AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-13, 16:04   Link #1
Pebamama

Looking for anime (not a existing type ;))

I'm looking for an anime with a male prtagonist that falls in love with a really "strong" girl [in character (or also just stronger than him:P )] or the opposite , that the "strong" girl falls in love with the guy . I would like there to be at least a kiss between them
I would prefer for the anime to be kinda romancy in some scenes.

I had enough with the extremely passive girls in the animes :P
Old 2011-08-13, 17:14   Link #2
MidoriHiME

I can think of a few, but there's no kissing

Full Metal Panic
Shakugan no Shana

Zero no Tsukaima does have kissing
Old 2011-08-13, 17:30   Link #3
Raiga
tl;dr

Seconding Shana and FMP, suggesting Toradora.

Strong female leads are actually not that rare (in fact, I often hear people complaining about how the male lead is so much weaker of a character than any of the girls in his harem).

As a rather unconventional suggestion, I'm going to toss in Tatami Galaxy (known in Japanese as Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei). It's an avant-garde tale of a college student looking for a direction in life. While not the central focus, one of the major elements is his crush on his stoic, strong-willed underclassman Akashi. It's an extremely good series: quirky, surreal, often very funny, and at the end of the day quite poignant.
Old 2011-08-13, 18:02   Link #4
Elegance

Lets See:
Toradora
Buso Renkin
Suzuka
Elemental Gelade
Dragonaut The Resonance
Maison Ikkoku
Elfen Lied
Please Teacher
Please Twins
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Sekirei?
Princess Lover
Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka
Valkyria Chronicles
Otome youkai zakuro
My Noble Masters
Nodame Cantabile sequels
Amagami SS
Hanbun No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
True Tears

I think most of these have at least one kiss

Last edited by Elegance; 2011-08-13 at 18:46.
Old 2011-08-13, 18:04   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'd second Shakugan no Shana and toradora. And highly suggest Otome Youkai Zakuro.

And maybe Seirei no Moribito, but the romance really isn't the focus of the series, so I am not sure on it.

Also Amagami SS certain arcs will fit this though a few won't so again unsure.
MAL
Old 2011-08-13, 20:28   Link #6
Pebamama

i checked some and they seem good , but are there any with kinda more "mature" characters ? because some seemed like kids

Last edited by Pebamama; 2011-08-14 at 06:11.
Old 2011-08-13, 21:38   Link #7
Elegance

True Tears-Love drama. No comedy so mature?
This is one u should really see.
Old 2011-08-14, 06:37   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
i checked some and they seem good , but are there any with kinda more "mature" characters ? because some seemed like kids
"Mature" in anime terms usually means about twenty or so. There are few series that portray people over twenty-five.

In that vein I'll second Nodame Cantabile where the characters are in their early twenties. Not much kissing until the sequels, but a great story nonetheless.

Saiunkoku Monogatari has an exceptionally strong heroine, one so focused on her own goals that the romance tends to take a back seat. It's definitely important, though, and there are kisses. Unfortunately the series is currently in licensing limbo so I can't point you to it, but Google can help.

REC has characters in their early twenties; more than kissing happens.

Kuragehime has characters in their thirties, and there is romance, but it might be more quirky than you're looking for.
Old 2011-08-14, 06:53   Link #9
Ziziphus
Whatever

I don't watch these kinds of anime often so I don't have many recommendations, but here you go:

-Fate/stay night: fits your description perfectly. There's a kiss iirc.

-Ergo Proxy: not a romance anime, but the main protagonist does fall in love with the female lead (who has a very strong personality), and they do kiss in one scene and have some cute scenes together. If you're not freaked out by the dark atmosphere from the 1st episode, do give it a try!

Seconding Otome Youkai Zakuro (can't remember if they kiss), Valkyria Chronicles and Toradora! (there's a kiss iirc).
Old 2011-08-14, 07:01   Link #10
Pebamama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
"Mature" in anime terms usually means about twenty or so. There are few series that portray people over twenty-five.
by saying more "mature" i mean something lat least ike school life but with the characters beeing more grown up . I watched an episode of a certain anime and the girl was more like a kid than a teenager
Old 2011-08-14, 10:49   Link #11
Theowne
耳をすませば

Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars sounds like a good choice. It has a reversal of archetypes with the female character being the confident battle type and the male character being more reserved, with the inevitable romance story. It is a sci-fi series though, so if you absolutely hate space battles, then maybe it's not for you.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2011-08-14, 19:13   Link #12
Corwin_r

Send a message via MSN to Corwin_r
Lovely Complex has a really strong girl as the main character, the guy isn't exactly a wimp too, though in my opinion he fulfills the needed criteria for that. She's definitely stronger than him in character and they get a real chance at romance.
Old 2011-08-14, 22:59   Link #13
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars sounds like a good choice. It has a reversal of archetypes with the female character being the confident battle type and the male character being more reserved, with the inevitable romance story. It is a sci-fi series though, so if you absolutely hate space battles, then maybe it's not for you.
Seconding this. It's been a while but I do fondly remember this series and Theowne hits the nail on the head with the description.
Old 2011-08-15, 00:55   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
the "strong" girl falls in love with the guy . I would like there to be at least a kiss between them
I would prefer for the anime to be kinda romancy in some scenes.
Quote:
by saying more "mature" i mean something lat least ike school life but with the characters beeing more grown up .
Bakemonogatari?
Closed Thread