Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 15:02   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Spring 2010: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

New Chartfag is out! Tell us what you think!

Me personally, Ill be watching Uragiri, Hakuouki, Hetalia, House of Five Leaves, Yojo-han and might try Senko no Night Raid.

Thanks to SejiSensei for the pic.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:13   Link #2
hinakatbklyn

Is it summer or spring season?

These will be my likely choices next:
Angel Beats: Everytime I try to pull away from a "key" series, I end up watching anyway. Let's see if this series keeps up with or passes Clannad in success.
K-ON: Not too many slice of life comedy moe shows interest me that much these days. K-ON is the exception.
Kiss x Sis: Not watching this show just for incest, But I wouldn't mind alittle bit.
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou: Magic, action, fanservice. Need I say more.
Mayoi Neko Overun: I doubt Black Cat or To Love Ru can be topped when it comes to familiar characters or eye candy, but this series will try.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:21   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, looks like spring to me.

Several series there I'll give a look to, including sequels. Comparitively speaking I see a smaller concentration of moe, which in my eyes is a positive trend.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:21   Link #4
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Is it summer or spring season?
Spring This is what happens when you listen to Cats :P. Title fixed.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:23   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A pleasant selection.... lets see:

K-On! .... easy on the brain and eyes, maybe more fun music.
Yojo-han Shinwa Taikei .... college life, perhaps something more complicated than the typical 'high school daily life'.
Working! .... looks like it might be a bit of fun character-focused series.

So odd sounding must give a probationary look:
B Gata H Kei ... now *there's* a plot o.O
Kaichou wa Maid-sama ... romantic comedies for the win..... maybe.
Mayoi Neko Overun ... argh, must resist silly eye-candy but fail.
Yutori-chan .... this one *might* be interesting with its workplace and multi-gen characters.
Kiss X Sis ... because it is apparently compulsory and besides... they're not actually related (long laughter).

Most of the rest are o.O bleh.

Cross Game and Katanagatari will be carrying on, of course.
Old 2010-02-10, 15:26   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

So Major S6 will be changing studios to SynergySP of Cross Game fame, or is that a mistake and its still produced by Studio Hibari?

Other than that, second seasons K-ON and Ookiku Furikabutte look interesting, as does Angel Beats because of its creators; Working! and Senko no Night Raid because of its production house. (I hope A1 pictures isn't chewing more than they can eat with 3 series). Other than those I guess I will wait for the first time of reviews from those who have the time to watch every series,.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:42   Link #7
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'll be watching probably:
K-ON! 2 - Loved first season obivously gonna watch 2nd.
Black Rock Shooter - Been looking forward to this since I saw the trailer sometime last year.
Angel Beat - Looks to have good Art Style, and plot plus I figure should give it chance since it's key.
Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan - Sounds interesting and could be a decent action series.

Need to watch to decide:
B Gata H Kei - That is one of the most bizarre set-ups for a romance anime ever, could be very interesting.
Mayoi Neko Overrun - Another cat like show that sounds interesting I figured since I like Omamori Himari, and Nyan Koi wouldn't hurt to give this show a chance.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:51   Link #8
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Continuing on DtB OVAs and I'll check out Angel Beats along with BRS. AB because I've heard a bit and I like the premise plus design, and BRS for well... whatever interesting it will be. I'm fairly sure the art won't be bad.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:03   Link #9
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Am absolutely watching:
K-ON! Season 2
Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Tairan

Will check out:
Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Iron Man
House of Five Leaves
Heroman

The rest I'll wait and see if anything notable comes up about them during their run, but this much should keep me both happy and busy for the spring season.

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2010-02-12 at 11:07.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:04   Link #10
Akito Hayama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
So Major S6 will be changing studios to SynergySP of Cross Game fame, or is that a mistake and its still produced by Studio Hibari?
Major 4 & 5 were already produced by SynergySP
Akito Hayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:42   Link #11
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh wow didn't know Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou was getting a anime, will be checking that out

Others to check out will be
K-ON! S2
Iron Man
Heroman
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Angel Beats
Working!
Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Ikkitousen
Giant Killing
Ookiku Furikabutte
Kakuouki

maybe a few others

....maybe thats a little too much to look out for but it will most likely be whatever I feel like at the time but Iron Man will be a must, the DC geek in me is screaming for it!
Old 2010-02-10, 18:35   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Wow, am I the only one interested in Senko no Night Raid, a story about the Japanese occupation of Shanghai in the 1930's? Even if the show is a disaster, decoding its politics will itself be worth the price of admission. When was the last time we saw a show about the Japanese role in East Asia during the pre-World War II period?

Noitamina is expanding to an hour this season so we have two shows in that slot. House of Five Leaves looks the better of the two to me. I'm a bit disappointed that Madhouse chose to animate something about a "nameless third-year college student" as its maiden Noitamina effort. Surely something along the lines of Mouryou no Hako would have been a more compelling choice?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 20:13   Link #13
Haladflire65
*Artist

I just know that I'll definitely be watching Iron Man... The trailer looked awesome.
Old 2010-02-10, 20:47   Link #14
cerrian

So much potential here. It really emphasizes just how poor of a line up the winter season had. My initial impression is that there is a serious pull back on the moe and blatant fanservice shows.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 20:50   Link #15
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
As a western comic book fan, I'm very much looking forward to Iron Man... and while HeroMan doesn't really grab me, the fact that Stan Lee is involved intrigues me there as well.

Angel Beats is clearly a shout-out to fans of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The girl on the left is basically wearing the North High girls' uniform, and the girl on the right reminds me of Yuki Nagato. This alone heightens my likelihood of trying it out.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! looks cute, and reminds me of Karin for some reason. As I found Karin to be a sweet and genuinely funny romantic comedy, and as the plot for Kaichou wa Maid-sama! looks a bit different at least, I'll probably check it out.

Aside from that... I'm not sure yet. Aside from K-On! Season 2, I don't see any Spring blockbusters (commercially) here, really, but I guess it's good to take a wait and see approach.

I do like how a few of these animes have a more retro anime look to them. Toei apparently is bringing the mullet back, which is nice to see.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2010-02-10 at 21:02.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 21:02   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have to go back a rewatch Major now that S6 is coming up. :O

I'll also watch K-ON! S2 and Black*Rock Shooter.

I also noticed there are THREE baseball-related shows. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 21:20   Link #17
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Spring Season... I'm absolutely watching Angel Beats and K-ON! Second Season... Everything else haven't interest me, but you never know because I picked up a few titles I didn't intend on watching at first.
Old 2010-02-11, 00:10   Link #18
Echoes

Can't see very much that I'm excited about for the time being, but that'll probably change once the season actually rolls around.

At least there are a couple of sequels that I know I'll enjoy; K-On and Koihime Musou.
Old 2010-02-11, 01:58   Link #19
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Can't see very much that I'm excited about for the time being, but that'll probably change once the season actually rolls around.
Yeah I'd have to agree. Many very vague descriptions that don't really say much about what the series is really about, but granted that there's only so much space below each picture. I'll wait for Omni to post his PV collection before I make any serious decision.

Although I do have to say that Heroman and Hakuouki could be interesting. Angel Beats, meh...I'll probably watch it but I'm not really interested in seeing everyone comparing Haruhi to it over and over, ala K-On! and Sora no Woto.
Old 2010-02-11, 02:12   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Wow, am I the only one interested in Senko no Night Raid, a story about the Japanese occupation of Shanghai in the 1930's? Even if the show is a disaster, decoding its politics will itself be worth the price of admission. When was the last time we saw a show about the Japanese role in East Asia during the pre-World War II period?
Wow... did some lookup on this. This has some jaw-dropping potential to go all the wrong ways. Yeah.... an eye should be kept on it.