AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-09, 04:14   Link #141
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Probably not keeping his facts straight... for one thing the translation I did for SSX has Agito saying Belka and Al Hazard coexisting at the same yet in the text saying that Al Hazard was precursor civilization or destroyed civilization where the Belkans got their cool tech from...
Well, that's not that odd, it simply means that Al Hazard existed alongside the young Belka in it's final days, died out, and was plundered by Belka.
Old 2010-05-09, 09:37   Link #142
Jimmy C

That's my impression too.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:21   Link #143
Nagumo
Random Translator

The impression I got was quite different.

The text describes that Al Hazard no longer existed when Belka was going about it's business with crazy genetic manipulation and superior firepower.

Agito comes around and says that Al Hazard was active during the genetic manipulation arms race/development when they were discussing about the King of Garea's ability to create corpse soldiers.

SSX gives the impression that Al Hazard was active during the genetic arms race while the text seems to imply that Al Hazard was lost just around the beginning and that the tech was plundered.

We have an overlap in timeline, Agito says around the middle of the time line Al Hazard is alive and well, and the text says at the beginning of the time line, Al Hazard was dead and gone.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:25   Link #144
Arkeus

It might be because the King of Garea might have been before the genetic arms race, but had somehow got a hold of some Al Hazred tech.

In fact, i wouldn't be too surprised if Al Hazred 'disappeared' when they saw Belka was going to get into an arms race with the trickles they got.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:27   Link #145
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Kaijo's law: The longer a series progresses and the more materials developed for it, the greater the chance that the materials will begin to conflict with each other.

In short: Where things conflict, take yer pick. It's a large reason why I tend to try and stick with the basics, so that the minor details don't trip me up. I still get a big kick out of Blizzard's Official Warcraft Lore Guy completely messing up one of the basic tenets of the Warcraft series for the Burning Crusade expansion. It used to be the Draeni were the ones who corrupted Sargeras into a bad, evil guy; for the expansion, they gave the history as Sargeras was already a bad, evil guy and corrupted the Draeni. Whoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, that's not that odd, it simply means that Al Hazard existed alongside the young Belka in it's final days, died out, and was plundered by Belka.
But I'll buy that. It makes as much sense as anything. At least, until the next booklet, manga, anime, sound stage, etc. comes along and throws another wrench in the works, heh.
Old 2010-05-12, 19:10   Link #146
Nagumo
Random Translator

Spoiler for big picture:

Page 8
Former Mobile Six Division Members

Alto Krauetta: Former Mobile Six Division Helicopter reserve pilot. Was assigned to Main HQ, but recently transferred to the 108th Ground Battalion this year. She’s Subaru’s sempai/senior since she joined the TSAB before her but as they are both same age and been together at Mobile Six, they are great friends.

Vice Granscenic: Former Mobile Six Division Helicopter pilot, currently working at Main HQ. Was Alto and Teana’s sempai/senior during their time at Mobile Six. Possesses the sniper rifle type device [Storm Raider] and can act like a sniper if the situation calls for it.

108th Ground Battalion

Ginga Nakajima: 20 years old. Subaru’s older sister, and an Investigator for the 108th Ground Battalion. Her rank is Warrant Officer. As an Investigator and the oldest sister of the Nakajima family, she has a very busy public and private life.

Genya Nakajima: 108th Ground Battalion Commander, his rank is Major. In his private life, the head of the Nakajima family, spends his days caring for/raising his six daughters.

JS Incident Imprisoned Group

The Mastermind of the JS Incident and its principle players/main collaborators.
Imprisoned in orbital prisons. The second number No. 2 perished during the JS Incident itself.

Jail Scaglietti: The behind the scenes Mastermind of the JS Incident. A technological genius and father/creator of the Numbers.

Uno: Number No. 1. Scaglietti’s secretary and also helped balance his personal and work affairs. (ie The Secretary… who cuts his hair and probably makes sure he actually eats his vegetables…)

Tre: Numbers No. 3. Constantly worried about her sisters since entering society, absolutely refused to cooperate with the investigation or reform.

Quattro: Numbers No. 4. Possesses many secrets and important information, an extremely dangerous individual who still plans to make good on her escape despite the high security/monitoring on her. She spends her prison days calmly and unconcernedly plotting away. (ie Quattro is a determined to remain unbefriended)

Sette: Numbers No. 7. Activated near the last stages of the Incident. Compared to the other four, the degree of personal responsibility is light. Under the supervision of her warden, she is currently undergoing a rehabilitation program.

Page 9
Disc1-05 再開~ティアナとスバル
Reunion ~ Teana and Subaru

Teana who came to Midchilda investigating a case, and Subaru who works in the Special Rescue Unit.
An especially happy reunion between an excited/ecstatic Subaru and an embarrassed Teana.
No matter how much time has passed, an unchangeable friendship however…

Last edited by Nagumo; 2010-05-12 at 19:53.
Old 2010-05-16, 19:47   Link #147
Nagumo
Random Translator

Conclusion... I really suck at translating songs.

Also... if this song is dedicated to Ixpellia, then Ixpellia has one hell of a crush on Subaru.

Spoiler for big picture:

The sky… The stars… The wide Earth (before me) (alt: the earth that stretches before me.
The countless, endless years of history
And the bygone days of past grief

Even though my wingless back trembles
I still remember what I learned that day,
The color of the clear blue wind
The quiet bravery of beating/shaking heart
And all the love and gentleness it had

Gently/softly held, I close my eyes.
When shallow sleep breaks, (bad translation)
I will turn to you in a different time, (bad translation)
Smiling at you, and say
I love you

In the middle of my days,
I will feel start feeling lonely

Even though my forgotten/buried pain and sorrow
Shall cause my weak heart and body to tremble

That day I saw your eyes,
The deep clear color of the sea
That dearly beloved time I spent
Smiling gently upon your sincerity

The gentle words we softly shared
The warmth of your body
That whispered to me the feelings in your heart
Made my love for you grow ever stronger

That sky we saw together that day
the blue clear wide sky
I’m sure that the stars above
Shall smile upon us when we meet again.

Though we shall meet and part
in our brief time together
I know that we are strongly linked together
My precious kind friend/person

Under the same sky
I watched with My Friend

Spoiler for Lyrics in japanese:
Old 2010-09-04, 20:02   Link #148
Nagumo
Random Translator

I've just started translating the dictionary... it's um, rather technical in some places so I had been delaying getting it translated.

In any case I did an entry.

Page 16
The Ancient/Old Belkan Language (CD 2 Track 03)

Concerning Old Belkan language from the Sankt Kaiser Reunification War Era it is possible to decode by contrasting it to modern Belkan (note: I suppose the idea presented here is like comparing old Japanese to Modern Japanese or say Canterbury Tales Middle English to Modern English) , thus both Teana and Runessa can read and write simple Old Belkan.
Otto and Vivio are slightly more skilled at it, while Lutecia and Agito are skilled enough to be able to refer to original texts and translate them. (alt translations ‘are able to go to primary/prehistorical text’)
A future job as an ancient language translator is a possibility for Lutecia, her precise/meticulous translations rivals (are as good as) that of the Church.

Spoiler for large image:
Old 2010-09-04, 21:39   Link #149
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
A future job as an ancient language translator is a possibility for Lutecia, her precise/meticulous translations rivals (are as good as) that of the Church.
Shit, with this and all the stuff she does in Vivid, Lutecia's got a ton of abilities stacked doesn't she? Mage, translator, historian, archetect, device mechanic... What can't this girl do?

Thanks for all the translations, Nagumo. Keep up the good work
Old 2010-09-04, 22:27   Link #150
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Shit, with this and all the stuff she does in Vivid, Lutecia's got a ton of abilities stacked doesn't she? Mage, translator, historian, archetect, device mechanic... What can't this girl do?

Thanks for all the translations, Nagumo. Keep up the good work
Deflower Vivio, thanks to a certain author...

*flees*
Old 2010-09-04, 22:36   Link #151
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Deflower Vivio, thanks to a certain author...

*flees*
Eh... Just give her some insta...

*Stabbed by Garyuu*

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-09-06, 12:42   Link #152
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
I've just started translating the dictionary... it's um, rather technical in some places so I had been delaying getting it translated.
Oh, neat! *drooling over the revelation of future details already*

(I'm rather impressed by Lutecia's skill. Agito makes more sense, it being her native language and all. Though now it brings up yet another question: if it requires the expertise of translators to read Old Belkan, exactly how are all of these Midchildans going to Earth and speaking Japanese?)
Old 2010-09-06, 12:49   Link #153
Jimmy C

Some languages are harder (much harder) than others, I suppose.
Old 2010-09-06, 15:22   Link #154
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ancient belkan is old japanese? x_x;

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-09-06, 18:33   Link #155
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
exactly how are all of these Midchildans going to Earth and speaking Japanese?)
Speaking can be waved out as wonky mind magic. Reading can't.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:09   Link #156
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Ancient belkan is old japanese? x_x;
What? No, no, you're misunderstanding my intent. I'm not saying Ancient Belkan is old Japanese, I'm saying it's comparable to say a modern Japanese language user attempting to read old Japanese. Modern English to Middle English, Modern Arabic to Ancient Arabic or even Latin evolving through the ages.

There are some similarities that modern English has with old English that you can compare and contrast too.

Shield = shylde

That sort of similarity. I did mention Canterbury Tales vs Modern English to better clarify.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:17   Link #157
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
haha, no, i'm not misinterpreting. I'm just figuring its what the creators might do. Language is rarely done honestly in fiction let alone scifi.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-09-08, 21:02   Link #158
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:

Spoiler for large image:
Page 16

Marine Garden (Disk 1, track 05)

A theme park constructed over the sea.
It has an underwater tunnel that goes deep into the ocean depths where you can walk and enjoy. It also possesses a very large amusement park and event hall with an unrivalled/sweeping view of the sea and port/harbour.
Connecting the land and undersea tunnel is an oversea bridge route called the ‘Aqua Line’ where you can enjoy the surrounding view. It has become a favoured tourist spot.
Old 2010-09-11, 14:34   Link #159
Kallen4life

Quote:
The last Soundstages from C76 Comiket reinforce the Happy Yuri Family with a large amount of its tracks dedicated to Nanoha, Fate and Vivio's family life together as the "Takamachi Family" (also see in the name of one of the tracks, "Takamachi Family Gathering", where Nanoha take care of Fate and Vivio, and share some happy family time together). In the prologue of this same Soundstage, Vivio say she is Nanoha and Fate's child.
I got this from tvtropes .. is this stage among the ones translated in the thread ? if not - where could I find it ?

is it StrikerS or ViVid soundstage ?
Old 2010-09-11, 14:41   Link #160
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Yeah, it's here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...28#post2694828
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...84#post2747484

Don't expect to it be quite what TV Tropes tries to make it out to be, though.