AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-12-18, 08:04   Link #121
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

short example for asking in german (imo most germans -that watch fansubs- should understand the english question though)

english:

Could somone reseed episode/series xy please? Thanks.

german:

Könnte bitte jemand Episode/Serie xy reseeden? Danke.
Old 2006-12-18, 08:28   Link #122
Morikawa Yuki
Aspiring Idol

Thank you for the quick answer... European countries are the best alternate source to find something via Bittorrent if both American and Japanese P2P programs lose the war. So does anyone else know how to say "reseed" in another language (except German)?
Morikawa Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 19:00   Link #123
ZeroGamerX

I need translator...

The game is SNK vs Capcom Card Fighter DS. I have screen shots of what I need translated:

thanks in advance.
ZeroGamerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 01:18   Link #124
ZeroGamerX

I really need know what they all mean please.

Last edited by ZeroGamerX; 2007-02-06 at 08:15.
Old 2007-02-14, 16:26   Link #125
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me out and translate some stuff for me. I'm working with a group of 15 other guys on an anti-spam mod for PHPbb to block and eliminate spam posts from PHPbb boards. The list of items in the spoiler below come from the language file. I've removed as much of the php code as I can, but have left a few slashes in for the apostrophies not knowing if you guys will need them there or not. When you translate these, please keep the number in front of each line so I know where to put them back into the language file. Thanks.
Spoiler:

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: This needs to be translated into Japanese. Thanks.

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2007-04-04 at 15:29.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 17:51   Link #126
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGamerX View Post
I really need know what they all mean please.
1st screen:

Takumi: Hey, hey, you still haven't found it? I won't let you pass until you've found it. If you forgot which was the card tell me so.

2nd screen:

Takumi: What I want is

3rd screen:

the SNK Card "Hayate"! (note: this MIGHT mean 'quick hand', but not too sure)

4th screen:

DAN: I already know...

----

Hope it helps.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 00:24   Link #127
ZeroGamerX

WanderingKnight thanks for the help!! After that have I new problem:

All I know is it something do a bet. I don't know means find card or ranking up points.
Old 2007-02-17, 07:58   Link #128
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

First screen:

Shina: Whatever Max-sama's order may be, I'll be taking your back (?)! If you don't want to get into trouble, you'd better get out of here fast.

Second screen:

DAN: Back-battle (?!?)!? You're telling me to put my back at stake? This person seems to have been brainwashed, too, and it looks like I won't be able to escape...

Third screen:

Right now, you're not ready to face Max-sama in the gas floor. I'll be waiting for you to ready your back!

Seems you have to ready your "back", whatever that might be.

BTW, what game is that? How the hell do you make it work with an emulator? I've been trying to find a suitable NDS emulator and have been having one hell of a time...
Old 2007-02-18, 01:31   Link #129
ZeroGamerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
BTW, what game is that? How the hell do you make it work with an emulator? I've been trying to find a suitable NDS emulator and have been having one hell of a time...

The game is SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS, how got to work is I have all Bios to make the game run. No$gba is great emulator.

Get the emu check this site out: http://www.ngemu.com/
but the bios are hard part to find and game too.
Old 2007-02-26, 01:36   Link #130
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Can someone please look at the post I made above dealing with the language file? Much appreciated.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 13:53   Link #131
pantsman

can anybody read japanese? (re: dash fansubs)

okay, so i figure a number of you may have heard of dash fansubs, who subbed the first couple episodes of school rumble and then disappeared. that was the version of school rumble i got way back when it first came out and i was sort of disappointed when they/he disappeared into thin air

i kept his site bookmarked for some reason even after the disappearance and just happened to check it out of boredom and to my surprise there was a new post on the blog

the only problem is that it's in japanese and i don't know how to read japanese

can somebody tell me what it says? is he doing a new project or something? is it anything about SR?

http://dashfansubs.blogspot.com/
pantsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:14   Link #132
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

I altavista'd it and doesn't look too interesting (translation sites don't work perfectly so below probably won't make sense.... but you get some idea)

The person keeps changing. The person keeps changing. However only-too-natural thing it probably is expectation what, the person keeps changing. As for the person while walking life in this society, color it is to experience thing, color it is to achieve thing, color it is to fail to form thing, and once upon a time by all means it keeps dying. Living thing. Those where without being directed, it reacts even in someone with circumstance, can learn from experience, selfishly act. By your Those which keep polishing to the day when the counter it regrets in occurrence on the first, keeps changing little by little, dies. Until now, repeating the fact that you experience, those which it is possible. Crystal of life of person. If you became aware, as for those which have been convinced that those which you think that by his was "by his, by his was" by his truth there is no "yourself" anymore already. Furthermore and, "by his changed", that in addition from the instant which is thought, by his barely it changes. Present I thought deeply concerning a certain thing of the two years half ago. By his did. It tried that by his probably will do. By his failed to do. If there is success, there is also the failure. As for that proper. Not only that, be sure to be many than success in this world the failure. Therefore there is the failure, very there is also success. I failed that time, certainly securely. But because it failed, very it changed. Because it failed, very it grew. Therefore I do not regret with that and/or do not do. The lottery beam り it is not. Because in reason, it failed, very you had become with current yourself. There is no failure puzzle which is not no meaning. The person keeps changing.
xxanimefan4_ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:24   Link #133
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Um, I'm not going to attempt a full translation of that "essay" that was posted,

but it seems to be philosophical ramblings on the changing nature of humanity.

The beginning (translation is quick n' dirty, pardon me):

"People change" {the tte-iku construction is a bit ambiguous and can be interpreted differently depending on context...}

Although it might be something obvious, people change.

While people continue to advance through their lives in this world,
they experience various things,
they fulfill various things,
they don't fulfill various things,
and, eventually, they will surely die.

Living Things.

Without being instructed by anyone,
they reject the current state of affairs,
learn from their experience,
and move on their own accord.

Oneself.

Reflecting on the happenings of one day,
you change a little bit at a time,
continuing to refine oneself until the day you die.
Now is the accumulation of all the experiences you have had.

People are the crystallization of life.

etc...etc...etc....

Either this is an assignment for some japanese essay class, or it's his subtle way of saying "I won't be fansubbing anymore" or maybe it's a prank. I really have no idea

Edit: Beaten by altavista?! Goddamn... Well, this translation is by hand, not some evil machine!
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 15:04   Link #134
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Can someone please look at the post I made above dealing with the language file? Much appreciated.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to state which language you wanted these to be translated into?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 23:52   Link #135
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Could somone translate this Dojin ( Japanese ----> English )

Dojin Ulqi

Thank you First Hand ^^
Old 2007-03-10, 22:54   Link #136
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thanx for the translation Rio San And no the translation is great
Old 2007-03-23, 00:53   Link #137
Blue Storm

Why does this site say my name in kanji is this?

I decided to look up my name in Japanese. I know the best way to translate western names is to put it together in Katakana and I found a bunch of sites giving me good translations for my names in that script.

I also came across a site that tried to give my name in Kanji, it can be found here http://www.stockkanji.com/Names+in+J...mes+O/Owen.htm

Now it would be cool if I had a way to write my name in Kanji, it would only be for personal goofing off and wouldn't used in anything official so it didn't have to be all that accurate.

What I want to know from anyone who reads/speaks the language fluently is if there is a reason that the sites has given me this specific kanji? It says it is 'wakai' meaning youthful but I know know how it managed to pull that from Owen or O-en. Is there some sort of translation process that came to this conclusion or did the site just pick a kanji out of its ass to fool ignorant fools?
Blue Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 01:09   Link #138
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

One meaning of the name Owen is youth, so that's probably why you got the Kanji for youth.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 04:50   Link #139
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Yes, "Youth" is the meaning of the original word from which "Owen" came from.

I got a link here that gives some info: http://www.geocities.com/edgarbook/names/o/owen.html

For my name, Samuel, it comes up with the Kanji: 神聞, pronounced "shinbun", because Samuel is a name from the old testament that comes from the Hebrew that means "God Heard" (it's a story in deuteronomy, I think...). That's pretty cool, except for the fact that it's a homonym with 新聞, which just means newspaper.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:01   Link #140
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
For my name, Samuel, it comes up with the Kanji: 神聞, pronounced "shinbun", because Samuel is a name from the old testament that comes from the Hebrew that means "God Heard" (it's a story in deuteronomy, I think...). That's pretty cool, except for the fact that it's a homonym with 新聞, which just means newspaper.
Man, that's just incredibly funny. こんにちは、シンブンさん!

They translate my name, Lucas, as 光 (hikari - light). Don't really know why (I think it means light of God or something like that--not that I care very much).

But anyways, that site's a scamming bitch. 12 USD for a katakana calligraphy? You've got to be kidding me. If it was kanji, I'd understand it, but katakana is just too easy to write (even easier than hiragana). You could sit down, practice a bit, and get one as good as those, almost for free.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Tags
song, translation