Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-21, 11:43   Link #161
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman
Well, I thought I wouldn't find any other interesting series in 2005, but I was mistaken. After recently watching Mushishi I'm adding to my list! What's that... like 25 votes for it now?
You counted the number of votes, so I've compiled a list of those who voted for Mushishi to be one of their top favorite of 2005 in chronological order. The best thing about these voters are that I've already read and recognize some of them as a few of the most articulate posters in the ASuki board.

Chronissz
Hooliganj
Jedinat
Kyu
Lavielove
SlugZilla
Marclemagne
Orion
Mintyfresh
DaFool
Furigana
AisuruMirai
Monir - me me me!
Muir Woods
Lavielove
Evil-samurai
Sonhex
ChobO
Ialdaboth
Wao
ForeverGoNe
Dojikyo
Tommy
Chucky
Ebichuman
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 12:21   Link #162
Mashda2k6

1. School Rumble - I really loved this series.

2. Shuffle! - This was one awesome series too.

3. Bleach - Good series....aswell .
Mashda2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 12:24   Link #163
kokokokaka
Prince?

trinity blood
speed grapher

defenitely the best IMO
there were also other good ones such as mahuraba and suzuka

black cat, solty rei and blood also looks pretty interesting
kokokokaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 12:44   Link #164
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well as I said earlier in another thread I think Paradise Kiss (drawn by the creator of Beck) should really get some credit and is perhaps the sleeper anime of the year as a new series....First off it's visually unlike anything I can recall seeing and it uses CG as good as I've ever seen in a realistic/romantic-based anime (perhaps only Count of Monty Cristo is better if you call that a romantic anime)...The style of the show is so refreshing and at times pure eye-candy...even stuff like the scene transitions that include flowers or stuffed animals are quite creative...

The story isn't particularly new as it's about a young girl trying to find herself, her place in life and falls in love in the process...But what's fresh is the way the story is told and the stylistic perspective we get from the fashion world (I would have never expected to be so interested in a story told from this angle)...When you break it down it really is a story about choices and unlike many animes in this genre it really gives the audience an emotional pay-off (You don't wait all series to see the characters kiss or fall for each other or deal with their complex issues)...It also seems to be just real in the way it deals with it's characters (who are really likable BTW, especially ~Kawaii Miwako~)...What they talk about, how they look at life it's all so realistic and plausible as opposed to the "pie in the sky" type of thoughts shows like this usually bring...

And when it comes to issues concearning sex, it's not all chibi and shy about it, it's just real and doesn't short-change the audience at all...Many episodes made me think about experiences I had in High School and how they shaped my perceptions about myself and girls...The main character Yukira (Caroline) is very engaging in the way she changes thru-out the show...Starting off as a basic snob-type and transitioning to a vulnerable confused adolecent women...Overall this is just a very refreshing anime and of all the animes I watched in 2005 I think it deserves to be called the best new series (especially for it's genre)...The one dissapointment is that it's only 12 episodes...I could watch many more...

Other shows to consider: Speed Grapher (This show probably isn't the best and has some well documented problems such as production quality, but i thought it was one of the more challenging concepts for an anime I've seen in years...Sometimes I love the concept of a show and what it's trying to achieve more than the series itself...A very raw and unapologetic tale...

Also School Rumble..I started off thinking this was a hyped-up show that wouldn't meet expectations...It started off as a normal enuff silly harem type anime, but really got wacky and extremely funny in the middle to end...Although the ending pretty much mind-raped and betrayed everyone it was still a great series...The whole series is really about Harima (much more than Tenma) and how the characters in his life relate to his manga-stories...

And finally like a few others said Bleach...I really thought this was an OK series to start with, but never gave it the special treatment until about episode 13 or 14 when it really started to get intense...There are some really slow-paced story-telling especially during the Soul Society arc, but that arc was so entertaining the last 10 eps or so that is forgiven...A truely character based anime, the storyline hit an apex near the end of that arc and makes this show really stand out as much as a new shonen can...
Old 2006-01-22, 18:51   Link #165
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

I deffinitely agree with Air being top anime of 2005 too bad it had a sad ending.
Blood+ is a damn good aswell but a totally different feel and genre.
Suzuka was alright but too slow paced but still top 10 of 2005.
Bleach is aggressively pushed aside to the trash in my list Full Moon must be the only long series thats worth top rank but isn't a 2005.

1. Air TV + Movie
2. Blood+
3. Suzuka
100,000,000. Bleach
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 19:40   Link #166
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Can someone please tell me what is so good about Air? I watched the entire thing and even though I liked it, I did not think it was spectacular. The animation was good, yes, and the characters slightly interesting but that was all it amounted to, for me. The plot was pretty flat and it just built itself up and went out like a flat tire. Was it enjoyable? Yes. Was it the top anime of 2005? Most definitely not.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 21:27   Link #167
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Can someone please tell me what is so good about Air? I watched the entire thing and even though I liked it, I did not think it was spectacular. The animation was good, yes, and the characters slightly interesting but that was all it amounted to, for me. The plot was pretty flat and it just built itself up and went out like a flat tire. Was it enjoyable? Yes. Was it the top anime of 2005? Most definitely not.
Well I think it is one of the top animes because it made me feel so emotional. Few anime can make me empathize with the character and actualy make me sad. This anime was touching and so well done to make me feel with the characters so heavily. Misuzu..

1. Air
2. Mushishi
3. Bleach

Most of the other new animes i watched werent that good, ill go back to watching some from last year .

Last edited by Orchunter226; 2006-01-25 at 23:35.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 22:17   Link #168
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Even though it started in fall of 2004, it ran in 2005 as well and is not only the best show of 2005, but probably in the last several seasons or close to it.

1. Zipang

Totally awesome show. No stupid schoolgirls, no dumb nekomimi, no crappy ninjas. Although the premise is rather fantastic, everything else about the show is completely believable. Of course, its not for everyone. The typical anime fan probably despises this show. But this isn't typical anime.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 21:26   Link #169
porchoky

I didnt watch alot of 2005 shows, as I have tendency to wait until they are completely finished, and then download all the episodes, unless it is a popular show like Bleach or something.

FMP:TSR definitely.
Mahoraba was good as well. Slow, refreshing.
Mahou Shoujo Tai Alice - not a popular show, but it was different, in a good way. Amazing amount of action packed into 8 minute episodes
Bleach - its.... bleach.... what can I say?

There are more but these are the best imho.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 21:44   Link #170
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

For the animes with complete episodes in 2005 I'd say
1.Basilisk-Definately Gonzo's best TV series in 2005..or that's what I personally think.The manga was so-so,but the anime was just great!
2.Honey and Clover
-Noitamina did a great job with Hachikuro,but I couldn't find the same interest in Parakiss and Ayakashi.

For animes still going on, my #1 pick is Akagi You can never get a better adapation of the manga than this. Mushishi is also very good. I'm really glad that they are masterpieces both mangawise and animewise.

Come to think of it, all four have corresponding mangas or novels.
For the '100% original animes',Eureka7 was great until I hesitated watching after all those love business between Lantern and Eureka.. I'd have to watch it til the end cuz it will definately show up in the Super Robot Wars series.
Sanada Warriors was good,but the Japanese was too hard for me. They used OLD words!!
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 09:07   Link #171
Noratav

In no particular order:

Noein
Eureka 7
Mushishi
Zettai Shonen

The fifth spot probably belongs to Shana, but I haven't seen enough of it to form a full opinion of it. I would include Zipang too, but that started airing in 2004, so doesn't qualify, even though I started watching it in 2005.
Noratav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 18:57   Link #172
AnimePlus
Banned

I don't really feel like praising Bleach because I see it going the way of Naruto and Inu Yasha.
Old 2006-01-25, 01:51   Link #173
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I don't really feel like praising Bleach because I see it going the way of Naruto and Inu Yasha.
Hardly one of the best anime of 2005, but couldn't you wait until it went the way of Naruto and Inu Yasha before you write its obituary?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 02:09   Link #174
Animoid
So what?

Send a message via ICQ to Animoid
I saw only two anime of 2005, so this is my top
1. FMP! Second Raid
2. AMG TV
Animoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 02:42   Link #175
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

if you voted for AiR in your top 3.... yes i thought about physically having to hurt you... Twice.

best of 2005

1. Mahoraba

3. Yakitatte

i cant decide what number 2 should be ;________;
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 02:51   Link #176
Cassidy

2005 kinda sucked.

But anyway.

Eureka Seven
Paradise Kiss
Mushishi
Honey and Clover
Emma
Noein
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 20:54   Link #177
AnimePlus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Hardly one of the best anime of 2005, but couldn't you wait until it went the way of Naruto and Inu Yasha before you write its obituary?
Ehhh, I'll consider the thought but it's showing all the symptoms of "draw-out anime-with-filler-episodes-and-a-total-lack-of-plot" disease.
Old 2006-01-25, 23:24   Link #178
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Ehhh, I'll consider the thought but it's showing all the symptoms of "draw-out anime-with-filler-episodes-and-a-total-lack-of-plot" disease.
Do you plan to vote for anything, or is it your intention to only criticize other's favorites?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 17:26   Link #179
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Mushishi

Honey and Clover

Basilisk

Full Metal Panic TSR

Trinty Blood

School Rumble OVA

Definately the best from the 2005
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 20:27   Link #180
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Very good which was somthing new and emotional story, beautiful animation, great music, enjoyable charcters. The plot was not flat at all. The dialouge from the show I can think about each and everyday.

Name somthing top of 2005 then ^-^ go ahead, it's our opinions. Some of us think it is the best. You don't think so, who cares.

Potatochobit: Got issues?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote