Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-29, 20:46   Link #28641
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I just don't like people looking down on us just because we don't have this and that. We seek American for yes but if not its ok... The government's attitude doesn't reflect the true concern of the nation.

You say I ignore? Sorry I'm not that intelligent in debate but I have common sense I just could not express it the way you guys express it.

I haven't seen anyone looking down on the PHL in this thread. My issue with you is with the faulty information you posted about the shooting incident.
Old 2013-05-29, 20:48   Link #28642
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
pretty sure Taiwan doesn't have any Aegis ships yet.
I double checked. The only Asian Navy that has Aegis battleships is SK.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-29, 20:48   Link #28643
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I haven't seen anyone looking down on the PHL in this thread. My issue with you is with the faulty information you posted about the shooting incident.
So what do you think happened then?

For me, they entered our waters, they ignored our warning.. they tried to ram our ships and we fired in self defense... unlucky for them.. they failed and lost a fisherman...

Apology? Sorry... you didn't listen.

Compensation? How much does is a life worst?
Old 2013-05-29, 20:50   Link #28644
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I double checked. The only Asian Navy that has Aegis battleships is SK.
That's of course if you don't include Japan in the debate, with 2 classes of Aegis ships (I guess we should say one class and a half since the newest class is an improvement over the other).
Old 2013-05-29, 20:51   Link #28645
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's of course if you don't include Japan, with 2 classes of Aegis ships.
Yeah and them.

@ Genji : Those are DISPUTED waters. It does not belong to anyone officially.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-29, 21:06   Link #28646
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
For me, they entered our waters
Wrong - They were also in their own water - the Exclusive Economic Zone of the two countries overlap, which is where the incident took place. It did not occur inside PHL territorial water.

Quote:
they ignored our warning..
We'll see what the investigation says, but it's interesting to note that the PHL investigators have already said that it's likely that the PCG violated their own regulation with their "warning"

Quote:
they tried to ram our ships and we fired in self defense...
Again, we'll see what the investigation turns out, so far there's no evidence other than PCG's statement (nevermind the rather stupid idea that a fishing boat running away would for some reason decide to ram a ship twice as long and 6 times heavier). My guess is that the video would be quite telling once its released.

Quote:
Apology? Sorry... you didn't listen.
TW wanted official state-level apology, PHL declined to do so.

Quote:
Compensation? How much does is a life worst?
apparently nothing to you.
Old 2013-05-29, 21:13   Link #28647
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Wrong - They were also in their own water - the Exclusive Economic Zone of the two countries overlap, which is where the incident took place. It did not occur inside PHL territorial water.
That's the other version.

Quote:
We'll see what the investigation says, but it's interesting to note that the PHL investigators have already said that it's likely that the PCG violated their own regulation with their "warning"
likely...

Quote:
Again, we'll see what the investigation turns out, so far there's no evidence other than PCG's statement (nevermind the rather stupid idea that a fishing boat running away would for some reason decide to ram a ship twice as long and 6 times heavier). My guess is that the video would be quite telling once its released.
In the odd news.. a lot of Chinese related stuffs... It's still possible..

Quote:
TW wanted official state-level apology, PHL declined to do so.
Why? Is he an official? Have the coast apologize.

Quote:
apparently nothing to you.
Personally....lets not act as if we care to every people on earth.
Old 2013-05-29, 21:49   Link #28648
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I'm not sure how a simple 200 nmi boundary can vary in "versions".

Quote:
In the odd news.. a lot of Chinese related stuffs... It's still possible..
I have no idea what you mean by this.

Quote:
Why? Is he an official? Have the coast apologize.
Huh? That's exactly the sticking point - the coast guard/govt refused to apologize, instead, the one offered were characterized as from the "Philippine people" or others of personal nature.

Quote:
Personally....lets not act as if we care to every people on earth.
You're missing the point here. The compensation is to the family of the one killed, I can assure you THEY care. On that note, the last I heard about the compensation was that PHL refused to clarify what it will do, other than something about collecting donations on behalf of the family
Old 2013-05-29, 22:12   Link #28649
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure how a simple 200 nmi boundary can vary in "versions".
It can be mine or theirs... depending on the claims.. Look at PRC.. she's still claiming the water 146 miles off our shore.

Quote:
I have no idea what you mean by this.
Forget it... It'll be a "hate issue"...

Quote:
Huh? That's exactly the sticking point - the coast guard/govt refused to apologize, instead, the one offered were characterized as from the "Philippine people" or others of personal nature.
Why would the government apologize? Let the Coast guards do it if they want... Forcing someone to apologize will not appear sincere anymore

Quote:
You're missing the point here. The compensation is to the family of the one killed, I can assure you THEY care. On that note, the last I heard about the compensation was that PHL refused to clarify what it will do, other than something about collecting donations on behalf of the family
Donation would be good.. no problem... My concern if HOW MUCH will be satisfactory...
Old 2013-05-29, 22:22   Link #28650
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
It can be mine or theirs... depending on the claims.. Look at PRC.. she's still claiming the water 146 miles off our shore.
PRC is irrelevant here.

Quote:
Why would the government apologize? Let the Coast guards do it if they want... Forcing someone to apologize will not appear sincere anymore
...the coast guard IS a part of the government.

Quote:
Donation would be good.. no problem... My concern if HOW MUCH will be satisfactory...
Donation on its own is not bad, but it's non-committal in nature and doesn't actually count as compensation - imagine if your house burned down in a fire, and the insurance company compensates you by... collecting donation on your behalf only.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:28   Link #28651
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
PRC is irrelevant here.
Sorry, I thought they're Chinese....my bad.

Quote:
...the coast guard IS a part of the government.
President, a coastguard just shot a Chinese, sorry Taiwanese... fisherman. They demand an international apology via international media and pay them cash...

What?!

Quote:
Donation on its own is not bad, but it's non-committal in nature and doesn't actually count as compensation - imagine if your house burned down in a fire, and the insurance company compensates you by... collecting donation on your behalf only.
The PR don't insure fishermen.. even our own fishermen...
Old 2013-05-29, 22:33   Link #28652
kyp275
Meh

I...really don't know what you're trying to say anymore.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:43   Link #28653
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I...really don't know what you're trying to say anymore.
I just wanted to say to government of Taiwan to stop making a big issue out of this.. like diplomacy is endanger or other stuffs... Our workers are already being harassed and a Filipino student is already being bullied calling us murderers.. is that enough?
Old 2013-05-29, 23:04   Link #28654
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I just wanted to say to government of Taiwan to stop making a big issue out of this..
Except it already IS a big issue, due to actions from both sides.

And while harassing Filipino workers (an issue btw that's been blown way out of proportion) is bad, I find it ironic that you seem to think that harassment is terrible (which it is), but someone actually getting killed shouldn't be "a big issue"
Old 2013-05-30, 00:05   Link #28655
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Except it already IS a big issue, due to actions from both sides.

And while harassing Filipino workers (an issue btw that's been blown way out of proportion) is bad, I find it ironic that you seem to think that harassment is terrible (which it is), but someone actually getting killed shouldn't be "a big issue"
Innocent harassed 80,000 workers versus a questionable 1 killed trespasser....
Old 2013-05-30, 00:25   Link #28656
flying ^

Liberal Democrats and their partners are about to take away your lolis of both dimensions (for reals this time!). No exceptions! Enjoy what you have and keep it ENC.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...y-law-revision

supplement(s)

https://dankanemitsu.wordpress.com/2...rnography-law/
https://dankanemitsu.wordpress.com/2...-law-revision/
https://dankanemitsu.wordpress.com/2...ut-censorship/
Old 2013-05-30, 04:19   Link #28657
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Innocent harassed 80,000 workers versus a questionable 1 killed trespasser....
Because a couple isolated incidents is totally the same as a complete systemic harassment on a massive scale your logic is amazing.

It is also clear from your continued framing of the fishermen as trespasser and deserved to get killed that you have already made up your mind on the facts (despite the facts are still not known since the investigation isn't over yet), and aren't interested in any actual discussion. I see no point in continuing this with you.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:35   Link #28658
JokerD

Quote:
Quote:
Taipei's Sattelite Record Rejects Manila's Claim of Fishing Boat's Intrusion

Anyone posted this yet? Also can anyone confirm if the location of
Quote:
Based on the satellite record, the fishing boat was "positioned at 122 degrees and 55 minutes east and 19 degrees and 59 minutes north" when it came under fire at around 10:12 a.m.
was in which countries' waters?

Also this (in chinese):
http://news.tvbs.com.tw/entry/212694
According to the video, one Philippine newspaper claims that the coast guard video shows that the fishing boat was blocking (not raming) the coast guard vessel's path to another boat when the firing happened. Can't find any other source to confirm this (TVBS is a Taiwan news station) so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:46   Link #28659
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Taipei's Sattelite Record Rejects Manila's Claim of Fishing Boat's Intrusion

Anyone posted this yet? Also can anyone confirm if the location of was in which countries' waters?

Also this (in chinese):
http://news.tvbs.com.tw/entry/212694
According to the video, one Philippine newspaper claims that the coast guard video shows that the fishing boat was blocking (not raming) the coast guard vessel's path to another boat when the firing happened. Can't find any other source to confirm this (TVBS is a Taiwan news station) so take it with a grain of salt.
The problem is that, it is disputed waters. I don't think PH and TW are the only ones involved in contesting it.

By right, it should be all okay until someone died. So do we blame the fisherman for being physically weak or the CG for firing the shot?

Old 2013-05-30, 04:49   Link #28660
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The problem is that, it is disputed waters. I don't think PH and TW are the only ones involved in contesting it.

By right, it should be all okay until someone died. So do we blame the fisherman for being physically weak or the CG for firing the shot?
Maybe they should have something like a G Gundam-style tournament to decide ownership, saves us all this trouble.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international