AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-30, 02:27   Link #2821
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Hm, the subtitle is wrong?

Alto's body language also answered Ozma's question regardless of saying or not. One thing I've learned about anime is you have to listen to the characters words and actions. Alto's actions were "I want to quit." He did not need to speak it to truly say that. Even Ozma understood that much.
Firstly, wanting to quit and planning to quit are quite different.

Secondly, my assumption is that Alto was questioning what he was doing there. Perhaps he thought about quitting, yes. But either way, it is still an assumption. As is yours.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-30, 02:34   Link #2822
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Firstly, wanting to quit and planning to quit are quite different.

Secondly, my assumption is that Alto was questioning what he was doing there. Perhaps he thought about quitting, yes. But either way, it is still an assumption. As is yours.
As opposed to actually battling against Ozma/the SMS first in the TV series in the end. It doesn't mean he wasn't torn over this, but he was certainly less so than in the movie.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-10-30, 02:37   Link #2823
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
As opposed to actually battling against Ozma/the SMS first in the TV series in the end.
Which, even to Ozma's surprise, Alto had gotten pretty good. Though I wondered what would have happened if one of them died.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-30, 03:14   Link #2824
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
According to Kawamori in an interview, after being bombarded by fans regarding that very question, he basically said yes, and was surprised that people would ask him.

- Tak
You gotta ask yourself how high the guy is at all times to not even think of that possibility... ^^

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I really want to love this film. There are just so many great things about it. It's good enough that I'm willing to consider it the superior to the TV version that I love so much even though there's a lot of things I miss from the TV series.

But there's one thing that's totally ruining it for me, and that's the bit I'd mentioned about their portrayal of Sheryl. There's a lot to love about the movie version of Sheryl, but I just cannot easily let her knowing what was going to happen to Ranka slide. The idea that she'd sit idly by and let the other Galaxy conspirators kill Ranka and transplant Ranka's organs into her body is just too horrible for me. She didn't seem entirely comfortable with things and I realise that her only real family (Grace) is one of the conspirators, but that's just not enough for me to be able to just accept that.

(I'm kind of sorry to keep coming back to this issue, but I'm having a lot of trouble coming to terms with it.)
It really puts a blemish on the character, yes. Not the best storytelling decision.

But I still prefer TV series Sheryl, anyway. ^^

---

Quote:
Yes, he developed better in the movie, but that was mostly because he was thrown into the war with information before he made decisions. As someone here mentioned, he stopped doing things "half-assed." And that was something he failed to do in the series. He actually took things as they went in the series and just allowed himself to be pulled by the strings (which went against him choosing his destiny). But regardless of his characteristics, he still developed quite nicely in the series. I can see movie!Alto being a more defined version of series!Alto. Remember that the storyline is different here. In the series, he failed to understand the war around him except the "kill or be killed" bit. In the movie, this Alto became a hero (like with Shin and other Macross male characters from the past) something that failed in the series badly.
I will say that they clearly put him much into the hero role in this movie, with him getting the prototype fighterand being chosen to lead the charge, but his motives were not more or less heroic than the ones of series!Alto. Only because Alto from the series did not have all the information until much later than Alto from the movie did not make his heroism any lesser.

And development-wise, series!Alto simply was given another direction, which let his character grow equally than movie!Alto, only for other reasons. Again, much of the heightened assertiveness of movie!Alto happened because the other characters actually talked to him about his own feelings, putting him on the spot to explain them. That is something which the movies clearly did better than the series.
Old 2011-10-30, 03:18   Link #2825
Thess

Oopsie. I mean he was less so in the movie. Verbal exchange is less dramatic and serious than battle in valkyries.

Quote:
Which, even to Ozma's surprise, Alto had gotten pretty good. Though I wondered what would have happened if one of them died.

- Tak
Yes. That was my point. He was conflicted in the TV series too, but he was more aggressive about his resistance.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-10-30, 03:19   Link #2826
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

I actually downloaded the raw version of the movie right when it was made available but after hearing the subs would be released REAL fast, I actually managed to stop myself somehow from spoiling myself until I saw it with english subtitles...which I did right now, I just finished watching it a minute ago (aka, the very moment the ed credit stopped I ran here XD) and came to share a bit of my pov and feelings about it while it's still 'fresh'

Well, to start with, the triangle certainly didn't get as much protagonism as it did in the series, which is normal, this being only a 2h movie, and somehow, it made me feel like, I mean the whole thing, that the producers were telling me : "hey! this is a macross series, not a soap drama!". Well, no actually, YES, the focus was still largely on the 3 of them, what I mean is that I didn't feel it as strongly for some reason (do I make sens?)

Anyway! I spoiled myself a lot these past months (but not completely, I still skipped many things on purpose), like many others here, but still, there are countless things I didn't get a true grasp on until I actually watched them now: I sincerely didn't realize/know that Also actually voluntarily left with the vajra, I always had in mind the TV series and sort of had imagined it was an accident, that he was forcefully dragged into the folding or something.

I also see that they sparred all the principal characters, no deaths to weep on here
Which makes me think we could very well see some of them in future Macross series, who knows?

Animation: magnificent, very fluid and vibrant. Really Beautiful, and more than once, I really felt the need to see some scene in big screen!!! >.<

Many tributes to the others Macross series, which was enjoyable of course ^^

I also very much like the fact we got a better grasp on the story plot, which seemed to be sometimes drowned under the love drama in the TV series. The other thing I liked (in both movies actually) is the fact Alto was a kabuki actor *is* important and played a bit part in forging what he is today.

Back to the romance aspect, well, I don't know...I am on AltoxSheryl side, I think both movies made it clear that Ranka was a very important existence to Alto, but not romantically speaking even though he had his blushing crisis here and there. But on the other side, I almost feel like asking: when did the guy get so attached to Sheryl? I mean, ok, they had a date in movie 1, lots of talking and the whole earring thing, and of course, we can argue that there is no need for some fairy tale scene for love to bloom, it could even be born from a single glance! Still, I am a fan, this is an anime, and I confess I would have liked to see something...more? in this 2d movie. There actually seems to be a lot more of feelings and emotions put between Sheryl and Ranka! I could feel they were both bonded a lot in this movie, with their singing, their feelings for Alto and the whole v-type infection together with their resolution to sing for all the people they love.
The importance of music and the songstresses also felt stronger in the movies, as an alternative to end end war when everything seems lost...well, the usual theme ^^

This is not the ideal ending I would have wished for, I already knew about it for month but I still couldn't help myself from griving about it all the same, actually it's very sad: Time stopped for both Alto and Sheryl together with the ed credit; one vanished, the other is in coma. From past experience, I hardly thing we will ever see them again in the future, the best I expect is maybe for their faith/future to be hinted on somehow? But at the end of this movie, there is no such thing, we got only Hope: but the actual facts is that they might never be together.
When all is said and done, the lucky ones are still the ones who made it out alive *awake and THERE, not in some unknown part of the galaxy*, of course, being the 'one left behind' is harsh, but I'd still say that Ranka got the better part together with the rest of the crew: enhanced character, more likable all around compared to the TV series, the whole part with her 'betraying' Frontier and running off to the vajra is gone with here being 100% on the 'good side' from start to end, she will also be the only one left as a singer in the future (there is no proof Sheryl will ever wake up after all, here moving her lips to the music in the ed credit means nothing to me if I don't see her with both eyes open, sorry) and well, she is healthy and alive and none of her initial friends died, so she is not alone either? Well, my point is that they worked hard on her, just like they did on Minmay in DYRM. That said, being the rejected one is definitely not funny and they all have the responsibility to create a new world in this new planet. But again, I still find it better than coma and disappearance.

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~
Old 2011-10-30, 03:32   Link #2827
magnuskn

Quote:
Actually, due to the cut in the film, it is easy to suggest that Grace tells Sheryl more about the severity of the situation whilst Ranka is with Alto on the beach. Sheryl even has a little flashback of it in the car, which is to suggest that Grace has told her the truth (or her version of it).
Now, this is very interesting. I just rewatched that set of scenes and it makes it look like Sheryl is at least considering going along with it ( due to her despair of being about to die or have to undergo cyborg-ization ). It also seems to be what makes her accept being imprisoned, because she thinks she actually deserves it.

This absolves her of being involved in the long term planning of the conspiracy, but still has her have a moral lapse for a short time ( and it really is short... basically just before, during and shortly after Rankas concert. A span of one day or so ).

I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, as it shows that Sheryl can also undergo a moral downfall. It does help to humanize her even more, but the severity of the action she apparently consented to ( harvesting Rankas organs ) or at least didn't reject immediately, is so horrific that it may have been too much.
Old 2011-10-30, 03:41   Link #2828
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Now, this is very interesting. I just rewatched that set of scenes and it makes it look like Sheryl is at least considering going along with it ( due to her despair of being about to die or have to undergo cyborg-ization ). It also seems to be what makes her accept being imprisoned, because she thinks she actually deserves it.

This absolves her of being involved in the long term planning of the conspiracy, but still has her have a moral lapse for a short time ( and it really is short... basically just before, during and shortly after Rankas concert. A span of one day or so ).

I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, as it shows that Sheryl can also undergo a moral downfall. It does help to humanize her even more, but the severity of the action she apparently consented to ( harvesting Rankas organs ) or at least didn't reject immediately, is so horrific that it may have been too much.
Well, I believe Sheryl is both considering it and not wanting to go along with it. Ranka is her friend, someone she's grown close to, a person who's entered her life and given her hope and love, and such a thing might (or might not - in some cases) kill her. Sheryl is ultimately weighing the "who is most likely to survive" or "who is stronger" piece that the series showed near the end (Ep24 reference). Now, I could be wrong there; but watching her facial expressions during Ranka's concert seem to hit on the "who is stronger" piece. It is not necessarily about the fact she'll choose to die or live but rather if she takes Ranka's life, what will the others do? Namely Alto, since she's so attached to him. The severity of the situation really gives her an outlook on everything. And later, in the hospital, she tells Alto not to sacrifice his life anymore; which leads me to believe that Sheryl has chosen not to harvest Ranka's organs, because she wants Ranka to live and be happy with Alto (though still in love with him) and this actually works well as an Ep24 scene of "rescue Ranka-chan" from dying Sheryl to living Alto (weighing the options of who can live and make him happy in her absence).

Now, there never actually was a scene in the movie where Grace told Sheryl they needed to harvest Ranka's "organs." Actually, only "blood" was mentioned. But like I said, the cut in the movie can lead one to believe that more was said in-between scenes. Until Brera shows up underneath Alcatraz, Sheryl never mentions about "organs." Up until that point, I'm pretty sure that Ranka and Alto (along with everyone else) was unaware that Galaxy wanted Ranka (just like Alto suspected in movie 1, though towards the wrong girl). And actually, Ranka's ability finishes Sheryl's sentence from movie 1 at Griffith Park (when both girls have the flashback of Mao and Ranshe, child!Ranka), "you are..." with "...the person who can communicate with the Vajra." I think that is what morally brought Sheryl down since the ending of the 1st movie if we add in the 2nd movie's conversation with Grace revealing her deal in Project Fairy.

Sheryl undergoes a small moral downfall in the series (realizing she's dying, Grace has betrayed her) but she actually stands back up easier in the series. In the movies, she's shipped to Alcatraz soon after; not a lot of time to absorb everything. But she allows herself to fall so far in the pit and not try to explain things to people (even tries to avoid Ranka) that it makes her seem like the bad person, and I'm inclined to agree with Alto on the "being betrayed" bit; because she makes no effort to clear the air with Ranka up until Ranka speaks up and makes her listen. That doesn't seem like the girl from the first movie who went "I am not alone anymore" because now she pushes away those who could help her or still stay with her. And Ranka came to visit her (which shows that Ranka is trying to clear the air). I just failed to see how it made her strong or amazing when she allowed herself to become the victim when she should be trying to take what little life she has left (like she did in the series) and do something with it. After Ranka's touching words, Sheryl starts writing lyrics on the wall, an improvement, one that failed in the series when Alto tried to encourage her, as only the people around did so.

As for Sheryl consenting to harvesting Ranka's organs, there's no vocal agreement of such, so I doubt she was intending to. She didn't respond to Grace's words in the car either. I think that Sheryl (and I'll say it again) was weighing the options like in the series. Ultimately, that's one blend of the series that I liked about her: actually taking time to think it all out. But yes, I agree; the whole plot of that was horrid and a little over the top, even for Macross.

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2011-10-30 at 03:55. Reason: misread, rewrote
Old 2011-10-30, 03:44   Link #2829
magnuskn

Quote:
Oh, I get that; but what I was more referring to is when Sheryl might've learned of the whole "need Ranka's organs" when only "blood" was mentioned in the scene back there. Up until Brera shows up after Alcatraz, Sheryl never mentions about the "organs" part. Which leads me to believe that Grace said more about the plan to Sheryl after the scene cut. Which would explain why Sheryl is not only considering it but also upset. After all, Ranka is her friend, someone she's grown close to, and such a thing might (or might not in some cases) kill her.
I think it's pretty clear from Graces quote in the car of this going to be Rankas last concert.

I am more interested in the moral implications for Sheryls character, though. I'm still deciding if this is "too much" or "an interesting conondrum". ^^
Old 2011-10-30, 03:46   Link #2830
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Oh, I get that; but what I was more referring to is when Sheryl might've learned of the whole "need Ranka's organs" when only "blood" was mentioned in the scene back there. Up until Brera shows up after Alcatraz, Sheryl never mentions about the "organs" part. Which leads me to believe that Grace said more about the plan to Sheryl after the scene cut.
The sub missed out the organs part. Grace said something along the lines of "her blood, and all her organs which already have antibodies" in that scene.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-30, 03:49   Link #2831
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesherry View Post
Back to the romance aspect, well, I don't know...I am on AltoxSheryl side, I think both movies made it clear that Ranka was a very important existence to Alto, but not romantically speaking even though he had his blushing crisis here and there. But on the other side, I almost feel like asking: when did the guy get so attached to Sheryl? I mean, ok, they had a date in movie 1, lots of talking and the whole earring thing, and of course, we can argue that there is no need for some fairy tale scene for love to bloom, it could even be born from a single glance! Still, I am a fan, this is an anime, and I confess I would have liked to see something...more? in this 2d movie. There actually seems to be a lot more of feelings and emotions put between Sheryl and Ranka! I could feel they were both bonded a lot in this movie, with their singing, their feelings for Alto and the whole v-type infection together with their resolution to sing for all the people they love.
The importance of music and the songstresses also felt stronger in the movies, as an alternative to end end war when everything seems lost...well, the usual theme ^^

This is not the ideal ending I would have wished for, I already knew about it for month but I still couldn't help myself from griving about it all the same, actually it's very sad: Time stopped for both Alto and Sheryl together with the ed credit; one vanished, the other is in coma. From past experience, I hardly thing we will ever see them again in the future, the best I expect is maybe for their faith/future to be hinted on somehow? But at the end of this movie, there is no such thing, we got only Hope: but the actual facts is that they might never be together.
When all is said and done, the lucky ones are still the ones who made it out alive *awake and THERE, not in some unknown part of the galaxy*, of course, being the 'one left behind' is harsh, but I'd still say that Ranka got the better part together with the rest of the crew: enhanced character, more likable all around compared to the TV series, the whole part with her 'betraying' Frontier and running off to the vajra is gone with here being 100% on the 'good side' from start to end, she will also be the only one left as a singer in the future (there is no proof Sheryl will ever wake up after all, here moving her lips to the music in the ed credit means nothing to me if I don't see her with both eyes open, sorry) and well, she is healthy and alive and none of her initial friends died, so she is not alone either? Well, my point is that they worked hard on her, just like they did on Minmay in DYRM. That said, being the rejected one is definitely not funny and they all have the responsibility to create a new world in this new planet. But again, I still find it better than coma and disappearance.
The second movie is set a few months after the first one. Alto has been around Sheryl a lot (as a bodyguard from the SMS assigned to look after her?). We just didn't see it. As we didn't see how Alto and Ranka met and became good friends in the past to justify their bond. We got infodumped about it. That's it.

She's not just moving her lips. She's seemly singing Hoshi Kira. She's not in a coma, by the end, she's likely in stupor. There's a very important difference between one and the other. Her level of consciousness for one.

But I always felt the heart of Frontier was supposed to be the link between the girls. That's what made it different from the other triangles? Kawamori (in that alleged interview) remarked the importance between the bonds between Sheryl and Ranka. Check out the merchandising too, it's mostly those two. Do you see Alto when the credits end? Nope. :P

Old 2011-10-30, 03:57   Link #2832
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear from Graces quote in the car of this going to be Rankas last concert.

I am more interested in the moral implications for Sheryls character, though. I'm still deciding if this is "too much" or "an interesting conondrum". ^^
I re-read your words and actually gave a different reply. I misread the first batch.

Quote:
The sub missed out the organs part. Grace said something along the lines of "her blood, and all her organs which already have antibodies" in that scene.
Ah, well there you go. I only heard "blood" too, but maybe that's because I don't know the direct word for "organs" in Japanese, not outside of kanji.

But they should really fix that anyway.
Old 2011-10-30, 04:34   Link #2833
magnuskn

Quote:
Well, I believe Sheryl is both considering it and not wanting to go along with it. Ranka is her friend, someone she's grown close to, a person who's entered her life and given her hope and love, and such a thing might (or might not - in some cases) kill her. Sheryl is ultimately weighing the "who is most likely to survive" or "who is stronger" piece that the series showed near the end (Ep24 reference). Now, I could be wrong there; but watching her facial expressions during Ranka's concert seem to hit on the "who is stronger" piece. It is not necessarily about the fact she'll choose to die or live but rather if she takes Ranka's life, what will the others do? Namely Alto, since she's so attached to him. The severity of the situation really gives her an outlook on everything. And later, in the hospital, she tells Alto not to sacrifice his life anymore; which leads me to believe that Sheryl has chosen not to harvest Ranka's organs, because she wants Ranka to live and be happy with Alto (though still in love with him) and this actually works well as an Ep24 scene of "rescue Ranka-chan" from dying Sheryl to living Alto (weighing the options of who can live and make him happy in her absence).

Now, there never actually was a scene in the movie where Grace told Sheryl they needed to harvest Ranka's "organs." Actually, only "blood" was mentioned. But like I said, the cut in the movie can lead one to believe that more was said in-between scenes. Until Brera shows up underneath Alcatraz, Sheryl never mentions about "organs." Up until that point, I'm pretty sure that Ranka and Alto (along with everyone else) was unaware that Galaxy wanted Ranka (just like Alto suspected in movie 1, though towards the wrong girl). And actually, Ranka's ability finishes Sheryl's sentence from movie 1 at Griffith Park (when both girls have the flashback of Mao and Ranshe, child!Ranka), "you are..." with "...the person who can communicate with the Vajra." I think that is what morally brought Sheryl down since the ending of the 1st movie if we add in the 2nd movie's conversation with Grace revealing her deal in Project Fairy.

Sheryl undergoes a small moral downfall in the series (realizing she's dying, Grace has betrayed her) but she actually stands back up easier in the series. In the movies, she's shipped to Alcatraz soon after; not a lot of time to absorb everything. But she allows herself to fall so far in the pit and not try to explain things to people (even tries to avoid Ranka) that it makes her seem like the bad person, and I'm inclined to agree with Alto on the "being betrayed" bit; because she makes no effort to clear the air with Ranka up until Ranka speaks up and makes her listen. That doesn't seem like the girl from the first movie who went "I am not alone anymore" because now she pushes away those who could help her or still stay with her. And Ranka came to visit her (which shows that Ranka is trying to clear the air). I just failed to see how it made her strong or amazing when she allowed herself to become the victim when she should be trying to take what little life she has left (like she did in the series) and do something with it. After Ranka's touching words, Sheryl starts writing lyrics on the wall, an improvement, one that failed in the series when Alto tried to encourage her, as only the people around did so.

As for Sheryl consenting to harvesting Ranka's organs, there's no vocal agreement of such, so I doubt she was intending to. She didn't respond to Grace's words in the car either. I think that Sheryl (and I'll say it again) was weighing the options like in the series. Ultimately, that's one blend of the series that I liked about her: actually taking time to think it all out. But yes, I agree; the whole plot of that was horrid and a little over the top, even for Macross.
Well, with "moral downfall" I actually meant that Sheryls decision to tacitly go along with Graces plan to harvest Rankas organs is ethically objectively wrong. Her getting depressed in the series after being told that she would die is an event which affected her negative in an emotional way, while her not immediately rejecting the idea of killing Ranka for her organs is something which is very reprehensible on an ethical level.

And I think that interpreting Sheryls conflicting emotions about the whole idea during the concert to a "Who is more worthy of living?" question is not the right way to go. For me it clearly was Sheryl deciding about if she'd really would do something so horrible to someone who she considered her friend, i.e. she was actively deciding if she'd sacrifice her moral center to live.

There is of course the aspect of her long-term relationship with Grace to consider... after Grace told her about that horrific plan, Sheryl had to weigh the factor that telling others about that plan would mean the end of Grace. In fact, those accusations of espionage from the first movie, in which Sheryl clearly wasn't involved with, turned out to be totally true in the end. So she had a lot to ponder.

Of course, as a big Sheryl fan, I would have preferred for Sheryl to reject the very idea of killing Ranka immediately, but given that Grace basically was under complete control of the conspirators, it could very well have meant that Grace would have snapped Sheryls neck right there.
Old 2011-10-30, 04:43   Link #2834
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Well, with "moral downfall" I actually meant that Sheryls decision to tacitly go along with Graces plan to harvest Rankas organs is ethically objectively wrong. Her getting depressed in the series after being told that she would die is an event which affected her negative in an emotional way, while her not immediately rejecting the idea of killing Ranka for her organs is something which is very reprehensible on an ethical level.

And I think that interpreting Sheryls conflicting emotions about the whole idea during the concert to a "Who is more worthy of living?" question is not the right way to go. For me it clearly was Sheryl deciding about if she'd really would do something so horrible to someone who she considered her friend, i.e. she was actively deciding if she'd sacrifice her moral center to live.

There is of course the aspect of her long-term relationship with Grace to consider... after Grace told her about that horrific plan, Sheryl had to weigh the factor that telling others about that plan would mean the end of Grace. In fact, those accusations of espionage from the first movie, in which Sheryl clearly wasn't involved with, turned out to be totally true in the end. So she had a lot to ponder.

Of course, as a big Sheryl fan, I would have preferred for Sheryl to reject the very idea of killing Ranka immediately, but given that Grace basically was under complete control of the conspirators, it could very well have meant that Grace would have snapped Sheryls neck right there.
Well, I was going along those lines.

And the "who is worthy of living" was along those lines. That is what I meant when I said "strong". I just couldn't find the right word. Thanks.
Old 2011-10-30, 04:45   Link #2835
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Before some of us start posting interviews, some people might find this bit of info relevant for this film:

On some of the strange properties of fold quartz, from the staff/cast commentary for episode 25, with Kawamori Shouji, Nakamura Yuuichi, Endo Aya and Nakajima Megumi.

Quote:
06:18
Nakamura: Just then, Alto put his hand to the earring, didn’t he? This was something that, around the middle of the series, he heard from Bilrer, wasn’t it? That there was something like that [karice: i.e. something that could connect people across the galaxy]. After that, if you watch the series again from the start, you realise that’s why the earring sparkled…
Kawamori: yes
Endo: Ahh, I see
Nakamura: so you know the songs are definitely being transmitted. I found that interesting when I rewatched it.
Kawamori: You can clearly see that in episode 7 too, when (Sheryl and Ranka’s) song was transmitted (to Alto).
Nakamura & Endo: Ah, that’s true.

12:22

Endo: Here, we have…
Kawamori: a superdimensional…
Nakamura: like, “where are they?”
Nakajima: When I first saw this, I think it finally sunk in what these scenes were all about.
Kawamori: This scene, actually, we did something similar briefly in episode 7.
Nakamura & Endo: Ah, yes you did.
Kawamori: This is what it’s like when they enter into ‘fold consciousness’.

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-10-30 at 06:58.
Old 2011-10-30, 04:59   Link #2836
magnuskn

Quote:
Before some of us start posting interviews, some people might find this bit of info relevant for this film:

On some of the strange properties of fold quartz, from the staff/cast commentary for episode 25, with Kawamori Shouji, Nakamura Yuuichi, Endo Aya and Nakajima Megumi.
Thanks, I guess they should have made it clearer in the series and movies. Sometimes I don't get the writers, they create several exposition-heavy scenes in the movie, but something like that is left out.
Old 2011-10-30, 06:45   Link #2837
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
So quick question to everyone.

Who (like me) thought in the end before Alto took off for the final battle and saluted, that Ranka STILL doesn't know how to salute back? XD

(just a funny thought from me because of various conversation here from the final episode of the series)
Old 2011-10-30, 06:45   Link #2838
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

meh they can make Alto back because his not even killed he just got teleported on another place, i mean the point of the vajra is to communicate and teleport no matter how long the spaces are lol, they got Ranka to communicate with the vajra through her song and now with Sheryl getting the blood of ranka she can have that power to communicate with the vajra too and its not so far fetch that Alto will be converted to a vajra blood anyway now that his living with the vajra society lol

i gave this movie 9/10 its very enterntaining
Old 2011-10-30, 08:23   Link #2839
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The movies did better than TV series. And finally Alto confessed.
Old 2011-10-30, 09:12   Link #2840
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
That hot milf was his sister... IIRC.

Who was in a relationship with Leon...

Yes... ew.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww...

Why do you have to shoot the poor shota down, man?!?

Well, the odd pair's facial expression is still funny, nonetheless.

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song