AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 09:33   Link #21
MrZombie

Yes, I'd also like to know, just what the hell's going to happen now.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:46   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

there is something really scaring me.
this picture :

i do not pretend to be able to interpret it well whatsoever, so please correct me or add more details if required.
What i could gather is:
The show asked if Games can put make people violet/murderers.
There is the mention of the 16 years old girl on the top left, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is shown as the game in question...

Why do i believe they think "you have to kill your enemies with a hatchet in this game" crap ?

No wonder why Toukai TV had to withdraw the higurashi episode if such commotion is done by the media...
Old 2007-09-20, 09:52   Link #23
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
God that fucking sucks.

What will happen to the episode, will it be shown next week?
There's still 5 or 6 stations left that haven't mentioned whether or not they're going to air it this week.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:52   Link #24
MarthX

Yes, let's single out Higurashi even though there are thousands of other series with killing.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:56   Link #25
GyroidFanatic

But how many of those series have girls killing with ax-like things?
Old 2007-09-20, 09:58   Link #26
Kirarakim

Quote:
Yes, let's single out Higurashi even though there are thousands of other series with killing.
While I am against the banning of this show there are not many shows that involve violence against young children and young children committing acts of violence.

However I don't feel TV, music, video games and so forth should be blamed for violent acts.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:06   Link #27
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
While I am against the banning of this show there are not many shows that involve violence against young children and young children committing acts of violence.
Young children? Only Satoko and Rika could be considered as such and I haven't noticed them killing anyone. And violence commited by teenagers happens quite often in action anime. If the media pressure forces TVs to cancel a Higurashi episode, the media might as well press for the arrest the producers of say Black Lagoon for the Hensel and Gretel episodes...

Old 2007-09-20, 10:09   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Now this is just stupid. Fine enough for school days seens as it draws parallel with normal life but zomg higurashi is just fiction or set in a fiction way. If they are so fixated on synthesizing with the family then all violent games should be called back

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-20, 10:10   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

misinformation about the game might be the plague.

just in case people didn't see, since it was pushed on the other page :

this picture looks like an harbringer of doom...

EDIT: i could get the text for the white quote, so using some silly babelfish.
山村での連続怪死事件がテーマ。
主人公の少女は親の離婚騒動がトラウマに。
を使って敵を殺していく。

==> babelfish, with some "decent" grammar fix.

This game has a theme about continuous mysterious death incident in the moutain.
The protagonist is a girl who got a trauma from the choc of the divorce.
Using an axe, she is killing her enemies.

yeah right, using Rena example, skipping the details in the same process. WAY TO GO !

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-09-20 at 10:25.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:39   Link #30
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Young children? Only Satoko and Rika could be considered as such and I haven't noticed them killing anyone. And violence commited by teenagers happens quite often in action anime. If the media pressure forces TVs to cancel a Higurashi episode, the media might as well press for the arrest the producers of say Black Lagoon for the Hensel and Gretel episodes...

Satoko and Rika might not have killed anyone but they were brutally killed (and tortured) in arcs. And Satoko did knock Keichii off a bridge.

Mion, Shion, Rena and Keiichi might not be little children but they are still young. The girl who committed the actual murder was only 16.

I honestly don't notice a lot of shows where violent acts of murder and torture are committed by children or teenagers.

And I already said I didn't think the show should be canceled but don't you think you are overreacting? Canceling a TV show does not equal arrests. For all we know they will air the show another week or another station will air it.

Although from what I've seen the first season of Higurashi was a lot worse in violent content than the second season.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:42   Link #31
MarthX

They should show the episode online.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:46   Link #32
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
山村での連続怪死事件がテーマ。
主人公の少女は親の離婚騒動がトラウマに。
斧を使って敵を殺していく。
A little (but not entirely) more accurate:

The game is about a series of mysterious deaths in a mountain village.
A young girl protagonist is suffering trauma from the divorce of her parents.
She uses a hatchet to kill her enemies.

And yes, this is ridiculous, I hope the other stations don't jump on the bandwagon.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:52   Link #33
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
And I already said I didn't think the show should be canceled but don't you think you are overreacting. Canceling a TV show does not equal arrests.
I was being sarcastic.

Quote:
I honestly don't notice a lot of shows where violent acts of murder and torture are committed by children or teenagers.
Maybe so if one thinks in terms of actual crimes but young characters dying or killing is pretty common. In virtually every mecha the protagonists are young and are forced to defeat and cause the death of enemy pilots. There is virtual cannibalism in Claymore and no one seems to be complaining. Light in Death Note killed tons of people while he was a teen and he was a hero for a lot of the viewers. In Noir some of the characters started killing before their tenth birthday...and I am talking about some of the protagonists. And so on and so forth.

Quote:
This game has a theme about continuous mysterious death incident in the moutain.
The protagonist is a girl who got a trauma from the choc of the divorce.
Using an axe, she is killing her enemies.
Even if Higurashi had a murder which is virtually the same as the one that happened in real life so lot? That doesn't prove there is a cause and effect connection betweeen the anime/game and the murder. Next thing you know when some hitman is arrested Noir might be cited as his/her inspiration...

Old 2007-09-20, 11:00   Link #34
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
"single out"?

You must have missed the news that School Days final episode was canned for the exact same reason.
Old 2007-09-20, 11:00   Link #35
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

This is freakin retarded! C'mon people, WAKE UP! How far is too far? They've definitely went too far in cancelling Higurashi.

While I'm on it. In regards to the School Days incident.
NICE FOOD! will be what I'm looking for when I watch that cooking show that's in place of Higurashi...
Old 2007-09-20, 11:02   Link #36
MarthX

School Days is a lot more similar to the incident. I know for a fact that nothing in 12 would have been. It was pulled simply because Higurashi is known for being violent.
Old 2007-09-20, 11:10   Link #37
Kusaja

Quote:
School Days is a lot more similar to the incident. I know for a fact that nothing in 12 would have been. It was pulled simply because Higurashi is known for being violent.
Which is senseless, but then again they aren't even describing Higurashi correctly and in context in that sign either...paranoia and hysteria don't care much for the details, do they?
Old 2007-09-20, 12:09   Link #38
MarthX

7/20: Tokai Television - FAIL
7/21: KBS Kyoto - ?
7/24: Sun Television - ?
7/26: AT-X - ? (BEST CHANCE)
7/29: tvk - ?

6 more days of waiting. Ugh...

But on the bright side if Tokai only skips 12. We'll see 12 on AT-X then 13 the next day on Tokai. But since 13 is a lot bloodier than 12 I don't have much faith.
Old 2007-09-20, 12:17   Link #39
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

the thing is the tense might be dropped within the week.
Also, considering they swapped a show for Higurashi, they might insert the episode 12 somewhere.

there is however a very VERY dangerous news with what i have shown :
http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/09/20/...-axe-an-anime/

i'm not... not really relieved
Old 2007-09-20, 12:24   Link #40
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
I kind of disagree. I think that it was more appropriate to pull Higurashi than
school days. School days was either going to be a saw cutting someone, or a stabbing. While it is violent, it is less similar. It's the quick single stroke or stab that results in the death, and the motions are much different. And axe and Rena's cleaver have the same motions to them, and are typically used to attack more than once. They are actually very similar.

But they replaced Higurashi with... a cooking show? If it's that needed, shouldn't they change it from a violent show to a non-violent? Maybe the slicing of the meat will make somone thing to kill her father?