Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-12, 09:57   Link #501
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
I haven't seen such opposing opinions on a single character for a while now. Some people seem to love Yano and some hate him with a passion (I fall between, I sort of dislike him as he is).
I was exaggerating (slightly) when I said I "hate" Yano. It's just that some of his behavior is nearly outside the bounds of what is acceptable for what I think of as a "decent human being", & I wish someone would beat him severely. Just kidding. It needn't be severe.

I think I mentioned early on that love has a tendency to define a person. It seemed to me then that this could be problematic for Nana-chan, b/c it might mean sacrificing who she is for what Yano wants her to be. Thinking of Yano in a similar way, I see that who he is right now is largely determined by his love for Nana-san. Forgetting about her would mean throwing out some significant part of himself, a part of who he's become, the part created in that relationship. It gets me thinking that he wouldn't even be able to love Nana-chan if he forgot about Nana-san. Considering this, I dislike him less. Considering this, I wish Nana-chan could understand him. But it's difficult to see how she could.....unless she were to give up the belief that a man can hold but one person dear in his heart. She doesn't see that the Yano with whom she fell in love is the Yano within whom Nana-san remains.

かも知れません。
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 12:31   Link #502
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbka View Post
The only thing that is bothering me about Takeuchi is that he fell in love with both Yano's girlfriends....
I agree. That is a warning sign, for sure. I do feel as if I don't know enough about Take, even though what I do know seems okay. I find the character design in this anime a bit hard to interpret sometimes. If I were just looking at that, I might have more doubt in Take. But I wouldn't see Yano as attractive at all, which he clearly is.

Srin Tuar's point about the puppies was also interesting: were they just props for attracting Nana-chan from the beginning? I think Takeuchi's inability to say anything to Nana by the river is an indication that he really isn't a player, but I can't be sure. As for "birds of a feather," that's a good point, but Yano and Takeuchi might just have been osananajimi since birth, so it's hard to tell. And I think Nana never saw Yano as "clean." He was cruel to her in their first interaction, after all, over Mizu-chin's name. And she really began to like him when he showed he had a past, on the school roof.

The fact that it can inspire such debate is a big indication of the quality of this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 12:52   Link #503
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbka View Post
The only think that is bothering me abouth Takeuchi is that he fell in love with both Yano girlfriends. Maybe They only have similar taste but... odd
Yano! Would you please forget about Nana-san allready?! I can tottaly understand Nanas pain and everything. Even if you love somebody, if you are smart and you know that somehow at this moment beeing with that special person is gonna just hurt, you wont say yes so easy. The feeling that you can never be n.1 is unbearable. So please Yano forget about that girl and fill your heart only with love for chibi Nana.
This has crossed my mind as well and ill admit we dont know a lot about Take. From what i know they have been friends for a long time. Sometimes people have similar taste especially if you have been friends for a long time. But its still odd he loved both Nana's but its also weird that Yano fell in love with another girl named Nana. IF he was as scared as he makes him self out to be i would have thought he would have run in another direction but he didnt. Is this a little sign thats he trying to come to grips with his past?
Old 2006-10-12, 22:57   Link #504
yura`

Interesting discussion... I love Bokura ga Ita for its depth and reality, and its ability to get people talking about it, instead of simply watching it for the sake of watching it (if you get what I mean!).

I have to agree with Barbka and Kaoru Chujo up there about Take... I thought I knew him, but suddenly I realized that there's actually quite a lot that we don't know about him, really. It bothered me, too, to know that he fell in love with both of Yano's girlfriends, although it wasn't explicitly stated, but it was strongly implicated in one of the episodes in a flashback (can't remember which).

Thinking back, I remember wondering if Yano was replacing the Nana-san in his memory with Nanami. Needless to say, I was not very impressed with him, especially if he's seeing Nanami more as a replacement than anything else. Even their path to falling in love/being a couple wasn't very clear-cut (but hey, "love is blind"). The fact that he calls her Nana (everyone calls her that, but I can't be too sure, have to check again), maybe implies that...? (Her mom calls her Nanami, right?) But I could be wrong, and Nana could simply be just an affectionate nickname.

But as Kaoru Chujo pointed out, Takeuchi's inability to say anything by the riverside is rather interesting... he seems to like her genuinely (not that I doubt his feelings for her), but gosh, there's so much you can analyse about it... I mean, he could be a "player", or he could have his own agenda too (I mean, being in Yano's shadow all these while might have done some weird things to his head. Haha!) Well, that's a thought for another day (or post).
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 00:55   Link #505
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Yano is a Cancer! No wonder I love him so much. He totally captivated my heart with his foolshiness. About Takeuchi...

From what I understood, the reason he's going after Nana-chan is because in the past, he didn't "use good timing" and lost Nana-san to Yano. So does that mean:

a) Takeuchi actually likes Nana-chan?
b) Takeuchi wants to take revenge?
FIXED: Takeuchi replacing Nana-san with Nana-chan? Thanks katsumi. <3
c) Takeuchi is being a good friend and is serving as a "test" for their feelings?
d) None of the above

Going after Nana-chan who already broke up with Yano wasn't a problem for me. However, going after Nana-chan who already broke up with Yano whom he still likes and is determined to get back is a big no no. Where's the true friendship.

Last edited by Lilith; 2006-10-13 at 04:09. Reason: editing choice b haha
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 03:05   Link #506
Pockay

Well if everybody was a goodie goodie in animes then where's the drama y'know.. <.< it's kind of realistic don't you think.. i know quite alot of people who have cheated with such and such's bf/gf's and issues and morally wrong junk like that.. although i'm not so confident in how realistic the.. err.. competition between the 2 guys aiming for nanami's love is LOL especially how they like discuss it with one another. Could you imagine it in IRL? "I'm like totally gonna go for your ex, fine with you?" "No you bastard I'll kill you, she's mine" actually it does sound pretty realistic except.. not the competition between them? Instead the ex-boyfriend would bash up his friend I think or they'd have a punch up.

BUT TAKE LIKED HER FIRST.. like in that scene where she met his sister! Nanami said something along the lines of Oh Takeuchi always looks after me. Take noticed nanami way before Yano right.. <.< Take's just the nice guy who doesn't get noticed or is just a 'big brother'. Hmm so.. what was my original purpose for this post.. I seem to have forgottens.. well yeah then there's the issue that a girl can only date 1 guy out of a group of guys. I really see no points.. and I feel like I should just erase this and not submit it but it seems like such a waste to erase all this typings <.< but.. I'm still a fan of YanoxNanami but in animes it's so sad to see all the nice guys losing..
Spoiler for Nana spoiler:

So basically. Nice guys lose. Bad asses with problems = win. I guess badasses are the ones who need supra ultra medicine of love. So go Yano go.. -.- I'm sure he'll win for some reason.. maybe because it would be weird for the opening that is filled with images of YANOXNANAMI to suddenly change to images of TAKEXNANAMI =.=;

Last edited by Pockay; 2006-10-13 at 03:34.
Pockay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 03:15   Link #507
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Pockay dear~ Please use spoiler tags. This is how you use them (put spoiler instead of sppoiler!):

[sppoiler=Nana spoiler] text here [/sppoiler]

Will show like this
Spoiler for Nana spoiler:

About who liked who first... It's obvious that Nana-chan liked Yano from the first episode. IMHO it doesn't matter when either Yano or Take liked her first because she was already attracted to Yano. :3

Spoiler for the real response for Nana spoiler (haha):

Last edited by Lilith; 2006-10-13 at 03:22. Reason: adding the actual reason for replying LOL
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 03:32   Link #508
Pockay

eheheh.. ehhh thanks XD Yeah I never learnt how to use those spoiler tags =.= thanks! err so I did the only way I knew.. like on my old forums xP sorry! let me go edit it..

and yeah I know.. there was really not much of a point to my post but.. LOL go yanoXnanami! go! huzzah!
Pockay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 03:50   Link #509
katsumi
ghostly member

That we don't know that much about Take despite being seemingly the nice guy is an interesting point. The implication that he also fell in love with Nana-san back then makes one wonder.

But still, I can't relate to the possibility that he's somehow trying to take revenge on Yano, as Lilith listed as one reason above. I mean, why should he? Yano didn't steal Nana-san away from Take or anything in the like. And he stated himself, that love was all about timing, so I really don't think that he has any reason for revenge nor that he feels/thinks that way. It seems so out of place for me.

Still, it bothers me also that he was in love with the other Nana.
Since I already had some worries about that Yano seemed to replace his ex with Nana-chan, I don't like this development...
If both guys kind of replaced Nana-san with Nanami in their minds, even if only initially, then what about Nanami? For me, that's some kind of cheating, it means the real Nanami isn't important, only an idea of her (I hope, you get what I wanna say )

Nana-chan's character portray already seems to be strongly defined by whom she's with, as mentioned by AisuruMirai and Sinestra, so the idea that even the person whom she's with, be it Yano or Take, kinda mix her up with another girl is really bothering.
So, I hope that there will be some development on this side. You know, watching two guys (friends at that) fight about a girl is interesting, but only as long as the girl isn't treated as a trophy that has to be won no matter what, putting her feelings aside. I hope both guys, especially Yano, begin to show more concern for her wishes. Like that "I want some time to think" statement...

That's also why I am undecided on the matter whom Nana-chan should be with. I would root for Yano if he grew just a little more mature
Perhaps that whole Take - thing will give Nana-chan the possbility to grow a bit and become more defined so that she won't be overshadowed by her relationship and will be able to be part of an healthy relationship
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 04:07   Link #510
Lilith
Your average fangirl

It's all right, Pockay. Thanks for changing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
Still, it bothers me also that he was in love with the other Nana.
Since I already had some worries about that Yano seemed to replace his ex with Nana-chan, I don't like this development...
If both guys kind of replaced Nana-san with Nanami in their minds, even if only initially, then what about Nanami? For me, that's some kind of cheating, it means the real Nanami isn't important, only an idea of her (I hope, you get what I wanna say )
I'm sorry, I used the wrong word. I agree, there's nothing to take revenge on, but I want to imply what you said: Is Take replacing Nana-san with Nana-chan? and at that time didn't know how to phrase it. Thanks!

Mature Yano, mature! *waves cheering flags*
Old 2006-10-13, 12:57   Link #511
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockay
I feel like I should just erase this and not submit it but it seems like such a waste to erase all this typings
I feel that way about all my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi
I am undecided on the matter whom Nana-chan should be with.
My vote: Abstain (by which I don't mean "get thee to a nunnery"). But like Pockay said, the OP really kinda spoils the matter, doesn't it?

じゃ、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 13:31   Link #512
retracnosna

whoever ends up with nana loses in the longrun, imo. Her notion of love can change by the week

yuri gets ragged on a lot, but at least she's shown capable of sincerely deep feeling
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 15:50   Link #513
Barbka

Takeuchi was the first one to notice Nana-san. But than she was taken by Yano. It was all about timing. Yano was quicker in acting and acting in the right time, when Nana-san was quarreling with her boyfriend. Now with Nana-chan is allso about timing and Take thinks: if I lost that time I wont now.
Barbka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 16:43   Link #514
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So much truth to the "timing is everything" ... one thing the show is good at is recalling all the angst over the simple things as a young teen. ouch....
Old 2006-10-13, 20:19   Link #515
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Yano is a Cancer! No wonder I love him so much. He totally captivated my heart with his foolshiness. About Takeuchi...

From what I understood, the reason he's going after Nana-chan is because in the past, he didn't "use good timing" and lost Nana-san to Yano. So does that mean:

a) Takeuchi actually likes Nana-chan?
b) Takeuchi wants to take revenge?
FIXED: Takeuchi replacing Nana-san with Nana-chan? Thanks katsumi. <3
c) Takeuchi is being a good friend and is serving as a "test" for their feelings?
d) None of the above

Going after Nana-chan who already broke up with Yano wasn't a problem for me. However, going after Nana-chan who already broke up with Yano whom he still likes and is determined to get back is a big no no. Where's the true friendship.

Lilith IMO im going to vote D since Take liked Nana before he even knew Yano had any type of feelings for her. but who knows i cant remember but was teenage love really this tough?
Old 2006-10-15, 22:32   Link #516
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

glad to see others enjoy this uniquely drawn anime; I especially enjoy the misconceptions the story leads you to believe of something that may come to occur. I am anticipating every episode release with eagerness! Fansubbers F T W

Whats wrong with piracy?
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 23:57   Link #517
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Finally had the chance to sit down and watched this series. I didn't really like the style so I put if off for a while. This story reminds me of the teen romance that of Marmalade Boy. It was slow and had quite a few flashbacks to the point I had to fastforward. Onto characters, I didn't like Yano but I took a liking into Takeuchi. I have a positive impression of him. He helps out with his family business (which means mature responsible guy). He's a good friend to Yano and Nana. He didn't make any attempt to stab Yano in the back by flirting with Nana while they were dating at all. He was there to listen to Nana's problems and didn't take advantage under those circumstances. After they broke up it's all fair game. And even so he didn't attack Yano behind his back or anything. He made Yano aware of his intentions. Sure he's not a perfect friend for liking his friend's ex but for what he has done so far he's a decent guy. I would love to see Nana ending up with Takeuchi (and Yano can just disappear somewhere) but of course the story is not about him so that won't happen (because he's really just there for the rival factor). I'll wait and see how many other factors come in until they have Yano and Nana running hands in hands toward the sunset. (Whatever the case may be I hope they won't kill me with anymore of those long flashbacks.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 05:01   Link #518
Jerseykid

Gah, this new episode makes me pine for the next new episode! Don't watch the preview!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 05:08   Link #519
tritoch

ZOMG... NEVAH WATCH TEH DARN PREVIEW PLOX!!!

ZOMG.. such an amazing episode. I love it when Takeuchi said those lines at the end of the episode. And ofcourse, the return of my fave couple.. Yano x Yamamoto even if its just for a while.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 07:52   Link #520
Barbka

ok subs for ep 15 are out
Barbka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, slice of life