AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-18, 11:54   Link #19281
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Well it is from 0079 Gundam that we get Nanoha's nickname

And on a similar note, if you look up White Devil in Wikipedia you get this as one of the possible matches:

Nanoha Takamachi, the title character of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, named for her white dress and her heartless misuse of violence.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 11:57   Link #19282
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I wanted to see Nanoha tearing apart 14 A-grade mages in the same fashion Amuro did over Soloman with Rick Doms, but that's not the point...

I hope for the best with the movies honestly. StrikerS was a not sure if want in some aspects...

I need to work on easier analogy I think... let's try it again.

Ok, these fanarts would be, if described using lolsicspeak will be... artist impressions based off the predicted F-Y relational force, not unlike the crucial higgs boson in M-theory. A graphical implication of F-Y is a unification effect showing C and E being affected by Y thus, which is omitted in NFY+V model.

or in another word: if this image ever happens, erio and caro will be seeing quite a bit of Yuuno. Those variables are just representing 'things'.

Spoiler for there's more to this:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-03-18 at 13:21. Reason: add an image.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 11:57   Link #19283
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
HAY GUNDAM IS COOL OKAY.
It's cool in it's own sub-forum. It's cool when some references about it are made here and there. It's not anymore when it pops-up in every-freaking post of some poeple in almost all the treads of this sub-forum.

Edit : I forgot, since in Nanoha-vere mages are abble to shoot power blasts (pink moreover!), this serie is obviously some kind of Gundam spin-off >_>. Plus Wikipedia is there to prove it, amazing!

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2009-03-18 at 12:12.
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 12:53   Link #19284
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
I'll seriously study Japanese one day when I get my life in order.... ;-;
Take it at your own pace. That is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
StrikerS was a not sure if want in some aspects...
Of course, in my case, StrikerS was a very clear do not want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
It's not anymore when it pops-up in every-freaking post of some poeple in almost all the treads of this sub-forum.
I can't help but wonder who this refers to.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 13:36   Link #19285
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I request big fancy words to explain these images because it's more fun than hearing about relationships in the Nano- wtf 600k rpm lololol Graf Eisen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
I can't help but wonder who this refers to.
Yeah, either I'm not looking in the right threads or I'm just not looking at the right threads.

WHY IS MY ふ SO UNBALANCED!? щ(゚Д゚щ)

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 14:00   Link #19286
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

My moonspeak-fu is weak. After conversation with Tempest, we've come to a little general understanding of the diagram.

Vita's weapon loadout include several different head configurations. The most prominant and versatile would be the AP-R Armor piercing prick. This is available in ample supply and is used most commonly by Vita. The 00-Back is a buckshot with 9 shots in them, called 9-balls as its nickname and is an anti-personal hammer head. The Tandem-warhead HEAT is a HEAT round designed to penetrate the AMF barrier and then to cause harm to the opponent. Self-Forging fragment is actually self-made and it's meant to penetrate armor at stand-off distances. This is used against conventional armor.

What I am making out is that this diagram is showing the propulsion plant in the graf-eisen hammer. Obviously fueled by mana, this thing's primary burn chamber is the central sphere and it goes through compression then gets a burn in a secondary burn chamber (I am guessing the nozzle itself). This turns the turbine at 600k rpm and the exact thrust generated is classified, but estimated at 200kN (which is ridiculously high). 156 kN per engine out of 2 engines is what's estimated for a F-22. One's limbs will be torn off clean holding that thing at a small fraction of that power.

General gist I got is that hammerhead allows for a great degree of freedom in the use of the weapon by allowing head swap. The worth of this weapon is well proven in the YnS incident. It is a highly advanced infantry-oriented device that is astoundingly advance even for Midchildan engineering knowhow.

The first burn chamber ignites at a temperature exceeding 1700 degrees C, and that the alloy that made it possible should not have existed I guess. There's capillaries that serve as air ducts... I don't quite what part of this engine can tolerate 1300 decrees C but this strange alloy made the propulsion plant possible. Anyways, this thing is a meat grinder.

As for Signum's Laevateinn, This weapon is made with melee in mind, a very daring feat of engineering that's made specifically against magical girls, with anti-air abilities in mind. I think what's shown is the loading mechanism as well as part of the snake release mechanism. The loading mechanism though seems to raise some question given discrepancy what's shown of Laevateinn in A's...

@LoweGear: Yes. There were drawings made for them as well. It was quite an interesting guide that unfortunately I've seen only parts of and really didn't get info much out of.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-03-18 at 14:43.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 14:26   Link #19287
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The loading system for Laevatein looks awfully convoluted though... IIRC the rounds for Laevatein are fed in the handle, so how are the rounds getting from there to the firing assembly if the wire-spool system is in the way?

Still, neat drawings though Wonder if the artist made some for RH and Bardiche...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 14:44   Link #19288
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:

I request big fancy words to explain these images because it's more fun than hearing about relationships in the Nano- wtf 600k rpm lololol Graf Eisen.
Yeah, either I'm not looking in the right threads or I'm just not looking at the right threads.

WHY IS MY ふ SO UNBALANCED!? щ(゚Д゚щ)
...Device tech specs...?

Moar. Nao. *drools*
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 15:07   Link #19289
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
"Take the calibration and reset the zero moment point and the CPG. Connect the control module to quasi-cortex molecular ion pump. Rebuild neural linkage network. Update meta-motor cortex parameters. Restart feed-forward control. Transfer functions, correct for Coriolis deviation... Online!"

Looky me, I are smart! I cans reprograms Gundams!
I just press the button labeled "START"

I have engineers, I pay them... I might as well have them do something useful, like simplify command sequences.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 15:23   Link #19290
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I just press the button labeled "START"

I have engineers, I pay them... I might as well have them do something useful, like simplify command sequences.
Those would be your programmers mostly. Us engineers mostly work on the physical object itself
Old 2009-03-18, 20:16   Link #19291
Ottocycle

Spoiler for not for the geek speakers:
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 20:24   Link #19292
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Those would be your programmers mostly. Us engineers mostly work on the physical object itself
You gotta wire the thing you know.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 00:18   Link #19293
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Poor Nanoha. Thanks for the source.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 01:44   Link #19294
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Request:

Does anyone have the art sketches for the other Numbers, similar to this:

Also requesting other similar official sketches of the other outfits in StrikerS.

Any help would be appreciated ^^

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-03-19 at 01:55.
Old 2009-03-19, 03:02   Link #19295
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ No idea if this might be of use:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 03:37   Link #19296
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Exactly what I needed, thanks

Old 2009-03-19, 03:41   Link #19297
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ On a sidenote, those are from the Official Fanbook. I think there is a link here in the image thread, but I can send it in PM if you want. Has more of every character.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 10:53   Link #19298
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
You gotta wire the thing you know.
Electrical engineers would handle that. But that's just the wiring. The actual program itself is still done by programmers. ELENs just work on figuring out where all the wires and boards would have to go after they are told what is required for the particular system (and usually in conjunction with mechanical/structural engineers).
Old 2009-03-19, 12:04   Link #19299
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

← ……… (゜ロ゜)!
← I WANT PAPER CRAAAAFT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also requesting other similar official sketches of the other outfits in StrikerS.

Any help would be appreciated ^^
While those standardized character designs are great, I find looking at the actual sketches more useful in general....
Spoiler for lulz:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
...Device tech specs...?

Moar. Nao. *drools*
Artist only has those up, unless you want me to look at official A's/StrikerS scans?

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:23   Link #19300
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Electrical engineers would handle that. But that's just the wiring. The actual program itself is still done by programmers. ELENs just work on figuring out where all the wires and boards would have to go after they are told what is required for the particular system (and usually in conjunction with mechanical/structural engineers).
Why not to pay a visit here for further development?
---

Damn you ImageShack =__='...

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw