AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 17:07   Link #41
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I see now, thank you for the clarification. Indeed it looks possible they can tamper with the history than.
I will wait the next episode and complement these (for me at least) "new developments" with the above theory, if it's still going to be feasible.
Old 2009-05-06, 10:23   Link #42
~BC~

Spoilers ahoy...

So apparently new magazine scans are out at 2ch...This features new characters along with a relationship chart. Kanji characters and such are kind of indistinguishable for those interested in translating.

Spoiler for higashi no eden, eden of the east, episode 6 preview summary:

Edit: Just re-read first post changed to episode preview for #6 instead. PM for other link.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2009-05-06 at 15:26. Reason: referencing source for scans
Old 2009-05-06, 10:41   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This however brings up a very important question. What's the point on erasing the history?

Think about it. All seleçao receive a real time update of any transaction done by other seleçao. So why exactly Akira bothered removing any order made while in America? The only ones that actually can get swayed by that move are... us!
Us, and Akira.

Perhaps proof that #9 intended on having his memory wiped. Or maybe it was just a plot hole. Hoping it isn't.
Old 2009-05-06, 11:22   Link #44
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It's also possible no9 deliberately did, or at least expected the mindwhipe and he wanted to hide (some of) his deeds from the amnesiac Akira.
But if you guys ask me I still believe he rebelled somehow against Outosideo and the Supporter wanted him not to find out, what he has been doing before the Mindwhipe in the US. So he/they purchased both the Mindwhipe and both the 2 month Accounthistory-deletion, transferred it to Akira's account after the deletion for some reason.
That's just my guess though for now, gonna revise my theory once I've seen the new episode.
Speaking of which I've seen the magazin scan ~BC~ mentioned, and the new characters are looking "quite interesting". I honestly can't even guess about their role. Well we gonna see in a few days.
Old 2009-05-06, 15:05   Link #45
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm you are right i forgot this possibility, it must have been done so Akira wouldn't know about that after erasing his memory. This could have been done by Akira himslef or by the supporter but in the latter case then he didn't plan to cause his death.

Actually from this perspective Hiura's words gain a new significance. When Akira asked him what he's been doing, Hiura pretty much told him what he already knew. Then he was going to add something more, but then he stopped because he thought that the Akira before the mindwipe didn't want the knew Akira to know. So maybe Hiura was aware of a few more things that number IX did but later they were erased and from that Hiura understood that Akira himself erased that history because he didn't want to remember.

Old 2009-05-06, 15:05   Link #46
~BC~

View with caution...

Since Pellissier okay'd it here's the other link:

Spoiler for higashi no eden episode 5 and up, new characters and relationship chart:
Old 2009-05-06, 15:24   Link #47
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for ^ about that spoiler:
Old 2009-05-06, 19:08   Link #48
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for strange new characters:

Old 2009-05-07, 02:49   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I bet the fat guy is the supporter.
Old 2009-05-07, 03:03   Link #50
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

Apparently fat guy's name is 板津 豊, voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
Old 2009-05-07, 03:31   Link #51
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Spoiler for strange new characters:
Spoiler for new characters:

Edit: By the way back on the subject with Akira and his time he spent in the US. I probably overanalyzing again, but I actually believe he may have spent there more than just a few weeks.
I don't know if you guys been living aboard somewhere, but when you live somewhere where you know the language they speak fluently or on intermediate level (and you don't really have anyone to speak your motherlanguage), you instinctively start to think in that language (after a week or two depending on character).
It'd explain why he said "NICE MESSAGE", and not something in moonspeak. Especially considering the fact how he was injured, so he isn't fussed really what language to use since he is totally alone, and the first thing after reading the letter came up in his mind in english curiously enough. Of course it's weak stuff for now and nothing else really support that, but that's how I see it.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-07 at 05:35.
Old 2009-05-07, 07:34   Link #52
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well Akira is certainly fluent in english, pronounce apart, he has no problem understanding and make others understand him. So yes it is possible that he find himself thinking in english rather than japanese (it does happen to me a lot). I also think that Akira has been living in Washington for a while. The guy he met inside the building knew him well enough to remember what was his apartment number. There's a two months gap in his history so he could have been there for as much as two months.

Old 2009-05-07, 08:21   Link #53
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Waiting on some Akira action. If he was this sopposed ruthless dude that locked up 20,000 NEETs he's gotta have some moves.
Old 2009-05-08, 10:07   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
[
Edit: By the way back on the subject with Akira and his time he spent in the US. I probably overanalyzing again, but I actually believe he may have spent there more than just a few weeks.
I don't know if you guys been living aboard somewhere, but when you live somewhere where you know the language they speak fluently or on intermediate level (and you don't really have anyone to speak your motherlanguage), you instinctively start to think in that language (after a week or two depending on character).
It'd explain why he said "NICE MESSAGE", and not something in moonspeak. Especially considering the fact how he was injured, so he isn't fussed really what language to use since he is totally alone, and the first thing after reading the letter came up in his mind in english curiously enough. Of course it's weak stuff for now and nothing else really support that, but that's how I see it.
Nah. Engrish is commonly used in anime. Even reflexively.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69A3aL3Yrs0

Old 2009-05-08, 14:04   Link #55
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Awww... azumanga daioh was so cooool!

"Wagahai wa neko de aru" lol, when I first watched the anime I couldn't notice this, I wonder how many other stuff I missed.

Old 2009-05-09, 08:16   Link #56
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just like to make a point that in the Episode 5, the NEET comes to the conclusion that Akira wiped his own memories. That I think puts a dent into the theory that #1 did it.

Also, I'm thinking that #1 is Johnny. That or 'Johnny' was still a euphamism the whole time and that Psycho Lady got him.
Old 2009-05-09, 12:29   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

We know now (after ep5) that Akira is Akira and that he ended up choosing his own passport from the pile. I wonder how his former self knew that his present self would do that? Was it based on Saki's birthdate? Or just on his feeling some familairity with that particular passport?

I wondered how the NEET knew he had done it -- or that it was even possible -- and why that made him like Akira more. I wonder if Akira told them he was going to do it, as a sort of penance for capturing them, and the NEET felt satisfied when he knew Akira, too, had given up his old self.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-09, 12:44   Link #58
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well it's one hell of a coincidence. It's possible he involuntarily (how should I say, "had a prenomination" or "instinctively") choose his own passport. It's also possible it was sheer luck (about 1 to 5-8 chance, it's not impossible to happen).

About the second part, yeah it seems entirely believable. It's clear the NEET guy wasn't completely baffled, that Akira has no recollection. Which can mean he either told them he is going to erase it, or (and that's what I think actually) expected / calculated that someone is going to intervene with his plans. Akira told them, that he might going to die, or something similar might happen with him (and that would explain why the NEET wasn't so surprised about the new Akira).
Of course it seems the technology to erase memories aren't secret and unknown, since neither he, neither Kondo seemed surprised.
I wonder what was his plans by transporting them to Dubai, it doesn't makes much sense.

@Lolcat3. I honestly have no idea what Johnny might refer to. My initial belief was that, it might be some kind of film reference, but it seems less likely by now. I'm sure they gonna show us soon though.
However as I just wrote, I still don't actually think he erased his own memory. I have a hunch it was the supporter (or #1), but Akira expected something like that, or an even worse to happen. And he can tell, warn the NEET-s about that too, I believe.
Let me "turn the chessboard over" : If he did it on his own, than did Juiz done something? Because #1 ordered her, she accepted the command (continue being the messiah), and soon after that the phone rings to whipe Akira's memories.
I wouldn't be so sure it was due to Akira's will, I'm more inclined to believe it was the deed of #1/Supporter.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-09 at 12:56.
Old 2009-05-09, 13:08   Link #59
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
W
@Lolcat3.
Let me "turn the chessboard over" : If he did it on his own, than did Juiz done something? Because #1 ordered her, she accepted the command (continue being the messiah), and soon after that the phone rings to whipe Akira's memories.
I wouldn't be so sure it was due to Akira's will, I'm more inclined to believe it was the deed of #1/Supporter.
#1 Ordered Juiz to make the preperations home. I don't recall #1 ordering her to do anything else.
Old 2009-05-09, 13:22   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Mindwipe: I recall #1 saying "It ends here." That could be because he knew that Akira had told Juiz to mindwipe himself. Or because he himself had previously given Juiz orders to do it.

Johnny: I like the idea from one of the subs that "Johnny" is a ghetto term for ID, and Akira misunderstood, but that sub has a number of translation problems, so I'm not sure. "Johnny" as a slang term for penis seems very natural to me, whether it has actually been used that way before or not. Kind of like "dick" or "john thomas," or "johnson," which are all actual slang terms for it. A blog post points out that "johnny" is given as a term for penis in a Japanese online dictionary of English slang, even though I haven't found it in any English dictionaries. But then to personify "Johnny" in those creatures was fairly weird.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread