Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 15:42   Link #5121
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Why do I get Yu Yu Hakusho vibes from this episode?.........Anyway, Erza is HOT as always. Those two (undeservedly)arrogant jerks turn out to be........jerks Someone other than the usual "main" cast gets to be in spotlight - Well done Elfman.
I remember when the manga came out I was so glad Elfman got to be in the spotlight and no Wendy (no hate) solely due to feeling too many supporting characters where getting ignored for main characters. So I hear you... too bad the intro spoiled it kinda though. I feel more anime fans would have been reacting this way had it not been kinda spoiled already with that blasted intro. Did I mention how much I hate that intro for spoiling stuff, I didnt really like the tune either

I know, every intro is bad with spoilers... for some reason those this one just annoyed me more than past ones though.
Old 2012-11-06, 20:14   Link #5122
Vmem

FT team really should be: Gildartz, Luxus, Mistogun (wish he's still around), Erza, and Mirajane.

Yeah, I'm aware it wouldn't be a fair contest if it was like that :P
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 02:20   Link #5123
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Makarov said that in the manga too (minus Mystogan of course)

However if you think about it Gildartz was guild master so the no guild master rule may apply to him, debatably at least. Plus (avoiding manga spoilers here) Mystogan is last believed to still be in Edolas and quit the guild, so he's a none member on your list so you need to explain why you think he counts in the top 5... now clearly that blasted intro spoiled Mystogans involvement some how but can't say how.

IMHO, at this point in the story based when the manga just released, this part my top 5 list (excluding Gildartz and Mystogan) was Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, Natsu, and Gajeel (though Freed was my runner up but I saw his magic as too prep oriented)... though I was very worried how second origin effected peoples power level rise vs the three months of training others got. Since if it was as powerful as some series power ups Gray could maybe regain his Natsu rival status but if not that powerful than Elf man or Gajeel may have surpassed him.

Now speaking of second origin you might have missed it but it was teased Erza didn't get it since she already had it, so its up to you to believe it or not. Or you could just pick up the manga to find out now of course too...
Old 2012-11-07, 11:58   Link #5124
Vmem

Hmm, regarding second origin, I thought Erza just has such a high tolerance for pain that it didn't affect her

As for the other points, I am actually a Manga reader as well, so I guess we might want to take this discussion to the other thread lol
Old 2012-11-07, 21:59   Link #5125
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Agreed let's ignore the manga here... but as to your other topic, Erza and second origin, Erza never got the magic seal on her body in either the anime or manga. Then throw in Gray's comment and Lucy agreeing with it, you have to admit its at least the likely explanation until something tells us otherwise. Note I said likely not the only possibility, your explanation is possible just unlikely IMHO based on what is implied, after all Erza was always an outlier so she never really needed a power up beyond the standard arc to arc increase every character gets... other characters like Lucy, Juvia, Gray, Wendy, and Levi definatly needed it on the other hand.
Old 2012-11-09, 22:45   Link #5126
immblueversion

Spoiler for Episode 156:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:48   Link #5127
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Spoiler for Episode 156:
It was that few in the manga? I'm kind of happy i didn't read the manga beforehand, since it seems like lots of extra scenes are being added.

I loved all the pretty shots, like of the palace steps and the center of the maze. Lucy seems to have summoned her spirit differently too.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 00:01   Link #5128
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
It was that few in the manga? I'm kind of happy i didn't read the manga beforehand, since it seems like lots of extra scenes are being added.

I loved all the pretty shots, like of the palace steps and the center of the maze. Lucy seems to have summoned her spirit differently too.
Here's how it goes down, page by page:

Spoiler for Sky Labyrinth (manga version):

Yes. That's all that gets stretched into 22 minutes. In a show where they normally use about 40 pages.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:29   Link #5129
ookamigirl

Elfman is a substitute for Wendy.
That should make things more interesting.
That Sky Labyrinth was really something else.
Totally weird and it's easy to get confused.
Having Elfman around was actually pretty convenient.
The fact that the labyrinth was changing all the time didn't help much.
They passed the first test rather easily, but pretty slow.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 11:48   Link #5130
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's episodes like these, that make me appreciate the good job they do. The extra scenes they add in, that help flesh out things, or just add to the story, that don't feel like they were forced or anything. They don't skimp on anything, really. For instance, I like Pixy's fear of Erza's compass, and being summoned a second time. And the rest of FT joining in on the search for Wendy and Charle.

Next week, the games begin and the 8 teams are introduced! Though, if people were paying attention, they'd know who most of the teams are, or at least have a good idea, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 13:56   Link #5131
kitten320

I'm still confused as on how exactly did maps help when labyrinth kept changing.
Old 2012-11-10, 14:12   Link #5132
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm still confused as on how exactly did maps help when labyrinth kept changing.
They didn't. They just moved to the center of the labyrinth and figured out the direction to move to after that (using Lucy's spirit).
Old 2012-11-10, 14:23   Link #5133
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Wow... ten pages into that!?!

The way they filled out Sky Lyberinth was insanely good, sure the twist of getting 8th instead of first wasnt as shocking but it made up for it in so many other ways. This ep really gives me hope for the rest of the season, its been a long time since they filled that little plot with that much very well, Lucy even got to use her compass again and get even Erza to give kudos.

That said I would have really laughed if they added on to the 8th place joke and say they where the only team left too to boot, that way they'd look even more pethetic since they'd have just kinda defaulted into last place
Old 2012-11-11, 05:21   Link #5134
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I lost my shit at Dominatrix Erza. God that was funny.
Old 2012-11-11, 12:18   Link #5135
Vmem

Is it just me or does Lucy remind me of Ash from Pokemon?
Old 2012-11-11, 12:32   Link #5136
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
Is it just me or does Lucy remind me of Ash from Pokemon?
i am sure it is because Lucy summons spirits using keys ,similarly as Ash brings out pokemon from pokeballs
Old 2012-11-11, 12:39   Link #5137
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i am sure it is because Lucy summons spirits using keys ,similarly as Ash brings out pokemon from pokeballs
well, there's also the whole animation with her raising the keys as if it's a pokeball, and the special animation for the entrance of each spirit complete with it's own multi-colored background (like a "tada!") thing... just dawned on me recently lol, she wasn't such a pokemon master at the beginning of the show
Old 2012-11-11, 17:51   Link #5138
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
They didn't. They just moved to the center of the labyrinth and figured out the direction to move to after that (using Lucy's spirit).
So they basically wasted their time for nothing...
Old 2012-11-11, 18:15   Link #5139
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So they basically wasted their time for nothing...
Exactly. That's why they came in last.
Old 2012-11-16, 22:50   Link #5140
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 157:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen