AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 06:34   Link #4001
Levy
differently sober

I can say the same about Karen and the CCXLelouch. I'm more for the latter, but love Karen's character better because despite C.C. being awesome, I more easily relate with "human" than "superhuman" characters.

Indeed Moe C.C. was crap, but she's not the character in wich I'm more disappointed in the end. Not even entering the support cast, that is kind of normal has very poor development in a show like this, Suzaku, Schneizel and Charles are the one the left me quite -ghu..? ° ° - at the writers. But thi is OT.

Everytime she's on screen, beside the moe part, I've been quite satisfied with the rendition of her character.

One of the parts I liked the most was her look of despise at Lelouch and Suzaku taking over Britannia - like if the muse of History herself was looking at the boys with concern. Obviously, C.C. knew already wich was their plan, but to the viewers, that did not know by that time, that scene really thrilled the sensation that something unheard in history of the world was a' coming.

...or maybe, C.C. was just pitying them there because they took over the most powerfull Empire of the World... wearing school uniforms !! *_*

Oh-oh.. Such little rascals you two are =P
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 04:34   Link #4002
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
I can say the same about Karen and the CCXLelouch. I'm more for the latter, but love Karen's character better because despite C.C. being awesome, I more easily relate with "human" than "superhuman" characters.

Indeed Moe C.C. was crap, but she's not the character in wich I'm more disappointed in the end. Not even entering the support cast, that is kind of normal has very poor development in a show like this, Suzaku, Schneizel and Charles are the one the left me quite -ghu..? ° ° - at the writers. But thi is OT.

Everytime she's on screen, beside the moe part, I've been quite satisfied with the rendition of her character.

One of the parts I liked the most was her look of despise at Lelouch and Suzaku taking over Britannia - like if the muse of History herself was looking at the boys with concern. Obviously, C.C. knew already wich was their plan, but to the viewers, that did not know by that time, that scene really thrilled the sensation that something unheard in history of the world was a' coming.

...or maybe, C.C. was just pitying them there because they took over the most powerfull Empire of the World... wearing school uniforms !! *_*

She looked more sad to me than despising =P. But then again, it was probably the uniforms! Even though those things are pretty damn sweet. Why cant my school have kickass uniforms like that? *pouts*
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 08:00   Link #4003
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
She looked more sad to me than despising =P.
Well, it is sad. xDD
Hot, but sad...
Errr... I mean... fancy, yeah! Fancy! xD
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 12:41   Link #4004
Lunara
Pure Beauty

Quote:

Yes. Before I knew CC had that look on her face, I thought she saw two madmen and wanted to do somethng about it, but then again that sort of does relate to Zero Requiem.
Lunara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:34   Link #4005
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Girls, just let me say I'm kinda relieved.. after all the mess in the romance thread is nice to hear that so active KaLulu fans do actually love C.C. <3

..or it's just a tactical move to come fishing for new naive CLuClu fans in what is supposed to be their base, so that the wank can go on?

C.C. too had her character development in R2, less than Karen and Nunnaly, but more than Suzaku, for example.
As for kissing Charles and the naked man, well, me as an adult has no problem with that, but I understand that a teenage would have been traumatized forever by the image of Curly kissing anything, so I understand why they erased that part.
No, most Kallen fans I have talked to at the very least did not hate C.C at first if they eventually disliked her. Namely because she was actually interesting in R1. But they held off on the Geass plot too long and her character stagnated because of it. The mysterious character hook can only hold someone's attention for so long before they start wanting to see more from that character. Regardless of personal taste on character traits, C.C's character was poorly utilized and executed in R2.

The only character development that C.C has had in R2 was in episode fifteen. Even then it was not really character development as most of it was devoted to her background in Geass and some scenes between Lelouch and Charles. Not to mention after that episode her character was effectively reset into that child version of her and stopping any character development that could have happened. So no I would have to disagree that she had more character development then Suzaku. Actually I'd say they are about the same, which would lead into another grip I have of how R2 handled Suzaku's character. -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 07:24   Link #4006
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
No, most Kallen fans I have talked to at the very least did not hate C.C at first if they eventually disliked her. Namely because she was actually interesting in R1. But they held off on the Geass plot too long and her character stagnated because of it. The mysterious character hook can only hold someone's attention for so long before they start wanting to see more from that character. Regardless of personal taste on character traits, C.C's character was poorly utilized and executed in R2.

The only character development that C.C has had in R2 was in episode fifteen. Even then it was not really character development as most of it was devoted to her background in Geass and some scenes between Lelouch and Charles. Not to mention after that episode her character was effectively reset into that child version of her and stopping any character development that could have happened. So no I would have to disagree that she had more character development then Suzaku. Actually I'd say they are about the same, which would lead into another grip I have of how R2 handled Suzaku's character. -.-
Nah. Suzaku had a lot of development than C.C. Moe C.C. was just for fanservice or a temporary twist or something. Or else they wouldn't be able to put the Moe C.C. X Anya scene.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 13:25   Link #4007
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Nah. Suzaku had a lot of development than C.C. Moe C.C. was just for fanservice or a temporary twist or something. Or else they wouldn't be able to put the Moe C.C. X Anya scene.
Suzaku did not undergo much if any character development as of R2. He went from doing whatever it took to obtain the status of Knight of one to essentially the same thing with Lelouch. Granted he thought it was the right thing for him to do but his character did not undergo much change. His one moment that may have sparked any character development was with Shirley's forgiveness speech but that was basically ignored. I suppose you can say he gained some insight and in the end decided to trust Lelouch again but that is not much.

And C.C was not used for much other then fanservice period. Pizza hut merchandizing and pink knightmares ring any bells?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:27   Link #4008
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Suzaku did not undergo much if any character development as of R2. He went from doing whatever it took to obtain the status of Knight of one to essentially the same thing with Lelouch. Granted he thought it was the right thing for him to do but his character did not undergo much change. His one moment that may have sparked any character development was with Shirley's forgiveness speech but that was basically ignored. I suppose you can say he gained some insight and in the end decided to trust Lelouch again but that is not much.

And C.C was not used for much other then fanservice period. Pizza hut merchandizing and pink knightmares ring any bells?

The only person who really had any character development was Lelouch, the rest was nothing more than fanservice.

"Oh Look Lelouch is making some awesome speech"
"Kallen is in a bunny suit"
"Oh look C.C is moe and crawling on the ground"
"Look at Suzaku and his sexy shoulder"
"Look Kallen just beat the shit out of Suzaku, I totally forgot I hated this plotline, and the whole thing was a complete waste of time"

Suzaku just flipped flopped before swearing his allegiance to Lelouch and not changing his ways
Ougi and Todou became worthless idiots who sold out Lelouch for someone worse
Schneizel's only worth was for a short meme
Kallen just fell in love with Lelouch
C.C just decided to stay immortal which was mostly done in Season 1

Considering the ending I would expect that Ougi would be shown to be a competent leader. Its kind of like they tried to go the Gurren Lagann route, except that Rossiu was shown to be a good leader in the first few time skips episode, where as Ougi just gift wrapped the Black Knights for Schneizel.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:32   Link #4009
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The only person who really had any character development was Lelouch, the rest was nothing more than fanservice.

"Oh Look Lelouch is making some awesome speech"
"Kallen is in a bunny suit"
"Oh look C.C is moe and crawling on the ground"
"Look at Suzaku and his sexy shoulder"
"Look Kallen just beat the shit out of Suzaku, I totally forgot I hated this plotline, and the whole thing was a complete waste of time"

Suzaku just flipped flopped before swearing his allegiance to Lelouch and not changing his ways
Ougi and Todou became worthless idiots who sold out Lelouch for someone worse
Schneizel's only worth was for a short meme
Kallen just fell in love with Lelouch
C.C just decided to stay immortal which was mostly done in Season 2

Considering the ending I would expect that Ougi would be shown to be a competent leader. Its kind of like they tried to go the Gurren Lagann route, except that Rossiu was shown to be a good leader in the first few time skips episode, where as Ougi just gift wrapped the Black Knights for Schneizel.
I know how you feel, dude. But it could've been worse. Ougi is like an extra who ended up with an awesome character. Even though C.C. only had her episode 15 as her spotlight , I still like her. Before she didn't care much about the world but because of her "Partnership" with Lelouch to keep him alive and granting her wish that he would make her happy , she showed signs that she was still human. That's enough for me to be happy as a C.C. fan. ♥
Old 2008-11-28, 01:39   Link #4010
Charred Knight

Quote:
I know how you feel, dude. But it could've been worse. Ougi is like an extra who ended up with an awesome character. Even though C.C. only had her episode 15 as her spotlight , I still like her. Before she didn't care much about the world but because of her "Partnership" with Lelouch to keep him alive and granting her wish that he would make her happy , she showed signs that she was still human. That's enough for me to be happy as a C.C. fan. ♥
I will never understand what they where thinking with Ougi. The whole Prime Minister thing was thrown to us at the last second.

As for C.C she was really the only character who was interesting, she was mysterious, she was original, and they never used her except for the ending, and fanservice shots of her laying around.
Old 2008-11-28, 01:49   Link #4011
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I will never understand what they where thinking with Ougi. The whole Prime Minister thing was thrown to us at the last second.

As for C.C she was really the only character who was interesting, she was mysterious, she was original, and they never used her except for the ending, and fanservice shots of her laying around.
Rofl. Ougi was a joke. Seriously. If he only had good looks and leadership skills , he wouldn't be hated like this. I mean, he EVEN GOT VILLETA PREGNANT! She's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league.

About C.C , I really like how they made her character. She's addicted to pizza and stuff and it causes Lelouch problems ROFL. Is it true that Lelouch was the one who sewed her clothes?
Old 2008-11-28, 17:19   Link #4012
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
About C.C , I really like how they made her character. She's addicted to pizza and stuff and it causes Lelouch problems ROFL. Is it true that Lelouch was the one who sewed her clothes?
That wouldn't be surprising due to Lelouch's talents in such menial things. I mean he certainly is one hell of a cook. Only thing he lacks it seems is athletic ability. I swear he was shown sewing something, but I could be mistaken.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 21:03   Link #4013
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Rofl. Ougi was a joke. Seriously. If he only had good looks and leadership skills , he wouldn't be hated like this. I mean, he EVEN GOT VILLETA PREGNANT! She's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league.
The fact is that even IRL, some very pretty girls and boys have not inevitably boyfriend/girlfriend as pretty as them.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 22:00   Link #4014
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Usually they have an attractive personality. Ougi was a *censored for extreme hatred of an animated character*. I guess he was always good to Villeta so I'll second Narona's remark for it's epic truthyness.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 22:35   Link #4015
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That wouldn't be surprising due to Lelouch's talents in such menial things. I mean he certainly is one hell of a cook. Only thing he lacks it seems is athletic ability. I swear he was shown sewing something, but I could be mistaken.
Yes, Lelouch can sew. I read it somewhere.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 22:37   Link #4016
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Yes, Lelouch can sew. I read it somewhere.
He can and is very good at it! It was officially stated in the "interview with lelouch lamperouge".

There is also an artwork where we can see him sewing c.c.'s clothes.
Old 2008-11-28, 23:31   Link #4017
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
He can and is very good at it! It was officially stated in the "interview with lelouch lamperouge".

There is also an artwork where we can see him sewing c.c.'s clothes.
Oh, right. I remember that! The one where Lelouch has a funny look on his face.

And yeah, I think I agree with Narona. Maybe there's something only Villeta can see.
Old 2008-11-29, 00:09   Link #4018
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Oh, right. I remember that! The one where Lelouch has a funny look on his face.

And yeah, I think I agree with Narona. Maybe there's something only Villeta can see.
Not only villetta, but some viewers too XD

And about the artwork, here (i have it because I started to vectorize it, before dropping it XD) (this is not the full size artwork)

Old 2008-11-29, 00:21   Link #4019
Charred Knight

I like the part where Suzaku blushes as Lelouch sews, it really shows how sad their relationship was with Suzaku having to kill the man he loves.
Old 2008-11-29, 00:22   Link #4020
NyxOne

...He's looking at C.C., you twit.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote