalker. And honestly, I didn't mind that they didn't do her reappearance exactly like the manga - I'd rather her finish the fight in the metal armor bikini outfit...XD
Old 2011-07-23, 12:39   Link #3356
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Loved the episode and I agree, it went by waaaay too fast. XD Erza looked so yummy in that outfit and her hair like that. And scaring the crap out of Natsu and Gray meant that she was convincingly cosplaying Knightwalker. And honestly, I didn't mind that they didn't do her reappearance exactly like the manga - I'd rather her finish the fight in the metal armor bikini outfit...XD
I don't know, Erza can pretty much scare those guys regardless if she's herself or pretending to be Knightwalker .

Not a bad episode. I seriously hope that they will deliver with the Erza vs Erza second round since we barely saw anything about their fight this time around. I suppose Erza shouldn't underestimate how durable she is. Talk about rotten timing for her to show up right when they had such a good chance to save everyone with one shot.

What a crazy battle between Gajeel and Lily. Could definitely see that guy being Gajeel's cat since he fits with his personality. Gajeel just kicked things up when getting the background for Lily, shattering the sword and starting a fist fight. Though they really don't have time now with the cannon having been fired.

Why does anyone care if the Exceeds are annihilated again? Just shows what a useless bunch they are. If the lives of the guild wasn't on the line I'd say let them get killed. Rough time for Wendy.
Old 2011-07-23, 17:07   Link #3357
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Best part was when Gajeel said he was going to make Panther Lily his cat. Nice plan by Erze too bad Knightwalker showed up again, for her to cut her hair she must be beyond pissed, hope we get a rematch. Nice job by Coco to have a giant monster as a pet. Wonder how they'; stop the lacrima. The king is even planning on using some forbidden magic to get the job done. I know Wendy's not a violent person but she could have used her magic to protect her and Carla from the stones. Also why didn't they just fly straight to the castle. By Nady's reaction it seems like they should be worried and listen to Wendy and Carla.
Old 2011-07-24, 06:22   Link #3358
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
The only valid point for Knightwalker to cut her hair is that Hiro probably thought that her character was a bit too beautiful and would overshadow the original. So he made her less badass with short hair and new less-impressive outfit that we can see in the intro. Looking forward to the 2nd match, of course.

Lily and Gajeel seem alike, a perfect wannabe partner no doubt.
Old 2011-07-24, 06:33   Link #3359
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
The only valid point for Knightwalker to cut her hair is that Hiro probably thought that her character was a bit too beautiful and would overshadow the original. So he made her less badass with short hair and new less-impressive outfit that we can see in the intro. Looking forward to the 2nd match, of course.

Lily and Gajeel seem alike, a perfect wannabe partner no doubt.
Uh, isn't it obvious that she cut her hair to make sure no one would get confused over which Erza was which again?

It's a defensive measure (and symbolic of her perceived loss)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 08:59   Link #3360
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Uh, isn't it obvious that she cut her hair to make sure no one would get confused over which Erza was which again?

It's a defensive measure (and symbolic of her perceived loss)
Symbolic? I mostly see them cutting their hair for the fresh start. But no, I'm not talking about the anime viewpoint, I'm talking about why Hiro made it go this way. Just storm through other forums and you'll see people liking the look of Knighwalker more then Scarlet. Besides, as the confusion goes, Scarlet can cut her hair just like that and they are both back at square one.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen